• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,486 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,486

PreviousChapters Next
To Fix

ബഐബഐബഐ Twilight ബഐബഐബഐ

I sighed as Rarity left. She had a lot of work to do to prepare for her winter fashion line and could not spend anymore time trying to help me with the spell. Not like there was much she do... It just wasn't her area of expertise. I glared at the book in annoyance. "Tzirüstele Atülāja?"

I wasn't too surprised when nothing happened. Maybe I should get some of my calming tea before I commit bookicide. It wasn't even lunch and I was already stressed out almost as bad as lesson zero...

I had barely made it into the kitchen when a huge crash came from the library. I groaned knowing that there could only be one reason for that. Rainbow Dash had used one of my windows as a door... I would invest in enchanted windows but I'm concern that it would end up hurting Rainbow Dash more then shattered glass. I still have no idea how with how many times she has done that she hasn't gotten seriously cut.

I walked into the library to see that it had been Rainbow Dash. She had managed to knock out nearly every book of the shelves in the library. Why of all days today?! This means I wouldn't get any time to work on the journal.

"Rainbow..."

"Twilight... the ponies..." Rainbow Dash gasped out in clear panic. "They... they..."

"Calm down Rainbow Dash, take a few breaths and then tell me what is going on." I coached even as I fought myself to keep my own panic down. If Rainbow Dash was panicking it was bad.

Rainbow Dash didn't get a chance before Rarity burst into the library, also in a panic. I didn't think white fur could pale as much as her did. This was bad.

I moved around the shaking Rarity and took a look outside. Everything seemed normal until I noticed that something weird about the ponies walking about. What is wrong with everypony?! Those were the creepiest smiles I had ever seen and why does everypony have the same mane style?! It was then that I saw that everypony had the same cutiemark, an equal sign. "What the...!?"

"I know smiles and these aren't smiles." Pinkie frowned as she did her usual popped out of nowhere to insert herself into the middle of a conversation. Normally that would be annoying but it this cause it was good. It meant one less pony affected by whatever was going on.

It was then that I saw Applejack and Fluttershy galloping up to us. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that both of them appeared to be normal. At least that meant we could use the Elements... maybe... they had stopped being reliable every since we released Discord months ago...

Fluttershy eeped as Pinkie Pie pulled her flank towards her and examined her cutiemark. "This one is clean!"

"Pinkie Pie..." I groaned. I was about to scold her when I could hear the sounds of drums. I looked around as the residents of Ponyville started to sing a marching song.

Life is a smile in Ponyville
Our cutiemark's the same
Because we do not separate
Ourselves by more than name

Life is a joy in Ponyville
We're all equal here
No one is superior
And no one shakes in fear

There's just too many differences
That lead to disarray
But when you learn to act as one
It's like a holiday

In Ponyville, in Ponyville
We don't complicate
When you learn to simplify
Life is oh, so great

Join in our utopia
Come out of the dark
Banded by equality
By our cutie mark!

It took me a few seconds for me to fully registered what I had just heard. The entire town had song a heartsong. A heartsong!

"That is the creepiest heartsong ever..." Pinkie Pie growled out.

"Ain't that the understatement of the day." Applejack commented.

I nodded in agreement. This is so bad and I can't even contact either Princess to let them know what was going on! Of course how can I even explain to them that I had somehow brainwashed Ponyville, again!

"This is all my fault!" I wailed as I began to pace. "I shouldn't have tried to cast that spell!"

"Its not your fault Twilight there was no way you..." Rarity tried to comfort me.

"Maybe the Elements would restore the ponies of Ponyville..." My voice fled when I saw something that shook me to my very core. The Elements had gone dark! How?! Even when Discord had messed with our minds the Elements where never affected... the spell! It had to be the spell! But how?! Nothing in the phrasing of the spell indicated that the Elements were going to also be effected and how could they even be effected in this way!? Even when we had been 'discorded' they never went inert!

I quickly pulled out the book again and quickly went to the page that had the spell to reread it again just to be sure. From one to another, another to one. A mark of one is singled out alone, fulfilled. A spell had to rhyme and this one didn't...Wait... if I took out the word fulfilled then it would rhyme! But why would Starswirl have such a vile spell in his book? Obviously it was a failure, but it's dangerous...

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I cried slamming my head on the table. I fell for an old trick! A vile one at that. I think the only reason that us girls weren't affect was because of the Elements... which had gone dark...

"Twi...?" Applejack questioned, worriedly.

"I can't believe I fell for it!" I exclaimed, facehooving. "It's an old trick to punish thieves..."

"Okay..." Rainbow Dash grumbled at being lost, "How do we reverse it?"

"I'm not sure..." I would have said try the Elements but they had lost all there color and had become completely inert.

Was this the cost that H.K. alluded to? "But be warned, the cost may more then you may be able to bear..." No! I refuse to believe that the cost would be this! Clearly he meant that I, not everypony around me, would bare the cost... whatever it was...

Suddenly H.K.'s voice echoed in my mind. "The mistake you made is equating harmony for order..." My eyes went wide when I realized that what I was seeing with Ponyville was order... forced harmony... agreeing required free will... true harmony was different ponies coming together... then it hit me. Starswirl had hidden a spell within a spell within a fake spell! One that required me to write a response to the first half! With a flourish I wrote after the first part of the spell. "From different marks together, together in harmony. With harmony, there is magic without end."

At that the Elements began to glow brightly much to my relief even though I had done nothing to activate them. But as nothing bad seemed to be occurring I just closed my eyes to the ever strengthening light and waited. I had to have the faith that all would be well. When I opened them I found myself in a familiar surroundings, a void filled with stars.

This looks like the dream realm... Was that all that that the spell does?! All that for this how can being able to enter dreams going to help us? The ponies of Ponyville were brainwashed not suffering from bad dreams!

“Well it seems you have managed to figure out the spell.” I spun around to see H.K. smiling down at me. "Welcome Bearer of Tzirüstele Atülāja to the Astral Plane."

Author's Note:

TAKE THAT STARLIGHT GLIMMER! Worst. villain. ever... actually she was meh it was mainly this line I LOATHE: "I don't know why my friends and I are so important to Equestria." Really? REALLY Twilight!?!? Nightmare Moon, Tirek, Discord twice and then the quasi times with Sombra, and Starlight the first time.

PreviousChapters Next