• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 1,707 Views, 10 Comments

The Old Glove - wolfgirl66



They say everypony will get their cutie mark someday. They lied. I never found my cutie mark.

  • ...
6
 10
 1,707

Chapter 1

I'm a young filly. I never found my cutie mark. About a year ago i still had a family. I'm purplish gray with a blonde mane and tail. I was using my horn to hold up a base ball glove, my favorite toy. My mom and I were playing catch. I went inside to get a drink, when it happened.


My dad came out of no where, and he raped me. My mom wondered what was taking so long and came in. My dad was arrested. She cried for weeks wondering what to do. A unicorn said she new a spell that could erase a part of her memory. It worked, but with a side effect. It drove her kinda insane, she forgot all about me. Her name is Pinkie Pie.

Now I just wander the streets of Ponyville all alone. I ocassionaly steal apples from Sweet Apple Acres, but this time she was caught.

"Who are you?" a yellow filly with a pink mane, and bow asked leaving the shadows.

I froze, I had honestly forgot my name. I remained silent ignoring her question, for I had no answer.

"Don't you have a name?" the filly asked curiously.

I decided to give her an answer to this one, "No."

The was a long, uncomfortable, awkward pause. I kicked at the dirt.

"Well, don't you have a family?" she was very pursistent.

"No," I repeated coldly.

This pause was longer and more uncomfortable than the first one.I had a family, but I couldn't stay with them.

"Well if you like, you could stay with me for a while. My names Apple Bloom!" she beamed, extending a hoof for me to shake.

"I'm fine on my own. I always am," I forced a smile, but hers seemed to fade as she lowered her hoof. Before she could say anything else, I ran towards the everfree forest to hide. I looked back to see if Apple Bloom had followed, she hadn't but when i checked, I ran into Pinkie Pie. I had just made it to the everfree forest.

"What are you doing in the everefree forest all alone little filly?" Pinkie said smiling as usual, "I bet if your mom knew you were here all alone she'd be worried."

"Yeah," I said holding back tears, "I should go tell her. Bye!" I ran towards town.

"Hey You!" a voice echoed from the sky. I looked up to see Ditsy Do spiraling towards me. She knew my whole story, and I told her to call me You. I hadn't realized it, but I was crying.

"What's wrong you look upset?" she said hugging me, so I told her what happened. She looked me straight in the eye, which is hard for her because her eye's are always pointing in opposite directions, "I want you to know, that it was selfish of Pinkie Pie agreeing to forget you. If you were my daughter I would hold you forever. I love you." I began to cough as I had been for months now. "Why don't you stay with me tonight?" I only agreed because Ditsy was more familar. I met with her at least once a day.

After that I treated Ditsy as my mom, but never forgot about Pinkie. I would see her from time to time, we were friends. I started hanging out with Apple Bloom, and her friends the Cutie Mark Crusaders. We wouldn't get our cutie marks from any of these, but they were tons of fun.

One day we were about to try hugging, when i passed out. When I woke up I was in a hospital, Ditsy was crying.

"She's awake!" Ditsy cried overjoyed. There was a doctor he asked everyone to leave, her said he had some news. I used a spell my dad taught my to listen in on their conversation.

"She has cancer," the doctor said, "She'll be lucky if she makes it through the day." The next and last person I remember that entered the room was Pinkie Pie. 'Haven't I had enough mental torture for one day,' I thought to myself.

Pinkie spoke "I love you Cutie Cakes!" she tossed me that old glove we'd play with in the back yard. She remembered my name, through a spell, something that I couldn't remember on my own, and the fact that she kept the glove meant the world to me. I was about to speak but my life ended that moment. I never found my cutie mark, but I found something better, the love of two mothers.

Comments ( 9 )

........... Ok? :rainbowderp:

ponies dont wear gloves.

Not bad. A few grammar and punctual fixes could be made, along with more spacing of paragraphs; though that last is more for ease-of-reading. Don't see how this got such a low score when there are far, far worse abominations out there. Your first ponyfic?

61548 Good show. Just keep working at it, you've got the potential. Anything else in the works?

And if you ever want/need help, just send me a message :derpytongue2:

61673 I'm actually starting a new story.:twilightblush: It'll be longer.

62071 Cool! Can't wait.

I really think you should have a description. The readers have to know. :trixieshiftright: is not amazed.

Login or register to comment