• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 3,808 Views, 83 Comments

The Second Time Around - JujubeLand



Two couples, one old and one new, have their honeymoons in Las Pegasus.

  • ...
6
 83
 3,808
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 49 )

THis is probably your single best story. And that's saying something. The romance within the two couples is fantastic, as well as the parralels you make between then, and of course the sex is very well-written.

[img]C:\Users\Enter Name Here\Pictures\awesome backgrounds\chuck-norris-approves.gif[/img]:heart::heart:

Are you married? Because it sounds like you know what it means to be in love.:heart:

999551 Thank you very much! I appreciate you following the story the entire way through, and your comments and criticism are always welcome, sir. (Also, at that rate, Twilight's legs are going to get worn out in no time flat.)

999707 When I was describing this story to a friend of mine, I used the term "clopfic opus." Then I realized that "clopfic opus" was a phrase I never thought I would utilize in common speech, but there you go. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the praise!

999726 :ajsmug::yay:

999916 Truth be told, I am not, but I know people around me who are, and I draw off their input and my observations, as well as putting my own spin on things. I am truly thankful for that comment, though, as I consider it a high compliment. Thanks for the read!

1000292 It is a compliment :p anyway I loved this story. Its great to read a romance fic when you read and you can sense the love the two characters have.

This could be on EQD, even though its clop! That's how good this is! I wish it could, but yeah. One of my top stories though!

1008213 Oh man, if I could submit this to EQD, you know I would. I'll have to utilize a different strategy to bring this tale to the masses: Tell your friends! :twilightsheepish: Many sincere thanks for the kind comments.

And seriously, tell your friends. :yay:

I made an account just so I could comment on this. Amazing story! M

1052218 Well thank you, I truly appreciate it. I'm glad you liked it.

1062513 It is the technically correct term for that part of an equine's anatomy; it's not that I love the word, it's just that I'm trying to keep it accurate.

I appreciate the views and the faves very much. Thanks!

That was a great story. Definitely going to be read again in the future. :twilightsmile:

Excellent! A beautiful end to a beautiful story.
Please keep writing, I'll keep reading!

1285224 I certainly don't plan to stop any time soon. Thanks for the uplifting comment!

I really enjoyed this story. Short and very, very sweet. With naughty couples. Very well done on the interactions between the couples, though, I really enjoyed those moments the most.

1476318 Heh heh..."short"...it's only my longest clop story to date...:twilightsheepish:

Anyway, thanks for the read, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

1697560 That was one of the most fun things to write as well. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, and I appreciate the feedback.

I really, really wanted to like this one. It's got a lot of things that I like (Lovey Cadance and Shiney, some very warm old-school romance, a narrative that is deft at combining a good story with its adult content, some really beautifully sweemy architecture descriptions) and by all rights this should be one of my favorites, but in the end it comes down with a really bad case of Holistic Jackass Antagonist Punching Bag Syndrome, which is to say, because one's antagonist is a holistic jackass, it's okay for your heroes to do anything to him that they want. Unless I have grossly misread, the precipitating event of the primary conflict (the mixup in the reservations) was entirely the fault of either the Post or the hotel booking the reservations. On first pass through this story, I was like, aw, how sweet, the Royals are giving their hotel room to the older couple! But, er, this turned out not to be the case; they stole the room from Blueblood, lock stock and barrel. The justification? Blueblood is a Holistic Jackass and he is rich and somehow on a cosmic level he deserves it.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, per se. It's just that to have your heroes deciding to punish someone who isn't at fault and who really did have every right to the room puts Shiny and Cadence on very poor moral footing, distractingly poor. And the narrative asks us to accept this because Blueblood is a titanic dink, which he is, but for all his sins, he is asked by the heroes to bear the blame of a sin he did not commit. And that this passes uncommented-on by the narrative is very problematic for a story that I would otherwise enjoy; it renders me unable to.

Despite the fact that I personally can't enjoy it, you've written a well-crafted story with lovely descriptions and a beautiful setting. It just feels like your heroes are in the wrong here. And certainly, plenty of stories have heroes making decisions that are morally in the wrong, but I don't think this is the kind of story you are writing here.

