• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 2,776 Views, 48 Comments

Highschool - blobbo420



When a boy gets and unexpected visit from six strange ponies from another world.

  • ...
8
 48
 2,776

Year three

High school Junior year
Part three of four
A MLP FIM fan fic
Story written by Blobbo420

Chapter 1

We went back into the house and talked for a bit. They left about an hour later from their departure. I had to find something to do. I don’t plan on getting a job this summer for few reasons. I thought to myself “Maybe I should get a job. Last year wasn’t exciting.” But I had no desire to work.

“Well I should check around the house and clean up a bit.” I muttered to myself. First on my to do list was clean the basement. But it wasn’t in need of a cleaning. Next was to clean the kitchen. I had to thank the girls for not doing the dishes

“Well I guess they finally decided to make me do something.” saying out loud. The dishes were stacked real high. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief. How does anyone have this many dishes? Surely I knew this was going to take a good hour to finish. I worked faster than I believed. Next was the living room.

“Huh? it’s clean.” Saying in somewhat of a tone that I should've known but not guessed it. Onwards to the next to do on my list which was my room, check. Didn’t even have to bother with mine. Now what to do?

“Oh that’s right I’ve got to check up on their room!” I slapped my head forgetting. I open the door kind of slowly. “Holy mother of god!” I shouted out loud. It was a pigsty. There was stuff EVERYWHERE. Scraps of cloth for making clothes, party stuff was everywhere! Stacks of books cluttered. Don’t forget all the stuff Applejack and Rainbow Dash thrown on the ground.

“Thank the gods that Fluttershy was the only tidy one around” I said in relief. I looked at the bed. “Aww she left her teddy bear” I breathed to myself. She hasn’t left one night without it since I gave her it. So I tucked it under the blanket where she slept. I clean up most of the messed, Or at least just moved it around.

The following days I was pretty sure I would get some mail from them, and of course it did. I took the piece of paper that appeared from my eyes and read it.

Dear Alex. You will never guessed what has happen to us! My big brother Shining Armor just got married! But that isn’t the half of it. Some mean old princess of the Changelings intruded on the wedding. She appeared to be my brother's fiancee Princess Cadence, then she lead her minions into the capital, Canterlot. She took down Celestia and us! I feel as if we let her down. But my brother and his love pulled through and sent them packing! I love my brother, you should tell your brother that too! That’s if you can get in contact with him. Sincerely yours Twilight Sparkle. And the others signed it too.

“Well, I’ll write back to them.” I started scribbling some things that have been on my mind and signed it. I went in my room and pulled out the special lighter from Celestia a while back. I haven’t actually used it I think. So I set the the sucker on fire. The green magical flames swallowed it whole, and then it vanished. I wonder if they will respond immediately.

“Well I guess I am done with cleaning up for today” I told myself rubbing my hands together. Now what am I to do? Might as well go to bed since it’s late.

The next few days I received periodic mail from the girls, in which case, I respond to most of them. But one day I got some mail like the girls would, but addressed from some group of fillies. They called themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They wanted me to join their little club of three. They want to know if I had a cutie mark like these ponies usually do. Do I really want to involve myself in this? Just for the giggles I responded yes and sent it back to them.

The next few days I received random letter from the girls and this new group of fillies I’ve never heard of. They told me to try random things to earn a cutie mark, like ride a bike as fast as I can or go run a lemonade stand. I wish I knew why I am doing this, but it gives me something to do.

The next few days were peaceful and uneventful. So I went out for a drive. I didn’t realize what time it was. It was getting dark out so I headed on back home. I saw that Mr. Walter was parked on the curb of the street talking with John. I pulled in looking at them.

“Hey Alex, park your car and come here for a second.” John asked me pinching his nose. He seemed to be distraught. So was Mr. Walters. I got out of the car.

“What’s up you two?” I asked innocently. The Mr. Walter put his hand on my shoulder.

“Something terrible has happened Alex” He tried to be straightforward.

“What happened Mr. Walter?” I was getting impatient now. The anticipation was killing me.

“Alex Your brother is...” John paused looking for the right words.

“What about him? Is he coming to visit?” I was getting overly excited now.

“Your brother is dead” He finally told me.

“He.. he... he’s what?” Tears welled up in my eyes. For a second I thought it was just some cruel joke.

“He joined the army and was killed in action Alex” he was trying not to break down. “That’s why he left you that note last year remember? That's why he gave up his room. He wanted you to stop sleeping on the couch. And it worked I guess.” He looked to Mr. Walter for support.

“Alex. There is going to be no funeral either. They can’t recover his body, and if they did, they wouldn’t allow the public to see it.” He didn’t even take a second to think of better wording. I broke down crying as if a little kid just lost his favorite toy.

“John, help me get him inside. We don’t want anyone to see him like this. He’s in a delicate state right now.” They then lifted me off into the house and put me on the couch.

They tried to comfort me for the next few days. My tears dried up and I couldn’t muster up anymore. My tears turn into hate, then into depression. The girls kept sending me mail. I couldn’t bear to read or even open them. So John read it out loud to me. I wanted to respond to them and tell them what had happen but I didn’t.

A few weeks went on by and I couldn’t really do anything because I was so depressed. The girls kept questioned why I haven’t been sending the mail. John found the lighter and wrote to them.

“Alex I told them to keep sending you mail so you have something to look forward to, but I also told them that you’re having a hard time replying and that you WILL tell them why you haven’t,” and with that, he left.

Several more weeks went by and finally came the last week of me being alone. The girls are coming back next week because they want to see what’s going on. If I looked carefully they will be here a month before school starts again. That idea perked be up for a bit, but not for long.

The next thing you know they came. I heard the loud thunderous crack in the back yard. I also heard John speaking to them.

“Girls... Alex is in a real delicate state. So try as hard as possible to make him feel better. Me and Mr. Walter tried and failed many times.” I heard him. He didn’t even try to keep me from knowing. I heard them coming through the back door.

“Um Alex?” It was Twilight to speak first. “What’s wrong? Did something happen? Why couldn’t you write to us?” She asked trying to prod the answers out of me. They kept nudging me back and forth.

“My brother...” I was about to tell them then they interrupted.

“Your brother? Where is he? Do we get to meet him?” Pinkie Pie bounced in delight. She does that when she gets introduced to someone she hasn’t met yet.

“No Pinkie Pie you can’t meet him” I told her.

“Why not?” she was pouting.

“Because he is...” Interrupted again by her.

“Is he shy? Or is he playing hide and seek? I love hide and seek!” She was no in a sugar induced like frenzy.

“Pinkie Pie stop he’s trying to tell us.” Applejack stopped her.

“Alex darling please tell us.” Rarity motioned for me to continue.

“Is he here is all I’m asking” Pinkie Pie did it again. The other gave her an angry glare. She stopped right in her tracks. Even the timid Fluttershy gave her a cold stare.

“My brother is dead girls” I sobbed away in my hands. They looked at me in disbelief. I saw Twilight to start tearing up.

“Is this some kind of cruel joke Alex?” Rainbow Dash said angrily.

“No, I’m not lying. He is really dead.” I said again. Twilight start drizzling down her tears but wiped them as quickly as possible. Then the next few days they left me alone to weep.

Chapter 2

They had a group meeting that I wasn’t part of, but I can hear their hushed tone from the living room.

“Okay girls, how are we going to cheer him up?” Twilight said softly. I couldn’t help but wonder if they are trying to be quiet for me not to hear or to actually hear them. “Pinkie Pie you’re the best at making people smile so what should we do?” They asked the hyper energetic pink pony.

“I’m sorry but honestly I never met someone who had lost someone dear to them.” I can hear the sadness in her tone.

“Well, no matter what we do, I’m pretty sure it will help” Applejack said.

“We’ll do whatever you can girls” Twilight ended the group meeting. They looked at me with sadness when they came in.

“Hey girls, let’s go for a walk and discuss some things” Rarity said opening the door. They all followed and let me be.

