• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 363 Views, 1 Comments

The Lost Legends of Equestria: The Shadow King - Silver Inkwell



How did King Sombra ever rise to power? What was he like? Was he strong, weak, evil, normal? Read and find out.

  • ...
 1
 363

Mining for Crystals

Part One: The King’s Corruption

Chapter One: Mining for Crystals

Every day it was the same thing for Sombra, work on mining the crystals, then go and do his studies on magic back home or in the library, and it was boring and dull, he wished that the routine could change a bit every so often once a while, but it never did. But on the bright side at least he could do his work all alone, ponies had learned after a while that them asking to help him was a bad idea and instead they learned to stay far away from him with fear and respect.

And that’s just the way that he always wanted it to be like, forever.
If ponies knew who he was then he wouldn’t have to talk with them for they were far too boring and beneath him, and that was quite well with him.
A
nd so it was that he kept mining for crystals for the king.

It was very boring work but when he wasn’t required to do it he studied dark magic to improve his skills and talents even though it was both forbidden and restricted, and getting into that section of the library was very hard, but after an encounter with her where he intimidated her with fear he got through then.

And the latest spell that he found could help him find gems faster, and if he did that then perhaps maybe he could finally get the chance to rise in both power and position and even maybe meet the king, and then his plan could really truly start. And once it did he would be unstoppable, after all, he knew the real true reason as to why the king wanted them, it wasn’t so that they could always have something for the crystal heart or to trade and sell, no, those were only very small tiny little parts of the gem’s true potential, for they could store magic, dark, light, one of love it didn’t matter what king it was.

Eventually he struck gold in a metaphorical sense as he came across a vein of crystals and then he shouted out, “WE GOT A VEIN OVER HERE!”

And suddenly every pony came over and started to mine over there.

“Wow, that was lucky,” a pony said to him, female oddly enough.

“No, not luck, I’m just really good at finding it with magic.”

“Well then, maybe you should become the head supervisor of the mines, and then maybe you could even report to the king directly, who knows?”

“That sounds simply splendid,” he said smiling very deviously.

And with that said the mare smiled very softly and then went away.

And he watched as the ponies around him started to play into his plan.