• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,397 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,397

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 4, Pinkie Pie

An annoying buzz was the first thing Flash heard as he awoke that morning.

Getting up and getting dressed he walked out his room and saw a man in his late sixties standing at the stove. He had grey skin and grey hair, with a large scar over his eye. This was Grand Hoof, Flash's maternal grandfather. "Morning kiddo," he said seeing him coming out.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Flash asked. Grand Hoof was a detective for the Ponyville Police department and had recently cracked a case, involving an illegal smuggling ring for counterfeit Duel Disks.

"They gave my entire team the week of after catching those criminals," Grand Hoof explained.

"Great." Flash replied.

"You okay?" Grand Hoof asked. "You seem down...well, downer than usual."

"Just something on my mind," Flash replied.

"Anything I can help with?" Grand Hoof replied.

"No," Flash replied, "just something I need to figure out." He quickly ate his breakfast and began packing for school, as he grabbed his Duel Disk Grand Hoof saw it and smiled.

"So you getting back into Duelling?" He asked.

"I guess."

"What brought this on?" He asked

"Just kinda happened," Flash replied before heading to the door, stopping at another door and knocking. "Time to get up," he was then out the door.

With him gone Grand Hoof sighed and turned to a picture on the mantle. The picture showed a man and a woman, the man looked like an older version of Flash with green eyes while the woman had silver skin and purple hair, they stood close showing a romantic bond. "Sometimes I wonder where he gets that sullen demeanour from, obviously not you two."


Back with Flash we find him walking to school but his head was elsewhere.

<Flashback>

"In the heat of battle, a Duellist's true character is revealed," Cold said, "and depending on your actions, your insecurities become crystal clear to your opponent."

<Flashforward>

That Duellist hadn't even broken a sweat during the Duel, and had read every move Flash had made. Flash wondered whether he had had any advantage over him, or had everything he'd done been playing into his hand.

Flash was so focused on his thoughts that he didn't see someone walking around the corner and straight into him. "Oh, sorry." Flash instantly recognised the voice to be Twilight, who realised it was him and blushed. "We really gotta to stop bumping into each other like this," she said smiling at him only for him to give a frown and continue walking on. Noticing the downed look he was sporting Twilight ran up to him and walked besides him, before she asked, "are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Flash lied, "just having a bad day."

"Oh," Twilight said, "well okay. So, what happened yesterday? Did the guy show up?"

"No," Flash replied, "he didn't."

"Oh to bad," she said, "did you maybe find out anything new about Pendulum cards?"

"Yeah," Flash replied though he didn't sound exited, "they become Spell cards in the Pendulum zone."

"Really?" Twilight said her eyes going wide. "Well that explains why the bottom of the card is that colour."

"Yeah" Flash replied as they finally arrived at school.

"So what you doing after class?" she asked as they went in. "Gonna find someone to Duel?"

"Don't know." Flash replied causing Twilight to roll her eyes. Talking to him today was like pulling teeth.

The bell rang and Flash and Twilight had to go their separate ways to different classes. As she watched him walk down the hall she couldn't help but feel something was up with him, since he was back to being the same sullen guy he was when she first met him. Suddenly an idea popped into her head, that made her grin...there was only one person she knew who could make anyone laugh, and that was what Flash needed right now.


Flash sat in class staring out the window remembering what that guy had said about him.

<Flashback>

"Do you expect me to treat you like a real Duellist?" Cold Steel asked. "Without showing me anything worth watching."

<Flashforward>

But what else was there? Flash had his Pendulum Summon but what else could his deck do to win a Duel?

"Mr. Sentry." Flash spun his head around to see the teacher looking at him not to happily.

"Yes miss?" he asked.

"I apologies for my lesson being so boring that you would rather look out the window," she said, "but do try and pay attention."

"Yes miss." He replied as his face went red as everyone looked at him.

"That's better." She said turning back and walking to the board.


After school let out Flash was on his way home when he suddenly heard someone running up to him and yell. "Flash!" He turned to see Twilight running up to him. "Can you give me a hand with something?"

"What do you need?" he asked.

"It's hard to explain." Twilight replied. "I'll need to show you, but we need to go through the park."

"Okay." Flash said. He might as well since he went through there to get home.

"Great," Twilight replied with a smile, "let's go." And with that Flash and Twilight headed to the park, as Twilight lead them to the area he had Duelled against Garble at.

"What are we doing here?" Flash asked.

"We're here for a Duel." Twilight said.

"But haven't we already Duelled?" Flash asked. "Why would we Duel again?"

"First of all," Twilight said, "your allowed to Duel someone more than once. Secondly, I'm not the one your Duelling."

"Then who-" Flash was cut off suddenly when a high pitched voice called out.

