• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 364 Views, 1 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: The Shadow King - Silver Inkwell



How did King Sombra ever rise to power? What was he like? Was he strong, weak, evil, normal? Read and find out.

  • ...
 1
 364

Rise of the King

Chapter Four: Rise of the King

Sombra stood over the cold frozen lake with his best friend and also the ‘mother’ who had raised him, he stood waiting for their deaths to come.

“I am sure that you are very curious as to why I brought you here today,” he said, “But that question will be answered in a moment, for I shall ascend to my proper place and position and have great power, but I cannot be weak if I am to do that, and that is why I must do this so that I can be strong enough, and then once I am nothing will stop me, and even though I know you won’t see my long and glorious reign, I know that you will be very proud of me.”

And with that said he used his magic to cut a hole in the ice.

“Sombra? What are you doing?” his best friend Diamond Sparkle said.

“I am doing what I have to so that I may be strong and do what I want.”

And with that said he jumped in the very cold icy water.

“SOMBRA! NO!” Diamond said rushing over to the hole, but it was too late, he was sinking far too fast, but as they watched they saw a strange dark glow of black and green and purple, and then suddenly Sombra burst out of the water using his magic to levitate. But something about him was now different, his horn, it was curved now instead of straight, and was red black instead of gray.

“Sombra? What happened to you?” Diamond said in shock and surprise.

“I became stronger,” he said in a very noticeably darker and much deeper voice, “And now you will have to die, and I’m sorry, but I must do this for the good of the kingdom, but don’t feel too bad, your deaths will be very glorious indeed.”

And with that said he went over and used magic to kill his friend and ‘mother’.

And then he smiled after he killed them, for now he was strong, and his mind was also overtaken by the darkness and shadows and their madness too.

And then he went to the castle and quickly found the crystal heart, and took it thus making an absence of light and love where he could fill it with fear and hate and chaos, even if it brought pain, sorrow, and despair to others.

For in the end it would make them strong, and he would only rule a strong empire and nation, and not a weak kingdom like others instead.

And so it was that he became king and put on the battle armor of one and made the crystal ponies his slaves for they did not want to live and work under him, but they had to if they were to be strong, and one day, just maybe they might thank him for making them strong, and with that thought in mind he smiled, for now he had finally done, now he was the Crystal King.

Now he was finally king of the shadows and darkness.

Now he was finally strong and no longer weak anymore.

And now nothing would ever stop him or his plans, quests, or goals.

Not even the echoes and shadows of the past.

Not even the princesses of Equestria themselves.

He truly really was immortal and unstoppable now.

And he would keep it that way forever.

And nothing would ever change that small simple tiny little fact.

Author's Note:

I hope that you liked, loved, and enjoyed this story!

(And yes it was originally meant to be much longer instead.)

Comments ( 1 )

I'll save you some time (writer): Sombra was both born a monster and made a monster.

Login or register to comment