1706861 in response....

think about it in the terms of Causality,

If the post had gotten the notes at the right time. Blueblood would have never gotten the room.
And as such, Cadence was simply correcting a mistake on the part of the post.
Blueblood likely got a refund. So there was no harm done in that respect.
Also the reason cadence struck him was not because of his attack on plywood and hazel,
It was because of his attack on Shining Armour's honor.
In the terms of many ponies/people before me and most likely after me:
"First come, first serve"
Since blueblood was later, he lost his claim on the room.

1725297
I see your point, but I can't internalize it; Princeykins paid good money and had every right to expect the room. He deals with it, predictably, in a poor fashion, trusting in his station to be able to bully the commoners instead of himself taking it to the party at fault, but while he behaves like a perfect ass in response to the situation, it wasn't his doing. Completely independent of one's own moral feelings is that it is a imperfection in terms of literary morality, which (in a classically well-formed story) suggests that the antagonist plant the seeds of the conflict (and for an added bonus, his own downfall). Blueblood is as much a stranger to the core conflict as the heroes are, which weakens the plot structure. Better if Blueblood had rigged the reservation conflict himself by pulling in favors with the management; then turnabout is fair play rules kick in.

Ain't literary analysis great?

1726300

im responce to that

this is a fanfiction website. it would be nice to have great literature being made, but seeing as this is the INTERNET, i have come not to expect it. i see all your points and they are completely valid when dealing with literature. but i do not hold literature and fanfiction up to the same light.

and as for Blueblood, we are never told what actually happened. if it makes you feel better, assume he did rig the reservations.

Still one of my favorite shipping fics:heart:
Amazing fic :yay:

1834725 Thanks much! I'm glad it's stuck with you.

1878117 A marriage based on love, trust, loyalty, respect, compromise, and commitment is a beautiful thing, and I strove to show that such a union can be anything but bland and boring, whether it's just begun or has been going strong for years upon years. Mindless clop has its place, but it's not the type I prefer. There needs to be a reason for and a believability to the lovemaking. I thank you for the read and fave, as well as the positive feedback.

...Huh. Well-written marriage clop. How…Unusual. :rainbowderp:
Seriously though; excellently written, great style of writing, and, of course, amazing steamy scenes that didn't detract from the story.:yay: Over all, 9/9 moustaches. Spend them wisely!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:
Also, question; where ARE the withers?:rainbowhuh: I first saw it on a shipping fic, and I remember thinking, '...this fic isn't supposed to be clop...What's that word doing here?' Then, of course, I realized that the word wasn't nethers…It's still awkward to read that word, though.:twilightoops:

1957991 First of all, thank you for the compliments, as well as the watch. They are always appreciated.

Second, "withers" is the anatomical term for the back of an equine's neck; hopefully that clears things up for you.

1959309
Aaah...Yes, that does help. Thank you! :scootangel:

Absolutely outstanding story! I love how romantic it is. Your writing skills are magnificent, and I enjoyed every bit. :pinkiesmile: I already told some of my friends about how wonderful this story is and how they should read it. :heart:

2283165 Thank you very much for the compliments, and thanks also for spreading the word!

2372572 I'm not sure I want you to keep reading; I may end up owing you a ton of new body parts by the time it's over! (No, seriously, please keep reading. I'm glad you've enjoyed it thus far.)

2377867 Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!

It's been 3 weeks since I said I would finish this, and only now am I doing so.:facehoof: Bad me.
Anyway, I'm glad I read this story now, though, it's been a rough week, with my Grandma having surgery and all. It's great to read a story like this and escape for a bit, y'know?

I used to think stories like this were just "porn with words" in other fandoms (and a bit with this one:twilightblush:), but your stories have proved otherwise. I love how your stories show the parts of the characters lives that aren't centered around the bedroom, like some fics do. You have a way of making the characters act in a loving way towards one another without it feeling forced like I've seen other writers do. This story has inspired me to attempt to write a love story that's been on my mind recently. Let's hope it turns out half as good as this.

Whew. Now that's off my chest, I think I need to go to bed. Sorry for gushing like that:twilightblush:, I hope you don't mind:fluttershysad:

2484813 I never mind reading comments, especially from people who enjoyed reading my stories. Thank you very much for your kind words, and I'm glad that my little fiction here has inspired you to write as well.

