• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,807 Views, 79 Comments

DayP - Thunder Seethe

  • ...
2
 79
 1,807

Ch.6 "Hit 'Em Right Between The Eye"

DayP

Vasili took a few quick glances out of the window, in search of the sniper who shot him a few days back. The glass of the window was slightly cracked, and blurred from the heavy rain. It was useless looking for the sniper. The fog was rolled in, and limited their sight to no more than thirty meters. This being said, the sniper must have a thermal or IR (Infra-Red) optic. Thunder roared in the distance, loud enough to cover the sound of a sniper taking shots. Hell, it could easily be mistaken as a rocket; given the rocket hadn't combusted into a blazing death.

Vasili paced in the small room furnished by a small dining table with three wooden chairs. The wood on the chairs were cheap, and you could practically see splinters waiting to appear. The nails hammered on the sides were beginning to rust, and could be easily pried off and used as a melee weapon. The table had a single cloth which featured a dark blue border, with a white center filled with a checkerboard of blue spots.

A small coffee table sat across that featured a drawer with a metal handle, and a painting which hung above it. The chair was the same as the chairs accompanying the dining table, but was oddly placed on the side; placed so you wouldn't be in front of the drawer connected to the desk. Being that the room was so small, it was probably to prevent anyone from bumping into each other. Though it would have made a bit more sense to turn the coffee table to have the drawer face the chair, but it wasn't there house.

The painting was faded, but you could make out a tree that resided near an ocean scenery. Not much could be said about the painting.

Rainbow Dash sat in a corner; traumatized on the fact that she nearly died. Her eyes were wide, and her mouth hung as if she wanted to say something, but any words waiting to be spoken were escaping her. She realized what she was doing, and shook her head, and glanced out the window.

Vasili muttered something as he continued to pace around the dining table which translated something close to, "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit..."

Rainbow Dash opened her mouth to actually speak this time, but was cut off when Vasili started. "Well fuck me with my mother's cane. The snipers got us pinned here with a damned thermal or some shit. We're stuck here until he decides to actually get out of the rain. Fuck!" Vasili said, he genuinely sounded like a scared Russian.

"I..." Rainbow Dash started. "I can get my friends. We can go up to the mountain, and have Twilight spot living things with that spell of hers. Maybe then, we could talk the sniper into -"

"Talk?" Vasili interjected. He stopped pacing around the table and edged closer to Dash with a menacing tone. Dash started to shiver in fear. Vasili saw what he was doing, and felt somewhat sorry for the pony, so he backed off. "Look. If it's one thing I know about snipers, bandits, or rogues, it's that they would use that advantage of any innocents. If they get into the position where an innocent walks up to them for reasoning, they would either shoot you, or if you're lucky, they'd just mug you and leave you for dead." Vasili said with a cold breath. He crouched about eye level to the window, and looked outside. "They are not one for reaso-" Another roar of thunder came from the distance as the storm neared the city. As if on cue, the window Vasili was looking out of shred into pieces as a bullet made its home in his brain.

His mouth dropped as he stayed still. Rainbow Dash was staring at him mouth agape when she saw blood oozing out and dripping on the floor. Vasili fell to his side, and lay emotionless; dead.

She turned away from the corpse and moved closer to the edge of the wall, hopefully out of sight from the sniper. He was a good shot.

Rainbow's head started to fill with thoughts for Vasili. Has he had a family to look out for? What was he doing here? How do I escape? At that thought, her head swiftly looked left and right, looking for other doors to escape. She saw one door near the coffee table, dangerously close to the windows, but if she crawled, maybe she could try the door.

Puddles started to form in the room, both mixed with water that leaked through the broken window, with a few shards just hanging out of its frame, and the blood from Vasili's corpse. It started to make a dark pink color, and began staining the dark wooden floor.

Locked.

She tried the back door near the entrance, and that too was locked. She was trapped in the small house with a broken window, cool breezes, a dead body, and only one way out. She could attempt a daring escape, but that would risk her getting shot. However, she didn't have any food or water, and didn't have the stomach to loot whatever Vasili had. It also didn't feel right to her. She just held her nose as the body began taking the scent of a dead corpse.

+++

She had made up her mind. Since it would be some time before the storm is over, she decided to take her chances.

She crept up to the door with no plan except dodge bullets, and get to the building where her friends were staying. She peaked out the door, beginning to shiver from the cool air, spiking her coat that the rain passed. She started to tear up as she remembered how Vasili was killed mid-sentence, and how she might be like him in a matter of minutes.

Forgetting those thoughts, she wiped her tears off and took flight towards the factory.

Rat-tat-tat

A different gun was firing off towards Rainbow as she flew in the storm. It was firing at a significantly faster rate than the other, and was directed towards her. Not only was it faster, it sounded much closer making her an easier target.

She dodged the bullets with much ease, and was left unscathed. She had no doubt that the thing shooting at her was the same thing that shot Vasili. She had to fight all of the urges she was getting to buck the person in the jaw, then where it hurts most. Still, even if she had, there would still be his weapons, and she wanted to get as far away from that danger as possible. Besides, reporting this to Twilight would definitely be a priority.

You know, the first person they met and seemed friendly just got shot.

+++

A few seconds of dodging bullets later, Rainbow Dash found herself back in the building, panting, tearing, and hyperventilating. She tried to speak, but she only stuttered and stammered. "Vasi- De-dead. Sho-shoo... coming!" She started stomping all four hooves on the concrete flooring multiple times, and had anypony not known any better, it would have looked like she was dancing.

The shooter was near, and was probably bringing a nice amount of Zeds with him. Even more a reason why to hurry.

The others didn't question Rainbow Dash, as they rarely saw her afraid. Her middle name used to be Danger. Rainbow Daring Dash, and for the most part, she was fearless most of the time. From Twilight's point of view, they were in an alien land that was in its own apocalypse and whatever made Rainbow scared enough to stutter and cry, it must be something to be afraid of.

The others thought the same, but in different tones of voice. They gathered their saddlebags, and quickly started a full sprint towards - wherever this road was going to take them; away from the city, and its coast. As they edged further away from the hellish city, they could hear multiple gunshots. Then a short pause, followed by screams of agony and pain.