• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,397 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,397

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 13, Frozen Heart pt2

The Duel between Flash and Cold continued. While Flash had Starbreak Dragon and three face downs, Cold Steel had successfully Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Summoned three Frozen Heart Lords to his field.

Frozen Heart Lord of the Sword. (A2000/D1500/L6)

Frozen Heart Lord of the Javelin. (A2500/D2200/L7)

Frozen Heart Lord of the Hook. (A2400/D1200/R4)

And the worst thing of all was that if Flash lost, then Cold would take his deck and there'd be nothing he could do.

"This is bad" Spike said.

"Poor Flash must be feeling terrified right now" Sweetie Bell said.

"I wouldn't blame him" Rarity said.

"Duelling against just one of those summoning styles would be tough, but facing three" Rainbow said.

"Whoever this guy is he's strong" Applejack said, "just wish we knew more bout him."

"Same here" Twilight said, "but I feel like I've seen him before."

"This is where the true Duel begins" Cold said, "Frozen Heart Lord of the Sword attack Starbreak Dragon" the sword wielding monster flew towards the dragon. It raised its swords high, before slashing them down in an X formation cutting through Starbreak.

Flash: 2700
Cold: 3500

"Now Frozen Heart Lord of the Javelin is free to wage a direct attack on you" he said, as his monster flew into the air and aimed its spear at Flash.

"I don't think so" Flash said, as one of his face downs flipped up. "I activate the Trap Beacon of Hope, which will allow me to draw a card. If that card happens to be a Monster than I'll get to summon it."

"Once again your relying on luck over skill" Cold said.

"You call it luck" Flash said, "but I call it faith. My deck's never let me down in a pinch," he put his hand on his deck. "Here we go, I...DRAW" he drew his card and smiled at what it was. "I drew Magna Fighter Arma, meaning I can now summon her to the field in DEF mode" the teen girl in steampunk appeared, brandishing her bronze shield. (A1800/D0/L4)

"ALRIGHT" everyone cheered.

"That's the combo that saved him when he Duelled that Duel-Bot" Scootaloo said.

Lord of the Javelin threw its spear at her only for it to bounce off.

"As long as Arma is in DEF mode she's invincible" Flash explained.

"Then I guess it's a good thing for me that when Lord of the Javelin fails to destroy a DEF position monster, it forces that monster into ATK mode."

"What?" Flash asked.

Lord of the Javelin caught its spear and landed infront of Arma. He then hooked it onto her shield, and with one good yank he pulled it from her grasp forcing her to her feet.

"That's not good" Rarity said.

"Lord of the Hook" Cold said, "it's your turn." The Xyz monster loosened its grip on its ice chain, causing it and the hook to fall to its feet. It took hold of the end and began swinging it around, before spinning on its heel bringing the weapon around and swinging it at Arma. She tried to defend herself, but without her shield she was no match as the hook sliced through her destroying her.

Flash: 2100
Cold: 3500

"I activate my other face down" Flash said, as his second card flipped up. "Starburst Draw, now since a level four monster was destroyed I can draw four cards"

This confused everyone. "But Starburst Draw only works when a monster with fifteen hundred or less ATK is destroyed," Scootaloo said.

"Arma's to strong for that" Applebloom said.

"That's why I'm using my other Trap" Flash explained as his last face down flipped up. "Code Change, now I can change one piece of text on a card on my field. I change Starburst Draw's text from fifteen hundred to two thousand, meaning Arma now fits the bill." Flash drew four cards and smiled seeing which four he had.

"I've accomplished all I intended to do this turn" Cold said, "so I will end it there."

Despite surviving the last turn, Flash still felt uneasy about those Frozen Heart Lords. "I have to admit you being able to summon three different ways was a surprise for sure."

"Limiting your focus to only one style limits your chances of victory" Cold said. "No one type is effective against everything, so mastering multiple Summonings will guarantee you'll have a way to win."

"I remembered what you said to me during our last Duel" Flash replied. "You said I wasn't a real Duellist, that I had nothing worth seeing when I Duel and I guess you were right." Cold nodded hearing the, glad the boy understood "but things are different" Cold looked up in surprise at that. "Since that day I've Duelled countless Duellists and seen how they Duel to suit there own style. I've battle against so many different monsters, and seen those Duellists own souls reflected in the cards they wield. And in each Duel I've changed a little by little. This is what Duelling has made me, and it's what'll help me beat you."

Cold frowned at this. "Is that so, then show me, show me what you've learned."