“Oh why me god? Why must you torture me with death and sadness” I moaned to myself. “It isn’t fair. You took a special part of my life away so quickly. You didn’t even give me to say goodbye to him either” I looked up with my sore eyes. And shortly after I fell silently asleep on the couch.

The door opened and they were back. They fumbled around by the door.

“Aww he is sleeping girls. Let’s let him sleep here. It’s getting late we might as well go to bed too” Rarity said. With that being said they left me to weeping in silent sleep.

I didn’t sleep much. I have nightmares and lucid dreams of my brother. Saying stuff like he’s still alive. It’s been happening since the day I was told. Sometimes I wake up screaming for no apparent reason. This frightened the girls and they came out of their room to investigate.

“What’s wrong Alex? Are you having another nightmare again?” Applejack said.

“Yeah” I sighed. They sat there rubbing my back for a bit.

“It will be okay man” Rainbow Dash said patting my back.

“I’ll be okay girls, you can go back to bed” And I pushed them out of my room.

“Are you sure dear?” Rarity asked. I nodded and went lazily off to bed. And I just fell into my bed.

The next day they tried to perk me up individually. First was Rarity to try.

“Here take this” She handed me silk pajamas. “When I feel down, nothing feels better than wearing silk pajamas” She said rubbing the pants. I looked down at her into her deep blue eyes. They twinkled in delight. “Go on, put them on!” She shoved me into the closest bathroom. I put them on and went out. “How do you feel now?” She said looking at me in amazement.

“They’re comfortable” I managed to say. It made me a bit drowsy, then I passed out. I felt someone shoving me while I slept.

“Hey partner wake up!” Applejack said smacking my face.

“Ow why you hit me?” I asked rubbing my face. It stung as much as me feeling bad.

“Come one we are going for a walk” She said pushing me more.

“I don’t feel like walking” I complained. The fact was I hadn’t eaten a lot or drank nor slept. “I can barely even stand” I told her honestly. She let out a big sigh and left to get something.

“Alright I am only doing this for you so get no funny ideas” She came out with a saddle on her back.

“What are you doing Applejack?” I asked meekly.

“You need fresh air!You’ve been cooped up in this house for Celestia knows how long!” She yelled at me. “Now hop on my back and I’ll carry you. But no funny ideas either!” she said.

“No Applejack I won’t let you degrade yourself like this. Just help me stand up.” She lifted me up on my feet and we walked out. The fresh air did make a lot of difference. I felt a bit more alive. We were gone for quite some time.

“Don’t tell anyone that I was about to use a saddle to carry you please” she asked shyly. I nodded. Shortly after we got back home.

“Thanks” I said slinking away. I looked back and she was gone. I turned back around to see Rainbow Dash up close staring into my eyes. “Uh Rainbow Dash? What are you doing?”

“Oh sorry I was looking at you” She said looking away blushing wildly.

“You were?” I asked her teasing her a bit.

“What? No!” She yelled. “Come on let’s go do something!” She took my arm and tugged me away.

“Rainbow Dash! Where are you taking me?” I tried to ask her but she was quick to dodge the question.

“You’ll see” She just said. I couldn’t see where she was taking me. “We are here now look up! I want to show you something special!” She sprinted off.

“Hey where did you go Rainbow Dash?” I yelled out loud to anyone. I looked up and it was dusk. The sun was setting at a beautiful view. I heard a really loud boom. One that a jet would make when it hits mach five, then I saw a beautiful rainbow appeared out of nowhere. It came in a perfect arc.

“Did you see it huh? huh?” Rainbow Dash skidded to a halt right behind me.

“I saw a beautiful rainbow appeared out of nowhere.” I told her as if no one would believe me.

“You idiot I MADE THAT RAINBOW!” She yelled as if I should of known.

“Ruh.. Ruh.. Really?” I stuttered. She gave me a nod.

“Just for you! The only human to see my Sonic Rain-boom!” She said pridefully.

“Rainbow Dash that’s amazing” I tried to be enthusiastic but feeling bad lately put me in a downers mood on the best occasions.

“Ah come on!” She yelled storming off. I followed her a bit, but she is too fast. And I lost here somewhere. I headed on back home and it was still light out. I opened the door and sat on the couch.

Fluttershy crept out of nowhere and sat right next to me. She slowly got closer to me and laid her head on my arm, gently snuggling it without saying a word. The yellow pony did that periodically for a few minutes and the next thing you know my head was tilted and on top of hers. She sighed happily from time to time to let me know that she was still there.

“Thanks Fluttershy I am going to bed. See you in the morning” I said and she woke up from her little nap on my arm.

“Aww okay good night. Hope you get some sleep” She said yawning. She went to her room and so did I. I crashed out on my bed.

“Alex are you still up?” It was Twilight.

“Yes what do you want?” I asked sleepily.

“I was hoping you would let me read you the next book in the Daring Do series?” she asked shyly. I moaned a bit. Honestly I can’t fall asleep.

“Go ahead Twilight” I gave her the okay. She perked up immediately. Then she start reading it loudly. I really wasn’t paying attention to her. She got into it as if she was in the story herself. She went to some bizarre lengths reading it, such as acting parts out. After about an hour of her reading I just fell blankly and randomly asleep. She used her magic to tuck me in.

“Good night Alex. Sweet dreams” She gently whispered then left. I am glad she read to me. I didn’t get any nightmares that night. I thought to myself ‘did she do some sort of magic on me?’ But that couldn’t work because I was wearing her special necklace.

I started hearing clanking of some sort. I tried to ignore it as much as possible. But eventually I couldn’t stand it any longer. My eyes flutter open.

“Woah don’t get up quite yet Alex” It was Pinkie Pie.

“What are you doing Pinkie...” I set myself to sit upright and saw myself getting served breakfast in bed. She just finished pouring a glass of orange juice. Then she quickly look at me.

“Surprise! I’m giving you a five star breakfast in bed!” she said happily. There was a wide spread of items across my bed. It ran down all the way to the end of the bed.

“Uh... Pinkie Pie I’m not sure I could finish all of this” I told her looking at all the exotic foods.

“Well I didn’t know what you would like in bed. So I pretty much made everything I could. I hope it puts you in a better mood!” She smiled at me. I knew she wanted me to smile back but I simply couldn’t.

“Hey Pinkie Pie?” I asked her.

“Yes?” She cocked her head a bit trying to get me to smile still.

“Care join me in this amazing breakfast” I told her. She looked very disappointed. So we started eating the wonderful meal. I can’t stand to see her like this, all sad with her hair straight and not poofy like it normally is. And what happen to her upbeat attitude? We finish some of it and we were full.

“Alright I’m going to go now” She said hanging her head down. What is wrong with me? How can I make this pink pony frown?

“Pinkie Pie?” I asked as she walked out.

“Yes?” she replied half looking at me.

“I Pinkie Promise to start to be in a better mood soon” I said doing the promise. She ran and leaped into my arms.

“You know you can’t break a Pinkie promise right?” Tears are running down her face. She looked at me innocently.

“Yes I do” I said wrapping my arm around her head. Her hair poofed back to the fluffy state it was originally was at.

“Okay looks like my job is done! I thought it might take longer. Remember not to break the Pinkie promise!” She leaped out of the room in complete bliss. I let out a big sigh. What am I going to do with them? They did all this just to make me smile.

Chapter 3

The next few weeks I was enjoying the simple life. We would just bud around and have fun. Even though they tried as hard as possible to hide the fact that my brother is dead. Every so often Twilight would get a letter from her brother. She would cry softly in their room. She tries to hide the letters every time I try to comfort her.

“Twilight you can tell me anything. What’s bothering you?” I ask with utmost concern,

“Oh it’s... it’s nothing honestly Alex” She wiped the tears from her face and she would give me a gentle hug. Poor girl, she is trying to hide something that I already know. I left her alone to weep in silence.

“Hey Alex can we talk privately” Rainbow Dash asked me.

