• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,397 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,397

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 2, Twilight Sparkle

The morning after Flash's Duel against Garble we find him in his home, an apartment building, cooking his breakfast as the TV sounded in the background. He finished preparing the scrambled egg and toast before placing it on two plates. He placed one in the microwave and took the other to the table.

"And in other news," the news anchor spoke, "we're just three months away from the start of the Celestic Cup, the biggest Duelling tournament this side of the country. Anyone whose anyone will be there and we managed to get an interview with the winner of the last Celestic Cup, Shining Armour." The screen changed to a man of about twenty, with blue hair.

"What do I like best about Duelling?" Shining Armour said, "I thought that would be obvious. The competition of cause, I love how every opponent I meet is different. They each have their own way of imagining the match, and I try to crush that image. And when I come across someone whose vision is as real as my own, I'm forced to reconsider my strategy. Facing a top contender like me is the ultimate test of skill."

Hearing this Flash couldn't help but think back to the Duel he had had, and how alive it made him feel when he performed that Pendulum Summon. "Imagine it." Flash repeated.

After breakfast Flash grabbed his backpack and headed for the door, stopping at one room before he did. Quickly knocking he opened the door and stared at the lump laying on the bed in the far corner, "Hey squirt don't oversleep or you'll be late." The person under the blanket just groaned in response. "Your breakfast is in the microwave." Flash said before closing the door and leaving, seeing the deck he had found sitting on the counter he made sure to grab it before exiting.


Flash arrived at Canterlot High but unlike most days where people just ignored him as he passed, the second he stepped through the doors he had all eyes on him. "Is that him?" he heard someone say.

"He's got some kind of new card type." another said.

"You think he'll let us see it?" another asked.

"Forget that," another said "I wanna Duel it."

Flash sighed hearing all this and just stared at the floor and he headed to his class, only to be bombarded by three girls. One had rainbow coloured hair, cotton candy hair and blond hair hidden under a stetson.

"Hey man," the rainbow haired girl said as she got close to his face, "you gotta show me how you pulled of that awesome Pendulum Summon."

"Err." was all Flash could say not sure what to say.

"Rainbow Dash," the blond next to her said as she grabbed the first girls ear and pulled her away, "you can't just go telling people to show you stuff, it's impolite."

"But I gotta know Applejack," Rainbow said as she pulled away, "that technique would totally kick my game to a whole other level."

"Yeah!" The pink haired girl said as she jumped around, "Pendulum Summoning looks like tones of fun."

Never had Flash been so grateful then when the teacher had walked in and told them to take their seats, this class was a triple period so by the time it got out, it was lunch time. When the bell rang Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Pinkie Pie all looked around at Flash hoping to once again get him to show his Pendulum Cards, but he had already grabbed his things and shot out the door.

Flash ran as fast as he could through the halls, hoping to get out of there before anyone had a chance to surround him. Eventually he found himself climbing the stairs to the roof, the best hiding spot he could think of.

He soon burst through the doors and ran straight into someone knocking them both over. "Ow." he said sitting up and rubbing the back of his head..

"Ow." he looked at who he had crashed into and his eyes went wide seeing it was the girl from yesterday.

"I'm sorry," he said getting up and offering his hand to help her up, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"I can tell." She said looking up and like him her eyes went wide seeing who it was, "Flash Sentry."

"Yeah," he replied trying to remember her name only to realise, "sorry I never got your name."

"It's fine," she said, "I'm Twilight Sparkle, you met my little brother yesterday."

"Spike?"

"Yeah," Twilight said, "thank you for that." she bowed.

"It was nothing." he said as he blushed in embarrassment .

"It wasn't nothing," Twilight said "but anyway, why were you running?" She raised an eyebrow, "you know you’re not allowed to do that in the hallways."

"Yeah sorry." Flash told her walking to the chain link fence and sliding to a seat, "I was trying to get away from all the psychos wanting to know about my new deck."

