• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,067 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,067

PreviousChapters Next
Fearful Conflicts

The Crystal Prep Shadowbolts were in the cafeteria, having lunch and talking among themselves. All, except one.

Sour was sadly playing her mashed potato with her spoon, still in the slump from yesterday.

Her fellow Shadowbolts noticed her unusual depression, and decided it was time to break the ice.

“Alright, Sour dearie,” Sunny began in her usual authoritative, yet welcoming tone. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

Sour sighed, “I messed it up,” She frowned.

“What?!”

“Are you deaf?! I messed it up, okay? The date was ruined! And it’s all my fault, because I just couldn’t-“

“Whoa, Whoa, easy Sour!” Indigo said. “Calm down! Take a slow deep breath. Now tell us what happened.”


Spike was in dragon form as he returns to the spot he was at last night, when he saw Fear, again, in the flesh.

The dragon lowered his snout to the spots where Fear was standing and took a long whiff of the metahuman’s scent.

“You really are back!” Spike growled, as he continued to sniff the air again to follow the metahuman’s scent.

Spike followed Fear's scent until it ends in a dark allyway. "Huh, trail ends here." He said to himself. He took another whiff and realized something, "Someone was here with him."


later

“...and then I accused him of setting me up,” Sour sighed in shame. "And...you can guess what happened next."

The other Shadowbolts could only exchange sad and sympathetic responses, with Indigo blowing a loud whistle in amazement, "Uh, I mean, wow. Yeesh, that must be a rough date, huh?" Indigo chuckled nervously.

"That's not even the whole thing," Sour frowned. "I wanted so badly to apologize to him, but he wouldn't listen. He won't even look at me in the eyes to talk to me. I don't blame him. I did tried to kill him once."

"It's not just you, Sour Sweet!" Lemon Zest exclaimed, on behalf of herself and the girls. "We all tried to kill him!" The Shadowbolts all nodded in agreement.

"Of course, you tried to murder him the most as a retribution for stealing the kiss and assaulting your breasts," Sugarcoat said bluntly.

"SUGAR!!" The other Shadowbolts, minus Sour, exclaimed angrily.

"No, she's right," Sour sniffed, rubbing a tear away. "But to be fair, I deserved it."

"Aw, c'mon, Sour! You can't just give up, like that!" Indigo began as she encouraged, "It's a little too soon. Just give yourself a week or so to cool off, and then you can talk to Spike again. I'm sure he'll give you a second chance, or a third, or even a fourth."

"Do you think so?"

"Of course! I may not know him long enough, but he doesn't come across as the type who would hold a grudge. He's better than that. I'm sure once you two get the chance to talk things out, everything will be okay."

Sour nodded, sadly, "I hope so," Then, the girl's eyes lit up when she remembered, "Oh, there's something else you girls need to know!"


Meanwhile, at CHS

"WHAT?!" The Knights exclaimed, "Fear Haunter is back?!"

"Afraid so," Spike frowned, as he stood in the Fight Club, with the Knights and the Element Bearers present. "I'd wish I could I say I was dreaming, but he was there, in the flesh alright."

"Well, where is he now?" Rainbow asked.

"That's the worst news, Rainbow," The dragon replied. "I don't know. I tried to track him down, but he's just nowhere to be found."

"Well this is just great." Rumble said.

"That's not all," Spike began, " When I reached to the end of his trail, there was another scent there. Someone was there with him."

"Oh my," Fluttershy said, "You don't think he...murdered someone do you?"

"I didn't find a dead body anywhere so I doubt it," Spike said hoping to assure her, "Aside from swamp water and dead fish, this other person smelled almost like Fear but not, it's...hard to describe it."

"You think this other person is some sort of assailant of Fear?" Twilight asked.

"Well he did tell me he had help escaping prison, so it's a strong possibility." Spike answered grimly.

"So your telling us that not only Fear Haunter's back but he may not be alone this time?" Tender asked.

"Afraid so, Tender." Spike then turns back to Twilight, "You still have his black dreamstone, Twi?"

"Yes, got it under lock and key." She answered.

"Good, 'cause he may want it back."

"I'll also let Starlight and Celaeno know when I head back to the castle after school." Twilight said, "I also placed some security measurements in that old mansion Fear hid at after the horror plague incident. I doubt he'll go back there but better safe than sorry."

"We should also let Discord, Thorax, Sunset, and Trixie know as well." Pip added.

"How did he get out?" Feather asked.

"Maybe I can shed some light on that." Said a voice from the shadows who reveals to be Somnambula.

"Somnambula!!!" Yelled some of the kids.

"What are you doing here?" Rumble said not taking his eyes off her.

"I came to warn you of Fear's return but it seems your already aware." She answered.

"DOHOI YA THINK?!" Button yelled.

"Can it, Button," Spike scolded him. He then turns back to Somnambula, "So care to explain why Fear is out of his cell and is walking around New York?"

With a sigh, she spills the beans, "A week ago there was a massive riot at Azmodan Prison."

"Azmodan Prison?" The knights asked.

"Equestria's top prison," Spike explains to them, "It's where we put our worst of the worst."

The egyptian pegasus continued, "Thankfully Fleur and her parents were nearby at the time and helped contain most of the convicts." She then lowers her head, "But it was later discovered that it wasn't a prison RIOT, It was a prison BREAK."


A Week Earlier, At Azmodan Prison

"It was an absolute nightmare let me tell you," Said a bat pony wearing a spiffy suit and a pair of glasses, "One moment everything was fine until all of a sudden our computers went haywire and most of the prison cells opened up. If Flare Heart and her parents weren't here to help with containing the prisoners, then I don't know what would have happen." He finished.

