• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 729 Views, 26 Comments

Shadow of the Crusaders - Spore Harvest



A supposedly evil overlord is killed in the past. Now that he has re-awoken, he finds himself stuck inside a piece of his armor in the future where all of humanity is dead. Follow him as he tries to rebuild his former empire with the help of the CMC.

  • ...
2
 26
 729

Scroll 7 "planing time"

"Okay here we are the Ponywille library/castle." Said Apple Bloom. And what a big castle it. First it was made of a crystall like material that could surely withstand a couple of goo hits from a cyclops. Then came its shape it looked like a fucking tree. It had the whole shebang the trunk the branches and I swear I can see some leaves.

"Well it's definitely big, but this castle has a huge flaw which anybody could exploit."

"And that is?" Asked Sweetie in a inquisitive tone.

"The branches look extremely destructible. I mean one well placed cannon shot could break off an entire branch of this castle. It looks like, but when it comes to a battle it's going to get destroyed."

"Wait, you are a king aren't you? So you probably have your own castle. What does it look like?"

"My castle eh well for one it is made of a special material which was designed by my skeleton scientists and imps. It is a special concrete looking material which has the density of crystal and it is also enchanted so that it can regenerate i it is necessary. As for the shape it looks like your typical castle. It has a courtyard around. Four look out towers and a big central building. I probably have a mental image that I can show you. I just have to find it."

"No you don't have to. We get the picture."

"Okay then I wont show you. Ah, who am I kidding I'm going to show you anyway. Give me a moment." And with that he disappeared back into my mark.

"Well that gives us about half an hour to finish our homework. So lets get started."And with that we went inside of the castle.

When we entered. We found the castle to be pretty empty. You could literally hear a pin drop, but then we heard a voice.

"Hello who's there?" And out came Spike. He was a purple scaled baby dragon with green spikes. He was also wearing a pair of sneakers, a black jacket with a white shirt underneath. "Ah, hello girls what are you doing here, if you are searching for Twilight, she isn't here at the moment."

"Don't worry Spike we are only here to do some research for our history assignment."

"Well okay then what do you need?"

"Well we need a bestiary, an atlas and a general history book."

"Okay. I think we have those books. Follow me." And we did so. This castle/library was pretty big, so it was no surprise that we followed Spike like a shadow. After some time we finally arrived at the main library. We sat down at a table and waited for Spike to return with our books.

"Okay guys here you go a bestiary, an atlas and a general history book. Well if you need to borrow them just make sure to tell me."

"Of course Spike we'll make sure to tell you if we borrow them." Said sweetie while she was opening her school bag. After that he left the room to leave us to our thing.

***

After about two hours we were almost done with our homework, but then Mike appeared.

"Hiya kids How's it going."

"Well we're almost done we only need one more question answered. What do you think humans wore like in the past?"

"Oh that's an easy one humans in the past were... how do I put it. Rather ignorant species. Anything that wasn't inside there strict parameters was labeled as weird, destructive or in the worst case dangerous. And what was labeled with that was usually met with violence."

We all looked at him with looks of befuddlement and then Scootaloo asked. "How do you know so much about humans?"

"Well who do you think killed me."

"Oh, but that means that you are over three thousand years old." After that he completely froze. "Uhm are you okay?" That snapped him out of him.

"Yeah that is a problem three thousand years is usually when monsters from the empire lose their minds and go berserk. That is when we usually have to put them down."

"Wait, wait does that mean that you are going to go berserk?" Sweetie asked in a fear filled voice.

"No, no Sweetie I wont go berserk for at least another two thousand six hundred years, I have a long way before that happens. But that only means that we probably will have to fight some of them, because not all of them are in stasis."

"Wait, did you say fight monsters." I asked.

"Yeah pretty much, but don't worry the more pieces of my armour we find the stronger we'll become and the easier we'll be able to beat them. With that said let's get to mapping out all of the armour pieces."

"Okay how do we do that?" Asked Scootaloo.

"Just open the atlas to a full view of the entire world. I'll put dots on it which will represent the armour pieces." With that said it happened on the atlas ten dots appeared. "Here we go. Huh only ten pieces well that's a relief, i thought there were going to be more pieces, but hell they are spread out."

"They sure are. Now lets see the closest piece to us is in, Canterlot?" Said Sweetie.

"Yeah, what luck. The rest of the pieces are in the Dragon kingdom, Zebrica, the north pole, the Yak kingdom, the Crystal empire, the Cat jungle, the center of the Naga kingdom and finally Tartarus. Well this is definitely going to be one big fetch quest. So are you guys still in on this?"

After some time looking at me they finally said unison. "We are the Cutie mark crusaders we help anybody that needs it, so don't worry Mike we'll help you get your armour back, if it's the last thing that we do. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." With that said and the motions done they completed the Pinkie promise.

"Well kids now we have the locations of the armour now which should be the first piece that we collect."

"That's a nobrainer we start with the one in Canterlot and after that we can get the piece from the crystal empire. So how does that sound." Said Scoots.

"Okay that sounds like a solid plan. Oh before I forget tonight we are going to meet in the dreamscape because I have allot to teach you."

Then I heard a groan. "What do you mean teach us?" Said Scootaloo.

"Oh, don't give me that Scoots, I'm not going to teach you math, I'm going to teach you how to fight. As we discused earlyer, you will probably be fighting a couple of berserk monsters, so you will have to be ready if that happens."

"Oh that's going to be awesome." Said Scoots.

"Uhm do we have to fight? I mean aren't there better ways of dealing with them?" Asked Sweetie in a terrified voice.

"Yes Sweetie, there are, but that still requires you to be able to defend yourself, Because they usually don't listen if they are not tied down."

"Oh."

"Hey, don't worry Sweetie, if you would be in a fight you would more or less be a mage type character so you'll use long ranged attacks, but enough about tactics now is a time to kick back and relax, because when you enter the dreamscape you'll get a workout you newer got before. So lets get to the park and go play some hot potato."

Then they asked in unison "What is hot potato?"

"Oh you're missing out. I'll show you at the park. Now lets go." With that said we went off to the park.

Author's Note:

I know this chapter is kinda short, but it is the scroll that tells us where we are going to go with this series and as always, if you enjoyed it like, share and comment. With that said I'm going to see you in the next scroll.