"Well can you blame them?" Twilight asked as she walked up and sat next to him. "I mean I'm pretty curious about them myself. After your match yesterday I spent all night looking for any reference of Pendulum Summoning, but found nothing."

Flash took the deck out of his pocket and stared at them. "So these might be the only ones."

"Possibly," Twilight replied before going shy, "can I...maybe take a look?"

For some reason, Flash couldn't deny her and held his deck for her to take. She cycled through the cards and marvelled when she found the Pendulum cards, "Flash Heart Dragon huh?" she said looking at the ace of the deck.

"Yeah I know," Flash said as he rolled his eyes, "I got the same name as a Duel Card hahaha."

"Hey you'd be surprised how many cards have actual names." she replied. "You wouldn't be the first Duellist to pick a card with their name."

"That's just it," Flash replied "I didn't pick it I found it." He went on to explain the events of yesterday.

"So the deck was just sitting there?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah," Flash replied, "and I have no idea who left it."

"But if that was the first time you used the deck," Twilight thought "then how did you know how to preform that Pendulum Summon?"

"No clue." Flash said with a shrug. "I just did it before I realised what I was doing."

"Like an instinct." Twilight said handing back the deck.

"I guess." Flash replied taking the deck back and then pocketing it.

"So what do you know about Pendulums?" Twilight said.

"Just the stuff I showed yesterday." Flash replied.

"Well then," Twilight said as she got up, "let's find out more."

"How?"

"How else," Twilight replied with a smirk, "we're going to Duel."


"Twilight's going to Duel the guy with that new deck type," was what Twilight's friends heard when they asked what was going on. All the students were running through the corridors on route to the courtyard, where Twilight and Flash stood.

The two were staring each other down as they prepared to Duel.

Twilight pulled a light purple Duel Disk out of her backpack before to her arm, while Flash just stood there awkwardly. "Yeah so, I don't have a Duel Disk." Flash told her.

Everyone just chuckled at this, making Flash blush in embarrassment.

"Here." He turned to see Rainbow Dash throw something at him. He caught it and saw it was a light blue Duel Disk.

"Er,,,thanks." He said fixing it to his arm.

"Just make sure you use that awesome summoning we all want to see." Rainbow Dash replied.

Flash set his deck into the slot as a red energy blade formed. He then turned to Twilight and the two stared each other down.

"Hope you’re ready Flash." Twilight said as a violet energy blade formed from her Duel Disk.

"Let's do this." Flash replied.

"DUEL."

Flash: 4000
Twilight: 4000

"I'll start," Twilight said as she drew, "and I summon Magician's Valkyria in DEF mode." a woman in magician's clothing carrying a hook shaped staff appeared. (A1600/D1800/L4) "And I'll end with a face down."

"Then I'll go." Flash drew his card and smiled seeing he had Flash Heart Dragon and Magna Caster Solaris in his opening hand. The only problem was using them in the Pendulum Scale would only let him summon monsters Levelled five to seven, and the only monsters he had were level three and four. "I summon Aura Spear Dragon, ATK mode." A large humanoid dragon with silver scales appeared. (A2000/D100/L4) "And now I attack your Magician's Valkyria." Aura Spear Dragon brought its hands together and a ball of spiritual energy formed, before expanding into a javelin shape which it threw at the magician destroying her.

Flash: 4000
Twilight: 3800

"Why did Twilight lose life points?" Fluttershy asked.

"That Aura Spear Dragon must have a piercing effect." Applejack replied.

"If that's true," Rainbow continued, "then Flash's dragon might have to change its battle position." And true to her word, Aura Spear Dragon kneeled down as it changed modes.

"I end my turn." Flash said.

"My draw," Twilight drew her card "and I'll start by activating my face down." Her card flipped up revealing a Trap. "Ritual of Rebirth, this trap card lets me revive a Spellcaster in my graveyard by discarding a card from my hand." She replaced a card from her hand, with the Magician's Valkyria in her graveyard and placed it on the Disk. The Magician reappeared on the field in ATK mode, "Next I'll summon a second Magician's Valkyria to the field."

