• Published 7th Mar 2017
  • 584 Views, 9 Comments

Change of Heart - Haillee



The story of Queen Chrysalis and her entracting with ponyville after the mutiny she encountered.. Question is how will she change the ponies she meets along the way?

  • ...
4
 9
 584

A Home

The stallions finished their talk and said their goodbyes. Rusty called Trance to come back and Chrysalis followed behind. She could finally ask about Zecora.

"So umm will I be seeing the zebra pony?" She asked as they began to walk down the street.

"Maybe. She might be able to help you. We will go to her tomorrow and see what she can do. "

Chrysalis began to worry again. She didn't want to leave she had finally gotten food and this weird feeling inside her made her want to just stay. She would have to choose though. Risk being revealed, or leave.

They arrived at a small house on the edge of ponyville. Rusty opened the door and opened his home to his family and young Chrysalis.
"Welcome to our home." Said trance as he began to bounce around. Chrysalis entered and smiled to see a nice cottage like feeling. It felt, warm? That didn't make sense changeling don't feel temperatures why did it feel warm? Oh well it didn't matter she liked the feeling. The house was nicely decorated with some lovely picture on the walls and a bright blue sofa and a green rug to match it. The fireplace was out but it was still beautiful, it was made of stone and it too had pictures on the mantel.

Chrysalis beamed at how this tiny home came together, but before she could walk in the door to much Trance grabbed her by the hoof and began to run her around. She past a dining room which had a small table with four chairs. The table seemed hoof made and had several carvings in the legs that made it look majestic. She wanted to look more but she was still being drag by the young colt.

"Come on I want to show you my room." He said as he began to haul her up the stair. He sure was a strong thing. She looked as the assorted color painted stair case and how there was several pictures on the wall. She was being pulled to fast to look at any of them but they were such a pretty sight. He pulled her down the hall which was painted white, with a bunch of colorful hoof prints of all sizes placed on it. At this she dug her feet into the ground pulling the colt to a stop. He turned to look at her. "What's wrong?" He asked thinking he may have over stepped his bounds.

"The hoof prints they have names on them? Who put them here?" Ask Chrysalis. She got a strange feeling from this wall and felt it was very special.

"Oh, this house has been in our family for nearly 500 moons. My great great great great grandma started this tradition whenever somepony in our family is born they come to this house and place a hoof print on the wall. See there is mine. Did that the day I got home from the hospital with my mama. and that one started it all." He said, he pointed to a hoof print that was dark red and looked a bit faded. But it still had energy off it. It felt weird like it was wanting to get rid of her.

"My mom says that my grandma that put that there was a unicorn. She placed a spell on her hoof and the wall so that anyone that places their hoof on it is either family or considered family. And that the way keeps away the demons and monsters. Protects us. Though I think she just told me that so I would go to bed at night." He said he began to pull Chrysalis hoof again and she went with him.

Protects the house? Wonder what it will do to her. She thought as she was running down the hall. There were hundreds of hooves on this wall some overlapping. That old one seems to be the only one that stood on its own like it was set apart or something.

He finally pulled her into a room at the end of the hall. It had blue wall paper with stars on the ceiling. There were several toys across the floor. There was a row of stuff animals stand on the dresser and several planes hanging from the ceiling by strings. The bed was decorated covers with what looked like video game controls.

"I know my room is awesome I got this thing in my closet my mom doesn't know about. Come look." He said happily

Chrysalis walked over and sat down ready to see a magazine of mares. That's what guys do right? Nope. He pulls out some pony armor.

"I got these a while back from my dad’s work. They were in the trash so I grabbed them and now I am a knight." He said proudly. He put the helmet on his head and began to march around the room. He looked a bit silly and the helmet was far too big for him. Though he didn't seem to care. He was just running around as if chasing something. He then grabbed a toy sword and tossed it to Chrysalis, he grabbed one for him and shouted. "Jane watch out for the evil dragon."

Chrysalis jumped and turned but nothing was there. Trance ran around her and held his sword out to thin air. Chrysalis began to wonder if this colt was right in the brain. Then she realized, he was playing. Like he did in the hospital. She held out her sword and followed his move. He swiped his sword and pointed to the other wall. Chrysalis took a swing and pretended to hit what he pointed at. Turns out he was pointing at something real, Dusty walked in.

"I have to admit that did hurt a bit. " He said as Chrysalis backed down dropping the sword. Dusty looked at Trance who was trying to hide the helmet under the bed.

"Trance me and your mother knew you have had it for a while. Stop trying to hide it. Trance me and your mother need to talk to you won't take long."

Chrysalis didn't understand the father wasn't mad when he took something he shouldn't have. Maybe he would speak to him later. But she didn't care about that right now she waited for them to leave the room, after sure being alone she began to catch the love that surrounded the room. She got some of it, but decided to leave some for the family to collect. They would still need it after all to stay connected and care for each other. Wait why did she care about that? She had never cared about the prey before? She gathered as much love as she could without hurting the family and the door slammed shut. Chrysalis jumped dropping the love she hadn't already eaten. Yes, she was still a pony but it still scared her.

She turns to see who was with her but there was nopony. Nopony was there? it didn't make sense.

"Jane time for lunch." Called Peach, and Chrysalis very confused ran through the hall and down the stairs.