“Yeah Rainbow Dash what do you want?” I asked her while walking into a disclosed area. We got into an empty room where we kept hushed from the others.

“You should tell us how your brother died. I know you don’t want to talk about it but I think we deserve to know at least” She said rather quickly. I shot her a cold stare. But she was determined to get an answer.

“Ugh fine i’ll tell you girls. But after this please try not to bring him up. it’s hard enough to tell you girls how he died.” I said distastefully. She slowly left me in the room and fetched the others. They were bickering because it was Rainbow Dash’s idea all along.

“Oh Alex darling you don’t have to tell us. I know it’s none of our business getting involved with your family like this.” Rarity said putting her hoof on my hand.

“I’m going to tell you... But after this please try not to bring him up again” I said coldly. I told them the whole story. I truly didn’t want to tell Fluttershy. I went in what remote detail that I was told. They seemed a bit horrified. At least now they understand why I’ve been down in the dumps.

“I’m going to write to my brother right now. I miss him so much!” Twilight said with tears flooding down her face. So did Applejack.

“I’m sorry man, if I knew the actual reason I wouldn’t of made you tell us” Rainbow Dash hung her head, ashamed of herself.


“Don’t worry about it, I’m somewhat over it. Well I am glad to get that off my chest” I exhaled loudly. We left each other alone for awhile.

“Alex, come here immediately!” Rarity shouted. I think she is furious about something but I don’t know why. I walked in carefully not to upset her anymore than she already is. “What is this!” she held out a cape.

“Thats a cape from this weird group from Equestria” I told her. She waved it around angrily.

“Does this group happen to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders?” She asked.

“Yeah do you know them?” I questioned her.

“Yes! It’s my little sisters group of misfits trying to get their cutie marks. It’s my little sister Sweetie Belle, Applejack’s little sister Apple Bloom and a filly named Scootaloo.” She told me. Why is she getting angry then? “Oh I am going to... Er!” She was getting frustrated and trying to keep her cool now.

“So what’s the problem then?” I asked her questioningly. She didn’t hear me I’m guessing. “Rarity..” she interrupted me.

“THEY USED MY SPECIAL GOLD SILK ON THIS CAPE!” she yelled. I didn’t even notice the gold silking. “Oh she is going to get it the next... ERR” I laughed silently to myself.

“Now I know who these mysterious group of fillies are” I said out loud.

“What did they want with you?” She looked at me.

“They wanted me to join their group. They send me letters giving me little tasks to do and respond if I got a cutie mark or not. Which I tell them no every time. Then I stopped because...” I stopped myself from thinking.

“Trust me when I say this Alex. THEY ARE A HANDFUL!” She said. I just shrugged what she said off.

“They haven’t given me any trouble yet so..” I dragged it on. She just let out a sigh and left. The day went on without any dramatic effects from any of these ponies.

“Hey uh... Alex?” It was Applejack asking me something.

“Yes Applejack?” I asked her.

“When does school start again? I kind of uh... Forgot when it starts” She was rubbing the back of her head. She wouldn’t look me in the eyes.

“It starts in about next ten days or so” She finally made eye contact with me. She put her hoof on her hat and tilted it down as cowboys do for a ‘thank you partner’ sort of thing.

“What? Are you nervous or something?” I asked her when she turned around.

“Uh... um... What do you mean?” She told me back.

“You just seem a bit tense? What’s wrong?” I sat down on the couch.

“I uh... think I uh...” She paused a lot. It seemed she was trying find a way to lie but couldn’t. “I forgot pretty much everything from last year. So I don’t want to look stupid or anything” she blushed red like the red apples on her cutie mark.

“To be honest Applejack I forgot a lot too. They may just spend a week or two spent on reviewing things” I told her.

“Thanks for telling me. Now my mind can rest a bit so I don’t get too hung up on it” And she left. And the days went on as they should be.

Chapter 4

School came very quickly. The ponies were ready for their Junior year of high school. I even took the liberty to start Driving Derpy to school now. She hasn’t made much friends. Mostly because she tends to mess things up A LOT.

“Did I tell you that I am grateful that you’re driving me Alex?” Derpy asked the hundredth time.

“Yes Bubbles you did” I told the gray Pegasus. After the frustrating drive to school we’d arrived. And the first thing that happened was Mr. Walters calling me down to his office. I stepped in casually.

“Take a seat Alex” He said in a soft tone. I acknowledge him and sat down. “I know you’ve had a rough summer. And I need to know if you’re able to cope with the situation.” He asked quickly finding the right words off the top of his head.

“I am fine Mr. Walter. You should thank the girls. They... helped me through that time. I would like not to be mentioned for quite some time.” I told him casually.

“Alright if you need to talk to someone or have any problems please come to me first” Then he sent me off. I was alone walking in the hall. I heard Rainbow Dash arguing with someone around the corner.

“Hey look it’s Rainbow Crash!” One of the boys said.

“How did you get in high school huh? I’m surprised you’re even still here.” The other said

“Leave me alone you two!” Rainbow Dash shouted back at them. I turned the corner to see what’s going on. I saw Rainbow dash arguing with two other pegasi. If I remember correctly their names are Hoops and Dumbell.

“Hey what are you two doing to Rainbow Dash?” I shouted. This alarmed them then they saw me.

“What do you want human? This is just between us pegasi so get lost” He turned his attention back to Rainbow Dash. But she quickly ran right behind me and pushed me.

“Teach them a lesson Alex!” She gave a harder push and I ended up bumping into Dumbell.

“So that’s how it’s going to be huh?” He was getting ready to push me.

“Hey you two back to class!” It was Mr Walters. “And you two come with me NOW!” he shouted. The two pegasi ran as fast as they could. Me and Rainbow Dash stayed. “Okay Alex tell me what’s going on?” He asked coldly.

“Well Mr. Walter I was heading to class and saw...” I was about to say what I saw until Rainbow Dash interrupted.

“Don’t blame him! He didn’t do anything wrong. Give me the punishment!” She pleaded for him not to give me any sort of punishment. She was tugging at his pants giving him some teary eyes.

“Rainbow Dash..” I told her.

“Shh Alex I think it’s working!” she told me to be quiet.

“Both of you enough. I am not going to punish either of you” He said pinching his nose. “For Pete sake I just wanted to know what was happening,” he said.

“I was going to say that I saw Hoops and Dumbbell picking on Rainbow Dash. So I natural confronted them. And well you came at a good time.” I told him.

“Is this true Rainbow Dash?” he asked the rainbow colored Pegasus. She gave him a slow nod.

“They are just mean bullies. I’ve known them since I was at the flying academy in Equestria. They have always been calling me names and stuff” she admitted.

“I’m proud of you” I whispered in her ear.

“Well if it happens again let me know” He said to her and walked away.

“Alex will you walk me to class?” She asked shyly. This is the first time she was ever shy around me.

“Okay what's your class?” I asked her nicely. She said it’s English with Mr. Rogers. “Hey we got first hour again!” I said happily. Her head shot up with a squee.

“Yay! Come on before we’re late!” She yelled dragging me behind her. We got to class on time, just barely.

“Oh look it’s you two again! Welcome back” Mr. Roger bellowed. We took our seats and the day resumed like it normally does.

“Thanks again for sticking up for me Alex” Rainbow Dash whispered to me in class.

“If you have problems with them again let me know” I told her and that was the end of it. Now on to the next class. This is my last class of art. Of course Rarity is in the class so was Fluttershy. They smiled at me and motioned for me to sit next to them. I did so, then Jimmy came and sat next to me.

“Oh look it’s Jimmy again. Taking another year of art class I see” Rarity said to him. He gave her a gentle smile.

“Yeah can’t get enough art” He gently laughed. Then Mr. Dimmer came in and class started. I never had a class with Jimmy, which I felt kind of odd knowing that.

“Hey did you this is our first class together?” I asked him.

“Yeah weird isn’t it. We never had classes together” He told me. We both laughed then quickly stopped when the girls were looking. Then they started to giggle and we blushed.