A duplicate Magician appeared besides the other.

"You see Flash," Twilight explained, "when my Valkyria is out, you can't attack any other Spellcaster on my field."

"That's the same ability as Golem Dragon," Flash remembered, "and with two out."

"Then all of my Spellcasters are safe." Twilight finished.

"Twilight's using the same technique Garble was using." Rarity realised.

"Which will force Flash to use the only way he knows around it." Applejack finished.

"Magician's Valkyria one will attack Aura Spear Dragon." Twilight ordered, as the first magician fired a fireball from her staff which destroyed Flash's dragon. "Next, the second will attack directly" the other magician shot a fireball that struck Flash dead center.

Flash: 2400
Twilight: 3800

"I'll end my turn," Twilight said, "come on Flash you know how to get around this."

"She's right." Flash said looking down at his Deck. "Okay, let's see if yesterday was just luck or if Twilight's talk about believing was true. I...DRAW!" He looked at the card and smiled. "You all asked for it," he said "so here it is. I'm using Scale one Magna Caster Lunara and Scale eight Magna Caster Solaris to set the Pendulum Scale." As he placed the cards on the far sides of the Duel Disk the two pillars of light appeared besides him, and the two magicians flew up with their numbers appearing below them. "Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory." The portal formed above him. "I PENDULUM SUMMON."

The portal opened and two streams of light shot out.

"Howl to the moon, Shine Crest Magna Wolf." (A1200/D1100/L3)

"Shine your light of victory, Flash Heart Dragon." (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

Everyone marvelled at what they had just seen, some students were actually recording with the intent to post online. "There it is." Rainbow said.

"PENDULUM SUMMON!" Pinkie screamed.

"Wow Nelly is this gonna be good." Applejack said.

"Since I special summoned Flash Heart Dragon," Flash said, "his ability now activates and I get to send one of your Valkyria to the bottom of the deck." A wormhole opened below the second magician causing her to drop through. "And don't forget that when a card is returned to your deck I get to power up my Magna Wolf." (A1500/D1100/L3)

"Flash Heart Dragon attack Magician's Valkyria." The robotic dragon's boosters kicked in and fired him at the magician, before he spun around using his silver tail as a flail to destroy her.

Flash: 2400
Twilight: 2900

"Next Magna Wolf will attack." The wolf pounced at her, but just before he struck a force field of some kind appeared stopping him in his tracks. "What gives?" Flash asked.

"My Trap card is what gives." Twilight said.

"But you don't have a Trap card," Flash told her, "and even if you did Solaris's Pendulum effect should have nullified it when Flash Heart attacked."

"It's true your Pendulum Monster would have prevented me from activating Traps on the field," she told him, "but I can still activate the ones in my Graveyard."

"Graveyard?"

"It's a trap that can only be activated in the Graveyard, so discarding it was a smart move in my opinion."

"Discard," Flash thought before realising, "Ritual of Rebirth."

"That's right." Twilight told him. "Soul Guard, it activated when you declared a direct attack and by removing it from play I negated the attack."

"Sneaky." Flash said with a smirk.

"I try." Twilight replied smirking right back.

"Are they...flirting?" Rainbow asked creeped out.

"Looks like it." Applejack agreed.

"I'll end my turn." Flash said.

"My draw." Twilight looked at her card and smiled, "Pendulum Summoning really is amazing to see, thanks for showing it to me."

"Er, yeah your welcome." Flash replied.

"As thanks I'll show you my favourite Summoning style." Twilight said. "I summon the Tuner Monster Shadow Charmer." A small boy in black wizarding clothes appeared, his hat was so big he had to hold it so it wouldn't cover his face. He carried a short black staff with a purple orb on the end. (A1200/D700/L3)

"What's a Tuner Monster?" Flash asked.

