• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 2,775 Views, 48 Comments

Highschool - blobbo420



When a boy gets and unexpected visit from six strange ponies from another world.

  • ...
8
 48
 2,775

Year two

High school sophomore year
Part two of four
A MLP FIM fan fic
Story written by Blobbo420

Chapter 1

Days went by when they left. I kept myself busy by doing their chores. At first I thought it would give me time to relax instead of having all those crazy ponies around the place but I soon came to realize how much I missed them.

I was patiently awaiting their letters but they still had come yet. Days kept trickling by and no word from them had yet come. It seemed as if they had lied to me. I guessed that shouldn’t have surprised me at all, a lot of people had lied to me over the years. I just had to get over it.

John had taken notice to my state of being. He was looking for something for me to do with someone else but he knew I would have no friends until the ponies come back from their summer break.

“Hey Alex, I think I’ve got an idea” He said one day to me.

“What could you have possibly come up with?” I asked looking down.

“Lets go somewhere, okay? I don’t know, like a vacation.” he rambled on about some places he knew about that would be great. I’ve decided to go along with him. It’s not like I have anything to do for months.

“Okay I guess” I mumbled.

“What did you say? Speak up!” he told me.

“I said okay! but one thing though.” I paused for a moment. “I’ve actually never been on a real vacation. In fact, I don’t think I left the state.”

“Aww don’t worry about that” he said hitting my shoulder as if were good pals. So we decided to take the rest of the week of in luxury.


I didn’t remember the name of the place we went to. But all I could say was that I feel so much better. As we came back I finally got a letter from the girls. It came out of nowhere.

I opened it rather quickly. I read it out loud for John to hear as well.

“Dear Alex, I am so sorry we couldn’t write to you recently. We have an obligation to the queen and she called for us. It seems that one of her oldest foes has escaped his stony prison. We had to use the elements of harmony to vanquish him back to his prison state. And we almost lost to him. But our friendship prevailed over his tyranny! But I want your opinion on this Alex. Do you think he deserved what he got? I started to think it is kind of unfair what happen to him. But what am I to judge our queens methods? But I’m getting off topic. We are doing fine. We promise to be writing to you more often. Sincerely yours Twilight Sparkle.” I finished reading the rest of the girls names.

“Seems like they had their hands full Alex.” John patted me back.

We got home a few hours later. I took my keys out and opened the door. The house should of been exactly how I left it. But it wasn’t. I almost ran to the phone to dial nine one one. I went into the girls room and found nothing harmed. I sighed in relief.

I walked out out and saw my brother’s room was opened. I curiously looked in. There was nothing in there. It was bigger than mine with it’s own bathroom and a large bed. I noticed a note on the bed.

I was reading it softly to myself. Hey Alex by the time you read this you will notice that the room is opened. I decided to let you have it. I also noticed you allowed more people into the home. I need to tell you this right now. Just watch yourself okay. I took all my stuff out of the room so now you can use it how you see fit. I can’t tell you where I am going. But I can tell you that I care about you deeply and I want the best for you. Get through high school and hopefully college. And if you find someone you care about more than anything else. Follow your heart. Your brother.

I can feel tears well up in my eyes. But I held them in. I wonder when he came. Whatever I thought. So I began moving my stuff into his room. The whole time I thought it would've been filled with a bunch of stuff. Like nunchucks and weapons of sorts. With clothes all over the place. Just like in the movies.

“Hey Alex where are you?” John yelled into the house. “I got a note from your brother you better come out and read it!”

“I know he cleaned out his room! I’ll be out in a second!” I hollered back. I put the last of my things down and headed outside. He handed me the note. “Well this is pretty much like the one he put in his I uh mean my room” I told him stuttering.

“So that’s why he came back” He was rubbing his chin. “He was never direct with his answers to anyone so who knows?”

“Do you know why?” I asked. He just shrugged. Then he turned and went back into his house. And I too went back into mine. I started to put some of my clothes in the drawers. The day drained away. So I decided to sleep in my new room.

Chapter 2

The next few weeks we’re only entertaining when I got new mail from the girls. Nothing more enjoyable than reading what they have to say. And all of the crazy things they have done. I swear they are the stereotypical high school students that just got out. All thinking they are invincible.

The school year is approaching slowly but only got two weeks left. The last letter said they are preparing to come back. It was signed by pretty much everyone I have gotten to know from last year. Even the teachers I had signed it. Cherilee, Roid Rage and Nurse Redheart. I got a large smile reading this.

I heard someone pull up into the driveway so I went to go see who it was. I was surprised to see that it was Mr. Walters. He got out of his car so I went out to go meet him.

“Hey Alex, what have you been up to?”

“Oh nothing really Mr Walter. What about you? Why are you here?” I asked him while we walked to the door.

“Well you know school is coming up? So I am here to deliver you and the girls their schedules.” he said respectfully. I sagged my head down. “What’s wrong?” He asked curiously. I opened the door and he looked around. “Where are they?” Then he shook his head and said sorry.

“Don’t worry they will be back soon. So you can give theirs to me and I’ll give it to them.”

“Another thing I forgot to mention. You will be put in a special program with them where you are the only human in a pony class. You did it last year remember? But I never told you why did I?” He was lost in thought. I snapped my fingers and he snorted a bit. “I’ve got some stuff to do I just wanted to give your schedule personally again. Stay safe little man” And he waved me off.

I went back inside to finish doing my chores. I still had to make the house look nice for when the girls came back. Since I haven’t been doing much of the chores lately I had to do more than I wanted.

I had to mow the lawn. Since Applejack and Rainbow Dash did it for most of the time I had to change it. So it felt so weird moving it around. It was adjusted to them and not for me. The lawn was getting pretty tall even for any lazy person's standards.



A loud cracking thunderous sound came in the back yard. I ran to the back to make sure nothing happened. The smell was unlike this world has seen. It was intoxicating. It was the smell of flowers freshly bloomed and the smell of delicious baked goods just being pulled out.

It was a portal from Equestria. I am sure they will come out of it. Few moments later they came trotting out of it. I waved at them. They came running fast. Really fast, so I braced myself. They still knocked me down hard.