"Right here Mr. Grumpy Pants." He spun around to see Twilight's friends enter the area. The pink haired girl he remembered as Pinkie Pie stood at the front carrying a pink Duel Disk.

"You?" Flash said before looking at Twilight in disbelief.

"First off don't underestimate Pinkie's skill," Twilight told him, "and secondly I think she can help you."

"Help me with what?" Flash asked.

"You'll have to Duel her to find out."

That was how Flash found himself facing off against Pinkie. He strapped on his Duel Disk as Pinkie activated hers forming a pink energy blade.

"Let's get this over with" Flash said as his orange blade appeared.

"DUEL."

Flash: 4000
Pinkie: 4000

"I'll take the first move," Flash said as he drew "and I summon Starbreak Dragon in ATK mode." (A1500/D1200/L4) "That's all."

"MY," Pinkie said as she spun around, "DRAW! First I'll use the Field Spell Balloon Jungle." She sent a card into the Duel Disk and suddenly the area around them began to change. The ground turned into a bouncy rubber while the trees changed into balloons shaped into trees.

"What the?" Flash said looking around.

"And who better to have in a jungle," Pinkie Pie said as she summoned a monster "then the king himself, so say hi to Balloonimal Lion." The monster was a bunch of yellow party balloons that had been shaped into that of a lion, with orange balloons used for its mane and its face was drawn on in felt tip. (A1500/D1200/L4)

"But it has the same ATK as my monster," Flash said, "if they attack it'll just result in a draw."

"Let's test that," Pinkie said, "Lion attack." The balloon animal bounced towards Starbreak Dragon. "Now I activate Balloonimal Lion's special ability," Pinkie said drawing two cards, "I look at the top two cards of my deck and add one to my hand, while sending the other one to the Graveyard." And she did, taking one of them and placing it in her graveyard.

"Whatever she drew is probably something important since she's giving up her monster for it." Flash said, as he watched the balloon lion pounce on Starbreak causing an explosion. "Now she's defenceless." Flash said until the smoke cleared and his eyes went wide, seeing Balloonimal Lion was still on the field. "But..why...how?"

"SURPRISE!" Pinkie screamed. "As long as Balloon Jungle is in play, during my turn all my Balloonimals are indestructible."

"So she can attack anything and she won't lose a monster." Flash realised.

"Next I'll activate the card I drew thanks to lion, Swing of Memories." Pinkie said. "Now I can special summon a non-effect monster in my graveyard."

“But she didn't have any monsters.” Flash thought to himself, until he realised she must have sent one there with Balloonimal Lion's ability.

"Come on back Balloonimal Eagle." Pinkie called as a wormhole opened, and out from it came a bird made from brown balloons with white balloons for a head. "Finally, I activate this card, say hello to POL-E-MER-E-ZA-TION!" She placed a Spell into her Duel Disk, as a portal above her opened up and sucked her two monsters in. "Now watch as I fuse the mighty strength of a lion with a winged flight of an eagle, I FUSION SUMMON."

From out of the portal came a new monster. It looked like a four legged eagle made from balloons with a yellow behind, brown front and white head. "Balloonimal Griffon." (A2200/D1800/L6)

"Fusion Summon?" Flash asked in amazement.

"Since I already attacked I'll end my turn there." Pinkie said.

"Pinkie's battle style has really knocked him for a loop." Rarity said.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash replied, "I always crack up watching her Duel."

"And hopefully Flash will to," Twilight said. She knew Pinkie was the only one who could show Flash the one thing he was missing about Duelling, how to have fun.

"My draw," Flash drew his card and saw it was Solaris. "With Scale one Magna Caster Lunara and Scale eight Magna Caster Solaris I can set the Pendulum Scale." As he placed the cards on the Duel Disk as the pillars of light appeared besides him, his two magicians flying into place. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory," the portal formed above him, "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

The portal opened and a stream of light shot out, crashing to the ground and taking the form of a man. He wore steampunk armour over a giant overcoat, a top hat with goggles strapped on and carried a giant steampunk sword as long as he was tall. He took a defensive stance holding his sword out and hide behind him

"On guard Magna Fighter Gladio." (A2100/D2200/L6/P4)

"Awesome," Rainbow Dash said, "a new Pendulum monster."

"Since he's in DEF mode," Flash told himself, "she can't destroy him. I need to hold out until I can draw Flash Heart." That was the only monster he could use to get rid of Balloonimal Griffon. "I'll end it there."

"My turn," Pinkie drew with another spin, "I summon Balloonimal Dog." A monster made out of red balloons twisted into the shape of a dog appeared. (A1000/D1000/L3) "Now Griffon will attack your monster."

"But Gladio and Griffon have the same points," Flash said, "and since he's in DEF mode you can't destroy him the way you did with Starbreak."

"Maybe," Pinkie said swinging her head from left to right, "it all depends on his ability."

"What ability?"

