• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 1,362 Views, 39 Comments

Cinnamon's Journal - Mocha Star



The portal to earth is open and culture has to be shared. Cinnamon and his family are one of the first to cross over and experience Earth.

  • ...
32
 39
 1,362

Entry 7

Entry 7

Today I met with my representative. Raven is a mare that knows her stuff. She’s been with the ambassador herd ever since the first meetings with the humans. She’s setting up our residence and explained that we won’t be giving our house to a horde of humans. They successfully reproduce maybe once a year only a couple times in their lives, so the family might only have one foal, child, thing to live in our house.

We won’t be staying where they’re from though. It’s currently summer season there, so we will go to a more isolated place in the center of their continent named Mareica. It looked nice enough, but there wasn’t a lot of grazing space in the photos I saw. It’s going to be a change for us, since the humans seem to have an aversion to grazing.

They have bathrooms that are different than ours, but at least they have them. I don’t know if I could just go where I stood, and there’s the issue of diet overall. I’m not sure how to say this, but they sound like carnivores. That’s what it came across as, but they didn’t look like it. The picture I saw of a human was certainly surprising. They seem to be diverse enough, but not very much at the same time.

They look like minotaurs, but it sounds like they evolved from apes and not cows, like I was led to believe. If that’s wrong and I’ve just barely started to encounter their culture, what next? Maybe the reason they don’t have a lot of grazing land is because they do graze and they wanted to make sure the photo was the best it could be.

I’m over thinking this, I know it. I’m going to take a trot when I’m done tonight and clear my head. The trot I had yesterday turned out to be a long canter that would have taken me out of town and halfway into the woods, but that’s not an issue since I generally trot to a few spots back and forth. I got a really good lather worked up and my wife wouldn’t even hug me when I got home until I was in the shower.

I was glad Lilli needed her before bed shower so we could clean each other otherwise I’d have been in there forever and have had no pony to talk with about my concerns. She’s still a filly, but I can tell her I’m nervous about what’s going to happen. She’s smart enough to understand that I was just venting to her. She likes being talked to, too. She’s a chatterbox when she gets going, but it’s only when she’s comfortable and around ponies she knows.

I’m worried how the move will affect her most of all. Blueberry is old enough to cope and Timber is still young enough to adapt to his surroundings, but Lilli seems to have a hoof in the town and might not take to the new children she meets over there. I should have thought about this a little more, but in a couple weeks we’ll be crossing the portal into a different version of our world. That leaves us with that much time to say our goodbye’s for a year and meet our Helpers.

They call the human’s that will be there to help us ‘Helpers’. What could they need to help us with? Besides the language barrier my wife and I don’t see anything going wrong. We’re nice ponies and they’ll love us. We’ll be having barbeques with everyhuman in no time. People, humans, one’s. They have a lot of ways to identify themselves, so it’ll take some effort but we’ll make it work to adapt to their culture.

Well, I guess that’s all for now. Write in ya soon.