"Alright" Flash said, placing his hand on his deck. "I...DRAW" looking at the card he smiled seeing what it was, he took it and a card from his hand. "I'm using Lunara and Solaris to set the Pendulum Scale" he placed the cards on his Duel Disk, as the pillars of light appeared besides him being filled by his magicians. "With these two, I now have the power to summon monsters whose levels are between one and eight all that once. Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory" his magicians each shot a beam of light from their staffs, which connected and opened a portal above him. "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

The portal opened and three beams of light flew out and struck the ground.

"Howl to the moon, Shine Crest Magna Wolf." (A1200/D1100/L3)

"Get to work, Glow Craft Magna Fox." (A1600/D1300/L4/P7)

"Shine your light of victory, Flash Heart Dragon." (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

As the three monsters stood before him facing off against the three Frozen Heart Lords, the audience cheered.

"Alright" Scootaloo cheered, "this guy doesn't stand a chance now that Flash has his Pendulum cards ready."

"Hope your not to attached to your Lord of the Sword" Flash said, "because Flash Heart's skill is sending him to the bottom of your Extra Deck." A wormhole appeared below the Fusion Monster, which it feel through.

"That's one down" Rainbow said.

"I think not" Cold said.

Before the wormhole closed a icy chain flew inside it, latching onto something.

"What's going on?" Flash asked.

"My Frozen Heart Lord of the Hook's ability" Cold said. "When a card effect that removes a Frozen Heart monster is activated, he can detach one Overlay Unit and negate the effect." Lord of Hook pulled on the chain, slowly dragging Lord of the Sword out of the wormhole.

Flash growled at this, "fine then I'll take him out the old fashioned way. Flash Heart attack" the robotic dragon's boosters kicked into life, propelling him towards the Fusion Monster before sucker punching it into destruction.

Flash: 2100
Cold: 3000

"And now since my monster attacked and you have other monsters on your field" Flash explained, "the effect of Glow Craft Magna Fox activates. Now Flash Heart can attack again, with a power boost of two hundred." Magna Fox's tail tips glowed, before shooting off spheres of light that spun around forming into a glowing ring. Flash Heart leaped through the ring as his power increased. (A2700/D2000/L7/P4) "attack Lord of the Hook," the dragon flew towards the Xyz monster and sucker punched it like it did with Lord of the Sword, destroying it.

Flash: 2100
Cold: 2700

"And just like before Magna Fox's skill activates, letting Flash Heart attack again." Magna Fox's tail shot the light spheres again, forming the ring of light which Flash Heart flew through powering him up once again. (A2900/D2000/L7/P4) "now attack Lord of the Javelin," Flash Heart once again launched its attack and struck the final monster destroying it.

Flash: 2100
Cold: 2300

"And finally Magna Wolf will attack you directly" the large wolf leaped at Cold, slashing him down the chest.

Flash: 2100
Cold: 1100

The audience was cheering at Flash's come from behind lead.

"Wow Nelly that was something" Applejack said.

"With his best cards gone" Spike cheered, "he doesn't stand a chance."

"I wouldn't be so sure" they all turned to Twilight. She looked concerned at the way the Duel was progressing. "Don't you think that was a little to easy? After all his talk about mastering those techniques, he suddenly lets his monsters be destroyed without even fighting back."

"Maybe Flash just caught him by surprise" Scootaloo said.

"I doubt that" Twilight said, "he's planning something. And Flash needs to be careful."

"Since Magna Fox used his ability he's forbidden from attacking" Flash explained, "and the rest of my monsters are battled out for the round. So I'll end my turn." He smiled and fist pumped at what he had done, "how do you like that. I might not be able to Fusion, Synchro or Xyz Summon, but since I've mastered Pendulum Summoning I can still take you down."

Cold frowned at this. "You've mastered Pendulum Summoning...don't make me laugh."

"What?" Flash asked.

"You've barely scratched the surface of what Pendulum Summoning can do" Cold explained, "you use it to summon multiple monsters to gang up against your opponent. That's a cowards way of Duelling."

"What did you call me?" Flash replied in anger.

"You say you've improved your Duelling style, but all I've seen is that you've gotten better at Duelling like a scared little boy. You still hide behind your monsters, because your to much of a coward to truly fight alongside them."

"What's he talking about?" Rainbow asked.

"I don't know" Rarity replied.

"The fact that you'd call yourself a Pendulum Master is laughable" Cold continued, "you're a million years away from ever being able to call yourself that. I've seen what a true Pendulum Master can do, and compared to him your nothing."

"What do you mean?" Flash asked.

"Let me show you" Cold said, "what someone who has seen what Pendulum Monsters are truly capable of can do. I...DRAW" he drew his card and then activated it, "I activate the Spell card Icicle Crash." The Spell card appeared on the field and from it a sudden burst of cold wind blew, freezing the area around them

"What's happening?" Pinkie asked, as she and the rest of them tried to shield themselves from the wind.