“Alex we’ve missed you so much” Pinkie said laughing. Hugging me tightly enough to the point where I can’t breathe. They each took turns giving me a hug.

“Hey Alex, what goes on with you? What have you been up to? Like I’ve said we’ve been busy with the whole save equestria business. So we didn’t get letters from you if you sent any.” Twilight rambled on.

“Twilight!” I finally yelled.

“Yes Alex?” she asked snapped out of her daze.

“You’re being like an old woman and rambling” I laughed out loud.

“Oh I’m sorry I just get in the zone from time to time. Regardless, tell us what you did.” All eye were set on me. Since the only interesting thing I did was go somewhere with John and enjoyed some Rest and Relaxation.

“Well me and John went on vacation but nothing special.” I said with my hand behind my head.

“Your so uneventful dear!” Rarity said. I held my head down in shame.

“Well you girls make it more eventful at least” I said. They awed at my comment except Rainbow dash. As I learned she tries to act tough most of the time. I don’t think i’ve ever seen her emotional.

“Well let’s get inside girls” Applejack beckoned them to follow. Which they did do.

“Hey Alex you said your brother moved out and locked his room off?” Pinkie yelled. “Well it’s open now!” So I went inside to tell them. But they were already in the room.

“Oh does this mean we finally get to meet your big brother?” Pinkie said with such delight.


“Uh no Pinkie I’m sorry but you and I both missed him. I got back shortly before you came back” I said in a saddened tone. “I miss him but I missed you girls more though” They awed again and yet again Rainbow Dash didn’t. But she tried really hard and I could tell.

“How come he doesn’t stay?” Applejack asked

“I wish I knew” I shrugged the question of. They look a bit disappointed. So did I.

“So does this mean you won’t be sleeping on the couch anymore?” Fluttershy meekly said.

“No I will be sleeping in here for now on.” Saying with a smile. She gave a small smile. I guess she didn’t like the idea of me sleeping there anymore. I’m surprised that they even cared.

“We’ll I’m happy for you now you want have to sleep on that dank old couch anymore” Rarity glorified. I gave her a cold stare. She looked away in shame.

“Well girls, try to settle back in. You had an epic break so you must be tired” I gestured them out. They left my room filled with the visions of my room.

As the day came to its climax. It also came to its end. We settled into our beds and drifted off into a quiet sleep.

Chapter 3

The next day I woke up to smell of flowers. So I got up to find out the source of it. I walked outside of my room wiping my eyes. I walked into the living room with my eyes closed.

“Hey girls are you up?” I asked. I got no response. “Man where is this smell coming from” I moaned drowsily. I walked into the kitchen then out the back door. The scent grew stronger and stronger with each step.

“Oh Alex you scared me” Fluttershy yelped. I noticed she was planting some lovely flowers. I guess she wanted to surprise me with these exotic flowers. “Oh I was going to tell you but...” she stuttered.

“Don’t worry fluttershy. What kind of flowers are those? They smell wonderful.” I said sniffing them. She looked at me sniffing the flowers.

“You really like them? They only can be found in Equestria. So I believe they are the only ones here in your world.” She slowly mustered to say.

“Well they are beautiful. Thank you very much for bringing them.” She smiled and went back to planting them. I went back inside to see what the others were up to.

“Watch out!” Rainbow dash screamed. Then she knocked me over in a rush. I blacked out then.

I fluttered my eyes open. I can see the girls face closely. They were studying me while I lied down.

“Oh look he is coming through” Twilight remarked. I could barely hear her. “Hey ARE YOU OKAY!

“Ugh what happened?” I moaned.

“I knocked you down,” Rainbow Dash said with a little pride. “I was trying to see how fast I could get through the house but you ruined it!” She yelled and hitting my shoulder.

“Well as long as you promise not to bump into me again and leave me unconscious then by all means go for it,” I moaned rubbing my head.

“Oh I won’t. It was kind of a one time thing” She playfully joked. I stood up to get my bearings. She is a tough one thats for sure.

They left me to my business. I went to go to John's house. I wasn’t sure if he heard the thunderous noise that unfolded earlier.

“Hey John, you there?” I yelled

“What do you want now?” He yelled back. He opened his door. It looks as if was trying to take a nap.

“I’m sorry if I woke you but I wanted to let you know the girls came back” I told him. He waved me off and told me not to wake him up for pointless reasons. I apologized and left him alone. I hoped he would be a bit more excited. But he was tired from driving me around for the vacation we took.

The next few days we caught up with each other. I learned that the person that caused all their troubles back in Equestria was some sort of mythical creature named Discord. He sounds like a guy who just wants to be free. Don’t we truly all want that?

I had to check my new schedule. It didn’t seem that bad. Since I’m put in a special pony class or whatever for the rest of my school year. So that means Cherilee for my whole entire high school. U.S. history followed by english, Chemistry, Math, Pony history and art 2. I chose to take the pony history because it may help in the long run.

I almost forgot to give the girls their schedules. I’ve been so busy catching up with them that I forgot. So I had to look for them. My room was a little bit messy so it took me a while to find them, which I found half an hour later under my shirt.

“Hey girls, I forgot to give you your schedules” I yelled out to no one in particular. I couldn’t hear who it was that replied but I just left it on the kitchen table.

“Hey Alex, can you please come here for a second please?” It was Twilight. I came into the kitchen.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“I got something for you. It’s just a precaution. It’s for your own protection” She handed me a necklace.

“Uh Twilight this is nice but how is it going to protect me?” I asked.

“If you wear it, It will protect you from any magic done to you. I just want you to be safe” She said blushing. “Not that you need it or anything” She shied away.


“Well it looks great. Thank you very much for the concern.” I said putting it on. I felt a little twinge of something when I put it on.

“Just make sure not to get it wet. It can short circuit it. But I made some adjustments to it so if it does it will slowly fix itself” she said pointing to it.

“Did you make it?” I asked. She nodded for approval.

“It took me awhile to do it. I did it when we had time from that Discord incident.”

“Who is this discord?” I asked.

“He was the guy who troubled us in Equestria.” She looked down.

“What’s wrong?” I asked with concern.

