• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 1,358 Views, 39 Comments

Cinnamon's Journal - Mocha Star



The portal to earth is open and culture has to be shared. Cinnamon and his family are one of the first to cross over and experience Earth.

  • ...
32
 39
 1,358

Entry 9

Entry 9
Final day in Equestria

I can’t believe it’s happening tomorrow. I had a last meal with all the herd from across the land and didn’t get any sleep. None of us did. We were so excited and nervous to be the first pony family crossing over that I just don’t know what to say at this point. I got enough food to feed my family for a month, just in case the food over there isn’t safe yet.

I got a letter from Princesses Celestia and Luna wishing me well and I’m going to be receiving a stipend while we’re there. Three hundred bits a month… A MONTH! That’s what I made working two jobs back before Timber was here. I guess it’s a good thing, though. I can save whatever I can and use it to forward my children’s education, weddings, or buy a new house or a second one, for vacations!

A year from now, give or take, I’ll return to Equestria a different pony with stories that no other pony will be able to compare. I’ll be a hero to some and the envy of all others, this is what my life has been missing. I never knew it but I was missing adventure. A pony isn’t meant to wait around for something to happen and have limited experiences from a kitchen in a bar, or wherever. We need to be free to explore and roam the lands and now, Multiverse.

Oh my gosh, we’re pioneers! I can’t believe I didn’t think of that before! We’re pioneers, settling a new world, as it were, for the future of ponykind. My strength can make me a great plow horse over there, maybe Amber’s magic can make her famous with the human magicians. The children are going to learn of the greatest species on another planet first hoof.

I’m a little drunk, to be honest, but it’s a good kind of drunk, since ponies can’t get drunk easily. Even Blueberry had a few with us in celebration and I think he liked it a bit. There’s nothing strong enough to get us drunk over there, so I think we over did it a bit. Amber stumbled off with a cute mare and I think she’ll have a story to tell when she gets home.

I also found out that humans are monogamous, so that’ll be an interesting sight. Only two adults per a family? I don’t know, I’ve been getting contradicting reports so I won’t take too much of it to heart. There’s a reason that we’re going over, and it’s to clear up a lot of the wrongs.

My children will be writing to Princess Twilight every other day, at least, to keep her informed on what’s happened there and once in awhile I will as well. I mean, a chance to communicate with royalty is one thing. The chance to pen pal with royalty is something completely else.

The children are nervicited to go. That’s a word Pinkie Pie taught us, along with a few other silly words. She threw the party for my family herd and it was incredible. There were balloons and cannons, cake, pie, punch and tea. I ate until I farted loudly then the party shifted to a more adult party where we began to drink alcohol and have sex.

I only got to be with a cute mare that was purple, but that’s all I remember from that moment. I hope it wasn’t the princess, I mean she… no, not going there in writing.

The party was a huge success and Pinkie knew it, we all did. I think there’s something I’m missing, though. I have the feeling that something is going to happen that we can’t predict or be ready for when we go through. I know I’ll have time to meet the humans that will be taking our place in Equestria and they are a nice family with many skills, but I worry they won’t be accepted quickly.

Ponies are very skittish at times, and if the humans are nervous it will only make it worse for everypony.

I’ve been studying with my family from the dictionary all week and we’ve gotten translation talismans as a gift from Princess Twilight, but they only work on what we know, she said. It doesn’t make much sense but it should help us at the start of our friend making over there.

Our home is actually going to be a nice human house the Helpers have set up for us and the neighbors know we’re going to be there. It’s a different world that moves at a different pace through the universe, and they have extra months that make their calendar different than ours, so it’s only early Spring season there.

I may be able to get a job farming or planting if I have to. I don’t know what I could do since humans don’t eat vegetables and I can’t rightly cook enough meat to serve them… if that’s true, even.

I have to go over there with an open mind and heart, so when we’re there we can learn about the details of them. Oh my gosh, I almost feel like a spy in a novel. Sneaking around and trying to find out information without seeming suspicious.

Anyway… Lilli was asleep before the party turned adult and Timber was too busy snacking on cake to care. I know parties have a natural flow to them, but if human parties are too different then we can’t have the children making cultural faux pas.

I took a long trot with the royal guard today and got to show them how fast I could gallop. I was fast enough to keep pace with them for a while before they passed me and left me behind for a moment. It was a good time, and I even got to spar with a guard. They use skills I wouldn’t imagine working for a pony but it was like being struck by an elephant trunk. Fluid motion and hard as a bat.

It’s a bruise I’ll wear with pride and if I have to defend my family then I’m ready to do more than scream and lead them away in a gallop. I might even stand my ground and get in a good kick or two. The humans are supposed to be peaceful, but they have a history of war and bloodshed. Ponies aren’t much better, in our own past, but Twilight warned me that they made it into an art. They even gave her a book called The Art of War, in the hopes of peace? I don’t understand but it’s not my place to understand the actions of those nobles, royalty, and ambassadors.

All I have to do is pack my bag and I’ll be ready for the ride to the Canterlot Castle where we’ll walk through the portal as a family and start a new chapter in Equestria’s history.