• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,486 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,486

PreviousChapters Next
The Fight

ബഐബഐബഐ Spike ബഐബഐബഐ

"Wait!?" I exclaimed in shock. "You know my brother!?"

"Yes," Discord visibly brighten, glowing lightly. "He came to see me while I was imprisoned from time to time. Would turn those rats with wings into all sorts of things... Serves them right! Pooping all..."

What he said after that I didn't catch as I collapsed to the ground crying. I had figured that with Oathbreaker causing a war I would never find out who my remaining family was... I even feared that they would be killed or worse that I would be forced to...

"Discord..." I whispered, "Do... Do you know who he is, and where I can find him?"

"Young dragon, are you telling me you don't know who your brother is!?"

"No..." I admitted after a moment. For a split second there I wasn't sure I truly wanted to know, given that they let Oathbreaker manipulate them into giving me away. No family would do that unless... they considered me worthless. Maybe they thought I was tainted somehow by my hatching...

"Well, unless he recently changed it he has been going by H.K."

"What?!" Garble yelled in shock his gaze rapidly switching between Discord and myself.

I, on the other hand, blinked for a second before I bent over in full blown laughter. I really should have seen this coming from the Spirit of Chaos. He just could not help but tease with the answer before pulling the rug out. There was no way H.K. could be my brother. To begin with, he is pony, no matter how many times Garble insists he is dragon. Secondly, even if H.K. was my brother neither him or Oathbreaker said anything about us be brothers. Considering they were apparently in charge of the treaty they surely would know who my family was so that I could be 'returned...'

Garble looked at me with concern as my laughter turned bitter. Life just would not cut me a break... and it only has gotten worse as time has gone by...

"I should have known..." I frowned at Discord. "You just can't help it, can you? You tell me exactly what I want to know just so that you can get a laugh when you take it away."

"But it's the truth!" Discord grumbled.

"Yeah, riiiight," I scoffed. "and Applejack is secretly a changeling queen!"

"Look, Spike..." Discord sighed, turning to the side. Figures... he can't even be bothered to face me. "I suppose can't make you believe that I am telling the truth, no matter what I do...or say... Probably will think I am lying in the end... especially considering my past transgressions... But what ever you decide about me in the end I will respect."

Those words... I glared at him. They're just like H.K.s! First he makes a clearly false claim about who H.K is and now he mocks him by talking like him!? Does his cruelty know no end? I may have not trusted him when he was alive but without his sacrifice the Crystal Empire may have fallen and my friends may have been enslaved or killed!

"How dare you!"

"Hmm?" Discord tilted his head like he didn't understand me.

"How dare you mock him!" I roared, lunging at him. I'll teach this creature a lesson.

Discord was caught off guard by my lunge and tumbled backwards and hit the ground hard. I give him a chance to recover as I pressed my attack. And unlike with H.K., whom I merely use my fists and quite weakly too, I used every I had at Discord will all my strength, my claws, dull as they were, tail, teeth and even my fire. Soon all I could smell was his fur burning from my flame, only taste the iron in his blood as it splattered back at me, and only hear the sickening crack of his bones... And yet, Discord, never once did anything at all, never moved, never defended himself. It only made me more angry.

"Fight back!" I bellowed at Discord as he remained still even as I knocked out one of his teeth.

"No."

"Then at least defend your self!" I growled out, slashing his lion's arm particularly deep.

"No."

"Argh!!!" I roared jumping up onto Discord's chest. I lifted my hand high then brought them as fast as I could down towards Discord's neck. I'll teach him to be so infuriating!

As Discord had during the whole one sided fight he made no move to protect himself as my claws rushed towards him. I knew he knew where I was aiming and that if he didn't do something he would probably die. Come on, damn you! Move! Defend yourself! Teleport away! DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

With a growl of frustration I stopped my claws merely hair's length from Discord's neck. "No..." I whispered out. As infuriating and as big of a jerk that Discord is he did not deserve death.

"Wow." Discord grunted in pain as he slowly and painfully sat up, putting pressure on the deep cut on his lion arm. "For a librarian's assistant you sure can be quite vicious in a fight."

"Considering he's a dragon and I have been training him I'm not surprised." Garble smirked.

Why is Garble and Discord praising me!? Is it because I am becoming like them? Cruel jerks? As I looked down as my bloodied claws I began to shake uncontrollably. My claws may still dull as it would take time to length and sharpen, but even then I easily drew blood. If I had slashed hard and fast enough like I almost did to Discord... I would be worse then H.K. when he tortured Garble! To think I had accused H.K. of torturing Garble over something so minute and I was about to kill for...

What have I done!? What is wrong with me!?

"I... I... need to go..." I backed away a few steps before turning and running with all my might. I had to get out of here.

"Wait, Spike!" I could hear Garble call out to me but still I ran.

PreviousChapters Next