• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,807 Views, 79 Comments

DayP - Thunder Seethe

  • ...
2
 79
 1,807

Ch.1 Urgent!

DayP

A normal day in Ponyville. Rainbow Dash clearing clouds, Rarity tending to a needy client, Fluttershy caring for her many animals, Pinkie planning new parties, Applejack working the farm, and Twilight studying-

"Spike!" Twilight called from her bedroom upstairs. "I'm heading to Canterlot in a few days. The princess said that it was something urgent."

"Yea... so what's the big deal?" Spike yelled back from downstairs, unamused of the current events.

"The big deal is that I'm going to be gone for a few days, and I was wondering if you'd like to come with me!" Twilight retorted.

"No thanks. While you're gone, I'll eat all the ice cream out of the tub." Spike stated honestly.

At least he's being honest. He probably didn't learn his lesson back at the Canterlot library in the Starswirl the Bearded wing. Well, perhaps this is one of those moments that you need to learn from repetitive experience, and not other ponies advice. Twilight thought.

She continued going through her packing as she pondered of what her mentor needed to tell her upfront. It surely must be important if she can't tell Twilight through a letter.

She ignored her pending thoughts, and continued to do what mattered most; finding Spike a stomach ache relief spell.

"What do I need..." Twilight muttered to herself. "I'll take some books, some paper, one bottle of ink... make that two, and three quills."

Once all of her supplies were tucked tight in her suit case, she proceeded downstairs and towards the door. Spike was sitting next to the lightly colored staircase, lapping on his one of many tubs of Ruby Flavored Ice Cream.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" Twilight asked with puppy eyes.

Spike just sighed and retorted the same answer Twilight had expected, "No."

Twilight let out a soft grunt as she left the library, and closed the door shut behind her with magic. Waiting outside was none other than Pinkie Pie. Random as usual, it freaked Twilight out as she naturally screamed and made a one-eighty U-Turn back to the library, where she was reunited with the recently closed door.

Twilight rubbed her head as she muttered something inaudible. Once she realized what happened, she quickly got up to greet Pinkie.

"Oh, sorry Pinkie. I didn't know you were coming! Hehe..." Twilight said as she continued rubbing her head.

"Sorry I scared you Twilight, but I heard you were going to Canterlot soon - I was also wondering if you wanted to try out my new recipe for a cupcake! It's also Gummy's birthday tomorrow - OH! I almost forgot to mention that -"

"Pinkie!" Twilight interjected.

"Sorry, what happened?" Pinkie asked, clearly clueless of what happened.

"Well, you started talking about me going to Canterlot soon... then you sorta trailed off." Twilight explained.

"Oh, right! I was wondering if I could tag along!" Pinkie said with a large grin on her face.

"Sorry... the princess wanted me to come first. If I believe that it's a good idea - or whatever, then you, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Rarity, and Applejack will be included. Don't worry, I'll figure this out soon enough."

"Well, don't let me keep you! I'll be on my way, see ya' later Twilight!" Pinkie said as she was about to speed off into one direction.

With that, Twilight began trotting towards Ponyville's train station to take on her adventure to Canterlot. She passed Sugar Cube Corner, and saw Pinkie walking in, not showing any signs of exhaustion from her previous blur. Above, Rainbow Dash was sleeping on a cloud which stood out in the clear sky. If it hadn't been for her tail hanging off the cloud, she would be practically invisible to any Unicorn, or Earth pony.

Twilight, wanting to avoid any distractions which can cause her to miss her train, she decided not to stop by and say goodbye. She was already running late after the little chat with Pinkie.

She trotted quietly under the cloud and passed it.

"Hey Twi." Dash called from her cloud, clearly aware of her presence.

Startled, Twilight jumped a bit. It was the last thing she expected from Rainbow; not sleeping on a cloud. She knew that Dash wasn't a lazy pegasus; if anything, she was the most active of all the pegasi. Though when she gets a cloud, she's sleeping within minutes.

Almost forgetting to respond, Twilight spat something out. "The triangle is a octaploid!"

"What?" Rainbow responded, unsure of what the hay Twilight meant by, octaploid.

"Oh, uh... nothing. "Twilight blushed, as she tilted her head towards the ground feeling stupid after blurting out octaploid.

