• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 354 Views, 12 Comments

A Bit For Our Thoughts - Cuber Snuggles



You are a stranger to those around you. You decide to go and drink your problems away, but instead of buying alcohol, you end up buying something way more useful

  • ...
 12
 354

Ice cream for three.

So, here you are again. Back in that same seat you were on yesterday. Or was it last month? Last week? It doesn't matter how long it's been, as long as you can drink something hard.

You prepare yourself to ask the bartender for a drink. But before you could open your mouth you were cut of by a voice from behind you.

“So you're back, uh?”

You slowly turn around expecting to see that Cyber Silver fella you saw from your previous visit, but instead your eyes land on a different pony before you, and...is that a child?

The pony that spook was a green, pegasus stallion with a messy, dirty blonde mane and tail. And the filly is a grey, earth pony with a nicer looking white mane and tail with blue tips. The former had a smug look in his eyes with an equally smug face, while the latter had wide, curious, emerald eyes.

You ask the green one his name and how he knows who you are. (You also decide to keep quiet about the little filly for now.)

“I'm a friend of Cyber, a close friend at that. He told me about his encounter with you; at the train station. As for my name, you can call me Buckethead for now. That's what everyone calls me around here because of my cutie mark.” he turned his flank to show his cutie mark of a helmet.

You make a remark about bringing the kid to a bar.

Buckethead gave you an odd look before a brief twinge of realization flashed across his face which was quickly replaced by his smug smile “Ah, you are new here, aren't you? This is an ice cream bar after all.”

It took you a second before you face hoofed at the new information. How could you miss such a important detail? You sighed as you sulked down into your set while the filly slipped past Buckethead and approached your side.

“Hello, my name is Goal Kick! What's your name?” She said with excitement.

Now that she wasn't behind Buckethead you could get a better look at the filly. She had a soccer ball cutie mark on her flank, and her tail was shorter for a foal her age. But then again you aren't sure what her age is.

Anyways you tell her you name and ask her how she's doing. You might be trying to get drunk, but you know how to behave around children. Probably your only redeeming quality.

“I'm doing fine, thankyou!” She ran the last two words together out of excitement. Maybe because this is an ice cream bar and she wants some? She quickly whips her head around towards Buckethead “can we order some ice cream now?”

You called it.

Buckethead sighs out of amusement “Yes, Kid, we can order ice cream.” He said with a smile.

Goal Kick gave a quick hiss under her breath, probably saying 'yesssss’ or something similar.

Buckethead chuckled “Go wash your hooves. Do you know what flavor you want?” He asked Goal Kick.

“Vanilla!” She shouted as she ran to what you assume is the mare's room.

You watch the filly run for a good two seconds before turning your head back to the countertop​ and start mumbling under your breath for no reason but to mumble.

“So what flavor do you want?”

This simple question breaks you out of your trance. Is he offering you ice cream? What have you've done to deserve such a treat? You don't deserve it. You feel like you don't deserve anything. You look up at him with confusion before returning to your sulking.

You barely catch a glimpse of Buckethead from the corner of your eye. And you see in his eyes…is that empathy? He looks genuinely empathetic towards you.

“Hey. I've seen those eyes before.” He said, taking a seat next to you.

You say he must met a lot of losers.

His head tilted to the side slightly for whatever reason “What? No, I've met a lot of friends, and...my daughter.”

Now you're interested. Your ears perked up and 6ou look back up at him, this time with curiosity. You motion for him to continue.

“When she was younger her parents went….mising; nopony knows what happened. Anyways, she was orphaned and had no one to take care of her, and the local orphanage was closing down so she was going to a different one all the way in manehattan, all her friends lived here in Ponyville. She was depressed and sui—”

You raised your hoof to cut him off before he could finish that last word. You've heard it before. Heck, you've seen it before. Your friend lived it. Part of the reason you're here.

He gave a nervous giggled “Hehe, sorry. Tmi as the kids would say! Anyways, I adopted her and she moved in with me. At first it was rocky, but with time her wounds mostly healed. It's a miracle she's improved as much as she has!” He said with pride. No doubt in the fact that he helped in that process.

The lucky kid. Your friend wasn't lucky enough to have someone take care of him. He was stuck with you. And you know how that turned out. Bad.

You once again returned to sulking once again, but it was interrupted by Goal Kick returning to the two of you. Either she took a long time or you had a quick conversation. Regardless you were ready to call it a night.

“So, what flavor?” He asked again

Right...Ice cream. You tell him that you do feel like it and you just want to leave.

He put his hoof around your neck in a playful manner “Nonsense! There's always time for ice cream! Now, what flavor?”

He’s presistent alright. Maybe even stubborn. You sigh in defeat as you tell him what flavor you would like.

The bartender passed out the three bowls of ice cream to all of you. You got the flavor you wanted while Goal Kick received the vanilla she wanted, and Buckethead got cookies and cream. You all ate your ice cream at a leisurely pace. Well, except for Goal Kick who ate hers at a much quicker pace.

After everyone finished Buckethead and Goal Kick made their leave while you decide to hang behind for a minute to try to process what the heck just happened. Did...did you just have a good time?

Author's Note:

Wait, did I just update a story? COULD THIS BE A SIGN!? Probably not.

I'm not too sure how I feel about this chapter. Is it to much? To little? But hey, profile picture character is in it!

Feedback is helpful as usual. Spot any spelling errors let me know.

(1,111 words. Aren't I a neat freak. What's next, 1010?)

Comments ( 2 )

Yay! I was wonderin:pinkiehappy:g what happened to this story!

8135269

Nothing. Just helping with a daycare.

Login or register to comment