Peach had mad some lovely soup for them to eat for lunch. Chrysalis dropped in some love and mixed it in. She drank all the soup and love and was rather content on the creaminess of it. After lunch, it was back to playtime. They played inside and out. Outside there was a large tree house that Chrysalis just adored. Adored? Is that the word she thought of, makes no sense because she should be able to feel these pony emotions for pony object. Why did she car?

They played out back in the tree house till dusk, and Peachy practically had to drag Chrysalis in from the tree house. Only deciding she would obey when she was a promised she could come back out tomorrow. They had some lovely salads and some more hayburgers. Chrysalis shoved a little love she collected in the burger and munched on her crunchy delight.

Afterward Peachy drew a bath and began to scrub down Trance. She then went to get Chrysalis and help her bathe but Chrysalis decided that she was not going to be touching her. It is one thing for a hug but she would much more prefer that she bathe alone. Without some pony trying to scrub her down.

"Jane stop running you need a bath!" Peach yelled as Chrysalis ran circles around the living room. Trance sat on the sofa laughing not bothering to help his mother nor Chrysalis. Peachy dash one way and another trying to catch her. But Chrysalis was no filly. Well she was but not really. She knew exactly how to avoid her.

"Jane! Come back you need to bathe you have been outside all afternoon you need to bathe before bed."

Trance laughed even more.

"NO!" Shouted Chrysalis playfully. Even though she was quite serious about not letting this mare bathe her, she still had to put up an act.

Peach finally stopped running, she was out of breath and panting heavily. She sat down and watch Trance laugh at the sight and Chrysalis hide behind the couch.

"Tell you what. I will get a bathe. But I want to do it alone!" Chrysalis said over the couch she wasn't going to give herself up without a replay. But no answer came. Trance began to laugh and snort. Chrysalis looked over the couch to see what was going on only to find that Peach was not even there. Chrysalis then remembered. She may have been thinking this was a game but the mother, she was a pegasus. She looked up to find the mare right over her swooping down. Chrysalis darted under the couch trying to get out of her reach. Didn't work, instead the mare grabbed her back hooves and pulled her out. She smiled and with an evil grin and flipped Chrysalis over on her back. Chrysalis closed her eyes in fear only to start a burst of laughter. What was this mare doing to her? She peaked though an eye laughing uncontrollably. Teach sat tickling her tummy and laughing as she did. Chrysalis tried to get away from this but nothing was moving right. He legs kicked and hooves nearly hit the mare. Peach let go and Chrysalis stupidly and Chrysalis took the chance and ran for the bathroom. Once Peach realize where she was going she flew after her. But Chrysalis beat her there and shut the door as fast as she could. Peach slammed right into the door.


"I will take a bath I promise." Said Chrysalis.

After bath time, it was time for bed. Chrysalis sat confused still deciding wither she should leave tonight. They placed her in a guest room. It was a large bed with a big blanket. This bed was even more comforting then the one at the hospital. As she layed down she felt the weight of all the fun she had today close her eyes. Guess that answered her question. she wasn't leaving tonight. She forgot to care if she was found out she gave her horn a soft glow to help her stay in pony form through the night. And then she was out.

She was back in the guest room this time she sat up and there was a sword pointed at her. She smiled thinking it was Trance so she sat up. It wasn't, it was a guard and Twilight, her friends stood behind her and Throax at their side. She looked terrified and confused she looked toward the hall and saw Trance looked as though he had been crying. Peach held him close and turned him away. Chrysalis looked at herself she was a changeling again. The spell it didn't work. No, not now she had finally had something to eat and somepony that could help her. A friend? Yes, she had a friend. And now she was about to be taken from him. Chrysalis began to cry and no pony said a word Twilight stood there her horn glowing thinking that it was a trick.

"Enough." Came a voice. Chrysalis looked up to find everypony being turn to dust. She looked in the hall which is now empty as well. Nopony was to be seen. She heard hoof step coming from the hall. From the hall appeared a single pony. She seemed to be see through, and she had a pair of bright blue eyes.

"Hello Chrysalis, my name is Candy." She said sweetly. But something in her voice appeared rather strict.

"Strange don't you think that the creature everyone is fearful of and desperate to avoid is right here and scared of being found" She said walking beside the bed.

"Who are you?" Chrysalis stated looking annoyed.

"I have told you. The correct question you are looking for is what do you want." She said.

Chrysalis was silent, what was she a teacher? Made since a strict teach with a kind face. That is exactly what she seemed like.

"I am here to bring a warning. You hurt my family or I see you have bad intentions then I will smite you off this green earth and right up to the moon. Seemed to do Luna wonders maybe it can do the same for you."

Chrysalis now much more confused sat and look at this unicorn. Who was she to say that? And her family? Oh dear, her hoof was red like the fading paint on the wall. She was the protector.

"I mean them no harm I promise." Confessed Chrysalis.

"I see that I can straight through you, and that is the only reason I have not already alerted the Princess of your location. The dream you just had proved me right. You only wish for a friend."

"Changeling don't have friends! We are unable to give love and that is all a friendship is."

"Be careful with my grandson. He gets into trouble sometimes. am unable to leave the house so I am leaving it to you that you protect him." She said before she faded.

"Changelings don't have friends!!!!!" Cried Chrysalis as she disappeared.

"I will never have a friend."

Author's Note:


Ok sorry i know it is a long chapter but there was alot to fit in it. I could have left out some detial but i truely think it just pulls the whole thing together. I hope you enjoyed.