• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 1,358 Views, 39 Comments

Cinnamon's Journal - Mocha Star



The portal to earth is open and culture has to be shared. Cinnamon and his family are one of the first to cross over and experience Earth.

  • ...
32
 39
 1,358

Entry 6

Entry 6

Journal! I’ve found out about the other earth! I can go, with my family… They don’t have many families that are willing to go over, only singles or ambassadors, delegates, or other nobles. I’m just one of a few regular pony families that’re willing to go. It’s been a long week since I last wrote in you, but I think this is going to change everything, even how often I write in you. I have so much to learn, but after talking with my family, the ambassadors from Canterlot, and getting advice from other ponies we’re going to go there in the way of the old days.

We’re going to go there and learn as foals would, to help foster peace and understanding. We have some books translated to Equestrian from human, so we can learn a little from their writing in how to act and respond. The first thing I’m going to do is learn common greetings, I know how to say hello in a few languages in our world, but that doesn’t mean I can order a soup in the Zebra lands or a sandwich in the Gryphon isles.

Wow, I’m so excited I can’t stop shaking and I’ve eaten a pencil by accident, eraser and all. I had to switch to a quill from my wife’s collection. Oh yeah, we get our names translated to their language! It’s a language that’s versatile enough, it sounds like. <Bringleash>. What an odd name for a language, but they sound like a nice and smart group of non-ponies.

They are very much like all races of ponies, I hear. I read in a report in the newspaper that there’s going to be some confusion between our worlds, but that’s why there’s going to be trade of families. I hear tell they use technology that lets them all fly like pegasi whenever they want, they can communicate through their own Stratonet across their world.

They don’t have need for magic to move their sun and moon, either. I hear they have a more refined democracy there. Without the need for Alicorn magic we’d be in the same place, by now, I think. But, I’m not that smart of a pony so i won’t worry about that stuff. Maybe I can be put in one of the humans’ memory things and learn a lot?! They call them compute’orrs. What they do is transfer information from everywhere to my brain.

There’s so much to learn and experience over there, too. New foods to cook, new friends to make, new dances to learn… They only walk on their hind legs, so it’ll be interesting to learn their way of life and movement. Maybe I’ll finally get to live my life, instead of flowing through it. I’ve spoken with my family they haven’t seen me so happy in a very long time, it seems to be this is what we’ve needed for a while.

My children will still have access to the Stratonet once a week to contact their friends and if they want they can return home at anytime for a visit, but this is a one year trial trade of families. I will have to meet with my representative on who will be taking over my house and responsibilities, I hope the humans aren’t too put out at first, there are some overly curious or suspicious ponies in the neighborhood.

I should warn them of the special time of the year coming up, just in case. It’s going to be the last one before winter, but a city full of mares in estrus can be a bit much if you’re not used to it. From the brochure I got when I filled out the paperwork it seems that humans can get pregnant whenever they want and have up to ten foals at a time.

TEN!

That’s intense! I can’t believe that number is so high, but I won’t try to mess with them. If those numbers are right then a single house could hold fifty family members… Wait, how many of the family will be coming over? Five of us going over there in a house built for fifty? We can’t house that many here. We can get twenty ponies during the best parties in here, and that’s a time for coming and going, not living.

I need to speak with my representative soon, I won’t be able to sleep tonight, I think. I need a trot. When I get stressed, I trot. I usually trot a lot, funny how I haven’t needed a good gallop these past couple days, though.