• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 729 Views, 26 Comments

Shadow of the Crusaders - Spore Harvest



A supposedly evil overlord is killed in the past. Now that he has re-awoken, he finds himself stuck inside a piece of his armor in the future where all of humanity is dead. Follow him as he tries to rebuild his former empire with the help of the CMC.

  • ...
2
 26
 729

Scroll 10 "the aftermath"

"The sun was rising and our little heroes are currently still sleeping and Mike was bored out of his mind because they don't want to wake up" I heard Mike say. It definitely woke me up, but I made sure to voice my annoyance with a groan.

"Uh mike could you shut up. I'm trying to sleep here." I said in a sleepy tone.

"No can do Scootaloo. Sweetie and AB are already up and besides don't you want to test your new wings." That made me think and I decided to get up.

"Okay I'm up." I said, but then I heard a click and some giggling. "What? Why are you laughing?" They didn't stop it then I decided to go to the bathroom and check myself. When I did I couldn't help, but laugh as well. I looked like a clown and if the click that I heard was anything to go by they also took a picture. "Ha ha guys, real funny I'm going to get you back for this!" With that said I washed the make up off and returned back to Sweeties room. When I got in I was met with a most curious scene, it was of my friends all huddling around a picture. Then I went over to them and looked at the picture and I couldn't help but fall on my back and lough. Yeah most people think that I can't take a joke, but I can if it's all in good fun. After that we heard the door open and Rarity stepped inside.

"Girls keep it down. Especially you Sweetie, you know I need my beauty sleep. Now keep it down or go outside." With that she closed the door and probably went back to her room to go to sleep. Then Sweetie said.

"Okay then guys lets go outside and test Scootaloos new wings." That made me exited. I almost forgot what we did yesterday and then a thought struck me.

"Hey do you think that we are going to be on the news today for what we did yesterday." Then Mike said.

"Yeah we might be." Then he posed for a minute. "Who wants to watch the news say I." With that we all said I and made our way downstairs. When we got down Sweetie turned on the TV and we sat around to watch it.

"Today on the news yesterday night there was a robbery at the museum of magical artifacts. They say that a powerful chest plate was stolen by three teens no less. One of them was an earth pony, the other one was a unicorn and the last one was a pegasus. The way that they pulled of the heist is through magic that has been said to be long forgotten. If you don't believe me then check out this security tape that we got from the royal guard." With that it cut to a tape that was filming the chest plate. At first nothing much happened only guards walking around, but then they moved off screen and then we appeared. Then all the events from last night played out me putting on the chest plate, Sweetie and Apple Bloom protecting me and all of us blasting out of the sewers. Then the they returned back to the news cast. "Guards say if any of you see these individuals then you should contact the nearest guard station and report them immediately." Then our pictures appeared in the top right hand corner with bounties underneath. Thankfully it said only alive but that still made us think. "With that lets go to the weather." Then Sweetie turned off the TV. Then I said.

"Wow we have bounties and we are wanted. Mike is this normal and why did they say we stole something from a museum?" Then Mike sat down and thought for a moment.

"Hmm it seams someone doesn't like us that much, because that chest plate was nowhere near the museum." Mike said.

"Wait, why do they want us captured?" Asked Apple Bloom.

"I don't know why they want us captured, but if I would to hazard a guess then I think they want to stop me from returning... I think we are going to wait for at least a month before we go after the next piece. Now that who ever knows I'm returning, well have to plan this out allot better then before and to plan better you are all going to have to be at your best. Now with that said you go and get dressed while I prepare breakfast." Then Sweetie said.

"But you can't touch anything how are you going to do that?" Then Mike smiled.

"Well with the chest plate back I can make myself tangible, but only one part at a time. The more of my armour we collect the stronger you and by extension I become. Now go get dressed and I'll prepare breakfast." With that he walked off to the kitchen and started on breakfast while we walked upstairs and got dressed.

***meanwhile in Canterlot castle***

In a shadowy chamber a lone pony was sitting in his throne and he was not happy. He was currently waiting for one of his spies and right when he was about to call him, he appeared before him.

"May we unite as one under the rule of our king. Good morning my king. I'm sorry that you have been waiting for me, but Shining wouldn't let me go. Now as for your request I'm sad to inform that the armour was taken." That seemed to have angered the king.