I left for my second hour. Fluttershy was following me. I didn’t understand why but she did. Then I realized we had the same class. It was ecology with Zecora.

“Zecora!” Fluttershy ran to her and gave her a big hug.

“Oh Fluttershy I don’t know why, but you’re in my class, so I hope you pass” She told her rhythmically. I thought to myself ‘She’s still doing that rhyming thing?’. “Alex good to see you. We’re going to talk real soon” She told me right before class started. Then class went on with people having a hard time understanding her.

“I got to stay after class for a bit Fluttershy I’ll met you in math” I told her right as class ended. She nodded and walked by herself.

“Okay Alex I heard what happened. i’ll let you be nappen” She said. Of course she would. I’ve been exhausted from that time of my life.

“Don’t worry about me sleeping in class. You have a unique way of teaching that I love” I told the zebra. She smiled and handed me a slip of paper. It had her phone number written on it. Then she sent me on my way to math.

“Oh you finally got here” Cherilee yelled from behind me. “We need to talk” I already know what she wanted. She pulled me to the side of the hall. “Okay I heard what happen and I want to let you know, if you’re having any problems that you can come to me. Oh here have my phone number just in case you need help” she handed me her number and I opened the door for her.


She still had her amazing ability to get everyone's attention. After getting through her spectacular class it was time for the lunch. Like every year I sat with the girls and Jimmy.

“Oh Alex I made you a lunch this time!” Pinkie Pie handed me a bag. I opened it and smiled.

“Pinkie Pie you are so good to me you know that” I told her. She blushed a bit.

“Tell me if it’s good. If you’re lucky with your response I MAY do it for you every day.” She smiled as if she were going to do that anyways. I took one bite of the mysterious food. All eyes were watching me. It was the most spectacular food I have ever tasted.

“This is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted Pinkie Pie” I said while chewing with my mouth open. Rarity shot me a look of disgust. But Pinkie Pie let out a squeal of delight.

“You want to know what it is Alex?” She asked her head tilted a bit with half a smile. I thought for a second to think of the possibilities.

“You know how about we leave it a mystery?” I asked her. She nodded like a maniac. The others let out a sigh of disbelief.

“How do you NOT want to know what Pinkie Pie made you?” Jimmy asked me smirking.

“Well it makes it more fun!” I laughed. He shook his head in a disapproving manner. The bell rang and we left quickly for our next class. Ironically I had to go back to Cherilee for pony history two.

“Well well well look who is back. My favorite human student Alex and his accomplice Jimmy.” She pointed Jimmy who had secretly been following me since lunch ended.

“Why didn’t you walk with me you idiot” I teased him.

“Trying to avoid being spotted” Now he's starting to act like Pinkie Pie when she was trying to prank me. I didn’t even know there was more to learn in pony history. But I was lucky enough to get it again.

After class I had to stop by the principals office. He just wanted me to check up on with him.

“Hey bud hows the day going?” He asked with concern.

“I’m fine Mr. Walter” I told him regarding his question.

“Okay then I’m going to check up on you from time to time. So you don’t do anything stupid.” He told me to leave.

Then I came to my fifth hour. Which it was astronomy. I saw Twilight waiting for me.

“Hey Alex! I was waiting for you! come one we’ve got astronomy!” She grabbed me and dragged me in the room. “Wait where’s the teacher?” She asked looking around the room.

“Why if it’s the pitiful and weak Twilight Sparkle” Someone said from behind.

“Oh no” Twilight sighed. I turned around to see some unicorn who looked like as if she was a street magician of some sort.

“Looks like you’re going to be my student from now on TWILIGHT” She laughed hysterically. Then she turned her attention to me. “Are you her friend?” She asked.

“Yes why? Are you two some old friends or something?” I asked looking at Twilight.

“Ha! hardly be prepared for the hardest class of your lives!” She laughed getting in front of the class. “Hello students I am your Instructor. THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!” She yelled out loud. I notice the other girls were in the class as well. The gang was all here. They seemed really upset. Especially Fluttershy. She cowered in her seat.

“Sorry I am late Teach I just got through registrations for the school and...” It was some sort of bird eagle pony. “You gotta be kidding me? Why are you I’m Mean all of you in my class?” The eagle pony yelled pointing the the girls.

“And who might you be?” Trixie asked the weird pony eagle.

“I’m Gilda the Griffon” She said proudly. The teacher and student immediately had a bond. In which both disliked us. We sat opposite side from Gilda, me being in the middle of them. They had little fights that went nowhere. The fact that Trixie did nothing about them proves her dislike of the girls. And after the long class period that seemed to go nowhere, the class ended.

“Oh this is going to be the worst year yet!” Rainbow Dash complained. The girls went off on their own and it ended up that I had Trixie for my next class as well. Which was a Spanish class. I decided that I should try out a new language. But it’s going to be tough having Trixie as the teacher. How is she a Spanish teacher anyways. She spoke it fluently which took me by surprise.


“Alex!” She swatted a ruler on my desk. “You better stop daydreaming and pay attention or the next time it’s the principal's office!” she yelled with fury. Now all the other students looked at me going ‘ooo’.

The class ended in the worst way imaginable. Apparently I am failing the class already. She told me if I don’t get my act straight. I sighed and went to where I parked to which the girls were waiting for me.

“Well girls prepare for a long semester” I moaned to them. They gave me the same response.

“We’ve got two horrible people to deal with. And both are in the same boat of torturing us” Applejack said. Then with them each finishing their complaints we got home.

Chapter 5

The weeks went by. They have been on and off. Some days were bad and some were good. They were tons of clashes between Gilda and the girls. Same with Trixie and the girls. But Halloween was around the girls and they were excited.

“Oh Halloween again!” Pinkie Pie squeals in delight.

“Yeah I can’t wait either Pinkie Pie!” Twilight eagerly said.

“Well girls it’s not exactly like the Halloween you’ve come to love and know” Said trying to get them to sit down.

“So wait there is no Halloween this year?” Pinkie Pie moaned as if it were the end.

“Not exactly Pinkie Pie. This year, few of the neighborhood parents and some others decided to have a giant block party. So it’s just a festival with games, candy, and all things that involve Halloween into a party” I said rubbing my hands together. I watched as Pinkie Pie’s mouth open wider and wider with a smile.

“PARTY!” She yelled bouncing around. You can never really mention party without having her overact. She left and put her costume on. The pink pony is going out as the joker.

“John is the head of it so if you girls have any questions please go see him.” I told them. First one to leave, of course, was Pinkie Pie. I guess the others understood what it was. The block party got set up rather quickly. I never known that John was a professional coordinator.

“Hey Alex do you have a costume this time?” Twilight asked me from behind.

“Yes I do have a costume this year Twilight” I turned and smiled at her. I left to go put it on. It was simple and common. At least it’s better than being a vampire. I left my room with my costume on.

“So you’re going as a pirate this year” Applejack said from around the corner. I turned to look at her. She was dressed in a suit of armor. I could tell it’s her only from her voice.

“Yeah I had no idea what to be so I found the first thing that I could fit in at the store.” I told the armored pony. I wonder if she is dress up as the royal guard for the queen or something. But a couple of ponies did the same thing and hers didn’t look like anything



“Well let’s get this nightmare... I mean Halloween night going!” She hollered. She ran off out of the house and into the crowd of people. I left the house in search of any of the girls.

“Come on Alex this way” One of them shouted.

“No this way come on!” Another shouted. Then I saw Twilight in the crowd and I walked after her. She dodged around the people swiftly like she was used to it.

“Twilight wait up” She stopped and look at me. I just looked at her costume. This year she was a vampire. I laugh silently to myself.

“Woah didn’t see you there Alex. How you enjoying the night?” She asked I gave her a shrug because I haven’t done anything yet.

“I haven’t done anything yet Twilight. I don’t want to be alone so I found you” I told her, She smiled and we walked around together.