What was she even thinking of? A nonexistent word, blurted out by Twilight? Rainbow thought, but quickly shook it off her mind.

"So uh, where you going?" Rainbow asked from her cloud.

"To Canterlot. The princess had something urgent for me, and I don't really wanna keep her waiting..." Twilight said impatiently.

"Well, I guess I shouldn't keep you here. See you later Twilight." Rainbow said as she yawned once more before falling into deep slumber.

Twilight did as she was told, and made haste to the train station. She really hates to be tardy! Other ponies would call out, "Hello Twilight!" but she would ignore them, and continue to make way to the station.

Without any further interruptions, Twilight made it there just in time to board the train to Canterlot.

It's been a while since she's gone; approximately four months after the wedding, how much could change? Twilight thought. She pondered the changes, and soon enough, in her far sight was the Canterlot castle. Most of the buildings that were damaged from the Changeling attacks were restored, and the Castle looked good as new. As for any new buildings, from what she could see; there weren't any.

She then thought about the princess. Why would she invite only me, and not any other pony for the urgent meeting? She thought about natural disasters pending to happen, but thought of it to be too absurd to leave any weather pony out of it. It must be something big. The hydra posed a threat to Canterlot? No...

Twilight then began thinking aloud. "Perhaps, the Griffon's are posing a war, and I'm being invited to discuss war efforts and propaganda! ... No... that wouldn't make sense, we've already made peace with them. Hmm..." Twilight said going in deep thought.

Ponies began staring at her, like she was from a psychedelic hospital, blabbering nonsense. Which, she was.

It was no longer than five more minutes when they reached Canterlot; home of the fancy, and rich ponies. The walls along the mountain side were tall and sturdy, any damage from the Changelings were patched, everything looked normal, and the people looked the same as well. Twilight looked happily as her smile drew obviously across her face.

She quickly jumped out of the cart, almost forgetting to bring her suit case filled with writing and studying materials. Once out of the cart, she made her way to the castle, where the princess awaited for her presence.

She walked past ponies in all sorts of dresses, and tuxedos, though none of them were themed for a special occasion that she was aware of. It wasn't a long walk from the station to the castle, but Twilight still felt the need to rush. After all, for a princess to say; urgent, and invite one particular pony to the meeting seems like a good thing to be there early.

Of course, Twilight was always early, and never late.


Once in the castle, she was greeted with two guards; one unicorn, and one pegasus, both well equipped with armor.

"Hey, uh... the princess asked to see me... she said it was urgent." Twilight said with a smile. The two guards looked at each other, and shook their heads.

"Oh come on! The princess said it's urgent, and I need to go now!" Twilight said furiously. She tried to get across, but was stopped by the guards.

"Hmph..." Twilight grunted, trying to figure out a way in.

"Do you have a note?" The guard on the left said. Twilight flinched when she realized that she left the note at the library.

"Uh, no?" She smiled sheepishly.

"Then you can't enter." Said the guard on the right.

"Please, if you get the princess, I can assure you that she-"

"No means no." Both guards said, interjecting Twilight's statement.

Twilight sighed in defeat, and began to walk away, until a familiar voice made her stop midway.

"Twily!" A stallion voice called.

Twilight knew well enough who that was, and she could never be any happier for his impeccable timing. "BBBFF!" Twilight yelled happily.

Both ponies ran to each other and hugged. "So, Twilight. Why so down?" Shining Armor asked with concern.

"Well, the princess asked me, and only me, to come to the castle to discuss an urgent matter... but I forgot the note she sent me at the library, and I'm not allowed in the castle." Twilight said truthfully.

"Hmm... let me see what I can do about that." Shining Armor said as he walked to the other guards who began to cower in fear when they realized their mistake.

Twilight could hear some commotion, and a few whimpering, but the conversation was left inaudible. She just watched from a distance as her big brother gave the guards a little lesson, and a few minutes later, he was back.

"Okay, sorry about that misunderstanding. Better hurry, you don't want to keep the princess waiting!" Shining Armor said, motioning her to go on in.

Twilight gave her big brother one last hug, and entered the building while smiling at the guards who were now shaking. Now that she made it in the castle, all she needed to do was find her mentor.