“Well, remember reading that letter I sent you? Well I don’t think he deserved to be turned into stone” I could tell she was regretting what she has done.

“He was turned into stone?”

“Yeah I don’t know how or why but he did” She looked down, then back up at me. “What do you think?”

“Well I don’t know him or what he has done. If he was truly as bad as you make him out to be there must of been a way to coexist with him.” I looked at the time. It’s longer than I expected to be talking to her.

“Whoa look at the time” I said looking at the clock. She looked as if she was relieved that our conversation was over. Probably because she thought I was thinking she was falling for me or something.

With that over we left each others company. The day went on as it usually did like it did last year. I truly missed their company. And at least I know we have one class with them. I hope they see it the same way as I do.

I decided to go for a walk before the day ended. I planned to go alone but Pinkie Pie joined me.

“Hey Alex come on put on a smile!” She whined. And she waved to anyone who passed us. I kind of felt guilty because I completely ignored them.

“So Pinkie how have you been?” I asked her looking down to meet her gaze.

“I have been... Whoa oh no ah!” she suddenly hid under a tree. She motioned me to come but I didn’t.

“Pinkie come on what’s wrong?” She didn’t respond. She kept looking up as if something was about to fall.

“It’s my tail!!!! It’s twitchy twitchy twitch!” She frantically said. And started crazily looking up in the sky.

“What’s wrong with your tail? Did something get caught in it? I asked. Then something hit my head from the sky, and I instantly blacked out.

I fluttered my eyes open and could see Pinkie and Derpy hovering over me. They were talking to each other. As if they were catching up. I slowly got up.

“Oh we need to stop meeting like this Alex!” Derpy bubbled in delight.

“Oh Bubbles, how are you? And what did you do this time?”

“Well I was actually about to come see you and the others and deliver flower to you but it slipped and landed on your head!” She laugh at the fact.

“I told you my tail was twitching but you didn’t listen” She pranced around glorifying the fact. What did she mean by her tail twitching?

“Pinkie what are you talking about now?”

“Oh her tail is twitching” Derpy was now under the tree. My hand was on my face. I lost all thought and reason what is going on.

“Take it from the top. Tell me why your tail makes people nervous” I said frustratingly.

“Don't Cha know? When the the tail is a twitching. Things be a falling sillies!” She said as if were a common occurrence.

“I have no idea how that works Pinkie but whatever floats your boat” I said getting back on our walk. Derpy joined since she was trying to get to me. She has been busy being a delivery mare in Equestria, and the whole Discord thing made it harder for her. Which would make sense because the whole scenery was changed.



We got home and I opened the door for them. They went in and Derpy struck up conversations with each of them. I guess Derpy got along with them pretty well. She end up staying for quite some time. And I noticed the girls were getting tired but didn’t want to be rude.

“Hey Bubbles it’s getting late do you want me to walk you home?” I didn’t really want to but I can’t be rude to her. She has enough problems alone with just her name.

“Oh that would be great, I might get lost” She said waving her hooves at the girls. “So Alex” she started on and on. I nodded and said uh huh and stuff like that just to be nice. We arrived at her house and her parents were waiting at the door. The looked furious at her. “Well thanks for walking me home” She gave me a quick hug and slunk her way into their house. It seems like she has a strained relationship with her family.

When I got home the girls were already asleep, so I also slunk into my room and fell quietly on my bed and drifted off into a deep sleep.

Chapter 4

The first day of school came and, in some odd scenario, I wasn’t awake before them. I was shoved off the bed by Rainbow dash. Twilight was pushing me out the room.

“Okay, I’m up. I’m up!” I yelled. “Let me change my clothes before pushing me out of the room next time” I got up and walked back into the room to change. They keep banging on the door telling me to hurry up. “Give me a second please”

“Well hurry up darling we can’t wait forever” Rarity yelled.

“Yeah sleepy pants at this rate we’ll be late!” pinkie added. I came out all dressed up. We quickly headed to the bus stop and realized that we were like ten minutes early.

The bus came and we were off to school. I looked to see if there is any new kids on the bus. Which there isn’t any I could see. So I sat in a peaceful silence for the whole bus ride. Other than the fact the girls are pumped up except Rainbow dash. I don’t understand her to well. But then she doesn’t seem to enjoy school because she isn’t the brightest tool in the shed.

“I hope we can have a couple of classes together Alex” Twilight said in delight.

“Yeah now that would be so awesome” Rainbow dash screamed in a fan girl like tone. Then she started to blush wildly. “I mean it would be cool” she quickly mentioned.

The bus ride seemed shorter than it usually was. Probably because there was one less stop this year because some graduated last year and didn’t need to go anymore. I’m surprised that Applejack thinks it got even bigger. I smiled at that fact.

“Hey, what’s your first class Alex” Fluttershy asked.

“I got U.S. History first” I told her. She was sad we didn’t have the first hour of the day together, but I had Pinkie Pie and Applejack in it. We walked around and chat before class started. I was on my toes for Derpy. She had a mystical way of coming out of nowhere and being clumsy, but this time was different, She was walking with a few other ponies. I waved to her and she perked up a bit.

“Hey guys!” She yelled coming towards us. “Oh I am so happy to see you this morning!”

“Yeah us too” I said. She told her pony friends that she was going to hang out with us for a while. She talked about her classes and I found out we had Chemistry and math together.


The bell rang and me, Pinkie Pie and Applejack went off to history class. We had a plump male teacher named Mr. Adams. He was kind of jolly and seemed to be tired for some reason. We learned what we needed to bring for the class pretty much like and sort of history class. Paper and something to put it in. Applejack seemed a little bit interested in the class but Pinkie pie not so much. I was just about to fall asleep in class and then I was saved by the bell.

I headed off to my English class. I entered the room at the last minute. I looked around in it. A few ponies that I do not know and a few other humans. so I sat down. I had a pony teacher which is new for English. But it was ironically Cherilee.

