• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 17,012 Views, 792 Comments

Dragonfire 🐲 Enter The Dragon Hero 🐲 - Phantom-Dragon



Born in the Year of the Dragon, gifted with a powerful magic called the Dragonfire, Spike Draco fights the forces of evils that threatens to destroy the worlds of his friends and family.

  • ...
25
 792
 17,012

PreviousChapters Next
The Dragonfire

Author's Note:

40 likes > 2 dislikes, 29 reviews, and over about 700 views? That's the highest I've ever achieved with any of my fanfics here!

It's not exactly featured in the Equestria Daily, nor is it a popular on fimfic, but I'm glad to see a lot of you guys are really enjoying it! Also, sorry if I've kept you guys waiting too long, but I'm taking some sick days now. Sayonara.

'.....Spike....' a voice called. '......Spike......'

Spike slowly opened his eyes and the first thing he could see was just a blur of white.

".....Who's there?" He asked.

After he blinked his eyes for a couple of seconds, his vision became clear and he finds himself staring face to face with a tall white alicorn, with half of her face shrouded by her beautiful, flowing mane of pink, green, and blue.

"Rise and shine, my little sunshine," she smiled lovingly at him.

Perplexed, Spike turns around to see a small crib with a baby, wrapped in a purple blanket. What's shocking was the fact that the baby looked a lot like Spike himself, only smaller. Spike watched in bewilderment as the mare levitated his younger self from the crib, with a glow of her horn, and rubbed her nose with his.

"Who's my little sunshine?" she asked, covering her face with her wings. "You are!" The baby giggled in delight.

Spike smiled as he watched the event playing out, 'Little sunshine,' He thought. 'Sounds kinda familiar. But I like it.'

Spike watched the dream unfolds with the alicorn and the baby spending quality time together. The alicorn and the baby first had breakfast together, with the alicorn, being the loving mother she is, playfully feeding the baby.

"Here comes the pegasus," she sang as she fed the baby his porridge.

The baby opened his mouth, happily accepting the food. The alicorn giggled, while Spike watched the scene with amusement. Later, it was around sunset when the alicorn and the baby were playing together in the clouds, then in a huge hedge maze, where they played a game of peek-a-boo.

"I see you!" the alicorn would say, earning a giggle from the baby in return.


Soon it was nighttime, when Spike finds himself, the alicorn, and the baby, back in the same room from before. The alicorn was rocking the baby to sleep with her magic, before she sang to him a haunting lullaby.

[Sleepsong ~ Lullaby from a Secret Garden]

The baby slowly drifted off to sleep, while Spike felt more at peace, once the song was over.

The alicorn kissed the baby on the head, before she tucks him in bed, "Sweet dreams, little sunshine." With that, the dream started fading away.


Spike slowly opened his eyes to see he was back in his room, 'I'm home,' he thought. 'Oh, it's just a dream. All of it. Guess there's no flying monkeys, witches, and there's certainly no....' He suddenly smelled cotton candy and turned to his left, "Hi!" Pinkie Pie greeted happily.

"BWAH!!" Spike screamed, falling out of his bed, and was caught by magic.

"Careful Spike," Twilight said, using her magic to set Spike on his feet, who turned around, facing the two girls and was even more shocked.

Not looking where he was going, Spike bumped into someone, "Easy there, Sugarcube," Applejack said, as she caught the boy. "That was some kickback you had back there."

Spike quickly turned the lights on, "You girls again?!" Spike exclaimed, backing away, while all of the girls look at him with concern.

"Were you expecting, maybe, Tara Strong, Ashleigh Balls, Tabitha St. Germain, and Andrea Libman?" Pinkie joked.

"What? When? How?" Spike stammered, just as Scorpan and the boys walked in.

"I think you'd better sit down," Scorpan said.


After things got settled, Scorpan and the girls spent the rest of the afternoon explaining the situation to Spike and the boys.

"I'm a dragon?" Spike asked.

"And a darn good one too!" Applejack exclaimed.

"And ya still are!" Rainbow added. "Though, you'll be 20% cooler once we get your dragon up!"

The boys looked to each other, "That would explain the fire breathing," Featherweight noted.

"I wasn't lying to you when I said you were born with a gift, Spike," Scorpan explained. "The Dragonfire is a very special power that only comes to the pure of hearts and noble of spirits in the Year of the Dragon. But without proper training of self-defense and mastery of this magic, the wielders of the Dragonfire are easy to capture by forces of evil."

"So that's why that crazy woman was so determined to get Spike," Rumble stated, recalling the battle with Somnambula.

