• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 1,116 Views, 12 Comments

The Earth Quake - Haileythedog



Scootaloo has found a family, but not one she ever thought she would have. Going from sleeping on cement to being diapered by your Idol isn't an easy transition, but when tradegity strikes, things get even more difficult.

  • ...
13
 12
 1,116

CH.6 A dirty dollar

I woke up to the sound of a camera. Rainbow stood over me and Fluttershy, takeing our photo and snickering to herself. "My two girls," she said, "snuggled up on the couch, waiting for me to get home... come on Scoots, let's get you ready for school." I softly and carefully eased myself out of Fluttershy's arms and followed dash upstairs to her and fluttershy's personal quarters. I was amazed as none of her trophy's were hung up, only her medals... but wow there was a lot. Three Royal Medals of Honor, a Silver star, a bronze star, four persinal Decrees of thanks from Celectia herself, and many others that I didn't recognize. She had a lot of purple, heart shaped ones. She had a bunch of different colored wings, a cross with wings on it, and more ribbons than I could count.

"Wow! Where did you get all of these!?" I was amazed at the shining case hung up on the wall, but Rainbow's face only grew darker.

"I hope you never find out." Her voice was sad. You could tell she had her regrets in the guard. She opened a door to a private bathroom and grabbed some baby wipes. "Come lie down Hun. Then I want you to brush your teeth. You need to take care of yourself."

"Who are you and what have you done with Rainbow Dash?" She chuckles and gave me a smirk.

"Well you want to look awesome when you be awesome right? You should smell awesome too, make all those colts wanna take you home."

"Well... I guess so." I walked into the rest room and a towel was spread out for me to lye on. Rainbow proceeded to clean me up and throw away the dirty undergarment.

"It's Friday ya know! Me and Shyzy are headed to the castle for some R&R if you wanted to join us. We can even see if 'Tiaaaaaa' can come. You know... your giiirrrrlllll frrriieeeend!?"

"She is not! Ew! I don't... I don't swing that way...." I pouted and looked away.

"Why not?" The question shocked me. I had obviously been fibbing. I did like mares, and I knew it was okay, but something in my mind still made me scared to admit it. Mainly because I also liked diaperes and foal stuff too, so I guess you could say I didn't trust my decisions.

I was forced to brush my teeth for two minuts and Rainbow even found me a spare saddle bag before sending me off with spare ink and pens. When she wasn't looking, I put my blanket in my there as well. I hopped on my scooter and headed for Bill's stand to see if he had stock today.







"Here kid, a little something for ya." He handed me a bit of candy. "Breakfast fit for a queen." I chuckled at the joke.

"Well I'm no queen, but I am a sugar lover." I bowed as a thank you.

"How's that blanket doing?"

"Smells like a nighttime accident." I was glad it wasn't mine this time.

"Then take one of these." He threw a bit at me, and I caught it with my bag.

"Thanks Bill. Hey, got any plans this weekend?"

"Ahhhh you know, searching the woods for stuff to sell. I found a campers abandon pack. Seemed like it had been there for years. Thinking of selling it for a hefty sum of bits."

"Maybe you should look for the owner first? Heck, for all you know, they have a reward out for it."

"Ehhhh.... guess your right. Well you better hurry off if your going to be there on time."

"I think I'm going to go in a bit late. I have have a scooter to hide away again. Not to mention a blanket to take to the washers."

"Now kid, you need to be careful, school is important."

"Yea... I guess your right. Blanket will have to wait. Have a nice day Bill!" I hoped on my scooter and started to scoot away.

"And hey! That teacher of yours owes me 5 bits!" Every one seemed to owe Bill something.

On the way I caught Tia walking by Silver Spoon. I started getting closer, going around 10 miles an hour. Then, with joy, I reached out a hoof and scooped her up, setting her on the back of the scooter with her blushing and protesting, but holding onto me with a death grip.

"What the heck Scootaloo!? Why did you do that you big.... you big...."

"Oohhhhhh shush soggy butt. You were begging for a ride yesterday!"

"But it's not yesterday anymore, Rocky Road!"

"That's a good one! Might wanna write that down!" I chuckled and started to spread my wings and slow down as we got to the school's entrance. As we came to a gentle stop, I parked my scooter behind the dumpster before getting off.

"Ew! Why here if all places?" Her nose did that scrunching thing where it makes her look petty.

"Well madam," I started sarcastically, "the castle was out of room and I really didn't want to walk from canterlot. Forgive me your highness, I shall give myself 10 lashings once returned to my quarters."

"Point taken... idiot..."

"Huh... is it getting harder to insult me?"

"Sorry, it's just... my flank still hurts from my father." This was starting to make me mad. No one liked Filthy Rich. Witch now thinking back to it, may be why he is so mean. He never really had good, honest friends. Kind of like some one else I knew.

"Well... I have good news! Rainbow and Fluttershy wanted to take me to the castle this weekend and wanted to know if you wanted to come along!?"

"I would love too! I have never been in the castle before! My dad has gone to meet with twighlight, but he never takes me. Says I'm too young to enjoy it." We started to walk as we talked. We talked about what the castle might be like, my new bag, and what what we were learning today. I made it a point to end the conversation when Silver Spoon entered the room. I sat down next to sweetie bell, who seemed a bit mad at me.

" I see you have a new friend."

" yea," I sounded a bit apologetic, "I'm sorry we haven't hung out in a while. I can't really hang out this weekend, but how are you for next week?"

