• Published 24th Nov 2016
  • 7,369 Views, 170 Comments

We, Who Are Different. - Diabeto131



Two Wildly different individuals have a conversation on a bench.

  • ...
17
 170
 7,369

Out On The Town.

Doughnut Joe's was filled with the bustle of ponies seeking their daily fix of caffeine and sugar. Most were common folk for very few of the elite found themselves here. Andrew loved the atmosphere as it reminded him of doughnut shops back home. It even had the same aesthetic with its linoleum floors, bright fluorescent lights, and sweet smells wafting from the back.

He lifted his mug and took a long sip from his coffee, savoring the warm flow. Winter must only be days away if the chill in the air was evident. Lifting his eyes over his drink, he studied his recent hire and friend. Violet held a pastry in her hooves, softly chewing it with her eyes closed. Clearly was enjoying it as much a Andrew was with his drink.

They sat in companionable silence as they enjoyed their pastries and drinks. By the time Violet had finished her food, she noticed the human was staring at the bottom of his now empty coffee mug. His brow was furrowed in thought.

"What's on your mind, Andy?" Violet couldn't but feel a pinch of concern. Andrew's brow relaxed as he shifted his gaze to meet Violet's.

"Well," he started, "Rarity brought up a few good points last night." Andrew turned to look out the window. "I've probably been a bit closed off lately." Leaning forward and placing his elbows on the table, he rubbed his face before combing his fingers through his hair. "A lot closed off."

"Yeah," Violet gave a small nod, "What are you planning to do about it?"

"I dunno." Andrew shrugged. "I mean, I have an idea." He trailed off.

"But?" Violet responded in hopes that he would share his thoughts.

"I figured," He started slowly, "Twilight is the princess of friendship, so she might be able to help." He let out a heavy sigh. "But I don't want to burden her with this."

"Twilight is your friend," Violet spoke up, "This kinda thing wouldn't burden her."

"I don't know." He shifted his gaze to the side. "I think..."

"Don't think." Violet startled Andrew with this interruption. "You came here to talk to her right?" He nodded, "Then let's go talk to her." She hopped out the booth and was out the door before the human had a chance process the chain of events.

He stumbled out of the shop to see Violet trotting in the direction of Canterlot Castle. Andrew rushed to catch up with her.

"Vi, how would I even ask her." He began to panic slightly. "What words do I use?"

"Andy," Violet lightly nudged him, "Don't. Think."

Despite how nervous he was, he nodded. They continued on their path without another word.


They got inside the castle easy enough, the guards recognized Andrew, not as if they could mistake him for anybody else. If his assumptions were right, then the princesses were eating breakfast in the dining hall at that time of day.

They came to stop in front of the large garish doors that led into the castle's mess hall. Andrew looked at Violet with nervous hesitation. Meeting his eyes, she smiled.

With that smile, a powerful wave of motivation and determination surged through Andrew. He placed his hands upon the doors, and with a resolve to move mountains, he threw said doors open. As if they were mountains.

The loud, echoing slam of wood on marble echoed through the cafeteria. Every pony's eyes were turned on him. The clatter of trays and cutlery, at least what little cutlery ponies needed, ceased along with all trace of conversation.

Violet shrunk at the sudden attention. Whereas Andrew scanned the room before finally seeing the towering presences of Celestia and Luna. The princess of the sun smiled warmly at him whilst her sister had her head buried in her hooves. Clearly she hadn't yet had her morning coffee.

Andrew approached them immediately, Violet close on his heels. Shortly, his long strides brought him to their table, opposite of them.

"Good Morning, Andy." Celestia welcomed as a cup of tea gently floated up caressed by golden light. She sipped form the cup as Luna finally lifted her head from the table and lightly glared at the human before chugging a good portion of her joe, not bothering to use magic.

"Mornin'." Was all she could care to manage. Andrew frowned as he looked her over.

"Sorry," he apologized before looking around the room again, noting a lack of a certain princess of friendship. "Where's Twilight?" Celestia made a show of thinking about his inquiry. Even going as far as resting a hoof on her chin.

"I believe Prince Blueblood is seeking her council in the east wing." She relented. Andrew gave a rushed thank-you before grabbing Violet, who protested weakly, and ran out of the room. A brief moment passed before he poked his head back in. "Down the hall to the left." Celestia answered his unspoken question.

"I'm glad he's making new friends." She spoke wistfully.

"He's in love with her." Luna spoke into her mug before finishing her daily dose of caffeine.

"You think?" The sun princess gave her sister a conspiring look.