“Hey Cherilee!” I yelled at her

“Oh hi Alex, how have you been?” She asked

“I’ve been great, but I didn’t know you were a English teacher. I thought you were a math teacher.” I asked her

“Well I teach more than one class. I’m teaching math, English, and I am your pony history teacher as well. She said smiling in delight. “Three hours in a day with my favorite human student” she kept on smiling and I started blushing. I sat down and paid close attention. I couldn’t disappoint the teacher who says I’m the favorite of anything. Her classes are fun and interactive.

The bell rang and I had chemistry next. Twilight and Rarity were in it and were delighted to see me in the class.

“Alex come let us introduce you to the the teacher!” Twilight squealing happily. Next thing you know she is dragging me to her. It was a zebra. First it’s talking ponies, now talking zebras.

“Oh the irony” I said softly to myself.

“Oh who is this we have here. New student came to hear. About the wonders of chemistry. As you will soon see.” she spoke in rhymes.

“Uh Twilight why is she uh speaking in rhymes?” I asked quietly.

“It’s just the way she is. Just give her a chance she Is a great teacher and a dear friend of ours.”

“Yeah Alex she cured us once with her bedazzling skills” Rarity butted in. The hushed up as she began class.



“Okay my students are you ready to do this? I’m going to show a live demonstration. The only one from my nation.” She quickly said. Dang how does she do it? She comes up with these at the top of her tongue? I could learn something easily just listening. She’d shown us a quick and pretty awesome explosion. How to mix and not to mix chemicals. Too bad we won’t be able to do anything until we learn the elements and stuff like that. She was interesting at the least. Twilight was wide eyed in her class.

The bell rang and I had to push Twilight out of her daze.

“Oh, what? Did I get lost in the class? Oh I just love school so much.” She was unhappy. But quickly perked up when I told her we had math with Cherilee next.

“How do you know it’s Cherilee?” she asked

“I had her last hour. I have her for three of my classes”

“Oh my Celestia your are the luckiest human there is!” Rarity complained

We got to our math class and Cherilee was already there. All the other girls were there. Fluttershy was upset because no one was in any of her classes.

“Oh I am so glad I finally have a class with someone I know. It’s been a long day for me so far. At least for the school year I can have something to look forward to!” Fluttershy rolled her eyes, and what made it even better was that the teacher was Cherilee ... Again. The class started and wouldn’t you know Rainbow Dash was late.

“Oh I am sorry Cherilee I was uh... in uh...” She tried looking for an excuse.

“Just take your seat Rainbow Dash.” She pointed the ruler to an empty seat. She quickly took her seat. She started talking about what we are going to be learning this year. I looked around and I knew this is the class Mr. Walter was talking about. I was the only human in the class. There is a few new ponies I haven’t seen but didn’t really catch their names.

The bell rang and now we have lunch. We went to the cafeteria together.

“Well that was a fun class. Who knew Cherilee can make math so fun?” Rainbow Dash said. We all nodded. We ate our lunches like we usually did. With a random conversation about school. I wonder why Rainbow Dash had been late. She probably just got lost or lost track of time something of that nature.




The time came and I had my pony history class with Cherilee. I came into the class filled with only humans. I kind of felt out of place even though it was right for me. I knew only one other guy in the class. Jimmy, he is kind of like me. We only had pony friends. We got along pretty well at this point.

“Oh well look who I have here again Alex” Cherilee pointed me out. Jimmy nudged me and asked if I knew the teacher. I told him I have two classes before this with her and that I had her last year. Now this is a class I really wanted to take. To understand ponies better and to find ways to help them fit into our world if the need arises, also to see what kind of holidays they have compared them to ours.

“So Alex since I know you best, do you know any pony history?” Cherilee asked me.

“Uh... um... somewhat. I know about Nightmare Night and Heartwarming Eve. Other than that nothing much.” I said thinking. “Oh wait, and what recently happened with that one guy. Oh what is his name. Uh, oh jeez, I know it. Discord! it’s Discord. He attacked Equestria or something of that nature.” I said

“How did you hear about that? It only happened about a few weeks ago.” She asked me quizzically. She came closer to me wonder how I knew this.

“Well Twilight Sparkle told me.”I said frantically

“Well we will talk about this soon class. This was a big event that happened and we will cover it within the next few weeks.” Cherilee told the class. She kept an eye on me for the entire class. As the bell rung I tried to get out but she blocked my path. “Alex can we talk for a moment?” She said getting closer.

“Uh... Cherilee you’re making me uncomfortable.” I said back away from her.

“Oh, I am sorry if I gave the appearance that make you uncomfortable. Well I just want to know how close you are to Twilight. Are you, you know- close?” she asked as if we were a couple.

“Oh no, no no no. Nothing like that at all!” I said waving my hands. I told her that she and the other girls just live with me, in a friendly non-romantic atmosphere.

“Oh I didn’t know, I’m sorry. Well in that case, here is my private number. If they cause any troubles and you need help give me a call. Those girls are a handful and will sooner or later get into trouble. They are like trouble seeking missiles when it comes to that.”

“Oh thanks, they lived with me for a year but haven’t give me any trouble as of late. So I hope I won’t have to bother you.” I thanked her and went off to my last class.

Next was my second art class. It was with someone named Mr. Dimmer. He was a crazy yet cool old guy. Always tries to get the kids to do their best. I noticed Rarity was in it of course. So was Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. I have no idea why Rainbow Dash would ever think of taking it but whatever. Fluttershy was just about as a good drawer as Rarity maybe even better in some aspects. We really didn’t need any instructions he said to draw anything you felt like and he would give you a grade for it. I’m, by any standard, not the best drawer in the class. Actually looking at the others I’m probably the second worst. Ironically I knew it was Rainbow Dash from the beginning.

The day ended and I waited by the door with the three ponies. It felt like minutes but only like two went by.

“Oh I’m getting worried Alex! What could be holding the others up?” Rarity started to get ancy. Then the came trotting out. “You started to make us worry!”

“Sorry our class was on the other side of the building” Twilight said catching her breath. I guess they had to sprint across then were caught running so the set a pace. I let them on the bus first. They went off into the back where we usually do.

We got home about thirty minutes later and we set off to do our own preparing for the school year. I helped them get the stuff out and get the things they need. They thanked me for the help. By the end the day we were set for the card marking. Shortly after they went off to bed and me too.

