• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 2,793 Views, 59 Comments

The first Bastion - -Snackrifice-



A robot with PTSD ends up in Equestria and has to fight evil for his, and everypony's, safety.

  • ...
1
 59
 2,793

First meeting (unedited)

Bastion had been walking in the seemingly endless forest for days, maybe weeks, he wasn't sure. He rarely saw anything anymore. Since that pack of wooden creature that looked like wolves crossed his path. The bot just tore their bodies apart with bullets before leaving then for dead.

After an hour or two, he finally found the exit of the damned forest. Maybe now he could find civilisation and go back with his friends. The two builders were the only one who took him seriously. The others either hated him because he was a Omnic, the past of his brothers at arms or that his job on the battlefield was 'too easy'. He had more to do than just stand still and ill everything! He had to find a good spot, communicate with his team and he needed a good aim and be able to track moving enemies like Tracer.

Far away, Bastion could see a village. It looked small and lacking of any sort of technological advancement. Which was weird because the bot has visited the whole world with the battles. Even the poorest villages in the poorest countries were more advanced than this place. As he got closer to the village, Bastion noticed the lack of human being. Everywhere he looked, he only saw small colorful equine, some of them even had horns and armor!

Finally, one of the hornless small horse small him. She instantly screamed in terror, which in turn, got every other equine to stare at Bastion. One of them even threw a rock at him, missing him by three meters still, but it's the intention that counts.

The soldier looking ones came near him, weapons drawn. "Well would you look at that, another creature from the forest! I don't recognise this one but hey, we can use it as a warning for anything thing else that things ponies are weak preys. Well, earth ponies are, but unicorns are strong!" Said one of them. The obviously racist unicorn then drew out his bow and shot a single arrow towards the robot.

The projectile landed right on Bastion's chest, bouncing off without even making a scratch. He understood that, there weren't just innocent quadruped creature, they were agressive. Even if they were really weak. And Bastion knew how to communicate with hostile creature.

In front of the now confused guards who were clearly expecting the bot to run away after he got it with an arrow, Bastion changed his configuration to turret mode. When his transformation ended, he immediately took aim at the nearest pony with a horn on their head. He fired.

Bullets, blood, bones and flesh flew threw the air, the metal helmet not even protecting the victim for a second. The villagers screamed as the soldier's corpse fell on the ground. However the now angry war machine wasn't done. The other soldiers also fell, unable to do anything but hope for a quick end as Bastion tore their bodies apart.

The robot then turned back into recon mode and kept on killing. Stallions, mares, soldiers and villagers and farmers. Very few families managed to escape the wrath of the mechanical murderer. They ran away to the nearest town, hoping the alert the guards before the robot could catch up with them.

Their warnings were ignored by the unicorn and pegasus guards lf the next town. The guards simply disregarded the panicked cries as 'earth ponies being stupid and panicking over nothing'.

Their ignorance cost them their lives as Bastion eventually caught up to them. The fate of those villagers and soldiers was the same as the inhabitants of the last village. Most of them died and some escape, alerting the next town who finally took their warning seriously, slowing down the robot's path of complete destruction.

Things could have happen without all the death and destruction. It only took nine or ten fearful ponies to attack Bastion who then placed 'weird quadruped being' as hostile. His programmation told him to exterminate every hostile being and his encounter with Widowmaker angered him too much to fight his programming

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

The two alicorns were sitting at a table, eating diner and talking about unimportant things. Suddenly, a pegasus opened the doors and shouted "Your majesties! An important message coming from the unicorn guard camp who's charged with protecting the earth ponies' farming lands! It seems a strange creature appeared and started to kill ponies."

"Do you have any useful information about the creature?" Asked Luna who normally leads the Equestrian armies. Combat situation were things she was used to so she reacted fast than her sister, who is better at dealing with nobles and politics.

"Yes princess Luna, it seems to resist arrows and small projectile thrown at him. Swords and spears are more effective but it also has a way to heal itself, every damage dealt by soldiers is instantly repair and it keeps on killing without any problem. It can also attack at long distance with some kind of fire magic."

"Fire magic, please explain," asked the confused sun goddess.

"He points one of it's limb at us and we see fire coming out, but the fire stays near him, something invisible is killing the guards. He can also change itself. One moment is as tall as princess Celestia and can move around, the next moment it's standing still, smaller than princess Luna and using a lot of invisible fire thingy that kills everypony in his sight!"

"He seems quite dangerous, we must act quickly. Do you know where he is now messenger?" asked the moon goddess.

"The soldier camp is holding it still your majesties, giving the civilians enough time to escape," answered the pegasus, tired from his long flight. "However, I do not know how long they will be able to keep the creature in place."

Luna took a bit of time to think about the situation. "We will send more soldiers, we need to lead it into a place easy to defend. I'll send our fastest pegasi as bait to lead the creature there and our strongest unicorn to keep it there," she said with a determined look. "We cannot let it hurt our subjects any more."