"Yes, it was very fortunate indeed, Warden Sharp." Somnambula said. Accompanying her are the minotuar, griffin, and chimera Shadowbolts. They were all following the warden who was leading them to a destination.

The warden continued, "All but two were accountable, One is Beezin who Fleur and her parents are currently looking for."

"And the other?" One of the Shadowbolts asked.

"You'll see." Warden Sharp said as they reached their destination. There were a few dead bodies laying on stretchers and a metal door that looks like it was ripped open.

Somnambula enters the room, "Warden, who's cell was this." She asked.

"Fear Haunter's." He answered grimly.

"I see." She then sees a small note on the bed. She picks it up and it reads:

Dear Somnambitch, come and find me.

Love Fear

P.S. F. U.

She tears the note in disgust.

The griffin was studying the door, "Hmm, This door looked like it was forced open from the outside. And who ever did it was very strong too, it would take I think four or five minotuars to pry open a door like this."

The minotuar and chimera were examining the dead guards, "Yeesh, look at this one, looks like someone or something took a bite out of him." The chimera said.

The minotuar came over to check, "Hmm, these bitemarks look like they were made from a crocodile. Come take a look at this one. Someone or something broke his neck, however it looked like something was wrapped around it like a tail."

"Warden you said the computers went haywire?" Somnambula asked.

"Yes, evidence shows that someone planted a virus in our mainframe." Warden Sharp explains.

"I see." Somnambula took this all in, "It is obvious that Fear Haunter had help escaping but the question is...who?"


"Huh, well that explains why we haven't heard from Fleur in a while." Button said.

"So was there a reason why any of us wasn't told of this sooner?" Spike asked sternly.

Somnambula lowers her head in shame, "We'd hoped we be able to recapture him quickly but like before he was two steps ahead of us. I already lost three of my monkey scouts trying to find him."

"I see." Spike said.

"What about Fear's accomplice?" Twilight asked, "Do we know who it is?"

"No, we're still looking into that." Somnambula replied grimly, "Shortly after that, he paid a little visit to the Royal Canterlot Library and 'borrowed' a certain book there."

"What was the book?" Twilight asked.

The pegasus was quiet for a minute before she finally answered, "The Great Book Of Artifacts, written by Starswirl himself."

Twilight's eyes widen with horror and with good reason, "Oh no."

"Is that bad?" Button asked.

"It contains information about many magical artifacts, powerful ones I might add, including the Elements of Harmony and the Armor of Heroes. Not only would Fear find out about their weakness's and counter them but he would also learn about other dangerous trinkets as well." The Princess of Friendship explained.

"Oh my." Fluttershy said.

"So yeah, that's very bad." Button said glumly.

"So what do we do?" Featherweight asked

"You should let me and my Shadowbolts handle this affair." Somnambula suggested, "Even as we speak, we are searching the whole state for him. Let us worry about Fear Haunter"

"Pfft sure." Rumble scoffed, "So far Fear has been given you guys the slip, what makes us believe that you can still catch him?"

“Because we have an expert tracker on our side,” Somnambula answered. “Trust us. We’ll be able to recapture Fear and his accomplice, eventually. But in the meantime, you must all be on guard.”

Spike was unsure at first, but nevertheless he replied, “Fine then. He's all yours.” He then gives her a hard look, eyes turning into slits, "But the next time something like this happens again we want to know immediately, got it?"

Somnambula winced at this. She knew it wasn't a request, it was an order. Nevertheless she complies, "Y-Yes my prince, it won't happen again."

"Good." Spike said as Somnambula takes her leave.

Little did anyone know however is that someone was listening in. Tianhuo heard everything from a door that was barely open. She wasn't wearing her gym uniform but was wearing a green shirt with Chinese syllables that not only showed off her midriff but also three sets of scars on her back, a short leather jacket with picture of a longma on the back, and black pants with flame patterns on them.

The Chinese girl was conflicted whether she should get involved or not. With a sigh, she starts walking down the hall until she hears a voice call out to her. "Hey Tian!" She turns to see who it was and sees it was Sunshine Smile who's with her sister, Moonlight Raven.

Wondering what they want, she heads over to them and asks, "What's up?"

"Me and Moonlight are going to the movies after school and we were wondering if you wanna join us." Sunshine answered cheerfully.

"Wait are you...asking me to hang out with you girls?" Tianhuo asked.

"Why not?" Moonlight said in her monotone voice, "We hang out a lot at the Fight Club."

Tianhuo thinks about for a minute then shrugs, "Why not, I got nothing planned tonight." She said with a smile.

"Alright!" Sunshine cheered.

"So what are we gonna go see?" Tian asked.

"The theater is replaying Nightmare on Elm Street." Sunshine answered.

"The 1984 one. Not the crappy one produced by Michael Bay." Moonlight added in.


Elsewhere

Fear was walking down the crowded street trying to get through large groups of people, he always hated the big cities. He turns to an allyway where a large manhole was located. Looking around to see no one was looking, he then lifts the manhole and climbs down before resealing the lid.

After going through a network of tunnels, he reaches a large room with a big pool of water in the middle. Reaching to one of his pockets, Fear brings out a black gauntlet with a blood red ruby at the center.

Fear smiles, He knows it's a matter of time before the Shadowbolts finally find him. But this time he'll be ready for them, with some help of course.

Just then, some bubbles appear at the pool which gets bigger until a massive figure rises. Fear turns towards the figure and his evil smile widens.

PreviousChapters Next