"Catch, enslave, steal him," Scorpan explained. "For past generations, many potential hosts of the Dragonfires have always been hunted down by the forces of evil, with the intention to take the powers for themselves and use it for their own selfish gain. Once they've got what they wanted, only then would the hosts finally be killed," Spike gulped, while the girls all crowded close to the boy. "Afterwards, the Dragonfire would be in possessions of the thieves for only a few hours before it is completely extinguished."

"The Dragonfire? Extinguished? How?" Spike asked.

"The Dragonfire is a type of magic that only works for the vessel it was given to," Twilight explained. "It doesn't work for anyone but its chosen host. Therefore, once it's been taken and used by someone else, then it's only for a few hours before it destroys the thief, and then it escapes to return to its rightful owner. But if the owner is already dead by then, the Dragonfire will go into a dormant state until the next potential host is revealed."

"Basically, the Dragonfire's pretty much a gift that you just can't trade away for something else!" Pinkie explained. "Which is why there's also the option of enslaving for the bad guys."

"Yikes," Spike groaned.

"Don't worry, Spike," Fluttershy comforted the boy. "We won't ever let that happen to you."

"Yeah," Dash joined in. "Not like what happened ten years ago."

"Ten years?" Spike inquired.

Before, the girls could answer, Scorpan got the teens back on track, "You can catch up for lost times later Spike, " he said. "We've got bigger problems now that we know for a fact, Somnambula's finally tracked you down. And if she's here, then without a doubt the others aren't too far behind."

"Others?" Spike inquired. "Others who?"

"It's best that you don't know for now Spike," Scorpan explained. "Just be fortunate that all those years of training haven't been in vain. Otherwise, you're likely to suffer a fate far worse than a long-termed amnesia."

Spike shuddered as the girls hold him even closer, "No!" Fluttershy whimpered. "Not after all those years of being without him!"

"Girls, it's alright," Spike assured as he got out of their tight embrace. "Like uncle said, it's thanks to his training that I'm okay," Spike smirked, "Besides, if Somnambula ever tries to get me again, I'll just-Hiyah!" To prove his point, Spike threw out several punches and kicks, before Scorpan caught him by the foot.

"I'm afraid the martial arts alone won't save you again the next time Somnambula attacks," the man explains. "The reason you're still alive right now Spike, is because of your Dragonfire. While it's true Somnambula is after it, she was clearly hoping to steal it from you when you're still oblivious of your own power," Scorpan sat down in a nearby chair as he smirked, "But now that you've seen firsthand at what you're capable of, not to mention that direct hit she took from your fireball, it's likely she'll cease her attacks for awhile until she is fully recovered." At this point, Scorpan's expression shifted to a concern look, "By then, she'll be ready in another attempt to steal your powers again. And it won't just be the flying monkeys the next time."

"You're not suggesting to move again for Spike's safety, are you?" Twilight asked worryingly.

"Please don't move!" Fluttershy pleaded. "We just got here from Equestria!"

"Yeah!" Rainbow Dash added. "We've just got ourselves reacquainted with Spike after ten years! Ten years! I can't take another ten years without him!"

"Neither would I," Applejack said.

"Here here!" Rarity said, getting up and holding Spike's hand.

"And we enjoy having Spike around! He's our friend! Our brother!" Rumble said, followed by the agreements from the other boys.

"Calm down," Scorpan said. "I didn't say we are moving again," the man turned to the boy as he began, "There's more good news for you young dragon," Spike looked at his uncle, anxious at what he was about to say, "Starting this Friday, we're taking your training to the next level. It's time to unleash the dragon within you."

"For real?" Spike asked, to which Scorpan answered with a nod as the girls all cheered happily, before they once again pulled the boy in another loving embrace.

"Isn't it wonderful darling?" Rarity asked.

"You're finally going to be a dragon again!" Rainbow Dash smiled. "I mean, you're kinda already a dragon, but still, you're coming back!"

"Yay!" Fluttershy cheered, quietly.

"YEAAAAH, Spike!" Pinkie Pie cheered, while blowing a noisemaker.

Spike was clearly at a loss for words, "Aren't you the least excited, Sugarcube?" Applejack asked, taking notice of his silence.

"Well," Spike began hesitantly. "This is still a lot for me to process. Me? A dragon? A fire-breathing dragon? I've always liked dragons and all, but to actually become one it's...it's...I don't know if I'm even up for it."

"You can do it, Spike," Twilight smiled reassuringly, "You can do it. You're a very special dragon, with so many potential. And what's more, you're our little dragon!" Twilight then rubbed her cheek together with Spike's, "And we've finally got you back!" Spike chuckled sheepishly at Twilight's action. Soon the girls all joined in as they showered the boy with affection.

Scorpan looked, smiling to see how happy the girls are with Spike, remembering a time when he witnessed a such a moment, a long time ago, with Princess Celestia.

PreviousChapters Next