The wind finally died down and Flash managed to see what was going on, and gasped at what he saw. The whole area was frozen solid, and from the roof five icicles hung. "What the?" he asked.

"Flash" Twilight called, "look inside them."

Flash did so and realised that inside each icicle was one of Cold's monsters, including the three Frozen Heart Lords, Frozen Heart Knight and Enchantress. "Icicle Crash" Cold said, "it allows me to banish up to five Frozen Heart Monsters from my graveyard. For each one I can add a card from my deck into my hand."

"So he now gets access to any five cards he wants?" Sweetie asked.

"He can make up any stratagy he wants with that" Rarity said.

The five icicles shattered as Cold removed five cards from his deck. "Prepare yourself, as I use Sol of the Frozen Sun and Måne of the Frozen Moon to set the Pendulum Scale."

"DID HE SAY PENDULUM" they all screamed.

Two pillars of light appeared besides him, where a pair of monsters floated up until they were ten feet above Cold's head. To his left was a blue skinned goblin creature sitting on a throne of ice, with a large sun carved out of the top and beneath him appeared a number ten. To his right was a similar monster, except it's throne had a crescent moon carved atop the throne and a one bellow it. "Now watch as with these to monsters I can cut through space time and carve my own arc of victory." A beam of light shot out of the sun and moon, which connected and opened a portal above him. "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

The portal opened and three beams of light flew out and struck the ground.

The three lights took the same form. A giant monster made entirely of ice, that were in the shape of a sphere. Suddenly cracks appeared on the front as the monsters fronts folded out into five points, revealing a face carved into the ice bellow. These new monsters now looked like a trio of huge stars carved from ice. "Behold my trio of Stjärna of the Frozen Star." (A2000/D2000/L8/P4)X3

"He can Pendulum Summon" Flash said looking catatonic, "how can he Pendulum Summon?"

"I've never seen anything like this before" Twilight said, she to being in shock.

"I now activate this Spell card" Cold placed the last card in his hand into his Duel Disk, "Frozen Crevice. Now the pair of us must select a monster" Cold waited for an answer but none came, as Flash was still in shock. "SNAP OUT OF IT." he yelled.

"What?" Flash said in confusion.

"I said select a monster" Cold said.

"Em I chose Flash Heart" Flash said, not thinking.

"And I'll select one of my Stjärna's" Cold said. "Now the rest of the monsters are destroyed" he explained, as his two other monster vanished along with Magna Wolf and Magna Fox.

"What did you do?" Flash asked.

"Frozen Crevice can only be activated when we both have two or more monsters" Cold explained, "it destroys all monsters on the field other than the ones we chose. It's evened up the battle field wouldn't you say?"

"Hardly" Flash said, "you just destroyed two of your strongest monsters. And since my dragon is five hundred points stronger then your star, you've put yourself in a corner."

"Don't be nieve" Cold said, "since my monsters were Pendulum Monsters they were sent to the Extra Deck. Exactly where I wanted them."

"What?" Flash asked.

"Now Stjärna of the Frozen Star attack Flash Heart Dragon" he ordered as his monster folded back into a sphere, before raising upward.

"Why is he attacking?" Scootaloo asked, "his monster's just going to get creamed."

"Now Stjärna of the Frozen Star's ability activates" Cold explained. "When he attack's his ATK points increase by the ATK points of every Frozen Pendulum Monster in my Extra Deck."

"WHAT" everyone yelled.

"But he just sent two monsters to the Extra Deck" Twilight said. (A6000/D2000/L8/P4)

The Pendulum Monster began to descend towards Flash Heart Dragon.

Flash stood frozen in place as the attack approached. His friends were yelling at him but he couldn't hear them over the force of the attack, as it struck Flash Heart destroying him. The force was so powerful that Flash was sent flying off the girder he stood on, and he dropped towards the ground.

Flash: 0
Cold: 1100 (Winner)

"FLASH" Twilight and Scootaloo yelled, as they watched him fall.

"HE LOST" the rest of them said.

Flash collided with the ground and came to a rolling stop.

"Flash" Twilight yelled, as she and the others rushing over to him. "Are you okay?"

Flash groaned as he got back up, "I'm fine" he said.

"I can't believe Flash lost" Rainbow said.

"He did more then lose the Duel" Applejack said looking over to where Cold had jumped down, "he lost his deck."

Flash managed to shakily get back to his feet, unable to comprehend what had happened. Not only had he lost, but now he would be forced to hand over the most important thing in his life. "you can't have it" he finally said, "I won't give this deck to anyone."

Cold remained stoic for a moment until he spoke, "if those cards were so important to you then why would you risk them on a Duel?"

Flash grew quite. Why had he risked them like that? He had been so focused on winning and getting answers that he but something so important on the line, without even thinking.