"Look Scootaloo," she was angry now, "you need to remember who your real friends are."

"Sweetie Bell that's enough!" Apple bloom seemed to have appeared behind us out of thin air. "Look Scootaloo, I'm glad your makeing new friends, but please don't forget about us? Okay?"

"And I swear to Celestia, the first time you make fun of us," Sweetiebell was tired. She got this way when she was tired.

"Would I ever make fun of you Sweetiebell?" I smiled and gave her a hug. She sighed and hugged me back.

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm just a bit jellious." Sweetiebell broke up the hug, getting out some paper and a pen.

"I am too if I'm being honest." Applebloom looked down a bit ashaimed.

"Awwww guys.... look. How about on Monday we have a sleep over at Sweetiebell's place? We always have a good time doing that!" I felt like I had abandoned my friends. I was cursing myself in my head at the time. I knew we needed a day together.

"No diamond Tiara right?" Apple bloom seemed to be reading my mind.

"I promise!"

"Okay... it's a date." We all sighed and sat back. See, friendship problems were easier to handle than Twighlight made them out to be.

As class started, I got into my new bag and got out some pens. I was super happy that I could say that. My bag. It wasn't much, but it was mine. I looked inside and found Rainbow had left a bagged a lunch, but that would come later. I felt like a real filly... it felt weird.






I hadn't payed attention that day. Things had been moveing fast and it was freaking me out. I needed a break. I had thought it over and decided that after the week end, I was spending the week at my rock. I loved Fluttershy and Rainbow dash, but I needed a break from all of this kid stuff. Yes I was young, but I was old enough to survive on my own. I needed to prove that to myself again. I'm sure they would understand, but for now, I'm heading to Bill's for a snack. I sat with him at his stand and ate some cheese. I told him about my day and my decision.

"Well that is quite a judgement call you're makeing. You have the thing you have wanted since you were a foal with-in reach. Something I wished I could have gave you." Bill had wanted adopt me since he had first met me, but didn't have the money.

"Bill, you know there is no way you could afford another child. Still, you have done everything you can for me and then some. I appriciate it more than you know."

"Are you sure you want to take this break? What if your throwing it away?" He avoided the conversation. This was normal. He was a modest and humble pony and never enjoyed prais.

"If they give me up that easy, then they had never planned on being family." The thought made me sad, and start to doubt my decision. Bill was right. If they had plans on adopting me, I was being handed almost everything I could ever want. Am I throwing that away?

"Hey, here comes ya girlfriend. She seemed peeved." I look over to see Tia storming over here with some papers in her mouth. She seemed angry, so I was guessing she got our report cards. I just rolled my eyes and got ready for an earful.

"D's all the way across the board!? What in Celestias name do you do in class!?" She took the paper and slammed it to my chest. Actually awaiting an answer.

"The homework for the previous night." I took the paper in my hoof and saw they were all D's accept for history, witch was an A. "Sorry, I was trying to spell Daddy, but Y isn't a grade." I snored to myself and she only got more mad.

I after saying goodbye to bill who told me "women right?" I walked behind Diamond Tiara who first led me to her place.

"Um... so wipe your feet when you come in... and try to act Rich." I looked at her for a second, then I closed my eyes, pointed my nose up, stiffedned my legs, then tightened my buttcheeks. When Tia saw this, she couldn't stop herself from laughing. "Spot on! Absolutely spot on!" We trotted into her house.

Her father didn't look pleased. He had a paddle in his hoof and an empty bottle of cider next to him. "How low are your grades this time?" He didn't sound drunk, but I had a feeling he was trying his best just to sit up right.

"All A's Daddy!" My poor Tia had a voice riddled with fear.

"Oh? High A's?"

"N-no daddy."

"I BET THERE IS A B IN THERE TOO!?" She could only whine and cower, but she stepped infront of me, protecting me from anything he would do. I started to get mad, but I tried holding my toung. I knew it wasn't my place. "I get you all these fancy tuters, I buy you books, what Else is it going to take for you to get GOOD GRADES!? Do you know what grades I got in school?"

"Grades are pretty easy to get," that filter between my brain and my mouth had holes in it again, so without thinking I said, "when you bribe your teachers."

He looked at me, astonished that I had the guts to say that. Diamond Tiara started pleading for me. "Sorry daddy, she didn't mean it! Please don't-"

"SHUT UP!" She was inturrupted by him. "Okay... maybe I bribed my teachers a bit. But you do what you have to to keep up with the competition. My daughter wants to be a princess when she is older," this made her blush, "do you know the kind of grades Celestia had to get?"

"Actually Celestia didn't go to school." Again, no filter. "She was hood in 1783. Back then fillies and colts would work on farms with their families because they were needed at home more than they were needed at school."

Out of nowhere, a knock tapped on the door and agitated Filthy rich. "Who else did you invite over? Because we love visitors in our house!?" However, when he opened the door, he was faced with none other than Celestia herself.

"Oh, if I would have known," she began, "I would have waited out here."

Author's Note:

Sorry guys :( changing semesters means more work for me. And less time for writeing. As I mentioned in a journal, I am getting a really good editor, who I have plenty of confidence in. It's hard being your own editor. Any way, now we have little Tia and big Tia under the same roof! Wonder why she is here? And Luna is going to hate staying up so early I'm sure. But she will manage. Hope you all enjoyed!