"When Griffon attacks I get to guess a card type and then draw, if I'm wrong nothing happens but if I'm right...then Griffon gets one thousand extra points."

"Seriously?" Flash said.

"YEP." Pinkie said hopping from one leg to the other. "Now are you ready, because I'm guessing it's a...Spell card."

Everyone held their breath as they watched her draw her card, it felt like an eternity as she held the card up and looked at it.

"Well," Flash asked, "what'd you get?"

Pinkie looked up and him, and grinned a goofy grin before turning the card around showing it was a Spell card. "It's Balloon Gale."

"NO WAY!" Flash said in horror.

"That's one thousand extra ATK points of my Griffon." Pinkie said. (A3200/D1800/L6) "Now go." Balloonimal Griffon inflated its wings to take off, flying towards Gladio before stomping on him destroying him.

"Now my doggy will attack you directly." Balloonimal Dog bounced on the ground as it made its way to Flash, before pouncing on him bouncing off his chest as he flew back

Flash: 3000
Pinkie: 4000

"Ow." Flash said sitting up.

"I bet that was the funnest attack Flash ever took." Rainbow Dash said smiling.

"I don't think Flash thought so." Fluttershy said.

"I'll end my turn there." Pinkie said.

"My draw." Flash said drawing his card and saw it was Reflection Guard. He then looked up at his Pendulum cards, "Once again my Pendulum Cards will carve the arc of victory," Solaris and Lunara opened the portal again. "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

A streak of light shot out of the portal and Gladio appeared once again. (A2100/D2200/L6/P4) "I'll throw down a face down and end it there."

"My draw," yet another spin as she drew her card, "and I'll activate the Spell I got last time, Balloon Gale." Her Spell appeared infront of her, "The mean side of this card means I have to pop one of my Balloonimals." Her Balloonimal Dog burst creating a powerful gust of wind. "Now the YAY part," Pinkie explained, "I can return one Spell or Trap card to your hand for every level my doggy had."

"But he was level three." Flash said.

"So three cards go bye bye." Pinkie said.

Flash growled. Since he only had three cards in the Spell and Trap zone, he had to return them. His face down and Pendulum cards disappeared as Flash put them back in his hand.

"Now I activate this Spell," Pinkie said, “it's called Shuffle Party, now we both put the cards in are hands in our decks and after a quick shuffle we draw the same number of cards." As she explained she and Flash did it drawing a new hand.

Looking down at his new hand he saw the only monsters he had now were Flash Heart and Lucidum, whose Pendulum Scales would only let him summon level three monsters.

"Now I summon Balloonimal Fish," Pinkie summoned a monster made of blue twist balloons shaped like a fish. (A1000/D500/L3) "Now Griffon attack." The balloon fusion monster once again took to the skies, before flying at Gladio.

Flash knew he had a chance to survive if she guessed her next card wrong. Pinkie placed her hand on her deck and thought for a moment. "I think it's another Spell card." She drew and smiled seeing what it was. "I got Forgotten Talent, a Spell card."

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" Flash almost screamed as Griffon's power rose and he destroyed Gladio.

"Now my fishy will attack" the fish shaped balloon flew at him like it was swimming, before slamming Flash sending him flying.

Flash: 2000
Pinkie: 4000

"Ooh," Rainbow said, "that had to hurt."

"I bet Flash isn't doubting Pinkie's abilities now." Rarity said.

"And finally," Pinkie said, "I'll pay five hundred life points to activate Forgotten Talent."

Flash: 2000
Pinkie: 3500

"Now all your monsters have forgotten how to use their special abilities."

"So all my monsters are powerless?" Flash asked. That meant Flash Heart couldn't use his ability. "She's too strong." Flash said falling to his knees, he could feel it...her strength went far beyond the game. It was like she was drawing power from something else.

<Flashback>

"This is why a guy like you will never beat me," Cold explained, "when you summon your monsters do you think about how they feel, about whether they want to battle?"

<Flashforward>

"Was he right?" Flash asked himself.

<Flashback>

"You simply summon them as if they're mindless puppets, because you’re not strong enough to fight."

<Flashforwards>

"I'm not strong enough." Flash realised. In his Duels against Garble and Twilight it hadn't been his skill that had won him the game, but luck and surprise. Garble had lost because Flash had pulled a never before seen style out of nowhere, while Twilight would have probably won had she known about Pendulum's going to the extra deck. Flash realised now that he wasn't as good as he had thought.

"Lighten up." Flash was drawn from his thoughts by Pinkie. "What's the matter?" She asked. "You haven't smiled once during this whole Duel you know."

"Smile?" Flash said getting back up. "Why would I smile? I'm getting my rear handed to me."

Pinkie looked confused at his question, "Why would that stop you from smiling?" She asked.