"That seems like a good plan sister," praised Celestia. "I'll take care of the paper work while you go and brief the soldiers. Just one last question Luna."

"Yes sister dearest?"

"Where exactly do you plan to send the creature?" Asked Celestia.

"Oh don't worry about that," answered Luna with a giant smile on her face. "I know just the place!"

Author's Note:

Do I need a dark tag for this?

This happens a thousand years before the first episode of mlp. I just wanted to show a bit of what happend after Bastion's arrival in a unified-but-still-really-racist-Equestria. I'll write about Bastion in present-day-Equestria later.

Comments ( 36 )

I found Brad.

7754531
He's here, getting POTG against ponies.

Has Equestria always been racist? I know that robots can feel emotions but I didn't know Bastion can get PTSD. I also don't mind the dark tag.

7754829
That Equestria is racist because the three pony tribes united one or two years ago. So ponies of different races kinda hate each other. I'll get better with time.

If you watched the animated short 'The last Bastion' you can see that Bastion gets triggered when he hears a wood pecker that sounds like gun fire. And he gets war flashbacks or something.

7754849 Ouch. Bastion has his work cut out for him in that he'll be triggerered by anything that sounds remotely like gunfire, especially thunderstorms.

7754901
7754849
he has point only the sound of gun fire or something like would work. plus Bastion turn against to kill human before the war they use fight with the humans.
ptsd doesn't work like that it was a woodpecker's drilling startled it, reminding it of gunfire,

The projectile landed right on Bastion's chest, damaging but not killing him. He understood that, there weren't just innocent quadruped creature, they were aggressive. And Bastion knew how to communicate with hostile creature

arrow won't damage him. his armor titanium all it does bounce off.
plus he repair if arrow did do damage
bastion SST Laboratories Siege Automaton E54
won't attack pony and way become he only hate human!
if these pony would be Anthro then he would kill them!
http://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Omnic_Crisis

7754849 you got everything wrong the Bastion! did you do research on Bastion and Omnic?

7755698
Ok, I messed up a bit, but can't I change facts a bit? It's just a story.

Ps : I'll fix the part about the armor later.

7755766 if need help i can help! just ask.

Yeah I'm sorry but its critic time. First your making Bastions personally completely against what he really is, As in the Bastion short his combat program takes over when he heard what sounded like gun shots as that is what he was programmed to fight so being hit by an arrow would not trigger his programming as it does not fall under current time weaponry How ever magic and even cannon fire would trigger combat mode but ponies are simple and will run away the minute they know there outmatched which is every time a fight breaks out. Seconds your making him out as some mindless killing machine, which also does against the point of the omnics and what they believe and even the whole point of the up coming omnic crisis. Plus like in the short after he regains control he feels true sadness at what he did, calling out to Ganymede but when he doesn't show up he is really sad and alone. You seems to be looking more of the game side and how you or others play him and not on his real character.

These are just my thought you may not agree but to each his own.

7754407 sorry, was overwhelmed with finals and still kinda am, but you still need help?

7755766 can I use the intro chapter for a fic I'm planning?

7772762
Sure! Just mention me in the chapter's author note.

7772852
I forgot to ask before, but could you link me to your fic when it's out?

*GIANT LE GASP* NO WAY I FOUND A BASTION STORY AFTER FREAKIN 6 MONTHS THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7893571
I'll keep writing it, but it's gonna take a while since my overactive brain already has ideas for new fics. A one-shot that I'll start soon and two other stories. (One already published.)


Still, tell me what you liked about The first Bastion, maybe I'll get ideas to continue it faster.

7893808 Depends on which, the story, or the trailer?

7893823
The story. What you liked about it and what you think I could improve.

7893842 Hmmm... The first thing I notice is I didn't see basition's bird companion, where is he(she)? two, where is twilight? I don't know if this before the Luna's banishment or after it. Three I think you should make chapters less often but with bigger text's if possible. what I like? ohhh the whole story! I searched for such a story for a TON of time... Thank you, and come again! :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by -Snackrifice- deleted Jan 24th, 2017

7893927
Bastion arrived in Equestria before Luna's banishement, so that's why Twilight isn't there. Ganymede (the bird) will be there, but later in the story.

One one my problems when writing is that I have difficulties writing longer chapters. I have an idea for a chapter and I can't expand it over 2 thousand words. The only way that I have to do that is to put more than one idea per chapter.

7894527 Well, that explains a lot! Tanks a lot

Quick, GET THE BURDIE!!!!

The first bastion

Fic

8007602 this is the first bastion fic (solely on bastion) I have ever come across

8054434
I'll write more, but I'm working on a different fic and there is way too many things happening IRL.

But I WILL write more!

Come back, I want more.

7754599
When do you return to this fic? seriously, really everyone wants to see more of this

Login or register to comment