• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 3,107 Views, 63 Comments

Heroes meet heros, a Zootopia/MLP crossover - Applejack224



One year after the Night Howler conspiracy, ZPD officers Judy Hopps and Nicholas Wilde find themselves in a strange world unlike their own.

  • ...
12
 63
 3,107

Chapter 6: The Decision

Later..


The four princesses met in the Crystal Castle's situation room following the interview. Twilight carried a stack of papers so tall, one would think she was prepared for the longest speech ever recorded in history. Or she could have just went a bit overboard with her note-taking, that was always a possibility. After taking their seats, Princess Celestia noticed the ridiculous amount of notes Twilight had and said, "enough notes there, My Former Student?"

Twilight grinned and blushed a bit. "I may have gotten a tad bit carried away with my notes. There was just so much information and it was so exciting and-"

"It's quite alright, Twilight. I'm sure all of us are quite excited by this turn of events." Celestia replied, chuckling a bit.

"In any case, it is time for Us to make a very important decision: what should we do regarding these... foreigners?" Luna said, her tone one of seriousness.

"Yes, of course. Based on what I have seen myself, I think we are safe letting the officers stay." Cadence replied.

She then turned to Twilight and asked, "Twilight, what do you think?"

Twilight was busy flipping through her notes when Cadence asked and after a couple minutes, replied, "well, it seems to me that these officers pose no threat to the safety of Equestria and we may be able to learn alot from each other."

"Yes, but will they be able to get used to our ways. We are concerned that these strangers may find Equestrian society to be....very different from their own. Not to mention how our little ponies will react to seeing them." Luna countered.

"Maybe so, but did you also not have trouble adapting to Equestrian society, Sister? When you were reformed and started becoming acquainted to modern Equestria, I recall you went through quite a culture shock." Celestia replied.

Luna looked to her sister and considered what she said.

"Besides, like Twilight stated and like we saw for ourselves, these strangers pose no harm, can speak our language perfectly, and not to mention are respectable members of their own society." Celestia continued.

"We... I suppose you are right, Sister." Luna finally said.

The three turned to Cadence, who hadn't yet shared her own opinion.

"What says you, Dear Cadence?" Luna asked.

"I was the first to meet the two officers and based on my own interview combined with our most recent interview, I see no reason to not allow them to continue living here. I will suggest, however, that we work on trying to get them home as soon as possible. I am quite sure they have family and friends back home who would miss them too much." Cadence replied.

"Of course. We will do everything in our power to make sure the two return home safe and sound." Celestia said, smiling.

She then said, "all in favor of letting the strangers continue to live, say 'aye'."

Four ayes were said; an unanimous vote.

"The ayes have it. This meeting is adjourned." Celestia announced, getting up from the table.

The four princesses, satisfied in their decision, left the room and went to tell the strangers the news.


.......


Nick and Judy waited in the same room they had spent in the night before, with Judy nervously pacing the room and Nick tapping his foot.

"H-Hey Judy."

Judy paused and her ears perked up, not used to hearing Nick sound so... scared. She slowly turned to him and asked, "y-yeah, Nick?"

Nick looked up, his ears folded back and his eyes seeming somewhat fearful. It broke her heart to see him like this and she just wanted to go over to him and give him the biggest hug he ever experienced.

"C-Carrots, I-I never got to-"

His words were stopped when the sound of the door being opened was heard, causing the two to quickly look to see who it was: the four princesses of Equestria. One by one, the four entered, until they were all facing the two officers at the same time.

"Officers Nicholas Wilde and Judy Hopps, We Royal Princesses of Equestria have decided to allow both of you the honor of receiving our friendly hoof. Welcome to Equestria." Princess Celestia announced.

Comments ( 17 )

Aww... Its short.:ajsleepy:

8002500 Wow that's my song :heart: :ajsmug:

I find odd they are discussing "allowing" them to stay in equestria when it was their mage who brought them there and have no way to return them. What were they going to do otherwise, banish them to the bad lands? Lock em up? Send them to saddle Arabia?

8007936 I always thought it would lead to either death or something else
8007936

8009236 You would think they'd kill them? I know there's a lot of gray area to explore in the unsaid of equestria lore but really? If they were to explore that option I would think they'd need more than "hey two aliens appeared" Now if they showed up and killed someone that'd be a different story but just them considering the option when it was them that brought them their and they haven't done anything to warrant mistrust then wouldn't think that it would be on the table. And if your going to include thinking of a concept such as that then you'll you need to show it in the story. Doesn't need to be right away but unless provide something that suggest your celestia would take that action, then you'll have to give an example later on. Otherwise your audience can only assume that your celestia is no different from the show.

8009306 Well, I don't know for certain,but that was the idea going through my head. The First Contact Scenario states that if the visitors are a threat to the safety of Equestria, they are to be removed. Perhaps the princesses use a facility similar to Area 51 or some other top secret project.

8009380 "The First Contact scenario" is that something specific to your story or are you basing off of something in real life? From MLP the only things we know is what the show tells us so unless there's a point in the show that talks about it I don't see how they would consider death to be a viable alternative given the situation.

8009490 It is specifically for the story. Alot of what you see is based on my own headcanon for the MLP universe such as the Equestrian air forces and Her Majesties' Royal Military. I like to think Celestia would avoid death if she realistically sees another solution.

8009609 ok. But you do realize cannon celestia more than likely wouldn't even consider death being an option in a first contact scenario. Hence way if your celestia thinks differently than said cannon one there would need to be proof that she has taken such action before. A war, or having to execute a dangerous criminal would be a good show case. I'm not saying it needs to be up front, it can be explained in later chapters via flashback, a random case file, or just a passing mention. Its just something to so your readers can see the differences.

8009917 I see where you're coming from. I'll be sure to reference it at some point

8020297 Thanks for the clarification

The honor of receiving our friendly hoof... :rainbowlaugh:

Implications right there. Awkward phrasing much? It`s ridiculously easy to misconstrue this as lewd or threatening without even changing the wording.

8007936
8009236
I know this is a bit late....but have you considered the moon? Or the sun? :duck:I hear they're excellent for sending homicidal megalomaniacs and unwanted complications to a...time out. Of course, there's always Tartarus. There's even a cute doggy there.:raritywink:

8246645
I could understand if they considered those options when there was an obvious threat or even a misunderstanding that made them look evil or something. However in this case they were deemed nonthreatening and even law enforcers before the princesses ever got involved. And the wording of "allowing them to stay" means they considered them a danger. And there's the fact that it's technically their fault to begin with.

Sunshine, Sunshine ladybugs awake!
Clap your hooves,
And do a Harlem shake!:pinkiehappy:

I can't wait to see the next chapter.

moar
i NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD IT
NEED IT
moar moar moar
it's like eating ice cream but never getting to finish it and you cant do anything but watch it melt

Login or register to comment