“Alex can you get me some cotton candy?” The purple unicorn asked me. I pulled out my wallet and paid the man the money. He handed me a perfectly pink cotton candy swirl. As I handed her, Pinkie Pie sprang in action out of nowhere. She snagged the cotton candy out of my hands and ate it.

“Thanks Alex! That was delicious.” She thanked me then quickly left without apologizing to Twilight. I looked at her and looked a bit teary eyed.

“What’s wrong Twilight?” I asked her.

“Oh you paid for that cotton candy for me. I really want it but you probably don’t want to spend more one me” She looked down to the ground disappointed. They guy wouldn’t let me get another one for free.

“I’ll get you one don’t worry Twilight” I gave more money to him and got her another perfectly swirled cotton candy.

“Oh you didn’t have too Alex!” She said blushing shyly at me.

“Don’t worry now let’s go find some games to play!” I said tugging on her hoof. We found Applejack near the apple bobbing barrel.





“Oh there you are” The armored pony yelled towards us. I notice Fluttershy right next to her. She was dress up like a butterfly. She even got into it and started floating around a bit. Applejack finally took off her helmet. “How about you bob for an apple Alex?” she asked me. I have none done this before so I stuck my head in the water and tried to get an apple. Someone shoved my head deeper in the water. I quickly jerked back coughing up water.

“Hahaha you suck at this game!” It was Gilda. She was too lazy to even put a costume on.

“Nah I ain’t gonna stand by and let my friend get harassed like this” Applejack stood up for me. She looked very menacing now.

“Now Applejack don’t stand up for what Alex deserved for his shortcomings” Trixie appeared from behind Gilda. They argued for a few minutes while I was still coughing from the incident. Fluttershy kept rubbing my back to help with the coughing. They left and Applejack raised her hoof to my head.

“Come one Alex lets go have some fun” I grabbed the country ponies hoof and she raised me to my feet. “How are you feeling” She asked.

“I’m okay” I gave off one final cough. “How come Gilda is so mean to me?” I asked the girls.

“She’s been like that when Rainbow Dash set up a series of pranks on her. She flipped out on Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash stood up for her. After that she became really sour” Twilight told me. Now I had an idea that may help me in the future.

“Hey I just heard what happen to you man” Rainbow Dash flew from overhead. She was dressed like a pirate too. “I wish she could just get over it.” She said rolling her eyes..

“Ay ay captain” I said saluting her. She raised her in question. She looked me over for a second then herself.

“As my first mate we must go plunder!” She yelled and pulled me along leaving the others behind. I didn’t see where she took me, but after awhile we stopped.

“Oh hey you guys dressed up like pirates too!” It was Derpy dressed like a pirate too.

“Bubbles you should join the crew or I make you walk the plank!” Rainbow Dash said in her poorly made pirate voice. Derpy accepted the invitation. Now we are a small pirate crew. We played some of the few games they had out. We caught up with Applejack again.

“Hey Rainbow Dash!” The apple pony shouted. “You think you can best me in this here Test Your Strength machine?” She challenge our captain.

“Oh ho you’re on Applejack! Prepare to walk the plank!” She ran to her. First Rainbow Dash tested the strength machine. She managed to hit the bell. “Can you beat that Applejack?” She remarked walking past her. She whipped her tail in her face.

“Now watch the master at work her” She said. She picked up the hammer and swung down. It went up with violent force. A loud ding came and a loud thud when it hit the bottom. Rainbow Dash mouth was wide open looking at the bell. I looked up and saw that Applejack dented it. Then it was Applejack's turn to whip her tail in her face.

“Hey have you seen Rarity” I asked randomly. “I haven’t seen her since we left the house”

“The last I saw her she was doing face paints for some kids” Applejack pointed in a general direction. I took my leave of my pirate crew and headed off for better plunder.

“Oh Alex! Please be a darling and hand me the black paint!” Rarity yelled from across the field. She was dressed up as some sort of superhero. I handed her the black paint and she finished the touch up on a little filly’s face.

“What are you exactly Rarity?” I asked looking at her costume.

“Oh I wasn’t sure if I should wear it because it ties in with Rainbow Dash in a poor manner. It’s the mysterious mare-do-well. At one point during the break Rainbow Dash was revered as a hero in pony-ville. She went around gloating and showing off her fame. So I designed this to put her in her place. Which ended up making her really upset when she was out shined” She told me. I never thought Rainbow Dash as a hero.

“That’s actually pretty cool Rarity. You designed a superhero on accident.” She started blushing. I checked my phone and the festivities were going to end soon. “Oh Rarity it’s getting late. Lets find the others and head home.” I asked her. She nodded and we ventured off looking for the others. We got together with Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Applejack and Fluttershy.

“Now where in the sam hill is Rainbow Dash?” Applejack said frustratingly. We search high and we searched low. We eventually found her with Derpy and some little colt.

“There you are Rainbow Dash!” Rarity waved to her. She turned around and gave a displeasing look.

“Oh did you come to join our crew good sir” The little colt asked.

“What do you mean? I am already part of the crew.... uh” I was trying to get a name.



“It’s Pipsqueak the pirate! and this is my first Halloween since I got here!” He waved his wooden sword around. The little pony fell down. His parents came and got him. “Oh I’ll see you guys around!” He waved back at us. I didn’t realize but Rainbow dash and Rarity were fighting right behind me. It was about Rarity’s costume. I didn’t get involved

“Ready to go home girls?” I asked them. They stopped what they were doing and followed right behind me. I opened the door for them and closed it.

“Well I’m going to bed now” Rainbow Dash yawned. They all followed right behind her. I went off to my room and did the same.

School came as quickly as it went. The periodic bullying continued, at least it wasn’t towards my friends. Instead I was the victim. Gilda was the one who physically harmed me, like a simple push or yelling at me. Hoops and Dumbell only playful teased me.

“Just two more days then we are on thanksgiving break” Rainbow Dash said happily and eagerly.

“Yeah we do deserve a break from all this riff raff” Rarity told her.

“Girls the only one who deserves a break is Alex” Twilight pointed at them. “He is been through a lot with what happen over the summer and school.” She said unhappily.

“Yeah Rarity is right though. We all deserve some R and R” I told the ponies. All but Fluttershy nodded. I guess she believes I am the only one who should be getting time off. I was surprised that the rest of the time in school went off without anything happening of great importance. I had plans, somewhat big, but nonetheless a plan. When the girls were off enjoying their time off, I went off in preparations for Thanksgiving. I sent invites to a few people who I am truly thankful for them being in my life.

“And that’s the last one. Now just to..” I said out loud before someone interrupted.

“Uh... Um... Alex? What are you doing?” I turned around to see Fluttershy trying to look at the invitations.

“Just some invitations Fluttershy. I have decide that you girls earned a real Thanksgiving. I’m inviting a few people to join us.” I told her putting the final touches on the letters.

“What do you mean by real Thanksgiving?” She asked me.




“Well we never really even attempted at Thanksgiving. Usually me and... my brother...” I took an awkward pause. She look at me as if I were about to break down and she was ready to comfort me. “I’m sorry” I said getting my bearings. She drew closer to me. “Uh... like I was saying. It’s a time where you spend time with your close friends and family. So I am inviting a few of our friends over who I care about.” I told her.

“Well I’ll let the others know. Well if you want me to that is...” She asked me shyly.

“Oh please do I am going to give these to the people. And I will be back in about an hour or two” I said taking the keys to my car. Then I left her to go tell the other ponies what’s going down. I swung by Johns house to give him his, but he wasn’t home so I left it in his mailbox. I got into my car and drove to Jimmy’s. He lived in a two story house with a white picket fence and a tire hanging from the tree in his front yard. It seemed like the old version of the dream American house. I got out and was immediately greeted.

“Oh hey Alex what brings you here?” He asked swinging the door open.

“Hey Jimmy just swung by and give you an invitation to have Thanksgiving with me and the girls.” I handed him the card, but he already had plans.

