• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,482 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,482

PreviousChapters Next
The Untrusting

ബഐബഐബഐ Spike ബഐബഐബഐ

"Come young dragon." Said H.K. as he walked past me and through the destroyed door that we had earlier come through.

"Where are we going?" I rushed to follow me after a moments hesitation. I'm still not really sure about this guy and even more so after what just happened. I mean why was so worried about H.K. a moment ago? "And what makes you think I will go with you?"

"We are heading to the Crystal Empire to hopefully rescue Twilight."

"After what you just nearly did in there you think I will rescue her myself." I angrily retorted. "I mean I was angry when Princess Celestia barred me from following Twi and the girls to the Crystal Empire but not enough to nearly kill her!"

"It was mainly for show..." H.K. shrugged as we walked down the hall.

"Mainly for show!?" I repeated out loud before I raised my arms in exasperation. "Mainly for SHOW!? You tried to behead her with a flying... sword, weapon thingy...."

"Scythe." H.K. helpfully supplied the name of the weapon, not that I really cared for the name of the weapon. "And trust me, if I wanted her dead she'd be dead with my opening move... most likely..."

"Whatever." I snarked at H.K.'s excuse. I will have to find out what exactly happened in the throne room later. I had a more important problem on my hands to deal with. "And I don't trust you. I will save Twilight without you. I'm sure I can get Princess Luna to help or somepony else. Any pony but you."

"Unlikely. It took Oathbreaker and Luna all of their might just seal him away and judging from the amount of dark magic I can sense Sombra is at least as powerful if not more then he was when he was sealed."

"Then I'll take the Elements." I countered. I was not going to have him come along if I can avoid it. The only reason I was following him was the easiest way to get to the Empire was for me to take the train and he just happened to be going in that direction. "They took care of Nightmare Moon and Discord easier why not this Sombra character?"

"You could but what if you are caught before you can find the Bearers?"

"I will fight." I puffed up my chest with pride but inwardly I didn't believe I could. I had dreams of being a knight but those were just that dreams... I knew I was a weakling. The Dragon Migration proved that.

"O, really, young dragon? Tell me this then, when was the last time you used your claws?" H.K. stopped and lifted one of my hands up, much to my chagrin, spreading my claws out. "I'd say never given how dull but manicured they are. Good for digging up gems in soil, but in a fight? Not so much."

"Wait!" Princess Luna called just as we were about to leave the castle. Amazingly none of the guards tried to stop us or even acknowledge us much to my surprise. The commotion in the throne room wasn't exactly quiet. Maybe word got out or something to leave us alone or something. The way Princess Luna and Princess Celestia talked and acted they knew H.K. very well.

"Yes, Bringer of the Night?" H.K. answered not even slowing down.

"Are you sure that you must take Spike to the Empire?"

"Tell me," This time H.K. stopped and turned to face Princess Luna, "did Oathbreaker tell you that she sent them there without the Elements?"

"What!?" Princess Luna went wide eyed. "Why would she do that.... unless... I mean if I recall right she does have a tenancy to make multiple contingency plans... She was always better at chess than I... Maybe she feared that if Twilight failed that the Elements could be used as a back up. "

"That would work except for one tiny detail." H.K. rubbed his hidden forehead. I think. Stupid enchanted hoodie even if it was a bit cool, too. Not that I would ever admit that outloud. "It takes time for them to find new bearers and in that time... well let's just say I doubt Sombra would not wait long for revenge. Once he his done with the Empire I can assure you he will quickly set his sights on Equestria. Equestria was responsible for his banishment afterall."

"Well can't you wield them?"

"No, I can't not, not anymore..." H.K. sighed. "I would die before I can even get one shot off..."

From there an uncomfortable silence fell over us. I started to dance on my feat as it dragged on. It dragged for so long that when Luna finally broke the silence with a sigh I nearly jumped out of my scales.

"I take it there is no way to persuade against having Spike come with you?"

"No." H.K. and I spoke as one. I leered at H.K. right afterwords. He was not coming with me.

"No, he is not coming with me." I stated with finality. My confidence in my statement, however, instantly evaporated when both H.K. and Princess Luna, well more Princess Luna then H.K, stared down at me.

"Young dragon, a word." Princess Luna said as she stepped over to the side of the hall. "There is something I need to let you know about H.K...."

"What's there to know? He's a jerk." I grumbled loudly not caring that H.K. could hear.

"You need to trust him."

"Really Princess Luna?" I facepalmed. "You are going to trust the fate of my friends and the Crystal Empire to him!?"

"Regardless of your opinion of him I could think of no one else besides my sister that I would have at my back in battle besides him. Please, just for now, trust him."

"Fine. Are we done?" I asked crossing my arms in irritation as Princess Luna failed to answer right way. "Princess Luna, are we done?"

"Yes young dragon." Princess Luna finally answered.

"Come, we have a train to catch." H.K. gestured for me to follow. Which I did after a moment of starring down Princess Luna to let her know my displeasure over this.

"Wouldn't it be faster to take a royal sky carriage since you are so chummy with the Princesses?" I gestured towards the sky port which was in the opposite direction of the trains.

"That might tip off Sombra..." H.K. shook his head. "Besides, I need time to fully recover, and if we are going to take on the master of shadow crystal magic we need to be at full strength."

"Fine." I sighed.

We were silent as we walked through Canterlot. I was too annoyed to really say anything and H.K., well I don't care why he was quiet, and really I would be glad if he never talked again right now. Thankfully the crowds were low so we made very good time to the train station. It was clear that we were expected as there was only one train with a single carriage attached guarded by an attachment of thestrals from the lunar guard.Odd... I thought why is the lunar guard here and not the day guard?

"Sir," One of the thestral guards ran up to us and saluted, "the train is ready to go on your command."

"Yes, I understand." H.K. acknowledged as he walked into the carriage. "I'll let you know when we are ready."

"What are we waiting for?" I grumbled in annoyance as I followed H.K. inside. "The sooner we leave the sooner we can rescue the girls. And the sooner I rid myself of you..."

"I am aware." H.K. answered as he peered outside the window, and from the looks of it looking for somepony, "but we need one more person to come..."

"Who?"

"Well, if the winds have been favorable and he moves as fast as he is supposed to then he should be here any moment..."

"Yes, but, WHO!?" I swear if he starts up the whole thing that Owlowiscious does...

My internal rant and rising anger was interrupted by the sound of banging and the carriage swaying a bit. What could have caused that?!

"Ah, right on time..."

I snarled as I suppressed the urge to cry out a third time. Must. not. ask. who. again. I looked around to see if could see whom this person was. I then I saw the shadow of something quite large fiddling with the knob at the back of the carriage. It didn't appear to be a pony, a minotaur maybe. Who ever it was I just hope he or she was less infuriatingly cryptic than H.K.

"Garble!?" I yelped in shock as the teenaged dragon stepped into the train carriage.

PreviousChapters Next