• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 367 Views, 1 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: The Shadow King - Silver Inkwell



How did King Sombra ever rise to power? What was he like? Was he strong, weak, evil, normal? Read and find out.

  • ...
 1
 367

Rising in Power and Position

Chapter Two: Rising in Power and Position

Soon enough Sombra did more than just be a supervisor however, soon he also became head of the whole entire mining district, and he was very glad since that only meant one thing, he could now get much closer to the king now.

And so he just waited for the perfect time to take action.

And very soon enough there even came a time where the king requested him.

And he smiled when he heard that, after all, it was a direct message.

And if he could get close enough to the king then he could kill him.

But that wouldn’t be the real true problem, that would come when some pony else took control, but he easily could kill them, and he could hide very easily enough. No, the real problem would be gaining enough power to rule forever as an immortal, and having so much power that no pony would ever dare to question him would also be a slight problem as well too but in time he would soon find out how to solve it, or at
least he hoped that he could do so.

But he did, eventually, with some help.

What kind of help exactly? Well it was with the voices of course.

They helped him, they guided him, they told him who he really truly was.

They told him the truth, and they were real, after all, they were of the darkness and shadows, and he knew that because of his blood that he could talk with them. But of course the first time that he heard them it was quite a shock.

He first heard them in the library when he was researching, and their first words were this: Hello Sombra.

And after that they continued to talk on as he looked around the room to make sure that he wasn’t crazy, and after he did they went on to explain who he really truly was and what to do now.

And he quickly agreed to their plans about him rising to power as the king, and once he had killed the king, his advisor, and any pony else loyal to him, well then he could finally be strong and powerful, very much so
indeed.

But now that he would finally get a meeting with the king he was one step closer, one step closer to victory and the end, one step closer to glory and power and strength, he was so very close and near to the end now.

It wasn’t too far off and away, but of course there was one last obstacle that he would have to overcome, and he didn’t like it, but he knew that he would eventually have to do it, and that’s why he tried to save her death for last.

But that’s a story for later, for now let us go to the king’s talk instead.