“Sorry I got plans. But if you do it next year I AM THERE!” He told me waving me goodbye. Up next was Mr. Walter. He lived somewhere a bit out of the city. I followed the directions on my gps. And what I saw just plain out shocked me.

“Hello sir? How may we help you?” A voice asked out of nowhere. I looked to the side and say one of those speakers for rich people.

“Uh... I am here to see Mr. Walters” I said stuttering. The gates swung open and I was welcomed into his big fancy mansion. I pulled in and the butler opened the door for me and asked if he may park my car somewhere more suitable. I told him i’ll be in an out. I walked in looking around the fancy mansion.

“Hey Alex What are you doing here buddy?” Mr. Walter yelled down the giant staircase.

“Oh I wanted to ask if you want to spend Thanksgiving with me and the girls?” I asked him giving him the invitation.

“Yeah sure i’ll love to come” He shook my hand and I left. I really want to know what he did to get this mansion. Next and not least was Derpy. I drove back to the neighborhood. I passed by her house and she was napping in the sun on her hammock.

“Hey Bubbles are you sleeping?” I asked softly to make sure she was sleeping.

“Uh... huh? Oh Alex uh... How are you?” She sat up to face me. “Oh what’s that you got in your hand? is that mail? Do you want me to deliver it? I’m a delivery mare in Equestria FYI” She gloated grabbing the mail. “Oh it’s for me? You want me to celebrate thanksgiving with you and the others? YES! I have nothing else to do so count me in!” She happily bounced up and down. I left waving to her and headed straight back to the house. I got back shortly after leaving Derpy’s home. I saw John waiting for me on his front porch.

“Hey Alex can we talk for a minute” He hollered at me. I parked the car and got out so I can head for him. Then Pinkie Pie stopped me.

“Welcome back Alex!” She greeted me with a big hug. “So you’re throwing a party for us?” She questioned me.

“Not really a party Pinkie Pie. Just celebrate Thanksgiving with our friends.” I told her UN-clinging her from me. “I have to talk to John real quickly please go back for a minute.” I told her directing her to the house. I walked over to him.

“Hey I would love to come Alex” He slapped my back. “But how are you going about doing this?” He asked me. I honestly had no idea. It’s been a long time since I’ve done anything like this.

“Well I am guessing the girls will want to do everything. So I’ll tell them what to do.” I told him. “But I’m going to call Cherilee to see if she would come because I don’t have her address. I called the pink pony teacher up and asked her if she will come. Being the best teacher in the world, she said yes. I headed back and the girls were waiting for me.

“So what are we going to do about this party?” Twilight questioned me. I told them to get some stuff out. And the rest of the day we prepared for the next day.

The day came and things were not going according to plan. Rarity is trying to work with Rainbow Dash getting a single decoration in place.

“No no no more to the right. Wait back a bit to the left” She was trying to center the welcome sign.

“Rarity make up your mind!” Rainbow Dash yelled at her.

“Perfect Rainbow Dash. You have an eye for fashion you know that?” She said randomly. I checked on the food preparation. Deserts and pie were getting done nicely. I checked on the turkey to make sure that doesn’t get messed up. Good it’s coming out nicely by the look of it. I went to check up on Twilight and Fluttershy. They were supposed to do the games while Applejack and Pinkie Pie did the food. I walked into their room and saw Fluttershy taking a nap. I wonder where Twilight is at? I walked around the house and saw no sign of the purple unicorn.

“There you are Alex!” Twilight shouted from behind startling me. I almost fell backwards if it weren’t for her. She bumped into my back to balance me out.

“Woah thanks for the save Twilight” I thanked her. “Oh I almost forgot. Did you get the entertainment setup with Fluttershy? I notice she was taking a nap so I assume you’re done?” I asked her politely.

“Oh yes it’s all in the basement” She smiled.

“Alright well they should be here sometime within the next half hour.” I told her leaving her behind. We waited an hour and no one shown up. I saw the sadness in their faces.

“Well I guess we should start without them” Rarity said in a disappointed tone. They all left into the kitchen. I looked out the window hoping someone would come. Then a long stretch limo came pulling in. All of our friends came out of the limo. I opened the door and greeted each one with a hug. The girls didn’t even notice. I let each one in with my arm extend in a welcoming embrace.

“Hey where are the girls?” Cherilee asked out loud. next thing you know the girls came as fast as they could. They jumped all over the teacher.

“We never thought you guys would show!” Pinkie Pie laughed in happily

“No I picked them up so it took some time. I’m sorry for our tardiness” Mr. Walter told them. Then the party started. We ate our Thanksgiving dinner then we relaxed and played some games. The day went off without a hitch. And the girls started to plan for next year's Thanksgiving.

Chapter 6

The short break ended and we were back at school. The first few days were quite peaceful as it wasn’t before the break. We were smiling every day for a while. Then Gilda came back from her vacation and the bullying continued. With the combined efforts of Gilda and Trixie it made the girls heavy with burden.

“Ah man this isn’t cool anymore Alex” Rainbow Dash complained.

“I’m sorry Rainbow Dash I wish I could do something but you just need to be patient. This kind of stuff might get old.” I promised her that I will try to end it.

“Okay Alex I trust you” She said as if in doubt. “But hey, we’ve got the holidays coming up soon as well.” She said happily. That brighten everyone’s mood. We even went as far to talk about gift ideas for Christmas.

“We are going to get you the best-est gifts ever Alex!” Pinkie Pie shouted randomly. The other joined in too.

“Aww girls you don’t have to say that. Any gift from you is going to be the best. But I would love to know what you got me.” I tried to pry out some sort of answer.

“No dear we are not going to tell you anything until you open the gifts.” Rarity slyly remarked.

“You could tell us what you got us though!” Pinkie Pie smiled widely at me. I chuckled and resulted the pink pony’s hair. Then I left them to do whatever they wanted. While they did whatever I did my last minute shopping for their gifts. I am glad that they reminded me. I had five days until Christmas eve. I got the gifts at the worst possible timing. I pulled into the driveway where the six ponies were waiting to greet me.

“Hey he’s back!” Fluttershy yelled in delight.

“Why yes, yes I am girls. Why were you waiting for me?” I asked covering up the items in the car.

“You didn’t forget our gifts did you sugar cube?” Applejack asked trying to look into the car.

“No! I was just giving Jimmy a ride to work is all.” I quickly moved Applejack away from the car.


“Well if you say so... Come on lets go back inside” Pinkie Pie told them heading for the door. I waited for all of them to get in the house before I get the gifts out. I put each into a plastic garbage bag and quickly went into the house.

“Hey what’s in the bag?” Pinkie Pie asked sitting on the couch. She startled me into a little fumble.

“Uh...” I search for a good excuse. “John asked me to hold onto some clothes so when he has time he could donate to the salvation army.” I lied to her. I quickly slipped into my room and hid the bag under my bed so I can wrap them later. Then night came so I quietly wrapped the gifts and hoped they will like them.

The next five days were cheerful and filled with joy. We did some of the traditional festivities such as making snow angels or they call them snow ponies. We even made some gingerbread houses. And it was Christmas night and all was quiet. I went to put the presents under the tree but was caught by Rainbow Dash.

“Alex you finally decided to put them out?” She asked lazily. I shrugged at her. “Can I open mine now?” She yawned. It kind of seems like she was sleepwalking.

“Come one Rainbow Dash time to get you to bed” I whispered to her while guiding her to the room. She put a little sleepy fight but eventually gave in. I ended up carrying the Pegasus into the room. The others were sleeping silently. I found her spot between Applejack and Fluttershy. I put her there and tucked her in. She quickly grabbed hold of my arm and wouldn’t let go. So I waited until she flipped over to get more comfortable. Then I was about to leave and saw Fluttershy dropped her teddy bear. So I grabbed it and slid it under her hooves and left. I slipped under the blanket of my bed and fell asleep.

“You sleeping in again this time huh?” Pinkie Pie nudged me awake.