Chapter 5

The days went by and they once again adjusted to the school life, but the days seemed a little bit longer. I guess it’s because I’m enjoying it and making it last longer than others would. I kind of made the girls a bit famous in school by letting my pony history class know about the Discord incident. Rarity treasured the idea of being famous. Many people like the idea of historic ponies in our school.

Well that was met with some envy and some jealousy. Since they lived with me some people became jealous. Some even became angry. The school was split into some weird fan clubs for them. I laughed at the idea but people started taking it seriously.

Our first day off came which was for Halloween. I never really understood why we get this day off but I didn’t really care. I noticed they were preparing for this. Even the scared Fluttershy as well. She was too scared to even come out of their room. Now she was looking forward to go out more than the others.

“Okay Alex, what are you going to dress up for this year?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Dress up? No thanks” I quickly rejected the idea of dressing up for Halloween.

“Oh yes you are!” She snarkily said back. “We’ve got something for you to wear. And you’re going to dress up if you want to or not.” She left into their room. I guess they were changing into their costumes. So I went into the living room and started watching TV.

“Alright we’re coming out!” Twilight shouted. I guess she wanted me to be surprised.

“Close your eye’s we want to see what you think!” Pinkie Pie yelled. I did so because I don’t want to upset her. I closed them and heard the soft noises of them coming out.

“Alright, give us another minute dear” Rarity said as if something came up. I could hear them arguing. “No Twilight I’ve got to make it look perfect!” she managed to be hushed.

“Okay that’s it we are coming out ya hear that Alex?” Applejack shouted. I kept my eyes shut even though they said it will be another minute. I could hear them coming out again. They were right in front of me as I could guess.






“Uh... um... you can open your eyes Alex” Fluttershy told me. I opened my eyes and couldn’t believe what I saw. Rarity was dressed up like a princess. I could tell she took her time because it was really out of this world. Twilight dressed up like a ninja kind of like what Rainbow Dash did, but she looked like she has been through a war zone or something. Rainbow dash was some kind of knight. She says she is a royal guard to Princess Celestia. Pinkie Pie was a clown. Literally a clown and everything that goes with it. Applejack was some sort of country singer. She didn’t really have a specific singer in mind. Just country singer. And finally the shy little Fluttershy. She had a really good costume from what I could tell. I never seen anyone go out as a tree. I loved the wood. It was so realistic for the material Rarity used.

“Come on the night isn’t getting any younger” Pinkie Pie complained.

“I’m sorry but we’re waiting for Derpy” I told her.

“Wait what, you invited Derpy!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Yes I felt she wanted to come. Just give her a chance girls, she is cooler than you think.”

“I agree, we shouldn’t just blow her off anyways. Last year was fun with her so I have no complaints” Applejack concurred. We waited for a bit and she came. I looked to see what she was wearing, a bunch of boxes. I knew what she was and it was poorly made. I opened the door for her.

“Hey girls sorry I was late, had to put on my awesome costume!” Derpy said.

“You girls ready to go out?” I asked them.

“Oh you trying to get out of dressing up now huh? Well here go put this on!” Pinkie Pie tossed me a costume that Rarity made. It was a vampire costume. Even though I didn’t know they knew what vampires were, Rarity did a good job on it. I went in my room and quickly threw it on. I came out about three minutes.

“So how do I look?” I asked them embarrassed

“Oh you look so scary!” Rarity giggled.

“Oh yes you do!” Twilight joined her. Then they all started laughing. I guess I don’t make a good vampire but whatever.

“Come on let’s go!” Pinkie Pie started getting ancy again. We left and I locked the door. I kept behind like last year. I watched them as they went up to each door rang knocked or whatever they did to get the owner's attention. Sometimes the people were too scared to answer. And when that happen I couldn’t help but laugh really hard.

“What’s so funny Mr. Vampire?” Pinkie giggled

“Oh just how they’re too scared to answer” I told her. Their bags filled up rather quickly. They looked disappointed but I came prepared. “Oh girls I got extra bags for you! I’ll hold onto the ones you’re carrying” I gave them new bags and I started carrying theirs, and they were heavy. I had to slow my pace so I don’t get tired as quickly as I should. How in the heavens did they get so much?

“What’s wrong Alex? Getting tired?” Twilight asked. I shook my head. We continued on with the night. We ventured off far away from the house, but we decided to go home. Derpy lived close by so we walked her home. She thanked us for taking her out. She had a big heart warming smile.

“I guess I will see you guys Monday then!” She said waving us off. We started for home. I could have sworn these bags were getting heavier, but I was glad that we were heading back. I don’t know how much longer I could carry these heavy bags.

We got home and I just barely made it. My muscles were sore all over my body. Good thing I’m such a good actor. They didn’t know it was painful for me to carry their things. opened the door for them and they went in to sort out the candy they got. I almost fell on the ground from sheer exhaustion so I went off to bed. To wake up to the next probably finding candy by me.

Chapter 6

I didn’t get any candy from them this time which I’m kind of grateful they didn’t. Last time making kind of a fuss. Other than that things went smoothly. I’ve been learning a lot in school. It’s hard to keep track of six others. Especially with Rainbow Dash, her grades seems to fluctuate. I wish she would at least try to make and effort in keeping it consistent.

The weeks went by and I am glad there wasn’t anything big. Just the usual go to class get through the day. The go back home and relax for the rest of the day. I felt as if we should celebrate Thanksgiving but me and my bro only did that for anyone who stays with us, well now with me, we would celebrate it next year.

Days came even quicker and the days shorter. As fall comes to a close so comes the beginning of winter. I’m still amazed at the snow. Sometimes I just can’t help but wonder why we associate winter as being harsh and ugly. It’s only because what we do to it.

At one point the girls made a snow pony. I had no idea how you can even do that. I studied the phenomenon at a distance. I got nowhere with it so I shrugged it off.

“Why do you keep staring at the snow pony Alex?” Fluttershy asked meekly.

“Uh I was just curious that’s all” I stuttered. She looked at me shyly, then she started to explain how it works. I felt stupid listening. It was elementary school sort of ideas.