"Because I'm losing," Flash explained, "what's there to smile at?"

"So you should only smile when your winning?" Pinkie asked. "That's silly, like saying you should only Duel to win."

"Well why else should I Duel?" Flash asked.

"That's easy silly," Pinkie replied, "you should Duel to have fun."

"Fun?" Flash repeated.

"That's what Duelling is suppose to be for." Pinkie explained. "Duelling is a game remember, and why do we play games?"

"To have fun." Flash realised.

"That's right." Pinkie said smiling.

Flash thought about what she had said. In his previous Duels he had just been focusing on winning without even considering having fun while doing it.

"Look around you," Pinkie said, "we're Duelling in a big bouncy castle." She jumped down on her butt, only to bounce back up onto her feet. "And look at my Balloonimals," she continued, "aren't they the funnest things you've ever Duelled against?"

She had him there, he had definitely never had this kind of experience while Duelling. Flash's gaze moved over to Twilight and her friends as he saw then all smiling...no they were laughing. Not at him but at Pinkie, and not at her but with her.

"That’s is why I love Duelling," Pinkie said, "because the more I Duel the more smiles I make."

Flash got it now. This was what made her so strong, because she Duelled to make the ones watching smile. As that thought entered his head a small grin cracked on his face, not so small that it went unnoticed.

"There it is," Pinkie said, "knew you had one in you."

Flash's grin broke out into a full on smile. "You’re right Pinkie," he said, "I've been so focused on winning that I never appreciated the Duel itself. Well not anymore, I still indent to win but I'm gonna have fun regardless."

"Atta boy," Pinkie said, "now it's your turn."

"And with it I'm gonna win." Flash said as he drew and his smile widened seeing what card he had. "Now I'll set the Pendulum scale with scale two Magna Fight Lucidum and scale eight Magna Caster Solaris" he set his cards, and saw the two monsters appear besides him in the pillars of light. "I can now summon monsters levelled three through seven all at the same time. Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory," the portal formed above him, "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

The portal opened and two streams of light shot out.

"On guard Magna Fighter Gladio." (A2100/D2200/L6/P4)

"Shine your light of victory, Flash Heart Dragon." (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"You might have prevented Flash Heart's ability from activating," Flash said, "but Lucidum's Pendulum ability can still activate and raise the ATK of every Pendulum monster by five hundred.” (A2600/D2200/L6/P4), (A3000/D2000/L7/P4)

"Now Gladio can get some revenge on Balloonimal Griffon." Flash ordered, as Gladio raised his massive sword and swung it at the balloon animal causing it to pop and go flying around in the air, before dissolving into data.

Flash: 2000
Pinkie: 3100

"Now Flash Heart will attack Balloonimal Fish." Flash said as his dragon's boosters came to life, shooting him towards the fish as he raised his fist and smashed it into the ground. Balloonimal Fish found itself between a fist and a hard place as it burst.

Flash: 2000
Pinkie: 1100

"Finally," Flash placed a card in his Duel Disk, "I activate Double Strike. When a monster on my side of the field destroys a monster, I can halve his ATK points and let him attack again." (A1500/D2000/L7/P4) Flash Heart spun around on his fist and swung his tail around, slamming the ground in front of Pinkie sending up a dust cloud which blow her off her feet. But despite this she was still smiling.

Flash: 2000 (Winner)
Pinkie: 0

As the field and monsters disappeared Flash deactivated his Duel Disk and looked over at Pinkie to see she wasn't getting up.

"Pinkie!" Flash ran towards her hoping she wasn't hurt. But as he drew closer his worries were softened when he heard her laughing. "You’re okay."

"Are you kidding?" Pinkie said between fits of giggles. "I'm great, that was so much fun."

"It sure was," Flash turned to see Twilight and her friends coming up close. "So Flash, did you figure out why I wanted you to Duel Pinkie?"

"Yeah," he replied,"I think I do. You wanted to show me that Duelling isn't always about winning."

"That's right." Twilight said. "Duels can be intense and serious, and sometimes too much rides on them to enjoy. But if you only ever see a Duel like that, then your love for the game will disappear."

"I think that's what happened to me." Flash said taking out his deck. "When I was young I used to live in a neighbourhood where Duelling was about getting respect, not just fun. I used to lose so much that I lost my love of the game, but now since I got this deck I've been feeling a little better each time I Duel."

"Remember that feeling," Applejack said, "the next time a Duel becomes something other than having fun, remember what a real Duel is."

"I will," Flash said before turning to them, "thanks...I needed this."

"What are friends for?" Twilight said.

"Friends." Flash never had any friends before, but something about these girls made him smile at the thought. Duelling had given him the chance to make friends he'd never been able to have before, and that was something he was now thankful for.

Author's Note:

So what did you think of Pinkie's deck, leave your comments bellow.

PreviousChapters Next