“Oh sorry girls I’m waking up” I moaned. They were hesitant at first, but then they dragged me into the living room again. “Oh you are eager for the presents huh?” I said rubbing my eyes. I blinked them and saw them already handing each other their presents.

“Well yours are right in front of you so let’s take turns opening our presents” Twilight said opening her gift first. She let out a big and loud gasp. “How the.. When the.. how did you get this?” She asked holding up the book I got her.

“Well it was hard to find one of those. It took me a long time to even convince the owner to sell it to me.” Telling her the whole story.



“But this is a magic spell book!” She yelled. I nodded my head and she gave a look of disbelief. She opened it curiously. “There is spells I have never seen before in this” She gave me a big hug. “Now open mine Alex!” She picked up the box at my foot and handed it to me. I opened it from the corners and tore through it quickly.

“Nah you shouldn’t have!” I laughed happily. I took out the belt bag thing.

“Well it’s like a carrying bag that was originally designed for ponies. But you can use it as a belt. So Rarity modified it a bit so it can fit you” She smiled at me. I put it on and open the pockets. There was a little piece of paper on it. I took it out trying not to let the others know what I got. It was from Twilight. She wants to talk to me privately later on.

“Hey mine next Alex!” Rainbow Dash thrown her gift and hit me square in the face. It didn’t hurt because it was actually kind of light. I open it slowly to see what she put in. I looked at her and she gave me a big smile of content.

“Oh it’s a shirt” I said holding it out. “This shirt just got twenty percent cooler and...” I stopped there. She bursted out laughing.

“Yeah I had one of the humans help me order that. Now when you wear it you can see my face!” She giggled out her thoughts. I looked at it and of course her face was on it but a little bit more artistic way. I looked puzzled at the moment. She wasn’t in any way an artist but how did she pull this off? Even if she did get help I guess she has a nag for ideas and just not just being able to put them down somewhere. “Oh my gosh you didn’t!” She screeched in delight. She pulled out the Ipod touch.

“They made some pony version of the Ipod touch. I happened to get the latest version of it as well.” I told her showing her some of the new features on it.

“This must of cost you a lot Alex” She said giving me a disappointed look. I shook my head to let her know it wasn’t costly. But truly it was.

“This is just marvelous Alex!” Rarity interrupted. She was putting on the boots she just received from me. She trotted back to the room and put the previous Christmas gifts on. “Now the set is complete!” She shrieked delightfully. The boots were bedazzling with her scarf and hat. She used her magic to pick up the red glittering box to hand it to me. I took the ribbon off and it all came falling apart.

“Oh ho ho” I spluttered out. Looking at the item holding it carefully. The special vase she made glimmered in my hands.



“Oh it’s special too. I used some magic on it so when you touch it, it slowly changes colors” She said remarking her accomplishment. Touching it made it changes colors the look vibrant with each new color.

“This is amazing!” I told her touching it in different spots. I was in a trance. Applejack and Pinkie opened their presents from me.

“Nah you shouldn’t have!” Applejack startled me from behind. Then she squeezed the life out of me. “Oh sorry don’t know my own strength” She chuckled. Her new cowboy boots rattled with intensity.

“Yeah Alex you shouldn’t have!” Pinkie Pie joined the merriment. She had already set up the drum set I got her. She went wild hitting them without a real beat. Fluttershy was amazed at her gift as well.

“This is the most amazing thing ever!” She quietly shouted. She had taken out her new picture book of animals.

“Oh Alex you still have to open the rest of the gifts we got you!” Twilight moaned out loud. So I started to peel the wrapping off the three other gifts. Applejack got me a leather jacket. Pinkie Pie got me a small popcorn machine.

Thanks a lot Applejack Pinkie” I gave them a little hug and started opening Fluttershy’s gift. “Aww Fluttershy when did you make this?” I asked her looking at the picture she drew of me and the ponies.

“Well uh... I made it on a whim. I hope you like it.” The timid pony said.

“Like it I love it!” I wrapped my arm around her. She blushed looking away from me. Twilight motioned for me to go talk to her privately. “Well girls enjoy your new gifts” I said walking away to my room. Twilight followed me into the room.

“Good we finally can talk.” She was being secretive. “Well I want to tell you about your gift, the bag. I made special adjustments to it. If it were every harmed by magic the contents would be unaffected. So keep anything you value most of all in it.” She was about to say more but Rainbow Dash interrupted.

“Hey Alex how do you get music onto this thing?” She asked me holding out the Ipod.

“I’ll show you later Rainbow Dash. Just give me and Twilight some time to talk please.” I told her closing the door.


“Okay she’s gone.” She continued talking. “I think Trixie might try some sort of magic and harm you or the house. So keep anything important in it please!” She shown a lot of concern and thought into this gift. I gave her a hug to which she seemed like she was about to cry.

“I will keep the most treasured things in it Twilight. Thank you very much.” I told her to comfort her. Then I left to go help Rainbow Dash figure out how to put music on her Ipod. Thankfully she figured it out and I could relax for the rest of the day. But first I want to put some of the valuable items into my special bag. First was the IOU the Fluttershy’s picture of us. Thats good enough for me for awhile. Then the day came to an end with every pony content with the outcome of the day.

Chapter 7

Our holiday ended and school came back like a freight train. It wasn’t hard to get back into the old routine for the few weeks we had of our classes. Trixie still bothered me relentlessly and Gilda kept harassing us. Shortly after our schedules changed for the better. The only thing that changed for me is the fact almost all of my classes were with Cherilee or Trixie. Art got replaced with a cooking class.

Shortly we fell into a new daily routine. At least the girls didn’t have to put up with Gilda as much as I. She calls me names and pushes me around. Sometimes I can’t help but wonder why? Some of the things she says makes me want to puke at times.

Valentine’s day came and I wanted to do something special for them. They have been really good to me and I thought they deserve something special. So my cooking teacher Mr. Adams helped me get of class to make them some special chocolates. He was a big help because I never done this before.

“So who is this special lady you’re making this for?” He asked in a romantic tone.

“Uh.. this is for six girls” I said.

“Oh so you’re the lover boy now?” He teased me. He even manage to make me blush a bit. “Well this means we have to make a lot of them” He said handing me the ingredients.

“Are you sure this is okay. I mean like taking me out of class just to make some chocolate.” I asked him.

“Oh if this is for someone you actually care about. I would love to help!” He said holding his hands together and shaking around as if he were thinking of his first love. We made enough for seven boxes. So if anything happened during the day I always will have a spare one on hand. I left him after lunch.

“Hey Alex you missed lunch. Why is that?” Rarity yelled to me. She was followed by Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Oh well I was with Mr. Adam. He was helping me make something” I told her.

“Oh what did you make?” Rainbow Dash questioned me. I handed out three boxes to the three ponies.

“Woah there lover boy” Applejack said refusing the box.

“Oh it’s not a romantic thing...just a friend thing Applejack.” I told her putting the box in her hooves. She finally accepted them

“Oh chocolates! How romantic!” Rarity grabbed them and cuddled the box. “What is the reason for this dear?” She asked regaining her composure.

“It’s valentines day Rarity. I thought you would like something I made this year. Instead of getting nothing.” I told them. They thanked me and we went off on our own separate ways. I found Pinkie and Twilight later on.

“Oh what do you got there? I hope it’s a present!” Pinkie questioned me. I held out the boxes to them.

“Chocolates? What for Alex?” Twilight asked me looking in the box.

“It’s from me to you for valentines day.” I told her. I was about to continue but was interrupted.

“Finally making your move now Alex?” Jimmy popped up from behind. He slapped my back and I fumbled forward.

“No... No! I’m just being nice to my close friends Jimmy!” I stuttered at him. Now Twilight was blushing and Pinkie is pigging out on the chocolates. I dragged Jimmy away from them. “Gah! Why Jimmy?” I silently yelled at him.

“Sorry man just thought you were making a move” He told me truthfully.

“Ugh.. Never mind Jimmy. Have you seen Fluttershy?” I asked him putting my hand on his shoulder.