"The deck is mine" Cold said, "but I'll leave it in your care for now."

"What?" Flash asked, but he received no answer as Cold turned and walked away. "Wait" he called but his legs gave out and he was forced to stop and watch him go.

"I suggest you improve your skills before our next match" where Cold's last words before he was gone

"You better believe I'm gonna be ready for you" Flash called, "and I'll get some answers on who you really are."


Later on Cold returned to his office where the redhead teen was sitting at his desk.

"Have fun?" she asked.

"Just tell me what you found" Cold replied.

"The scans from your Duel Disk were received" she said holding up a tablet, "the energy levels from the Pendulum Summon held steady." Cold was happy hearing this, "but" he looked up at her as she held out the tablet. "The white is your and the blue is his."

Cold took the tablet which showed a bar chart with a white bar next to a blue one three times its size. "So that's it" he said, "even after all that work our Pendulum Cards are nowhere near as powerful as hers."

"What does this mean?" the girl asked.

"It means we have more work to do" Cold replied.


Meanwhile Flash and his friends were at Sugarcube Corner, where Fluttershy was checking him over. "It doesn't look like there's any serious damage" she said, "you'll need your rest though."

"Maybe you should go to the hospital?" Twilight said.

"And be stuck there for a week like you were" Flash replied, "no thanks."

Everyone remained quite as they all still had so many questions about that man. Suddenly the TV on the wall burst into life as a commercial came on, grabbing their attention.

"Welcome one and all" someone on the TV said as a pair of women appeared on a stage. The tallest had light pink skin and hair that was pink, green and blue, while the shorter had dark blue skin along with darker blue hair. "Our sincerest greetings to you all" the taller one said.

"We are your official mascots for the Celestic Cup" the shorter on said.

"WE ARE THE CELESTIC SISTERS" they both sang.

"I shine in the light of the glorious golden sun" the tall one said, "Celestia here."

"The magic of the moonlight is my thing" the shorter one said, "the names Luna."

"We are here today to announce that registration for the Celestic Cup is now open" Celestia said.

"Any aspiring Duellist is welcome" Luna said.

"And here to express his views" Celestia said, "let's welcome the president of Freeze Industries."

"He's also a former champion of the Celestic Cup" Luna continued, "and the sponsor of this years tournament."

"PLEASE WELCOME COLD STEEL" they sang as the screen cut to a very familiar face.

"It's him" Flash screamed jumping up off the couch.

"As Duellists it is our duty to stride to be the best we can be" Cold said, "and that is where the Celestic Cup comes in. Anyone looking for some friendly competition is in the wrong place, for this will be an all out war. And any Duellist skilled enough to make it to the finals, will be rewarded with more then just respect. They will be given custom made Pendulum cards that are being produced by my company."

"Freeze Industries are producing Pendulum Cards?" Rarity said.

"Guess now we know where he got his from" Twilight replied.

"Prepare yourselves for the greatest Duelling challenge any Duellist has ever faced" where Cold's last words, before the screen changed back to the Celestial Sisters.

"Wow what a great prize" Celestia said.

"I thought Pendulum cards were just a myth" Luna said in mock confusion.

"Not anymore by the looks of it" Celestia said.

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CELESTIC CUP" they said before the screen went blank.

Everyone remained silent as they processed what they had just learned.

"Cold Steel" they finally heard Flash say, "so that's his name."

"I thought I recognised him" Twilight said.

"To think someone that important is so interested in you Flash" Rainbow said.

Flash shook in frustration. He had to find a way to talk to him again, to learn what his deal was with him. Finally he made a decision. "I'm entering."

"What?" Twilight asked.

"The Celestic Cup" Flash explained, "I'm entering. It's might be the only way I'm ever going to be talk to him, to find out what he knows about my deck, to Duel him again.

"Then you'll need to do a lot a winning" Applejack said, "he's only going to want to talk to the top players."

"Then I'll win" Flash said, "as many Duels as I need. I'll win the whole thing if it gets me the chance to face him again."

"And we'll be with you" Twilight said.

"I was planning on entering anyway" Rainbow agreed, "just gives me more of a reason. Besides, winning means I'll have my very own Pendulum cards."

Soon everyone was in agreement. They would enter the Celestic Cup and win their way to the finals in order to speak with Cold Steel again.

"Okay guys" Flash said, "hope your ready for the toughest Duels of your life?"

"YEAH."

Author's Note:

And now Flash and his friends prepare for the tournament, I can't wait.

Also a quick note. Since I suffer from a combination of being from Britain, Yorkshire and the male gender. I have terrible spelling and grammar, but luckily a loyal reader by the name of SuperSonicHeroes has agreed to help edit this story and as already redone Turn 1 and 2 so go check it out. Thanks man. :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next