• Published 5th Dec 2016
  • 759 Views, 7 Comments

Equestriatale Season 1 - neonpalette93



Explore the magical land of Equestria, now with more monsters.

  • ...
0
 7
 759

Episode 1: Inconvenient Interruption Part 1

King Asgore Dreemurr sits patiently at the end of the table in the meeting hall of Twilight's Castle. Twilight had left to fetch the royal sisters from Canterlot. He stayed behind to wait for the arrival of Sans and Frisk.

"What a lovely castle. A bit too crystally for my tastes. Maybe Princess Twilight will allow me to brighten it up with some golden flowers."

"Maybe." The new voice causes Asgore to drop his empty tea cup suddenly. He looks behind his chair to see Spike, Twilight's assistant.

"Hello there. Spike, is it?"

"That's me."

"Do you agree that the castle needs more flowers?"

"Yeah, but I don't think Twilight will go for it. She had her friends decorate the castle for her. You know, to brighten things up. It was a disaster. They settled for a tree root chandelier."

"They used tree roots as a chandelier?

"Yup, with crystals hanging from it. Each crystal has a different memory imprinted inside."

"How interesting. Alphys will love to hear that. Where is this chandelier? May I see it?"

"It's in the throne room, but you can't go see it now. You have to wait for Twilight."

"Of course." They sit awkwardly in silence.

~Elsewhere~

Within a cave at the base of Canterlot Mountain, a masked pair of stallions, a pegasus and a unicorn, are hard at work on a large pony-shaped robot. The pegasus pulls a lever on a nearby control panel and the robot lights up.

"Good. It works." The unicorn says. "Now we wait for the arrival of the twins."

"Isn't this a bit overkill?" The pegasus asks.

"Are you questioning me?" The unicorn responds.

"No. I'm just wondering why we need such a large robot for this simple mission."

"There is nothing simple about it. The princesses, as well as the monsters, will be there. We need to be able to fight back." The boss steps out of the cave and pulls out a pair of binoculars. He looks up the side of the mountain, and puts them back when he fails to find what he is looking for. A yell alerts him to the arrival of a pair of masked unicorns. The first removes his mask, revealing a red/white maned yellow face.

"We've returned with the battery you wanted, boss." He announces. "Flam thought the T-41 was the one we should take-"

"-While Flim thought the D-57 was the better choice." His mustachioed brother adds.

"Fools." The boss says. "I gave you explicit orders to retrieve the ZF-88 battery."

"We figured you wanted a certain battery-" Flam says.

"-So we grabbed them all." Flim concludes.

"Xylo!" The boss yells to his masked partner. "Insert the ZF-88 into the machine. Put the rest into storage."

"By your command." Xylo retrieves a filled sack from Flim and hurries back into the cave. He inserts the specified battery into the back of the robot. The robot stands up fully on all four hooves and glows brightly.

"As for you two..." The boss reveals a serrated knife. "If you tell anypony about this plan. I will personally slit both your throats."

"D-d-duly noted." The brothers respond. The boss begins to walk back into the cave, but stops.

"On second thought, you will come with us. Get into the robot."

"By your c-command." The terrified brothers dart into the cave and climb into the robot. Xylo follows them.

"It's time." The boss says as he climbs into the bot.

"We have a human to catch."

~Twilight's Castle~

Spike breaks the silence with a loud belch. A scroll appears in front of him.

"What is that?" Asgore asks.

"A scroll from Princess Celestia. She says they are on their way. And they're bringing Cadence."

"Cadence? Who is that?"

"Another princess. She rules the Crystal Empire."

"There is a Crystal Empire? I will be sure to ask her when they arrive."

"How about now?" Spike points to the doors. When they open, instead of the princesses as Spike predicts, Sans and Frisk appear in the doorway.

"heya fluffybuns." Sans announces. He snaps his fingers and disappears. He reappears lounging in one of the chairs.

"Sans. I thought we talked about not calling me that."

"you know i hate makin' promises."

"There they are." Spike announces. Twilight appears in the doorway, accompanied by Celestia, Luna, and Cadence.

"I'm back Asgore." Twilight says.

"Just in time too." The king adds, nodding toward Sans and Frisk.

"Great." Twilight looks towards Spike. "Spike. Do you mind?"

"Yeah yeah." Spike leaves the room.

"Now we can begin." Asgore looks around. "Frisk. Where is Sans?"

"lookin' for me?" Sans shouts down from a chandelier.

"Sans, please get down from there."

"alright." Sans stands and falls backwards off of the chandelier. Moments before he hits the ground, he teleports into the chair next to Frisk, opposite Asgore and the princesses. "so. what'ya want to talk about?"

"We'd like to discuss how you defeated Dr. Gaster." Asgore starts.

"ask away."

"How did you remember Dr. Gaster while everyone else did not?"

"i have a better memory than you." He responds. Frisk kicks his leg.

"fine kid, but they won't believe me."

"Tell them anyways."

"alright. i have this... power. it lets me-" He is cut off by sudden and loud crash. A robotic hoof crashes through the ceiling, nearly hitting Frisk. A claw extends from the hoof, releasing a letter on the floor. It then grabs Frisk and renters the hoof. The hoof then pulls out and leaves. Everyone stands and stares at the hole with dropped jaws and wide-eyes. Sans shrugs.

"whelp. looks like i've got a baddie to catch."

Author's Note:

Equestriatale Season 1 Episode 2: Inconvenient interruption Part 2
When Frisk is kidnapped, Sans recruits the Canine Unit to track her down.