• Published 11th Jul 2012
  • 1,526 Views, 30 Comments

Red Heart Checkout: Autobiography Of A Disturbed Patient - ShadowSteed



A patient from Ponyville Hospital tells his story

  • ...
0
 30
 1,526

Pancakes

The sun had finally risen in the sky. I did not see it though. I did not dare come out from under my blankets. The image of that night still haunted my every thought. I trembled at the very though of the various scenarios playing through my head. What if it wasn't an illusion? What if I saw that nurse again today alive and well? How would I explain THAT?

Even worse...

What if that nurse wasn't dead when I saw her? What if she was just unable to call out to me in her time of need? Oh.... My heart trembles with unfathomable guilt at the very thought of it. I should have looked back, I should have at least tried to help. I will never forgive myself for that. How could I have been such a coward? I'm very ashamed.

Before more thoughts could fill my head, the door clicked and opened. I jolted a bot and pulled my blankets closer to my body. I dared not come out from under them for fear that that nurse was still alive, for fear that it was all a dream. Or even worse, that the nurse had come back to haunt me. I wasn't prepared for any of it, not even for the worst. I closed my eyes and hoped to Celestia it went away.

Suddenly, I heard something slowly walking in my direction. I started to sweat, my heart was rapidly beating as the steps moved closer and closer. I trembled with unwanted anticipation as my entire body curled up together. The warmth of my own skin was comforting in such a way it kept me sane if not calm. The hoof steps stopped when it had reached the very edge of my bed. My body curled up tighter and tighter together. I was sure it was the nurse. She had come back to lay waste to me, to get revenge for not helping her when she most needed me. I closed my eyes and waited for her next more. Celestia knows I deserve whatever she throws at me.

A few torturous moments passed, but there was no damage done. No harm had come to me, no threats were made, no words were spoken. It was complete and deathly silence. I still trembled, thinking she was just toying with me. Making me suffer until I became calm enough to let my guard down. I wasn't about to let that happen; I stayed in my fetal position prepared for whatever came my way.

What came my way, I was not prepared for at all.

A word was finally spoken, but the voice was not the voice of the nurse. It was much softer, my more welcoming, it said "Honey?" My heart leaped into my throat as I realized there was only one mare with a voice that benevolent. I peeked outside the edge of my blanket to see a white body standing before my bed. I looked up to see the rest of the image and I could not be happier with the sight before my very eyes. It was none other than Nurse Redheart next to a cart that held a plate with a pile of soft served pancakes drenched in rich brown maple syrup and a tall glass of orange juice. I looked at Nurse Redheart with a great big smile on my face. It was greatly reassuring to see such a beautiful sight before me. Any thoughts of the other nurse had been completely pushed from my head.

Nurse Redheart looked at me with great concern "Honey? Are you feeling alright? You look like you havent slept at all."

She was right. I was a mess. My mane was sticking out in every direction, my eyes had shadows as dark as Princess Luna's mane under them, and my eyes were bloodshot.

"Well, I might have had a little nightmare last night."

"Ohhhh you poor poor thing. Here, let me try and make it better."

Nurse Redheart grabbed a fork next to the plate and tore off a big chunk of the pancakes from the pile.

"Open wide" She told me.

I closed my mouth and open my mouth. I suddenly felt the pancakes touch the edge of my lips. My mouth watered at the very smell of the meal as it entered my nostrils. The pancakes slipped in my mouth with ease. I closed my mouth when it was all inside and took my first bite. My eyes opened wide as flavor erupted in my mouth! My entire mouth lit up with such a euphoria. I havent eaten something this wonderful since the apple from before my incident. I could tell nearly all the ingredients involved. I tasted apples, cinnamon, a variety of small berries, and it even had a gold honey filling. It was truly a wonder to behold. Yet there was another flavor I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was sweet, yet had a bitter aftertaste. The other flavors quickly put out the bitter taste though and I continued to enjoy the rich taste of this wonderful breakfast.

Nurse Redheart could clearly see I enjoyed the pancakes, but she asked anyway, "How are they? I made them myself."

I couldn't speak. The pancakes' flavor took out any words that came to my head.

Nurse Redheart put on a big smile as she fed me the rest of the pancakes. Each one better than the next. It was magnificent. When I was done, Nurse Redheart came up to me and asked me again how they were. This time I answered:

"They were..... They were....."

There were no words to describe them. I had never tasted anything like them before. Nurse Redheart moved her face closer to mine. I suddenly got nervous, my smile started to fade as she got too close for comfort.

She suddenly said, "Than this will be even better."

She put her hoof abound my head and planted her lips upon mine. My heart skipped a few beats and my eyes opened wide as I felt her warm mouth touch mine. They were soft, as soft as the pancakes, maybe softer. My eyes closed and I put my hooves on her face. The kiss grew passionate within moments. Our tongues dances with each other as Nurse Redheart let out silent moans.

She was right. This beat flavorful pancakes any day.

The kiss was soon released and I stared into her elegant light blue eyes and smiled. That was truly an event I could get used to. Nurse Redheart gave me a warm smile and began to exit the room.

"Now get some rest dear." Nurse Redheart said, "You'll need it."

She gave me a seductive wink and walked towards the door, nonchalantly swaying her flank side to side and taking one last look at my blushing face before closing the door. My heart fluttered as I fell back onto my pillow. This was, perhaps, the single greatest moment of my life. I was the luckiest stallion alive for sure. I easily drifted off to sleep after a few moments and enjoyed every second of it.

Little did I know "Get some rest" did not have a light meaning to it. I felt very strange.