Real, emotionally engaging and honest, romance is rare and difficult in any format.  You've accomplished something really amazing with this story, JujubeLand. I entirely anticipated some mildly shallow swingers/kinkfest going into the first chapter. I have to say I'm pleased things went in a different direction from my jaded expectations. You write good love.

So thanks for that.

2812859:twilightblush: Thanks very much for your praise! I'm glad you both enjoyed my story and took the time to comment on it. I feel that true love is underrepresented in this fandom's erotic fiction, so I'm trying my very best to bring some semblance of real romance to pony stories. Again, thank you!

3092303 That certainly may have contributed to their fatigue. That and the chaos of a wedding interrupted by angry changelings and their mind-controlling queen.

Thanks for the read!

3398255 I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the read, fave, and positive comment.

Great end to a sexy story.

4026641 Thanks a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :pinkiehappy:

This is one of the few Shining Armor X Cadance clopfics that I actually enjoyed. I not only love the story, but the characterization and the detailed description of the settings. And the sex scenes are really good, especially the ones on chapter three and chapter four. Keep up the good work. :raritywink:

4341237

Everybody has their own tastes in erotic literature, and I have no qualms with that, but the frequency with which married characters so easily abandon their vows in favor of temporary gratification or to satisfy some far-fetched "kink" makes me absolutely furious. Is commitment such a foreign concept to this society (or dare I say this fandom) that we toss it aside at a moment's notice? Not every story about a married couple needs to revolve around one or both of them being unfaithful, and that was one of the points I hoped to prove with this piece. I'm glad to see that message was clearly communicated.

This. This so much. <3

4237896 Thank you very much! I appreciate the fave and the kind words. Shining Armor + Cadence forever! :heart:

I seldom read, and even more rarely leave a comment on, stories with adult content. However, this one is certainly deserving of some praise because it's one of the most heartwarming stories I've read on this site, period.

The characters you create, and the existing ones you portray, fit PERFECTLY with what I feel is one of the unstated goals of the show: To promote and celebrate goodness. Some would call it cheesiness to show several couples being faithful, being fulfilled by each other, and exhibiting selflessness, but it was a joy to read.

I will admit to starting this with some skepticism and trepidation, but your premise drew me to give it a look. It's one I haven't seen before, examining a long-term relationship from midway through, but you did it with a wonderful simplicity. There is a warmth and familiarity to your writing that drew me in and made me want to continue. Your grammar and pacing are excellent, and I feel as though you were trying to emulate the show at a few points, with particularly important lessons laid out through exposition by Plywood, Hazel, and Cadance.

The use of a younger couple to contrast and draw out details was a brilliant technique- I love how it let you examine things from a different perspective, but with the same general viewpoint, one of love, faithfulness, and honor.

Most of all, what really impressed me was how the adult content was integrated. It ended up being neither the focus nor a tacked-on addition to up viewership; you made it an integral part of the story without dominating or taking away from the qualities that made the characters so likeable. I want to emphasize how rare that is- you kept it within the existing confines of their relationships, but showed how that was a positive, rather than negative, aspect. Too many stories treat fidelity as an arbitrary limitation to be usurped, but here you made it central to the story.

All in all, in under an hour, this has gone from a "Eh, I'll give the first chapter a shot" to "This is amazing!

Thank you for taking the time and care to craft a wonderful story. There is a shortage of good stories in this world, and I'm glad I gave yours a chance!

4340320 First, let me say that I did not expect to log on this evening and see a comment of this caliber. I would say I'm speechless, but my ability to talk does not detract from my ability to type. :pinkiehappy:

Second, here's a heap of thank-you's. No. Seriously. You can have them. I'm extremely grateful (and extremely humbled) by your praise of my work. :yay: I have had this story torn apart by some people, and there are some aspects of it that I don't care for myself, but I'll be honest, I feel like it's some of my finest work.

One sentence of yours made me swell with pride: "Too many stories treat fidelity as an arbitrary limitation to be usurped, but here you made it central to the story." THANK YOU. No, seriously: THANK YOU. Everybody has their own tastes in erotic literature, and I have no qualms with that, but the frequency with which married characters so easily abandon their vows in favor of temporary gratification or to satisfy some far-fetched "kink" makes me absolutely furious. Is commitment such a foreign concept to this society (or dare I say this fandom) that we toss it aside at a moment's notice? Not every story about a married couple needs to revolve around one or both of them being unfaithful, and that was one of the points I hoped to prove with this piece. I'm glad to see that message was clearly communicated.

