• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 1,526 Views, 30 Comments

Red Heart Checkout: Autobiography Of A Disturbed Patient - ShadowSteed



A patient from Ponyville Hospital tells his story

  • ...
0
 30
 1,526

Doubting Love

My entire stomach was in knots.. I was slouched over in excruciating pain, yet I thought nothing of it at the time. I was sure I just ate the pancakes a bit too fast & it decided to start backfiring on me. I hated to waste a good meal but I had no choice. I slouched over to the trash bin on the side of my bed & proceeded to think of the nastiest thought that could come to my head. The most obvious one was the body of the nurse with it's eyeball hanging by a slimy pink thread from it's socket, flesh tore & mutilated, blood coming our of every available corner, and worst of all, the exposed organs from the slit-open torso that gave off a horrendous odor. It was unbearable. All these thoughts in my head and I felt no urge to regurgitate. Something was terribly wrong!

I reached over for the button labeled "Nurse" to call for help, but the pain in my stomach was sickening. It restricted me, but I fought through it with all I had and pressed the button. Immediately it started flashing red and whithin moments, I heard fast hoofsteps coming down the hallway. Nurse Redheart nearly broke the door off it's hinges with the was she slammed her way into the room. Her face was pale with concern for me as she raced towards my side to check on me. She immediately checked my face, my pulse, my mouth, ect. until another doctor came in to check on me.

"What's the status Redheart?" Said the doctor.

Nurse Redheart turned around to look at the nurse. "He appears to have ingested a moderate amount of ponycillin doctor"

I suddenly started turning pale and fell back onto my pillow. I felt so sick.

"Ponycillin?!?" Said the doctor, "How in Equestria.."

"NO TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT!" Nurse Redheart interrupted, "We need to get him poison treatment, STAT!"

The other doctor nodded his head and ran out the door to get medicine. Nurse Redheart looked back at me with a sly smirk on her face as she walked towards me. She put her head next to mine and rubbed my stomach as she said, "Ohhhhh poor baby. It's so sad. Today was supposed to be your release day, but you seem to still have need of me." She chuckled.

Within moments, the doctor returned with medicine and a bucket. My vision was starting to fade the doctor ran to my side and shoved the bottle of medicine in my mouth. Within a second, my stomach felt worse than it did before! I felt as if I was going to cough up my very heart. Suddenly I felt something going up my throat, Nurse Redheart gave me the bucket and I regurgitated the contents of my stomach in it. I felt a huge relief, but at the same time I felt like I could just die right where i lay. When I finally finished puking, the doctor used magic to take the bucket from my grasp.

"Do you feel better?" The doctor asked me.

I couldn't respond. I was well, but I was whoozy. I feel back onto my pillow and nearly lost consciousness. Nurse Redheart looked at me concerningly, than looked at the doctor.

"He is in no condition to leave today doctor." Nurse Redheart said, "We'll need to keep him here at least another week or two."

"Hmm... You may be right. I'll go re-schedule his release date."

With that, the doctor walked out the room. Nurse Redheart walked up to me one last time and said, "I told you you would like the pancakes. My "special ingredient" seemed to work wonders."

I could barely hear the words she said, but I could make out "pancakes" and "my secret ingredient" I assumed she was talking about the blueberries. I admit they were delicious. I thought maybe I was allergic to blueberries and never knew about it. Nurse Redheart gave me a soft kiss on the cheek and said "Get well soon okay honey?" I just nodded my head as she walked out the door. I laid back in deep thought. How did ponycillin enter my body? Could it have been in the air? Was it in the bandages? Could it have possibly even been in the pancakes? Would Nurse Redheart ever intentionally poison me? What purpose could she possibly have? She didn't seem very concerned about me though. She barged into the room to check on me than she was just very casual. Maybe she thought it was no big deal. Either way, I was very grateful she was my first response and that she care about me. I can honestly say that I would have done the same for her. I drifted off to sleep in peace to rest my stomach.

I woke up several hours later. The ponycillin incident never left my thoughts. I wanted to know the full extent of the issue and how long I was to stay. In an effort to not disturb anypony, and to keep it confidential, I got out of bed and walked my way to the doctor's office. When I got there, there was nopony at the desk. At first, I started to turn around and try again later, but than I thought it could be written down somewhere on his desk. So I walked over to the side of his desk to see if I was correct.

I suddenly felt a lump under my hoof, staggered, and fell on my face. I immediately turned around to see what had interrupted my path. What I saw was a body laying in a small pool of blood. Bloodied, battered, and bruised all around with a puncture wound in the back of it's skull. I was horrified, but remembering my mistake from last time, I turned toe body around to see it's face. It was the doctor from earlier. His eyes were rolled in the back of his head, his tongue was ripped out of the mouth, an he had another puncture wound in his left cheek. My mouth flew agape with fearful astonishment. I immediately ran from the room and back to my bed. This time, I hid under my bed, now convinced somepony in the hospital was a serial killer. This was the second victim taken and slaughtered. I was afraid I was next.

Suddenly, I heard a loud shriek from outside the room, followed by Nurse Redheart's voice. She said, "SOMEPONY HELP, WE HAVE A DOCTOR DOWN! HE'S DEAD!"

Nurse Redheart was so caring, so reassuring. It was hard to believe she could harm anypony, but I was now skeptical of everypony in this hospital including her, but not as much as everypony else.

I pray to Celestia Nurse Redheart was safe.