• Published 14th Jul 2012
  • 1,807 Views, 79 Comments

DayP - Thunder Seethe

  • ...
2
 79
 1,807

Ch.2 Mission

DayP

"Hi Princess!" Twilight greeted casually.

The room was large, it contained stained glass windows, all different designs and color schemes. There were a few tables with pink table cloth, and a black and white checkerboard floor. The walls were made of solid marble walls, and the ceiling portrayed ancient Canterlot, when the castle was in its build.

"Hello Twilight, please take a seat. This explanation may take a while, and ask questions after." Celestia said seriously. Twilight followed the instructions made by her mentor, and took a seat.

"First off, you may choose whether or not you want to go on this mission. It's really dangerous, and I cannot promise any smooth sailing." Celestia warned. "It's dark, scary, and inhabited with bandits and horrifying creatures - which will be covered later. The island is named; Chernarus, and it is in chaos."

"Discord was freed?" Twilight assumed.

"No, Discord is still in his stone prison in the garden. I'm sure we don't need to worry about him very much." Celestia said with certainty.

"So, if it's not Discord causing chaos... who is?"

"Well, nopony really... We don't exactly have much information at the moment. I do know that it's dangerous, and those living there have to worry each day about survival. That's not all. They can't trust anyone, they kill each other just for one meal. Those in numbers will use it to their advantage and kill the survivors for the fun of it, and act like they were doing nothing wrong. Every part of harmony that once existed in that world, has been destroyed and replaced with havoc." Celestia said.

"Kill?" Twilight asked, the word made her spine shiver.

The Princess nodded, then continued, "From my understandings and current knowledge, they name themselves Bandits, or Rogues. Probably for what they do to other people."

"People?" Twilight asked.

"Yes. Sorry for that confusion. People, person, human. They are a species, and some are mutated after death, and somehow resurrect themselves. They become what the humans call; Zeds."

"Zeds?"

"Basically zombies. They feast off of the livings flesh." They both shivered at the last statement.

"Zombies... did they find a cure?" Twilight asked.

"No... Twilight, are you ready for a mission - should you choose to accept it?"

"Yes, but I'm not so sure." Twilight said as she pondered of what she was really meant to do in a world like that, or for a world like that.

"It's okay Twilight, you don't need to go."

Twilight made herself curious after the short time of trying to imagine the future. "I said I wasn't sure, so please tell me." Twilight said as she looked up to her mentor.

"Well, your mission is as it is. You and your friends; with their consent, go to that world and try to restore harmony, with all of its traits. To the least, restore some of it in a secured area, and help form a small civilization. You and your friends of all ponies should know what it would look like, but only go if every one of your friends agree and accept. After all, you and your friends are their only hope." Celestia added, hoping that Twilight would accept the mission.

"I'll make sure to ask them by the time I get back Princess." Twilight said with an unsure gesture, and a forced smile. She knew that this wouldn't be handled very well, especially with spike having problems with zombie ponies. She couldn't imagine what the others reactions would be like if she were to tell them that zombies were real; or at least Zeds. Perhaps it's not that she couldn't, its just that she wouldn't.

"Thank you Twilight. Here, take these." The Princess said while handing over a two rocks. One had a small cottage symbol, and the other had a whirlpool design. Rarity may want to adopt one of these patterns.

"What are these?" Twilight asked.

"Those are runes. The rune with the cottage symbol represents home in Equestria, while the rune with the whirlpool symbol represents Chenarus. They may only be used once, and these are the only runes in existence, so use them cautiously. The type of magic used to create them have been abandoned many years back, so there will be no duplications, unfortunately. Before I forget, you use the runes by smashing them into the ground."

"Alright, thank you once again Princess." Twilight said while bowing as she backed out of the room. Twilight placed the two runes carefully inside of the brief case which contained her writing materials.

Once she was out of the room completely, she made her way to the old library that she and Spike used to live in. While on the way, she tried to make out events of how she would bring this up to her friends. She rehearsed them in her mind, looking for the right words that seemed to evade her mind. She began getting a headache, and started working on the task at hand; How am I going to explain everything to all my friends... along with details.

So she thought of what she did best; writing letters.

She thought of an appropriate way to start it off, and how to end it. She already knew what to write, it was just the matter of conjuring up some duplicates for everypony else. So, she started.

Dear Friends,

Recently I have gone to Canterlot to discuss an important matter at hoof with the Princess. I just didn't expect it to be this bad. There is this place called Chernarus, in another universe. The sentient beings there are of a different species called Humans, and a mutated form called Zeds. Zeds are basically like zombie ponies... except not ponies. They are the zombified version of humans, and they have the exact same characteristics as we have to describe zombies. They feast on the livings flesh... and/or brains.

The Princess has asked me to go on a mission - well... all of us to go on a mission to restore harmony in a place where it no longer exists. If you want to come, then please tell me when I return to Ponyville in two days. If you don't decide to come, well... I'm sorry but I'll end up going anyways, against the Princess's desire. She said to restore a civilization as well, and even though most of the harmony won't be there... a civilization could still have a chance.

Your Faithful Friend,
Twilight Sparkle