"Oh yeah," Luna put the mug down before turning and walking away from the table, "I've seen the dreams."

At that, Celestia gave a hearty chuckle.


"What are we doing?" Violet finally spoke up after moments of being carried through the castle halls. Though she never thought to ask Andrew to put her down.

"Twilight is being held hostage by Blueblood. While not inherently a bad guy, he's kinda an entitled baby sometimes." He turned a corner and stopped for moment as he realized he was still holding Violet. Red faced, he quickly, but gently placed her back on the floor. "Most of the time." He continued down the hall. Violet felt a twinge of disappointment pull at her heart as she followed him. A part of her wished he carried her the rest of the way.

They stopped in front of a door that was slightly cracked open. While he couldn't make out any words, Andrew could hear the tell tale whine of Prince Blueblood. Every now and then he heard the words "servant" and "audacity". Violet peered at him with scrutiny.

"Now what?" She asked as the human began to muss his hair, unbutton his shirt, and shift his clothes about his person. He took a deep breathe, and closed his eyes. Violet stared in confusion at the now disheveled man in front of her. Andrew turned toward the door and suddenly opened his eyes before screaming.

"TWILIGHT!!" He burst through the door and vaulted over a couch, only to catch his foot on it, and land on the tiled floor, hard. Blueblood gawked in shock; however, Twilight was on her hooves immediately.

"Andy!?" She rushed over to him. "Are you ok-woah!" The human's hands grabbed her shoulders firmly as he leveled his crazed eyes upon hers. He quickly looked at Blueblood, who flinched at the sudden motion.

"Friendship emergency!" He pulled Twilight closer without taking his eyes off Blueblood. "I. Need. Her." Andrew pushed the words through gritted teeth.

"By all means." Blueblood waved them off with a shaking hoof. Andrew pulled Twilight through the door. She seemed to still be processing what just happened as she was rushed down the hall.

After they turned the corner, Andrew straightened his person back out as Violet struggled to contain her laughter. Twilight finally spoke up after shaking the stupor off.

"What was that about?" She looked Andrew over with concern.

"Blueblood would have complained about every slight inconvenience he suffered this week if I didn't intervene." He began to rebutton his shirt as he spoke. Twilight furrowed her brow and opened her mouth as if to lecture Andrew, but he interrupted her before she could get a word in. "Besides, I do need your help."

"Oh, he sure does." Violet interjected, barely able to control her giggles. Andrew smiled at her before returning his attention to Twilight again.

She let out a heavy sigh as she met his gaze. Andrew got down on a knee so that he was at eye level with Twilight, his face taking a more serious form. He brought his hands together and interlaced his fingers.

"Please?" He said softly.

"You know I'm not gonna say no to helping you, right?" Twilight's expression softened. "Come on." She started walking down the hall towards her old bedroom.

Andrew and Violet followed, and neither strayed too far from the other.

Author's Note:

There it is. A new chapter four years later.

Sorry, but hey. I'm back!

Comments ( 23 )

Just like that, back to the story and the FBox.

Welcome back.

Welcome back!

Waiting........ waiting never changes. Now to wait until the next chapter, and so the cycle continues until the inevitable end. And still I wait.

We meet again.

I don't even remember what was going on lmao

10870745
Perfect reason to reread it

Woh. huh. it been a four years. That made me feel odd.

In any case. Welcome back! looking forward to rest of the story. Still interested in it :) And i apprently forgot to like it before. So there you have sir. Well deserved

I really do love this story

You know what, I've had a pretty lousy day. Finally got a break. Popped on, and wouldn't you know it I was pleasantly surprised that a story I thought I would never see an update from.... Updated. Thank you for putting me in a good mood again.

Well I'll be damned, never thought I'd see this pop back up. It's great to see!

Lifting his eyes over his drink, he studied his resent hire and friend.

Think you meant recent not resent.
Resent means to have anger or feelings of misgivings.

All caught up, and now waiting for moar. :yay:

10876862
>>Diabeto131
A fellow purveyor of Spiff, I see. *raises beer*
"It's Barley-Tea, get over it..."
"You druk it for 400 years before the sea route to the indies was discovered in 1495!"
"If Ale ain't Bri'ish, YOU ain't Bri'ist."
"Rwy'n ffycin feddw, ddyn " =TRN= "I am fucking drunk, man"

10983563
Barley-Tea?
More like barely tea :ajsmug:

10983569
Heh, It's water and boiled something. Either leaves, beans or grain.

Flaged for updates, and now we wait patiently

Faved for the update:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment