• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 1,116 Views, 12 Comments

The Earth Quake - Haileythedog



Scootaloo has found a family, but not one she ever thought she would have. Going from sleeping on cement to being diapered by your Idol isn't an easy transition, but when tradegity strikes, things get even more difficult.

  • ...
13
 12
 1,116

CH. 7 A personal escort? Isn't this a bit backwards?

I would come to figure out that if you talked about the princesses long enough, one would eventually show up. I found Filthy Riche's face had lost its color. He barily managed to stuffer out the phrase "W-what do we owe the privilege?" We all bowed our heads, but Celestia only laughed and came in.

"Well," her voice was comforting and calming, and it encouraged me to raise my head. Everyone else continued to bow. "I have come to pick up the kids, who were supposed to stay in school," she glared at us as if we had gotten out of time-out, "but we are on our way to twighlights castle."

"I was about to tell you daddy," Tia began, her voice trembling, "I was invited to the castle for the weekend."

"Oh... you will be away the entire weekend?" Filthy Rich looked hurt. Tia had to squeeze my hoof for comfort.

"Well it is about time she sees what being royal is really like, wouldn't you agree Mr. Rich?" Celestia was useing what I would one day call, her coaxing voice. It's the one she uses to get her way and keep everyone calm while she does it.

"Y-yes... I mean, yes your majesty!" He bowed again and Celestia could only roll her eyes.

"Well go pack your things dear. You won't need much." As Celestia gave the command, Diamond Tiara dissapeared in a cloud of dust, going to get what she would need for the weekend. "Rainbow has your scooter and stuff ready for you."

I smiled at her in appriciation. "Um, can we run a quick errand before we go?"

"Ohhh?" Celestia seemed intrigued. "Where do you need to go?"






I watched as my blanket span in the washer, sitting in Celestia's lap, leaning back against her and sighing from the day's stresses. Diamond Tiara sat in the seat next to us on some kind of vidiogame box. Celestia was softly snoreing, getting some sleep before what I'm guessing would be a long night. The sound of the washers clanged in my mind, the flashing cameras like a flickering star as they took photo's of their princess with a fillie in her lap. It wasn't very regal of her, so everypony must know about it. Suddenly, the snorting stopped.

"Mmmmmm quite the sound to wake to." She softly pet my main and looked to see the game Tia had been playing. Enslaving animals huh? Don't let Fluttershy see that game."

"W-what?" She seemed confused. "No, it's Pokémon." Celestia only gave a chuckle.

"I know, I just got Mewtwo" at this Diamond Tiara grew a mixture oh happy and joulous.

"HOW DID YOU GET HIM!?"

"Shhhhhhhh. I believe they don't have a gender. Did you beat the final four?" Thie conversation started loosing me by the second. I zoned out and thought about the castle. I had only been there a select few times, mainly to sneak in and listen to twighlights class. She just explained things in a way that I could understand them. She is why I liked history. It's not that I didn't like to learn, but I didn't understand what they taught. It made me feel helpless at school, but I had bigger problems to cry over.

A ding came from the washer and I hopped up. I went to get it out and put it in the washer, but Celestia took it from me. I prosested, but as she headed outside with it, she started to dry it with heat. I watched in awe as a ray from the sun came down onto the blanket and started warming it up. It lasted only about 5 seconds before dissapearing. The Princess folded it up and trotted back inside, setting it in my bag.

"I guess controlling the ultimate heat source can come in handy." Diamond Tiara had a smile on her face, obviously hopeing to be as good as her one day. Something she had never told any livening thing, that I would soon come to find out, was that she had hoped her cutiemark didn't mean what others thought it meant. She didn't want to be rich and famous, she didn't want unending amounts of power, she just wanted to be the good guy one day. It was hard, her main two rolemodels being a drunk and a snob, but under the black tar was a warm heart that wanted to spread its joy. She hoped her cutiemark meant she would be a princess. In my opinion, she already was one, she just had to stretch her wings and break out of her horrid shell.