"Black Fire you need to bring this news to me sooner. As for the armour it seems that the lich king is returning right as the old fart prophesied. This is going to be very annoying if he is able to gather all of the pieces. Then all of the monsters of the Farelight empire are going to become one of our allies and it's bad enough that we are already allied with the griffins and dragons." The aforementioned Black Fire is a black coated unicorn stallion who had a dark grey mane and had red eyes. "Black Fire make sure that you find the lich king and make sure that you kill him for good this time."

"As you command my king." With that said Black Fire disappeared.

"Well even if you did return lich king, I will stop you and I will use your armour to take over the world even if it's the last thing I do. Now with that done I need to go and make my daily appearance in court." With that said he got up from his throne got dressed and left the room. "I will get rid of those unruly monsters if it's the last thing I do."

***Ponywille Sweeties house***

"Ah choo. Oh someone's talking about me." Said Mike while working on some eggs. Then we all entered the kitchen and we smelled the air.

"Mmm. What is that beautiful smell?" Asked Sweetie.

"Oh this? This is something that I had for breakfast back in the day. It's fried eggs with mushrooms cheese and its spiced with origano. Take a seat it will be done in a minute." With that we all took our seats and waited for Mike to finish breakfast. After a couple of minutes Mike gave us our breakfasts and we started to eat. It was freaking delicious.

"Man these are the best eggs that I ever had." I said. That was also met with nods from my friends.

"Well thank you all. I'll make sure to cook for you if I can." Said Mike. Then Sweetie asked.

"So after breakfast what are we going to do today."

"Oh I think we can figure something out." Then he snapped his fingers. "Perhaps we can go to a secluded place in White tail woods and practice your magic. What do you think?" After some time of thinking it over Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah we can do that and since Scootaloo got an armour piece I need to teach her how to summon her armour and weapon."

"Well then that settles it then after breakfast we go to White tail woods to practice." With that said we returned to our separate meals.

***

After breakfast and after telling Rarity where we are going, we left the boutique and made our way towards White tail. On our way through town we heard allot of conversations talking about the robbery at Canterlot. Mostly just speculations of who the teens might be, but thankfully no one was even close. So with that we quickly went towards the forest. After about five minutes of us walking through the forest we finally found a spot where we can train in piece. It was a semi large clearing which was about fifteen meters away from the path. When we arrived at the center Mike said.

"Okay then girls get into your disguises we don't want anyone to see who you are. Then you two go practice over there while I train Sweetie, okay." With that we all put on our disguises and went to our separate sections.

"Okay then Scootaloo lets start by summoning in your armour. First clear your mind and then picture your armour appearing over your body." Putting words to action I cleared my mind and pictured my armour appearing and it did. It was black with orange and dark purple details. That same motive was also extended to my wings. They turned to their draconic style and were cowered by the armour as well. After I finished my check up I heard Apple Bloom say. "Good job Scoots now that you have your armour we are going to work on your weapon. I'm going to ask Mike about what it should be. Hey Mike you got a minute." With that Mike stepped towards us and asked.

"What do you need me for?"

"We need your opinion on what weapon Scootaloo should use. So what do you suggest?" After some time of thinking he said.

"Well shes a pegasus and therefore has an aerial advantage so something quick and deadly." After some more thinking he said to me. "Hey Scoots why don't you try a longbow. Its very powerful and if trained very deadly try it." With that said he went back to Sweetie.

"Okay then lets try a long bow." With that said I pictured a longbow and quiver in my mind. After a couple of seconds it finally appeared in my hand and on back. After checking it was again made of the same material as my armour and coloured in the same way. "So how does it look?" After some time of her checking it out she summoned in her hammer and said.

"Okay then lets see if we can put your bow to god use." With that she struck the ground and four different targets appeared. "Hit the targets in quick succession and we are going to be repeating this until you're good at it." With that she went away and I was left to try this exercise. With that I pulled the first arrow aligned my shot and released then I quickly pulled another and did the same and then one more time. Every target was struck, but not in the center. "How did you?"

"Well it looks like that year of bow training didn't go to waste after all, but I'm a little rusty. I definitely need to train with this." I said.

"Good job Scootaloo. After a night of training you are truly going to become a master. Well I think..." And then we heard a loud crash and then a roar from nearby.

"What was that?" Asked Sweetie.

"That crusaders is a berserk monster so you better get ready to fight." With that we heard a crash and then a monster got to the clearing. Then I said.

"Holy shit."

Author's Note:

Here's another chapter. Allot of things happened in it. I introduced to you the villain of the story and I left you on a cliffhanger. I hope you can forgive me for that. With that said I hope to see you in the next scroll.