“Yeah last I saw her she was talking to Cherilee after class.” He said pointing in the direction where he saw them.

“Thanks” I patted his shoulder leaving him alone to be himself. I wander in the direction he gave me. I Found Cherilee but not Fluttershy. “Hey Cherilee” I waved to the pony.

“Oh Alex what do you want?” she asked turning around to look at me.

“Have you seen Fluttershy? I asked her kind of in a rush.




“Last I’ve seen her she was about to leave for it’s the end of the school day. If you catch up then you probably catch her before she gets to your car. That's if you want to do that.” She was hinting at the chocolates. I said thanks and quickly jogged off towards my car. I saw her waiting in the hall. I guess someone told her to wait for me.

“Oh Alex Jimmy told me you wanted to see me” The yellow pegasus said. She flew a short distance to me gracefully.

“Yeah I wanted to give you a valentines present” I extend my arm to give her the chocolates. But Gilda came out of nowhere and smacked them out of my hands. The chocolates went everywhere to which the griffon started to stomp on them.

“Hey everyone!” She shouted to any one who was interested. “Look at these two freaks getting all lovey dovey!” She pointed and laughed at us. I didn’t care that she called me a freak but Fluttershy? That snapped something inside of me.

“Okay I had enough Gilda!” I shouted at her. She shot me a look of anger. “You make everyone miserable and we are growing tired of it.” I almost screamed. She tried to shout back but I kept it up. “You may called me a freak, a weirdo, Anything you can call me won’t bother me. But when you make FUN OF MY FRIENDS I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT ANY LONGER! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?” I told her furiously.

“Ye.. Ye... Yes” She managed to say. She quickly took off shoving anyone in her path. Fluttershy took off without me noticing. I went back to the car to see her getting comforted by the five other ponies. I jogged over there and tried to help.

“I’m sorry to have you see that Fluttershy. Will you forgive me?” I asked taking her hoof into my hand and gently stroking it.

“It’s okay I’m... I’m just upset that she destroyed the chocolates that you took time out of classes to make for us.” She started to cry again.

“But it’s just chocolates Fluttershy. And lucky for you I have an extra box just for you” I handed her the last box I had saved In my backpack. She suddenly stopped crying and clung to me like an infant. I carried her into the car and discussed what happen with the others.

“I never thought you the violent type Alex” Rainbow Dash said giving me a second opinion. “That was actually kind of awesome what you did” She admitted.

“Well it’s about time someone stood up to Gilda and her tyranny” Applejack said with great honor.


“Thanks girls I hope she will stop overall” I told them truthfully. After that said I drove them home and our day continued as usual.

The ponies were happy with my results with Gilda. She stopped her bully routine for awhile. The whole school was happy too. Random kids and ponies would thank me. The unusual high fives and the newly dubbed “bro hoofs” for any pony to human sort of ordeal.

The days went by rather quickly. February ended and then March started coming to a close.

“I wonder if Mr. Walter will do that competition thing again this year” Twilight asked to herself.

“I highly doubt it Twilight” I told her. “Last year he got a lot of complaints and scorning from the school board for that stunt he pulled off.” I tried to get them to listen but they didn’t care.

April first came and I was correct. No competition this year. But this didn’t stop people from pulling a couple of friendly pranks. Pinkie Pie only pranked people she knew was willing to give a good laugh despite getting pranked. The others just didn’t feel like trying at it. I was walking along with Pinkie pie about to leave for the end of the school day.

“This was a fun day wouldn’t you say Alex?” Pinkie asked smiling at me blissfully.

“Yeah it was” I said holding my hands behind me head. We saw the others and headed for them. Then all of a sudden Pinkie’s tail started twitching. She pushed me away and a bucket of bricks hit the ground. Thankful neither me nor her were hurt.

“Dang it I missed!” Gilda angrily said floating above. I scuffled to get up.

“Gilda!” Rainbow Dash Screamed at her. so did the others except Fluttershy, she was trying to help me up along with Pinkie Pie. Soon anyone who was around was yelling at her.

“You could've killed him doing that!” Twilight scorned her. I never seen them so angry from the time I met them to now. Gilda was backed into a corner and started to panicked, She shoved everyone out of the way and darted off somewhere.

“Nah I ain’t letting you get away!” Applejack hollered.

“Yeah I’m not letting you get away either!” Rainbow dash joined in on the search party with Applejack.

“No girls let her be” I told them wiping my pants clean.

“But she almost killed you!” Rarity moaned.

“Yeah but I think she finally learned her lesson. You all stood up to her and I think she got the idea” I said fumbling towards them.

“Are you hurt Alex?” Twilight asked looking examining my legs.

“Yeah just a little bruised from the fall” I told them. “Lets go home now ladies” I gesture them to the exit.

“Alright Sweetie” Rarity accepted the idea. The others joined in and we left for home. To which the day went by with them trying to pester me about my legs.

Time went by and no one has heard from Gilda since that day. We only have a week left of school and it seems like the girls having something on their mind. They try to avoid me now. So the day before the last day before the last day of school I decided to confront them.

“Hey Twilight can you get the others for me?” I asked the purple unicorn who was sitting on the couch alone.

“Uh.. What is this about?” She stuttered to ask.

“Just go get them please” I begged her. She took a second then hopped off the couch and went to gather the others. She definitely seemed to take her time to do so. Eventually they came into the living room.

“What’s this about? You ruined my nap outside under the apple tree” Applejack moaned.

“How come you have been avoiding me lately?” I pursued the question. Theirs eyes started to dart around.

“We uh.. been... uh... Busy! yes we have been busy” Twilight took her good ol’ time to say. I look at them as if they witness a crime and I was a detective. I hummed a bit to make sure they haven’t got out of it yet.

“Did you girls do anything bad that I should be aware of?” I asked making perfect eye contact. They didn’t speak so I assumed they have. “So you have nothing to say then huh?” I tried again.

“Oh make it stop! Make it stop!” Pinkie Pie was about to crack. So I got close to her and questioned her.


“Okay partner we will tell you!” Applejack fessed up. “But can we tell you tomorrow?” She asked giving me a puppy dog look.

“You’re going to have to Pinkie Promise” I told them. They did the Pinkie Promise and I was content for today. “Tomorrow is the last day of school you know?” I told them showing some concern. But they left without a care.

“I wonder what could possible make the do this” I mumbled to myself. Then continued my day as usual.

The last day of school was so much fun. Even Trixie took a day off from being mean and decided to let loose. It was the peak of my day. But the girls still tried to avoid me. I hope the will tell me. The day ended and I was driving them back home.

“Are you going to tell me now or at home?” I asked them keeping my on the road. The remained silent giving me the impression that they want to discuss this when we got home. After about twenty five minutes of awkward silence I pulled into the driveway and the girls quickly went into their rooms. I knocked on the door to get their attention.

“Yeah we know give us a second please” Rarity told me giving them some breathing room. I sat down on the couch and waited patiently. They actually quickly came out and sat across from me on the other side.

“Um...” Fluttershy was about to say something but nothing else came out. The timid Pegasus kept eying me from time to time.

“Okay lets get this over with girls” Twilight final spoke up. “We uh.. have been..” She was thinking quite hard about this.

“What she is trying to say darling is that we have no plans for summer break” Rarity blurted out. They shot her a look of hate yet relief.

“You could of asked me to help you. If you want you can stay with me over the summer. I’ve been kind of lonely the past few years of summer and it could change up things a bit.” I told them in a reasoning tone.

“Well if you will...” Twilight was asking for a response.

“Yes Twilight you may stay for the summer.” I said in a happy tone. They all sighed in relief. Next thing you know they are giving me hugs and thanking me for this opportunity. In the middle of this merriment Cherilee called.


“Hey Alex I just want to let you know I’m staying in the human world for tutoring. If you need help please give me a call.” She said. After a brief conversation, asking who needed the tutoring in the first place, the call ended and I was left a summer with six ponies from another world. Now what am I going to do with them?

To be continued.