“And that’s pretty much to it” She finished explaining. I nodded off after her lecture. I quickly woke up to Pinkie Pie in my face.

“Oh Pinkie what did I tell you when you do that?”

“Oh you said to stop but I know you like it Alex!” she said smiling me in the face. I couldn’t help but smile back at her. “See I knew it!”

“Oh fine you caught me.” I said in return. She laughed away to herself. I noticed it was only a week until Christmas. I already got gifts for them again this year, but I noticed they had some stuff for me too. The tried to hide it from me but poorly did so. I just played along and not say I noticed anything.

The next few days we kind of spent it trying to hide things from each other. I hide my gifts from them well. They hide theirs in the room. I just wonder if Celestia will intervene in this holiday again. I got that IOU from her. Which I put it in the top drawer of my desk.


Christmas eve came and went. I quickly got the gifts for them and put it under the tree. They beat me to the point. They have already put theirs under before mine. I just took a second to look at the gifts. They varied in size but one stood out more than the others. It was decently big. I hope it wasn’t costly. I quickly put the gifts under and walked back to my room and went to sleep.

The next day I ended up waking up a few minutes before the others. So I decided to take a quick shower before they woke up. I am glad I have my own bathroom in my room. I took about twenty minutes to shower. I guess they finally woke up.

“You done taking your shower Alex?” Rarity asked by the door.

“Yeah give me a second and I will be out” I told her. She waited patiently for me to get out. For another minute or so I dried off and put on my clothes. “Okay what do you want?” I asked her cleaning my ears out.

“The others really want to jump into their gifts but are waiting for you” she said pushing a hair out of her face. We slowly walked into the living room where the girls were chatting amongst themselves. They shot at me as soon as I came in the room.

“Oh you’re finally awake huh?” Rainbow Dash said drowsily.

I could see Celestia added her own gifts into the pile. How does she do it? With her magic or something?

“What’s wrong Alex?” Twilight asked nudging me gently.

“Oh nothing don’t worry about it.” I said getting my head straightened out. I watched as they opened their presents from Celestia. I couldn’t help but wonder ‘Why does she take such good care of these girls specifically’. They finished up with Celestia’s gift.

“Her Alex these are for you” Applejack handed me a couple of presents. Celestia didn’t give me one this year. They could only handed me five because one was too big for them to lift up. Other than that I couldn’t even guess what they got me.

“Open mine first dear!” Rarity asked me politely. I did so without question. It was a hoof stitched sweater that truly wasn’t for me. It was by far the ugliest sweater a guy could ever want. It’s like a grandma's ugly sweater.

“Wow! Thanks a lot Rarity. This means a lot that you made it just for me.” I said smiling. Just to make her feel better, I put it on.


“Oh you look so good in it! I truly can make FABULOUS THINGS!” She squealed in delight. It was kind of itchy. She opened mine right after I did with hers. “OH MY GOD NO YOU DIDN’T” She yelled in happiness. She took out the hat that goes with the scarf I gave her last year. She quickly ran into their room, rummages through the drawers, and pulls out her old scarf.

“I take it you like it then?” I asked her.

“Yes Yes Yes!” She said then gave me a big hug. “What about you? Do you like mine?” she asked.

“Of course Rarity I do love it. It feels very comfortable.” I lied

“Oh you don’t need to lie to me Alex.” She pointed out. “All sweaters are itchy at first” I blushed a bit. Then I shrugged letting her know what I meant. Which was ‘Aww you got me. What can I say?’

“Oh mine is awesome, you should so open it next!” Rainbow Dash interrupted the moment. So I opened it quickly to give her some sense of me caring.

“Oh what is it? A rainbow between two glasses?” I asked looking at the gift.

“Yeah how did you know?” She said stupidly. “In Equestria we make our own rainbows. So I thought you’d like to have your own personal rainbow” She started opening her gift. She pulled out the hat that had the word SWAG written on the top of it.

“What does swag mean Alex?” she asked me looking at the unfamiliar term.

“Oh it’s the new way of saying cool. They say SWAG instead of COOL” I told her. Then her face made a large smile as she put it on.

“Swag huh? I like the sound of that” She said. Then she went off on a swag spree. It started to lose the spunky sound it had. Applejack started to open hers impatiently.

“Ah now you shouldn’t have!” She shucked. She pulled out the cowboy hat. It was made like hers but in better condition.

“How come I never thought of making you a new hat Applejack?” Rarity moaned jealously.

“Because you were so uppity with making fancy clothing you don’t notice the simpler things.” She said. They fussed a bit over the matter. Seeing them fight was a rare thing to see. Why they even fight about things like this is beyond my comprehension. I opened the one I got from Applejack. I took out the lasso.

“A lasso Applejack?” I asked her. She gave me a nod.

“I’m going to teach you how to use it properly. It’s going to be loads of fun.” She said showing me some basic moves on her own lasso. Then Fluttershy shyly hand me her gift.

“Here” She blushed away from me. I opened it and looked at what I was holding.

“Fluttershy how did you know I needed a new bird house?” I asked rustling her hair.

“You have a birdhouse?” she said innocently. Dang I forgot I that I don’t even have one. I put it off to the side for later. Fluttershy had just finished opening the box. “Oh this is just so wonderful Alex” She said pulling out the brown teddy bear.

“I know you really like animals so I thought since we can’t have pets in the house this could be the next best thing” I told her. She gave a little smile and thanked me.

“Oh Alex you must open mine!” Twilight told me commandingly. I did so carefully. I pulled the books out and look at them. “It’s the first in the series” She said tapping the book.

“Oh this is the book you were talking about when I gave you those Indiana Jones books last year” I asked her looking at the book.

“Yeah I am sure you’re going to love it!” She squealed in delight. Then she started to open hers without a care for the nature of the content. “Oh I completely forgot that you even had them. Sometimes I forget the simplest things.” She said hitting her head. She pulled out the telescope I got her.

“How could you forget they're stars in this world?” I mocked her.

“Oh you, shut it Alex!” She quickly joked back. Pinkie Pie was bouncing in place.