"So what kind of things are we doing at tighlight's?" I questioned Celestia and picked up my saddle bag.

"Well Mrs and Mrs Dash want to teach you how to fly, play some games, catch up with twighlight, try and night train you two," we were both shushing her at that comment, looking around and seeing if anypony heard, "and of coarse a long night of Cider, telling tall tales, and singing some shantys. And I will be honest, her majesty does not sing well." We giggled as she talked in the third person.






The comment about night training got me thinking about it the entire walk to Twighlights castle. It made since that since I had never needed to night train that I never did, but why was it that Diamond Tiara still wet the bed? She had parents that obviously discouraged it, she had a proper bed with expensive linens, and I'm sure it would be an easy feat. My concentration was inturrupted by Tia bumping into me.

"Hey. You look cute when your thinking." Celestia chuckled at her remark.

"Well," her highness began, "arn't you two just an adorable couple?"

"We haven't really decided if we're dateing," I said sheepishly. I was a bit shy about the subject, but I was telling the truth. Even at my age I knew that it would only be some silly little thing. I wanted to wait until high school to date. "How far away are we?"

"Don't worry abouy it," Celestia said sweetly, "think of me as a personal escort." I then heard her whisper to herself, "mainly cause I'll do just about anything for enough bits." It made her laugh, but I didn't get it. Maybe it was like a pirate thing?

Luckily we actually hadn't been far at all, we got there in no time! Diamond Tiara was in awe of everything about the castle, all the way down to the unique desighn of each window. I had seen it all before, but it was still pretty cool. Celestia took my bag off and took out my report card, handing it to me. "They are all in the dineing room... good luck." Celestia knew they would not like my grades. I hesitantly started dragging my hooves to the room with the long table, hiwever Tia did the opposite, running at a full sprint to meet the princess.

As I opened the doors, Rainbow and Fluttershy's faces lit up with happiness to see me. I hung my head in shame. "What's wrong dear?" Fluttershy conserningly came over. I just have her the paper, and my eyes started to tear up. "Oh... oh dear... that's not good."

"Scootaloo! This is worse than my grades were! That's pretty bad!" Rainbow was furious, but Fluttershy set a hoof on her chest and gestured to the tears running down my cheeks. "Scoo-"

"I don't understand it." My voice was dry and cracking. "No mater how hard I try, I never understand it. Eventually, I just gave up, but now I have some one to disappoint. Please... don't be mad at me. I wanna try harder."

Rainbow stood up and walked tword me. I looked at her and we were face to face. I expected her to yell and scold me, just as I had seen every grown pony do to me. Instead she did something much worse, something that left me with the ultimate feeling of sadness. She hugged me. "It will be okay," she began, "you are obviously sorry, and I understand thing have gone so fast for you."

"What you need is a good tuter!" The voice came from next to me. Next to me was a tall purple hoarse. She was well above her friends now, growing into the body of an alicorn. She handed me a tissue, giveing a sweet smile. I took it and wiped my eyes and face, then blew my nose.

"Dinner will be served momentarily," a British pony yelled from the kition.

I had been so disappointed in myself, I hadn't notice Celestia enter the room behind me until she yelled, "Thanks Kibitz!" I jumped out of my skin and into Fluttershy's lap. The room started laughing and smiling, and Fluttershy held me close. I didn't mind.

Technically, I was to old to sit in the lap of anyone but the princesses, but I loved feeling small, this was the first time I had felt this way in my life. Diamond Tiara had been blushing on the other side of the room, actually jealous. As Twighlight sat down, she came over to her and said something I couldn't quite make out, but you knew soon enough when she crawled into the princesses lap and they started talking about things such as school and adventures. Rainbow sat in her seat and looked takes me, saying, "I want you to forget about your grades okay? We have somethings we will be implementing here that require full attention." I blushed imeadiatly, knowing what it was. "So she told you?" I noded. "Well I guess I better announce the rules then."

