• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 760 Views, 7 Comments

Equestriatale Season 1 - neonpalette93



Explore the magical land of Equestria, now with more monsters.

  • ...
0
 7
 760

Episode 3: Of Monsters And Robots

Alphys sits in her new underground laboratory and continues on reassembling the old Determination Extractor. She tries to rebuild it from memory, because she misplaced the original plans.

"I wish I hadn't left the plans in the old lab." She mumbles to herself as she disassembles part of the machine that she had put together wrong. Her work is interrupted by the door to the lab being slammed shut accompanied by a loud shout.

"Alphys, darling, are you there?!"

"In here Mettaton!" Alphys shouts back. A moment later, the robot t.v. star sticks his head into the room. His hair is disheveled, and he appears upset. "Oh my. What's wrong?"

"Absolutely everything!" Mettaton enters the room in a bathrobe and falls to the floor. Alphys becomes slightly annoyed.

"Would you care to be more specific?"

"It is so awful, I don't even want to think about it." He covers his face and begins sobbing.

"How am I supposed to help you if I don't know what's wrong?"

"I don't know. Throw a party or something. I just need to forget this tragic occurrence."

"Fine." Alphys says. She stands and heads toward the door. "Go home and sleep for a bit. It'll take your mind off things."

"What are you doing?"

"Don't worry about it. I know exactly what I'm doing."

~Ponyville Town Square~

"I have no idea what I'm doing."

Alphys stands in the middle of the crowded square. Every time she tries to move, she gets pushed back.

"How is it so crowded here? This is a small town."

"I don't know. It makes no sense." A random stallion is pushed into her.

"Do you happen to know any party planners?"

"Yes I do. In fact, I know two."

"One, a fellow by the name of Cheese Sandwich, is out of town, and the other is at Sugarcube Corner. A Miss Pinkie Pie."

"Do you happen to know where that is?"

"That-a-way." He points.

"Thanks. What's your name?"

"You can call me the Doctor." He then vanishes in the crowd. Alphys forces her way through the barrier of ponies in the direction the Doctor had pointed, eventually arriving at cupcake topped building.

"Oh. This is where Muffet's shop is." She sighs. "I could have found it myself." She enters the Sugarcube Corner half of the building and approaches the counter. A blue mare, the co owner of the store named Mrs. Cake, waits at the counter.

"What can I get for you dear?" Mrs. Cake asks.

"Actually, I'm looking for a Pinkie Pie, and I was told this is where I could find her."

"Oh, I don't know." She looks to the back. "Honey, is Pinkie here?"

"She left a few hours ago to make a delivery." Her husband answers.

"Sorry." Mrs. Cake apologizes.

"It's fine." Alphys leaves the shop and returns to her lab.

"What am I going to do?" She asks herself. She suddenly has a great idea. "I'll make a party myself. Well... not all by myself. I'll go get some help!"

~Monsterville~

Alphys knocks on the door of a particular home in Monsterville. The homeowner, a large bipedal wolf known as Ice Wolf, answers.

"Hey Doctor Alphys." Ice Wolf greets her.

"Hi Ice Wolf. I have a favor to ask. Mettaton is feeling down and I want to throw him a party, so I was wondering if you could carve him out of an ice block for me."

"Sure. When do you need it?"

"Tonight. Around eight."

"Consider it done." Ice wolf closes the door.

Alphys next walks over to Asgore's house and knocks. The king answers.

"Howdy Alphys. What brings you by?" He greets her.

"Hello Your Highness. I have a favor to ask. Would you mind donating some of your flowers to make bouquets for a party? Mettaton is feeling down and I figured a party would cheer him up."

"Of course. I'll get right on it." The king closes the door.

Alphys walks over to the ghost DJ Nabstablook's house. Nabstablook doesn't answer the door. Instead, he glides through the wall.

"Hi Nabstablook."

"Hi Alphys." Nabstablook sadly answers..

"Would you be able to play some of your music at a party later? It's for Mettaton."

"Oh. Okay."

"Great."

"Great." The ghost then glides back into his house.

Alphys goes to MTT Resort next, heading to the Burger Emporium. The cashier, Burgerpants, is lounging back in his chair with his feet up on the counter.

"Hi Burgerpants." Alphys startles him, and he falls backwards.

"Heya Doctor Alphys. Can I take your order?" The cat nervously responds.

"I'm not here to eat. I was wondering if you would be willing to donate food for a party later."

"Sorry. We don't do donations."

"The party is for Mettaton." Burgerpants' ears perk up

"The food'll be ready at seven."

"Perfect."

~Monsterville Town Square~

Alphys and the royal guards finish setting up the tables.

"Thanks guys."

"Your like, welcome Alphys." 01 says back. 02 only nods. As they leave, Ice Wolf arrives.

"Uhm, Alphys?"

"Yes Ice Wolf?"

"We have a bit of a problem. I finished the Mettaton carving an hour ago, but it's sorta... melted."

"What?!"

"We won't be having any flowers either." Asgore says as he arrives. "I'm afraid all of mine are too fragile to pick."

"My soundboard short circuited." Nabstablook says. "Sorry."

"The food all burnt." Burgerpants says. "Freakin newbies don't know how to work an oven."

"Oh no. What am I gonna do?" Alphys curls up into a ball on the ground.

"Perhaps I can ask for some flowers from my co workers at the flower shop." Asgore suggests. Alphys uncurls.

"That's perfect! You can do that!" She thinks for a moment. "Nabstablook, there's a DJ in Ponyville. You could have her bring a soundboard."

"Okay."

"And Burgerpants, you could go talk to Grillby about getting some food, and Muffet for some dessert."

"Whatever."

"Ice Wolf, Princess Twilight can use her magic to carve a statue in an instant. All you have to do is supply the ice block."

"On it."

"And I can go get Mettaton. Go! Let's get started!" The group goes to their separate destinations. An hour later, the party is set. Grillby is cooking burgers and Muffet is baking donuts while Burgerpants serves them. Nabstablook and Ponyville's Dj, DJ Pon3, stand behind the new soundboard. Ice wolf directs a number of fans toward the ice statue while Twilight puts the finishing touches on it. Asgore and the flower sisters finish setting the bouquets on each table. Alphys leads a blindfolded Mettaton to the square.

"Okay, take off your blindfold." Mettaton removes the blindfold to reveal an entire party dedicated to him.

"A party? For me?"

"Yep. I planned it to cheer you up."

"Thank you so much darling!" He immediately gets swept up in the festivities, and everyone has a good time. Later, Alphys finally gets the chance to talk to Mettaton again.

"What was it that put you in such a bad mood?"

"Oh. I had woken up with a dreadful bedhead." Alphys becomes annoyed.

"Are you serious?!"

Author's Note:

Equestriatale Season 1 Episode 4: That's Not Punny
Papyrus begins to think Sans' pun making is growing out of hand, so he does whatever he can to stop it.

Comments ( 2 )

"What was it that put you in such a bad mood?"
"Oh. I had woken up with a dreadful bedhead." Alphys becomes annoyed.
"Are you serious?!"

Mettaton, never change.

Login or register to comment