• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 4,225 Views, 116 Comments

Why me? - Miner

  • ...
24
 116
 4,225

Extra Chapter: The Night Princess

Author's Note:

You know. Jessica has been in Equestria for a while. Why hasn't Princess Luna found about Jessica yet whenever she was asleep? This takes place shortly after Jessica was knocked out during the flutter rage.

I am beginning to believe that this world hates me. Because every time I am awake, SOMETHING happens. Anyhow, I find myself back in my apartment, sitting on my couch, sipping a nice tall glass of Diet Pepsi as music plays in the background. Maybe only in my dreams my I find peace in this world of crazy ponies. Before I could sing along with the song, it suddenly stopped with a Vinyl scratch sound effect as a pony enters from the kitchen. I turn to face the new foe with a glare but then did a double-take.

Unlike the other ponies I have met so far, this one was indeed different. She was much larger than the rest, with a dark blue coat and flowing glimmering mane and tail of a darker blue. She has a small black crown on her head behind her horn with matching chest pieces and shoes. Looking to her sides, I could see a pair of wings on her. I have never seen a pony like her before; I got to hand it to myself. Ever since I got to this world, my imagination of different ponies has genuinely improved. I could only stare in awe as I took a big sip through my straw.

"W… who are you? I don't remember meeting anypony like you before."

She shakes her head, "No, the is the first time we have to meet face to face. So, to speech."

Right, this is a dream; she only knows what I know. In any case, I should make the most out of this. By talking to myself to come up with ways of how to get some payback, "Well, in that case, I would like to know if you can tell me how you can kill a pony without alerting anyone."

She seems troubled by my statement. "Such violence! Creature, I must implore that you restrain yourself from harming innocent ponies." She said, stomping her hoof at the end of her statement. If she is trying to be intimidating, I wasn't working. Her statement only fuels my anger.

"Innocent ponies! HA!" I stand up to face her and point at her accusingly, "Ever since I meet your kind, I have been assaulted, insulted, and kidnapped!"

She looks confused before she tilts her head, "Don't you mean ponynapped?"

"NO! kidnapped." I corrected.

She taps her chin with her hoof a few times, taking in what I have told her. Her horn light in a soft glow as if she is trying to concentrate. Before I could say anything, I start to see widows of past events of my arrival and interactions with the Ponies here. It was so cool that all I could was to sit back on my couch watch the show in silence. Once the last panel goes by, the mare opens her eyes as she thinks to herself. She was silent for a moment before she gave a response, "I can see that your anger is justified."

"Indeed."

"Regardless, If thou wishes for the destruction of my ponies." Oh, she looks angry now, "I will stop you,"

I rolled my eyes are her, "Well, what are you going to do about it? You're just a figment of my imagination. And this is my dream and my rules."

She looks like she was going to say something, but she pauses. She then gives me looks of bewilderment, then anger, then curiosity before her eye opens wide as if she just realized something. "Thou truly do not know of me, do you, creature?"

I cross my arms in an x before going back to my drink, "Nope, never seen you before and never heard of you." I shake my glass as I look to see that it was almost empty. I got up and made my way into the kitchen with the mare right behind me.

"Surely, Twilight Sparkle have at least told you about the two Princesses who rule these lands? Have she not?"

I shake my head as I reach for the frig and open it up, "Nope, she didn't mention them. I thought that she was the only Princess here since no pony ever mentions any other ones. So, are you saying that you are a princess as well?"

"That is correct."

I grab another can before closing the fridge and opening my drink. I stare at her for a moment as I drink, processing my next choice of words, "Okay, so I believe you. Who are you supposed to be?"

She beams at these words as she raises a hoof in the air as she announces herself, "I am Princess Luna. Mare of the Moon. Co-ruler of Equestria alongside with my sister Princess Celestia ruler of the sun."

I stare at her, then look out the window to my right to see that it is nighttime outside and see a waxing moon in the sky. "So what, you move the moon or something?"

"Tis as you say,"

Okay, this is getting me nowhere. "SO, you say you are a ruler of Equestria," she nods, "And you ruler of the moon and by default the nighttime correct?" She nods again, "And we never meet before until now."

She looks annoyed for some reason, "I believe thou has repeated mine own words to myself,"

Ignoring her, I continue, "Then what are you doing here?"

"We believe that thou has a hard time remembering what we has spoken,"

"No, I mean. What are you doing here? In my dream. You are the ruler of the night. And we never meet before, so how are you talking to me in my sleep?"

She looks shocked by this, "We have already said that we are the ruler of the night."

I wave my hand dismissively, "But that doesn't include dreams."

"We do not understand thye logic."

"You already said that you are the ruler of the night. So, you can't be the Princess of Dreams."

She glares at me, "Explain thy self-creature!"

"Just because you are the ruler of the night doesn't automatically make you the ruler of dreams."

She stomps her hooves, almost shouting, "We are the protectors of dreams!"

"No, you are not. Supposedly you claim that you are in charge of dreams along with the night sky. Then by your logic, your sister Celestia was it?" She nods, "Right, then she would be the ruler of daydreams as well, correct?"

"Huh?" This left her to turn away to think about this for a moment. But I wasn't going to wait for her to finish thinking about it.

"In any case, it's better if they get another princess to handle dreams instead,"

She turns back at me in alarm, "WHAT! Why? Whatever for?"

"Well, if there is a Princess of the sun, a Princess of the moon, and a Princess of FRIENDSHIP. Then the next Princess can be the Princess of Dreams. That way, when it is nighttime. You won't be alone during the night shift." I take one last sip before tossing the can over my shoulder. Before going back to my couch. I turn back to her highness and notice something,

I didn't know ponies could ever make such funny faces like what she is doing now. She looks like she is going to have a meltdown or something. I wonder what's eating her. She stutters for a moment before finding her voice, "WHAT! But I …. She is just a…. And that's…. She will not be taking away my royal duties of the night!"

I rub my ears as she looks like a mad dog, "Hey, calm down there, Miss. It's not like it matters. You are not real anyway."

"Is that a challenge, I hear Jessica?" She looks like she will charge at me with the way she is dragging her hoof across the floor. Ah, oh looks like my imagination is getting carried away. Calm down, Jessica. This is a dream, and dreams can't hurt you.

"Now hold on a second, Miss…. Wait, what am I doing? Why am I talking to you? You can't help me, and I need to wake up, find help and then find a shrink."

She pauses as confusion crosses her face, "Uhm, why do thou wish to become small?"

I grab my head in frustration, "I said a shrink. You know a psychiatrist."

"Whatever for?"

"I believe I am slowly going insane every day I am stuck here."

Luna thinks about what I said. And tries to find out my I said that "What do thou mean by stuc…."

Before she could finish her sentence, a vast booming voice echoes across the dreamscape, scaring both of us,

"LUNA, where are you!"

There was a moment of silence between us, making a silent prayer that whatever made that sound would go away. All I could gather from the sound was a female voice, and she is angry. I, for one, don't want to be Luna right now. Not with whatever made that sound is looking for her. Maybe my new friend here can tell me a little about what is going on.

"Who was that?"

"AHhhh nopony, it was no pony." She said, hopping from hoof to hoof. It looks like she needs to go to the restroom and is doing her potty dance. It looks adorable… wait a minute.

"Why are you sweating?"

"Oh, a little exercise can give anypony a workout."

"Are you in trouble with that voice?"

"Nonsense Jessica. I am a full-grown mare. I listen to nopony!"

The voice made itself known again, but it sounds closer than before.

"LUNA when I get my hooves on you. You are so dead!"

Luna glancing over her shoulder as I smirk at her, "You sure? Sound like somepony is out to get you."

"This conversation is not over yet," She runs out the front door calling out behind her, "You hear me, Human!"

Two seconds later, I saw another Alicorn chasing right on after her, yelling words I never heard before. I didn't get a good look at her, but I was sure she was more prominent than Luna with some gold jewelry handling from her. But what stood out the most to me wasn't any of that. I had to look out my door to get a closer look to make sure I didn't see things,

"Was that a Zebra?" Before I could question it any further my dream started fading away,