"You'll see," Twilight replied, "but first I activate Shadow Charmers ability to discard a Spellcaster to my Graveyard and in return I get to revive a Spellcaster whose level is equal to or lower than that of my discarded monster." She sent a card in her hand to the graveyard and a second later her Magician's Valkyria reappeared on the field.

"Her again," Flash moaned, "she's got more lives than a cat."

"Oh that's nothing," Twilight said "next I'll tune my Level three Shadow Charmer with my Level four Magician's Valkyria." Shadow Charmer glowed before transforming into three balls of light, which each circled around creating three rings which Valkyria jumped into. Once inside them Valkyria became transparent. "When two mighty magicians unite their magical power an amazing event will occur." In that moment Valkyria burst into light, "I SYNCHRO SUMMON."

When the light faded Flash saw a new monster appear. He wore black clothing below a purple overcoat and a purple pointed hat, with the same star pattern as on Twilight's skirt. in his hand he carried a long wooden staff with a star carved on the end, "Twilight Sorcerer.” (A2100/D2800/L7)

"Twilight...Sorcerer." Flash said in amazement.

"Told you you weren't the only Duellist who shared a name with a card." Twilight told him.

"You weren't kidding," Flash said "but my Flash Heart Dragon's still got more kick then him."

"You should never judge a book by its cover." Twilight replied. "Do you know why Twilight Sorcerer is my favourite card?"

"Besides the name thing?" Flash asked.

"Like me he understands that knowledge is power, and that makes books the greatest weapon of them all." she explained. "I activate Twilight Sorcerer's ability, an ability that lets me add one random Spellbook Spell card from my deck to my hand." Her deck randomly shuffled before a card slotted out. Taking the card Twilight smiled. "Just the one I wanted." She placed the Spell into her Duel Disk "I activate Spellbook of Secrets, which allows me to add another Spellbook to my hand." Another card slotted out of her deck which she took "now I activate Spellbook of Power, this Spell empowers my Sorcerer with one thousand ATK points." (A3100/D2800/L7) "what’s more, my Twilight Sorcerer has his own ability which increases his attack strength by an extra one hundred for each Spellbook in my grave. (A3300/D2800/L7)

"I'm in trouble." Flash said.

"Too right," Twilight replied, "Twilight Sorcerer attack Flash Heart Dragon." The magician raised his staff and shot a powerful burst of magical energy, which engulfed Flash Heart Dragon obliterating him.

Flash: 1600
Twilight: 2900

"Flash Heart!" Flash screamed seeing his best card be destroyed.

"And since a monster empowered with Spellbook of Power destroyed another monster," Twilight continued, "I can add yet another Spellbook to my hand." Another card slotted out of her deck, "I activate Spellbook of Rebirth which will revive your Flash Heart Dragon on my side of the field."

"Wait your reviving my dragon on your field?" Flash said in shock.

"I told you I was interested in Pendulum Cards" Twilight replied, "and what better way than to use one myself."

"Twilight's as good as ever," Rainbow Dash said, "she's gonna use her opponent's own moves against him."

"And what's more," Applejack said "since Flash Heart Dragon is getting special summoned, his ability will activate sending Magna Wolf to the deck and will leave Flash defenceless."

Flash heard this and started to panic. How could he stop her, how, how?

"Where is it?" Flash looked back up at Twilight, who was staring at her Duel Disk in confusion. "Why isn't Flash Heart showing up in the Graveyard?"

Flash looked down at the Duel Disk and pressed the slot that opened the Graveyard, but like Twilight said Flash Heart Dragon wasn't there. The only monsters in there were Aura Spear Dragon, Magician's Valkyria, Shadow Charmer and a monster named Maha Vailo but Flash Heart wasn't there. Flash scratched his head wondering what might have happened, had the Duel Disk malfunctioned or was this something else.

He got his answer when he noticed the Extra Deck tab flashing, had Rainbow Dash left a card in there be mistake? Pressing the tab to open the folder his eyes went wide at what he saw.

"Come on" Twilight said "where are you?"