“Oh Alex how do you know how to give us the best gifts?” She kept bouncing around like a crazed toddler. She was happy with the helium balloon tank with a bag of balloons.”Yay I love balloons! Balloons! Balloons!” She repeated like the random girl she is.

“Well I guess we save the best for last huh?” I said out loud. I looked at the the large box.

“Well open it already silly!” Pinkie Pie pushed me towards the box.

“Alright don’t push me Pinkie Pie” I told her getting up. It was fairly large. Almost big as them. It was heavy so I had to just peel the wrapping off. Then I tore through the box. Then what I saw made me think she was crazy and insane. “Uh Pinkie this is uh...” I tried thinking of the right words to say.

“It’s a party cannon you goofball!” She started to show me how it works. Apparently it is used for making party adjustments. It fires out practical party items to wherever it is fired. So I tested it a few times. I was surprised it actually worked. I did a couple places. The last one I shot Pinkie Pie ended up jumping in the way purposely.

Celestia sent the girls a note. She wished them a great Christmas and me too. I wish I could see what this Princess Celestia looks like. From what people tell me she is an Alicorn, a pony with a magical horn and wings.

“Oh girls let write a letter back to her!” Twilight asked the others.

“You do that, I’m going to check up on John for a moment” I told them while leaving the house. I stepped out in the cold and walked over next door. I banged on his door three times and waited. He opened the door and gave a wide smile.

“Oh this is a surprise! How’s it going Alex? Did the girls enjoy their presents?” He asked gesturing me to come in. I walked in and sat down on the couch.

“I am good right now, and they loved their gifts again. They even went out of their way to give me something too.” I told him.

“Oh me, your brother and even your mom got you a gift. We know you’re going to love this.” He put a blindfold on me and lead me out back. “Okay I hope you like the gift we pooled together for you” He said taking the blindfold off.

“Oh... my...” I couldn’t finish my sentence because I was struck with awe. It was a brand new van. Big enough to hold I would say twelve to fourteen people in it.

“We got it for you so you can drive yourself around and not to take the bus anymore.” He opened his arms and I gave him a big hug. “And I’m sorry your brother can’t be here, nor your mother. I haven’t seen your mother since....” He stopped himself in his track.

“Yeah please, don’t talk about it” I turned away from him at that point. “It’s a painful memory and you know it”

“I’m sorry it slipped my mind. But hey go get the girls and show them your new car. By the way where did you get that nice sweater?” John asked me pulling on the sweater. I forgot that I had it on.

“Oh you like it? Rarity made it for me” He took it casually as if he knew.


“Oh that’s nice of her. I guess she really does care about you” He gave me a gentle punch to the shoulder. I hope he is not thinking what I’m thinking. I walked back to the house a little faster than I came to John’s house. I swung the door open and yelled out for them.

“Hey girls I want to show you something!” They came trotting outside.

“What is it Alex?” Applejack asked unknowingly. I just told them to follow me to the back of John’s house. The paced themselves behind me as I picked up the pace.

“Oh hi ladies!” John waved at them.

“Oh who’s car is that?” Twilight asked. “Oh is it your brothers? Or your mothers?” She asked. I stopped in my place. They kept going but Twilight. “Was it something I said?” she asked kind of unhappily.

“Oh it’s not either of theirs it’s mine” I told her. She was excited to the idea. “But please don’t bring up my mother again. I will tell you all at some other time.” She hung her head down feeling guilt for not knowing, but I gave her a little pat on the head to make her feel better. They opened the doors and sat right in it.

“Hey Alex lets go for a ride!” Rainbow Dash hollered. They were all anxious.

“Sorry girls but I don’t have my license yet.” I told them. They were all disappointed.

“Don’t worry Alex what the police don’t know won’t hurt them.” He tossed me the keys. So I got into the car and started it up. I drove out and went around the block. The girls were going wild. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were shaking the car around while Pinkie Pie stuck her head out the window. Twilight and Rarity were messing with the radio and Fluttershy was sitting quietly. I pulled up in my driveway and parked the car.

“Does this mean we won’t have to take the bus anymore?” Rainbow Dash asked getting out of the car.

“Well once I get my license of course.” I told the eager rainbow colored pony.

“And how long could that be darling?” Rarity asked. I shrugged unknowingly.

“That all depends if I can pass the test or not then got to got to Secretary of State and get all the things sorted out” I told them straight forward.

“Well Alex, I got you scheduled for your parking and driving test in the next two days so you should practice then” He told me walking back to his house.

“Okay John will do!” I shouted after him. Me and the ponies went back into the house and enjoyed the rest of our time together.

Chapter 7

We got back to school and as last year they bragged about their gifts. I bragged about the fact I got my car and license in the whole entire time. I even got a free parking pass from Mr. Walters so I was able to drive the ponies and myself to school.

“Did we thank you yet for driving us Alex?” Twilight asked again.

“Yes Twilight you have for the thirtieth time” I said rolling my eyes. By now they should be happy with me. So much has happened since Christmas. Our classes change the following month.

Nothing really changed for me. My classes stayed the same. The only thing that changed was my art class is now art three and not two. Rainbow Dash was moved out and Fluttershy in. She is a much better drawer then she was, but this means I’m the worst in the class. Still I’m loving Mr. Dimmer.

The day is April first and it’s the worst day ever. Mr. Walter decided to allow and promote a challenge for the students and faculty.

“For now on every year at this prestigious school, we will have a pranking event. We encourage everyone to jump in on the prank wagon. Princess Celestia has put a magical spell on the school to show who is still clean from pranks. So this will be a tournament. The winner, if a student will get a prize as well as the faculty. Last one standing wins! I shall too be participating. So good luck to those who join in!” Then the announcement ended.

“Oh god I know why he is doing this” I shook my head in disappointment.

“Why is he doing this then Alex?” Fluttershy asked. I kept shaking my head in shame know the fact. “Alex you here with us?” She asked afterwards.

“Oh sorry Fluttershy, I was just planning things out.” I told her scratching my chin.

“What are you possibly planning Alex?” Rainbow Dash said in a sarcastic tone. I shot her a serious look then laughed because she took it seriously as well. “I’m still going to get you for what you did last Halloween and don’t you forget it!” She flew off. Now I got another problem to deal with.

