• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 729 Views, 26 Comments

Shadow of the Crusaders - Spore Harvest



A supposedly evil overlord is killed in the past. Now that he has re-awoken, he finds himself stuck inside a piece of his armor in the future where all of humanity is dead. Follow him as he tries to rebuild his former empire with the help of the CMC.

  • ...
2
 26
 729

Scroll 8 "sweet dreams 2 the sequel"

"And that is how you play hot potato." It was a beautiful afternoon and we were at the park playing a couple of monster games.

Then Scoots said "So let me get this straight, hot potato is a game where you pretend the ball is literally a hot potato so you pass it to the nearest player and try to pass it around as long as possible."

"Pretty much yeah. You should've seen the games that we play at the empire. Those usually consist of at least fifty children. That is when the game becomes total chaos. It's pretty fun then. So shall we play."

"Yeah." They all said in unison. And with that said we started to play. It was quite the interesting game but after about half an hour we got two visitors. They were two earth ponies the first one had a faded pink coat and a purple mane with a white line going through it. She was also wearing a blue skirt with a white blouse and a dark blue jacket. To top it all of she was also wearing a tiara. The second one had a grey coat with a silver mane. She was wearing a pair of jeans, a blue shirt and black jacket.

"Hello Sweetie belle, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom." That certainly got our attention and when we looked we found our other friends Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Hello guys wana join?" Asked Scootaloo.

"Uhm yeah sure, but what are you playing." They both asked.

"We are playing hot potato it's a new game we came up with, since You want to play, so lets tell you the rules." We did and after we did we played and played until the sun went down and when that happened we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

***

"Man Mike did you see that pass that Silver did, I mean I didn't now she could kick that hard." I Said.

"Well she is an earth pony so I'm not to surprised, so can we read a little of the bestiary so that I can see what kind of trouble exists in this future."

"Speaking of the future how are you taking this?"

"Well it is a little bit to take in, but I don't let it get to me I usually try to live in the present because when you lived for as long as I have, you start to live in the present."

"Well as long as you're okay and yeah of course we can read it. I am curious as to what creatures exists besides timber wolves and hydras."

"Wait wait did you say timber wolves." I nodded . "God damn it Fang, how did you go berserk? Man I hope we can snap you out of tit I really do."

"Uhm Mike care to fill me in on who Fang is. Is he your friend or...?"

"Oh yeah you don't know him. I sometimes forget that."

"Again uhm you've been alive for like two days. I don't even know your last name. so how could you forget that?" I asked completely befuddled.

"I just did okay. Back on topic Fang was a ware wolf who had magical power over plant matter he was one of my armies general. He was also a pretty good friend of mine."

After I finally digested that whole story I asked "We are going after him aren't we?"

"Yes we are but before I can do that I need to get you all into shape so I'm going to go to the dreamscape now while you eat and prepare yourself for bed. See you in a couple of hours." And then he turned into smoke and disappeared into my mark once again.

"Man I'm really not looking forward to this night. Well we promised him we are going to help him so that is exactly what we are going to do." With that said I went to Sweet apple acres to get myself ready for bed.

***

When I got to the house I noticed that there was a big box in front of the house and there was Big Mac trying to get it inside. So I went up to him to ask what he was doing.

"Good evening Big Mac, What are you doing?"

"Oh hello there Apple Bloom' I'm just bringing grannies new rocking chair inside. Speaking off, can you help me out."

"Sure why not." With that said I went to one side of the box and picked it up while Big Mac was at the other. With me helping we quickly got the box inside and into the living room.

"Good evening young whippersnapper, how did your day go?" She asked in an inquisitive tone.

"Oh you should have been there me and my friends were playing a new game that we made up and it was very fun. The game was called hot potato."

"Wow that sounds like a great game you'll have to show me the game later. Now could you go down to the basement and get me my tool box while I unpack the parts."

"Okay I'm already on it." I did as I said and I was already at the door to the basement. With that I went down there and searched for the tool box after a minute of searching I found it and then I brought it to Big Mac.

"Ah thank you Apple Bloom you want to help me put it together."

