• Published 8th Jan 2017
  • 1,484 Views, 125 Comments

A Bridge Between Brothers - Rammy



Spike knows nothing of being a dragon and doesn't want to but when family he didn't know he had comes to Ponyville he might just find the true meaning of being a dragon anyway.

  • ...
26
 125
 1,484

PreviousChapters Next
The Worm

ബഐബഐബഐ ??? ബഐബഐബഐ

I watch as a lone phoenix soared in the sky above the chain of volcanoes and barren rocky land the comprised the Dragon Lands. It was a place that most ponies would call a desolate and dangerous. But to me it was home of sorts. With a caw of excitement the phoenix quickly dived down and lightly lightly landed on my shoulders.

"Ah, Soots you have returned!" I smiled as Soots rubbed against my hood affectionately. "I take it then that he has read my letter?"

Soots nodded and cooed an affirmative.

"Good." I turned and walked into the darkness of the cave behind me. After many years of waiting the time had come. Time to see my brother...


A growl issued from me as I walked into the main cavern that served as my home. I could not see my servant anywhere in sight and I use that term lightly. It was bad enough that I have to take care of an insolent dishonorable brat but I have to do so while also returning to the land of my birth. Such a waste...

Soots, sensing my I ire decided to fly off to his perch to eat and get some rest. He knew what was about to go down and he was as usual not in the mood to witness it. He understood my ways but that did not mean he wanted to be around when the 'less then pleasant aspects' reared up.

I sighed in irritation when I finally came acrossed the scarred red and orange dragon formally known as Garble sleeping fitfully on a small pile of straw that was his bed in the hallway just outside the 'study'. He knew the rules no sleeping without permission.

"Get up worm." I roughly kicked the sleeping dragon.

Garble merely whimpered before curling even tighter. I then kicked Garble even harder causing him to wake up with a pained roar.

"What did I tell you worm about sleeping without permission?" I hissed.

"To not too." Garble ground out angrily not willing to meet me eye to eye. He was still acting like a prideful dragon and not the dishonored worm that he was. I wish he would learn his lesson a bit faster as I have better things to be doing then beat him to a pulp. He had better things then getting a beating.

"And what else do you say worm?"

"Dragons don't apologize." Garble spat out.

"You are correct dragons do not apologize its a sign of weakness but you are not a dragon," I stepped forward and even though Garble could not my the face under my enchanted cloak I could tell he could feel the fury emanating from the one he was to only call master. "Are you worm?"

Garble gulped as shrunk back in terror. He had already been on the receiving end of my fury several times already and if he was not careful he could lose more then his pride and freedom. He could lose his head.

"Sorry for sleeping... m-master." Garble gulped out an apology.

"Good. Now get packing we are leaving."

"Where are we going... Master?" Garble dared to question much to my chagrin. At least he remembered the master part.

"Equestria."

"E-Equestria!" Garble sputtered out in shock rushing to catch up to me as I headed to the lab. "But Master why would we go to where those namby-pamby...Erk."

Garble's complaint was cut short as I slammed him into the cave wall. He weakly tried to struggle against the purple and green swirling magic that I had wrapped around his neck cutting off his air. I may not like the ponies all that much but they are not to be insulted in that matter. Especially after the stunt he pulled with Spike.

"Finish your you sentence I dare you." I whispered my threat as I leaned in increasing the pressure on his throat to the point that he was unable to get any oxygen.

Just before he passed out I dropped him. He sputtered and coughed as he struggled to get his breath back rubbing his neck to try and deal with the soreness. It seems I'm going to have to rebreak him again along the way. Which means walking instead of the way I would have preferred.

I grunted indifferently motioning for Garble to follow before heading down the hall. Thankfully Garble made no further protest as he slowly followed close behind.

Author's Note:

Edited to first person

PreviousChapters Next