"You wanna know why Flash Heart's not showing up in the Graveyard" she heard Flash say, looking back up she saw he wore a smug grin. "Well I'll tell you, it's because Flash Heart isn't in the Graveyard."

"Then where is he" Rarity asked?

"He's right here" Flash said "safe and sound in my Extra Deck."

Everyone gasped hearing this. Didn't destroyed monsters go to the Graveyard, what was it doing there.

Twilight understood. "I get it, when Pendulum Monsters get destroyed they go to the Extra Deck instead of the Graveyard" Twilight smiled having learned a new piece of information about Pendulum Cards. "Since my Spell card only summons monsters from the Graveyard I can't take Flash Heart, guess I'll have to summon something else so I'll revive Valkyria again." The female magician once again appeared on the field.

"Well then I guess I'll have to end my turn." Twilight said. "Spellbook of Power's effect wears off, but with three Spellbooks in my Graveyard Twilight Sorcerer will still be three hundred points stronger." (A2400/D2800/L7)

"Now it's my draw." Flash said drawing a card and seeing it was a new Pendulum Card. "Once again my Pendulum Cards will carve the arc of victory." Solaris and Lunara opened the portal again. "I can summon monsters levels two through seven all at the same time, I PENDULUM SUMMON." The streaks of light shot out of the portal.

The first became a new creature. It looked like a furry orange alligator with bat like wings and metal tubes wrapped around its body, it's lower jaw and underbelly were pale and two tubes around its head seemed to act like horns. "Snap to it, Lumino Jaw Dragon." (A2300/D1600/L5/P5)

"Shine your light of victory once again, Flash Heart Dragon." (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"So Pendulum Summoning also summons Pendulum Monsters in the Extra Deck." Fluttershy said.

"Meaning no matter how many times Twilight destroys them," Applejack said, "Flash can summon his Pendulum Monsters again and again. As long as he has the right Scale."

"With Flash Heart Dragon's effect I send Magician's Valkyria to the bottom of the deck." The wormhole opened up beneath her and she fell through. "With that done Magna Wolf will get a three hundred point power boost." (A1500/D1100/L3)

"Now Flash Heart Dragon attack Twilight Sorcerer." Flash Heart flew at the magician and sucker punched him causing him to be destroyed.

Flash: 1600
Twilight: 2800

"Sorcerer!" Twilight called as she watched her favourite monster be destroyed.

"And now Magna Wolf will attack." The white wolf pounced at her and used his claws to slash her.

Flash: 1600
Twilight: 1300

"And finally Lumino Jaw Dragon will attack." Twilight watched the alligator like dragon take to the sky and fly over to her, before lowering its head and firing fire from the horn like tubes of its head. Twilight covered her face as she was bathed in holographic fire.

Flash: 1600 (Winner)
Twilight: 0

"Flash won." Rainbow said in amazement.

"He sure did." Applejack said.

"I can't believe he beat Twilight." Rarity said.

Flash walked over to Twilight and held out his hand to help her up. "Thanks Twilight," Flash said, "now I know even more about Pendulum Summoning."

"My pleasure," Twilight replied, "and thanks for showing me more about Pendulum Monsters."

Before they could say anything else, Flash found himself swarmed by other students all asking to Duel next. While watching this, Twilight couldn't help but giggle seeing his uncomfortable face, which didn't go unnoticed.

"Ooh," she heard Applejack say, "looks like somebodies got a crush."

"No, no I don't." Twilight replied blushing and hoping he hadn't heard that.

"Oh she does," Rarity said, "she absolutely does."

"Don't be ridicules." Twilight said. "I barely know him, he's just an interesting Duellist that's all."

"Keep telling yourself that." Rainbow Dash told her as the bell went off signalling the end of lunch.

As everyone went back inside Twilight glanced back at Flash, who had his next class in a different part of the school, and smiled. Maybe the girls were onto something.

Author's Note:

Tell me what you all think about Flash and Twilight's deck.
Also I'll be adding a OC next turn so don't hate me.

PreviousChapters Next