"Of course I've got nothing better to do. So how can I help?"

After a second of thinking he said "Could you read me the instructions so that I don't make any mistakes."

"Sure." With that I picked up the instructions and went on to reading it out loud.

After about one hour we finally finished putting the chair together and carried the old one out and then we settled down for dinner. That went down without incident and when I finished I went to get ready for bed.

"Man I can't wait to go to the dreamscape. This is going to be fun." And with that I went to sleep.

***Dreamscape***

When I opened my eyes I was met with a very peculiar site. i was laying in a grass plain next to a lake, but that wasn't the weird part, the weird part was the huge castle of in the distance. Next to the castle I noticed that there was a huge outside gym with a race track surrounding it. And then I heard a familiar voice.

"Welcome AB to casa de Mike and I know what you are going to ask so I'm going to say it out right your friends are not here yet. So while we wait..." Then he materialized a table with four chairs. on the table there was a plate full of biscuits and next to it was a tea pot. "Lets have a little tea party. What do you say?"

"Okay, but can I ask what flavor is the tea."

"Bloom didn't I already explain to you the rules of this place. The tea can be any flavor you want. For all I care you can turn it into ice cream just enjoy Yourself, because as far as I know there are not that many people out there that have a friend that can send them to the dreamscape so again enjoy." When he finished talking he poured me my drink. When I looked inside I found it to be filled with water so I decided to change it to my favorite tea flavor ever. Blueberry mix.

"Well I know this place gives me almost unlimited power, but you can understand why I forget."

"Yes I understand." Then he took a sip of his tea. "So how quickly can you summon your gauntlet by now."

"Eh I can do it pretty quick almost on reflex, but I still need to train with it a bit."

"Good Bloom we will work on that and on your strength today. Now lets wait for your friends to arrive." With that said we went back to our tea party to wait for my friends to arrive. while we were waiting we were making some casual conversation mostly asking him about his kingdom and how it worked, but then we heard a slight pop and lo and behold Sweetie appeared right on the chair to my left.

"A good night Sweetie how is your night going." After Sweetie finally snapped out of her stopper she asked.

"Uhm where am I? Is this the dreamscape that you mentioned Apple Bloom?"

"Yes this is the dreamscape, do you want some tea?"

"Of course." And with that he pored her her glass of boiled water. After some time of looking she asked. "Where's the tea?" Since I didn't want to listen to that explanation again I just decided to spawn in some tea. "What the? Where did this come from?"

"Look Sweetie I'm going to make this quick. In this realm we can do basically anything you can think of. There is just one rule You can not mess with each others creations. Oh yeah and before I forget if you are spawning something in make sure you place it into the room.

"So we basically have god mode enabled in here?"

"Yup pretty much." Said Mike. "So go nuts." And after that we heard another pop and in came Scootaloo, right on the chair to my right holding a rubber chicken for some reason.

"Uhh why am I holding a rubber chicken?"

"Hey where did you find Chica? I've been searching for her for a long time. Well now I have the complete Fazbear collection." After that he took the rubber chicken away and added it to a box next to three other plushies. One was a purple bunny, wearing a bow tie, another was fox dressed as a pirate and the third one was a brown bear wearing a top hat. After that he added the chicken to the box and it turned into another plushie. It was a yellow chicken wearing a bib which said let's eat.

"Uhm, why do you have a box full of stuffed animals?"

"Well my little crusader friends these plushies are going to be your teachers. So do you want to meet them?"

Then I said "Sure, right after I explain the rules of this place to Scootaloo."

"Okay, then when you finish explaining everything to her, come to the training ground where you are going to meet your new teachers." And with that the tea set, table and the chairs disappeared along with him.

***

After I finally finished explaining everything to Scootaloo, we made our way to the training ground. When we finally arrived at the training ground we saw mike behind the four plushies and then he said "Okay crusaders time to meet your teachers." Then some smoke started to come out of the plushies and after that four different robots were standing in their place. They looked exactly as their smaller counter parts only they were allot more metallic. If you want a visual they looked something like this.