"But Twighlight is here!" I was an apple at this point, but Rinbows face did not waver.

"Both her and Kibitz already know. Girl! Everyone!" I put my face in my hooves. "For every night you wet the bed, you will be forced to wear an embarrassing clothing article of our choice! For those who don't at the bed, get a peice of cake that day!" The sound managed to carry though the entire castle. She was very loud.

That was about the time Kibitz came in with a cart of food and drinks, asking "does this count for adults too?"

"Why yes it does Kibitz, yes it does." Rainbow smirked, obviously planning many pranks.

We all sat for dinner, Kibitz serving each of us our plates and putting more meals and deserts in the middle. My dish was a vedgyburger with hay fries. I started to dig in as Twighlight poured Celestia a glass of wine where every pony else drank juice. I guessed being imortal means you don't get drunk so easy. She then sat down and started eating as well, only for everypony at the table to look up at Celestia, who made it a point to push the wine back with a smirk on her face. Everypony accept the two princesses had confused looks on their faces.

"Oh dear your majisty," Fluttershy said a bit meekly, "it I may be honest, that was pretty rude."

Celestia stared Twighlight down like a hawk, clearing her throught and saying, "Being imortal makes life... a bit dull to put it plainly. So us princesses like to play an odd game with eachother... just because we live forever, doesn't mean we can't die. Poison, stab wounds, magic,"

"Seeing Celestia without make-up," Twighlight quipped.

"You get the point." Celestia grinned ear to ear. "Now we arn't trying to kill eachother, but get eachother as close to death as we possibly can. It's fun for us, toying with our lives. And since we are all rulers, it isn't considered treason. Usually we like to catch eachother being amateurs and do things a bit baisic. This was done like a puzzle. It's an oldy, but a goody. Two queens fought for power until one day they held a parlay. So they sat across from eachother with pens and a paper. The host poured the guest a glass of wine and they began. As the night went on they talked about the boarder of the country. They decided to meet in the middle and split it, setting up a DMZ between them. For you kids, a DMZ is a long line, that if you cross, you are in enemy territory. They decided they would only trade supplies on the 2nd Monday of the month. If you wanted to travel to one country or the other, you needed special crossing forms that leagalized your stay. Finally, they talked about safe passage. They decided that if you were to send supplies or other ponies through either country, they would need to escort the convoy (or a long line of carts) the entire time. The guest sighned the paper and handed it to the host. The host made small talk before signing, talking about how great it felt to end the violence that had plagued their lands for so long. The guessed soon passed out on the table, and died. So my question to you all is, how did the queen die?" She looked around the room for an answer.

Rainbow finally spoke up, saying, "The wine was poisoned."

"But wouldn't the host have died too then?" Diamond Tiara looked curiously at the princess.

"She only poured the guest a glass," Rainbow explained, "she never drank any herself."

Celestia only laughed and stood, announcing, "What you didn't know my faithful student, was that I take my coffee with a teaspoon of sugar, a half cup creamer aaaaannnnd," she guestured to Kibitz.

"And madam," he retorted, "a fourth cup of Cyanide." Celestia used her magic to pick the glass up and chug the entire thing. We all looked at her amazed, expecting her to keal over and die, but nothing happened, all she did was pour another glass and started eating her meal. The Dinner was quiet, partly because of the spectical, but mostly because the food was so good. Kibitz knew how to cook. After the filling meal and some Oreo pie, I lied back in my chair, wondering what was to come this weekend.

Author's Note:

So, here is a new chapter. This was kind of a filler, sorry guys. But I somewhat liked it, if only for Celectia's monologue. Next chapter we get to learn some cool new sad stuff. Yaaaaaay depression! The editor I really want to edit my stories may be comeing in soon, but I'll anounce on my page weather or not it will be shut down to the public while editing goes on. I hope she agrees to do it. I am going to see how she edits buuuuut I have a lot of confidence in her anyway. She is a good writer. Hope you enjoyed!