I'll just step off my soapbox now. :twilightsheepish: Anyway, like I said before, thank you so, so much for the kind words. They mean a lot to me, and even though I haven't posted any fresh content on here for approximately a year, it's feedback like this that just might give me a reason to put my hands to the keyboard once again.

r4fgvu34t ttr aahruaw94t 2yw83e rfug ag haeutjwnefv dzivdbu aiwer

Okay, on second thought, maybe I'll just put my fingers to the keyboard. :facehoof:

4341237 bravo sir! I agree absolutely on you views of commitment, it seems to have been thrown out the window in our society. And this is my absolute favorite Cadence x Shining fic so far, it's what I've been looking for in a fic about them, I commend you sir! :twilightsmile:

4341237
I normally loath clopfics with a passion, and the problem you've named is a big reason why. But I absolutely loved the touchy-feely romance between committed married couples in this one, despite my ongoing distaste for horse erotica. :pinkiesick: I admit it: despite my cynicism and love of darkness, I'm a romantic at heart, and this story touched that.

Have a like and a fav, good sir. :twilightsmile:

Delightfully sexy and enjoyable story you have here. I'm amazed it took me so long to come across it, I'm usually a huge fan of this kind of good clean married sex in stories, and I am ALWAYS an advocate of building a plot around erotica, it makes the actual sexytimes so much more engaging and enjoyable. I'm actually really surprised this story's not more popular for how good it is.

I was initially a bit disappointed to see that the 'older' couple was an OC pair rather than, say, Shining's parents, for example (a favorite ship of mine, and another canon couple where good clean married sex is tragically under-used and instead is frequently characterized with cheating and incest in fanfiction), but that disappointment faded fairly quickly, as it's also one of the very few stories I've seen with good, well-rounded and relatable OCs that don't reek of self-insert wish-fulfillment fantasies. So kudos for that.

The only thing I felt was truly worth a note of criticism was that the speeches about faithfulness and commitment and so on did break my immersion a bit. They felt....off, in the sense that it felt in those moments like the characters suddenly became mouthpieces for delivering the author's personal beliefs or opinions, rather than anything the characters themselves would actually say; they felt stiff and wooden and rehearsed in those moments, rather than flowing like an actual real life conversation. I'm sure it's a bit late to suggest revisions at this point, but just something worth pointing out to maybe be aware of in the future.

That's about all I can think of to criticize though, really. Very good job with this story, I'm glad I found it at last. :twilightsmile:

--CG

5471665 I thank you very much for your feedback, and I'm glad the story could bring you enjoyment. I must admit, I too was frightened at the prospect of writing an OC couple, but based on what I've heard from my readers, I think I might have done them all right.

And yes, I agree that my dialogue writing was a bit "stiff and wooden and rehearsed," and while I feel I've greatly improved since the posting of this tale, I would like to say only two things in my defense.

1) At this point in their lives, I feel as though Hazelnut and Plywood would have had this conversation with several other ponies, especially their sons, so they would know what to say if the circumstance arose again. I've found that I often have a few rehearsed lines ready for when certain things happen in life.

2) Would you not agree that in a majority of cases, the actual show's dialogue becomes "stiff and wooden and rehearsed" when it comes time to divulge the appropriate lesson to all the kiddies? It's a trope that exists in most children's programming, and its similarity to my dialogue choice was ENTIRELY intentional. Yup. Meant it the WHOLE TIME. It was NOT an accident, nor am I being sarcastic right now. (Spoiler alert: I'm actually being completely sarcastic right now.) :twilightsheepish:

Again, you're completely on point concerning my dialogue, and I am quite pleased that you were able to look past that little shortcoming and enjoy the story as a whole. Thank you very much!

5471709
No problem. Nice to see you're still around. I wasn't sure I'd see a response with no story posts since 2013.

Not that I can talk.

Great story.
I’m not normally interested in OCs... but they fitted in well as contrast to Shining and Cadence.

Login or register to comment