Yeah they looked like that but then the bear spoke. "Hello crusaders my name is Freddy Fazbear and these are my friends Bonnie." He pointed to the purple rabbit. "Chica." He pointed to the yellow chicken. "And here we have Foxy." After that the rest of them said hi in unison. After that Mike poked his head over them and he said.

"So crusaders what do you think of your new teachers." He had a shit eating grin on his face after that Scootaloo decided to speak up.

"They look awesome. So what is our first lesson?" Then foxy decided to speak up.

"Ah I like this lass, well first we are going to do some warm ups and then my friend Bonnie is going to take over. So lets begin by doing ten laps on the running track." And then he sped off. With that prompt we all ran off after him to do those ten laps.

After we finished the ten laps we were in different states of exhaustion. With me and Scootaloo basically being okay, but Sweetie was completely exhausted. "okay yea lasses now I will give the captains hat off to Bonnie." And then they switched places.

"Okay then little ones now we are going to split you up. Sweetie you are with Chica on long ranged training. Scootaloo you are with Freddy on aerial combat. And you Apple Bloom are with me on fist to fist combat. now go to your respected teachers and train." Then Scootaloo raised her hand.

"Uhm Bonnie I can't fly." But then Mike said.

"Oh yeah Scoots I can fix that for you. The only thing that you need to do is wish for it."

"Oh yeah we have wishes, wait you can really do that for me." Then Mike nodded.

"I can but for now it will only work in the dreamscape, but when we get our first piece of armour, then you will be able to fly in real life as well."

"Okay then Mike I wish for my wings to grow out."

"Your wish is my command." Then he snapped his fingers and some kind of smoke surrounded Scootaloo and when it disappeared there stood Scootaloo with her wings looking allot bigger and draconic. "Here you go, enjoy."

After she took a good look at her wings. First her face looked like it was in shock, but after that her face split into the biggest smile I have ever seen. Then she spread her wings and shoot straight into the sky.

"Okay then students now that that is over and done with lets go to your respective teachers and lets get to training." Said mike. And then we vent to our teachers. Lets first start with mine training.

"Okay then Apple Bloom. First summon in your gauntlet." Since I could now do this on reflex it didn't take long for me to summon it. "Good then now that you have that down pat lets start with some simple judo moves and after that we are going to spar."

"Um okay then." And with that said we did that for the rest of the night to say that I was bad would be an understatement, but Bonnie said that I am getting better. Next we are going to move on to Scootaloos training. Her training basically consisted of following Freddie and lifting rocks and as for Sweetie. She and Chica were basically shooting at moving targets and that is how our night continued for the next four hours.

After that we met up back at the center of the training course. Then Mike asked our teachers. "So what are your thoughts on the training."

Bonnie said. "Well Apple Bloom has got some work to do, But I think she is going to be fully trained in about a month."

Then Chica said "Sweeties magic and endurance are going to need some work, but i think that if I push her I can get her ready in about the same time."

then Freddie said "The new wings that you gave her, well she needs to get used to them, but other then that she is going to be ready in the same amount of time."

"Well that is definitely good news, you girls are going to be ready in about a month. Okay then gang you can go inside the castle, I still have to talk to them about one last thing." Said Mike.

"Okay boss man see you tomorrow." And then our teachers disappeared.

"Okay girls now that you see what you are going to be doing when do you think you are going to be ready to head out to collect the first piece?"

"Well Mike since we have school why don't we go to Canterlot at the weekend to quickly collect the piece and then come back before anyone notices were gone. It shouldn't be that hard." Said Sweetie.

Then I said "I agree with Sweetie on this. How about you Scootaloo?"

"I don't see any problem with going at the weekend so why not."

"Okay then we're going to Canterlot at the weekend. With that planned out, now enjoy the rest of your separate dreams." Then Mike, Sweetie and Scootaloo disappeared and I was left alone to do as I wished.

"Now lets go on that roller coaster." And that is how I spent the rest of the night.

Author's Note:

Credits for the teachers goes to DrawKill since I don't own this picture. In the next part we are going to Canterlot and we are finally going to get this story under way. As usual if you enjoyed this story like, comment and share this with your friends.

See you in the next scroll.