“Hey Alex I hope you are going to enjoy this little event I put together!” I turned around to a Mr. Walters half cocked smile.

“I told you I was sorry for what I did!” I yelled at him.

“Oh I am just going to get back at you though! It ain’t fair that you are UN-prankable” He pouted. I could easily tell the girls were confused. “Just watch yourself I’m gunning for you! And the prize too!” He walked on.

“What was that all about cowboy?” Applejack asked stupidly.

“Oh I pulled pranks on him so much back in the day” I rambled on. “Now he wants to get back at me for all those pranks” I told them.

“Oh pranks! I’m good at pranks!” Pinkie Pie bounced off in delight.

“Oh I don’t want to participate” Fluttershy hid behind me.

“Neither do I” Rarity announced. “For one thing it will mess up my beautiful mane!” She brushed her hair with delicacy.

“Oh Rarity, come on it will be fun! You too Fluttershy!” Applejack dragged them away leaving me and Twilight by ourselves.

“Well I guess we are enemies for today Alex! Brace yourself” Twilight said trotting off. I put on the magical necklace Twilight gave me. It was cold to the touch at first. I rarely put it on, but this is a special occasion.

I first noticed people who are participating have floating little things around them. I had no idea what they did, but I do know, that they vanish if you get pranked. I’m a natural at avoiding pranks. I never knew why but I just did.

The first of us out was, sadly, Fluttershy. If I had a choice I would've help her avoid all the nasty pranks people can do. She didn’t stand a chance. I passed her by in the hallway and quickly stopped her.

“Hey Fluttershy are you okay?” I asked curiously.

“Don’t worry it was a harmless prank. Though I told you I do not like this sort of stuff. It was a simple whoopee cushion. At least it wasn’t something unpleasant” She hung her head down. I put my hand on her head.

“I’m just glad it wasn’t something mean. People will do anything for this I’m guessing. I guess the prize must really be worth it.” I said to Fluttershy. She gave me a little head shake and we parted ways. I saw Rainbow Dash around the corner, probably out to get me.

“Hehehe as soon as he walks around this corner then BAM! He will get what’s coming to him” Rainbow Dash muttered to herself. Shows what she knows. I walked around to the side hall that she overlooked. Now I am standing right behind her. Now what should I do?

“Hey Rainbow Dash!” I shouted behind her. She jumped up and gave a loud yelp.

“God da-” She was about to finish but she got the hiccups. They came violently and often. “Oh *hiccup* a lot *hiccup Alex now I have *hiccup* the hiccups” she couldn’t stop. She also lost the contest. “Oh I won’t get the prize now! Thanks a lot Alex” She stormed off to her next class.

It’s only been the first three class periods and about eighty percent was knocked out. During class I got a call from the office saying I needed to go to the principal’s office A.S.A.P. I knew what he was trying to do. But irregardless I had to go. I walked past each class looking into them to see what was going on. Zecora lost hers since I last saw her, so did Cherilee.

I was now standing in front of the slightly opened door. I thought to myself ‘wow, he is really predictable’.

“Alex please do come in!” Mr. Walter shouted from his desk. I extended my hand and pushed the cracked door open. A bucket of water fell and made a huge mess. He sighed and called the janitor.

“Oh Mr. Walter you are not good at this.” I told him stepping over the puddle of water. He gave a quick smile and gestured me to take a seat. I moved slowly to the chair and pulled it out. He kept a big smile on his face. I reached my hand down on the seat and removed the whoopee cushion.

“Dude you can’t get me!” I laughed at him. He was getting frustrated. I’ve noticed he still had his little thing floating around him to indicate that he was still in the contest. I chuckled at the thought how he even made it this far.

“You’re failing all your classes Alex” He got up off his seat. To end his little charade I put the whoopee cushion on his seat. “You’ve got a lot of explaining to do young man” He slammed his hands on the desk.

“Dude what’s with the hostility?” I asked him.

“You think I am kidding here Alex?” He shouted really loudly. Now I’m starting to think he is serious. He took his seat and well, I won. “Dang it I thought I had you! I tried do something different. Oh well you bested me...Again” He pouted.

“And my grades are fine?” I asked.

“Nothing is wrong with them, just needed something to get you down here. Well, get back to class. Good luck with the rest of the winners.” He let me go after that. Class ended so I went to my to lunch. I sat with the girls like usual. It seems all but me and Pinkie Pie are left. They wouldn’t tell me what happened to them. They say it’s too embarrassing.

“Hey Alex I heard you got the principal!” Pinkie Pie laughed in delight. I guess news like that gets around quickly.

“Hey I don’t see that anyone else is still in on the contest.” I told them looking around.

“Well of course, we are the only ones still in this shin ding” Pinkie Pie replied.

“Really, just us?” I took another look around. Then the announcements came on.

“Hey student and teacher body. Mr. Walters here with news of our final contestants!” The announcements were really loud. It was just me and Pinkie Pie as he said. People turned and looked at us.

“Hey Alex” Rainbow Dash nudged me. “You’re going to have your hands full with Pinkie Pie” She giggled. I looked at the pink pony and she was giving me a really serious look.

“I’m keeping my eyes on you Alex” She said turning away from me. Then she trotted off to her next class.

I walked away from the girls. I went straight for Pinkie Pies locker. And I planted a little surprise in there. I went through the day like usual. Later on the announcements came back on.

“It seems we have a winner! Alex come on down to my office” The speakers boomed. I walked to the the office while giving out high fives and the newly dubbed bro hoofs. I got to the office and he was waiting outside for me. “Well I had my doubts for you” He was blushing then laughed. “Well here is your prize. These allow you to take the day off, just tell me when you want off” He handed me seven tickets.

“Does this mean I’m the only one allowed to use them?” I asked him holding the tickets in my hands. “I mean can I give them to someone else? asking meekly.


“If you want too. Just let whoever you want to give them to, to arrange a time they want off and hand it to me.” He told me. I gave him a smile and quickly left for the my car. The girls were waiting for me.


“So, what did you get? huh? huh? huh?” Pinkie Pie got up in my face. They were all eager to know.

“Well I got some tickets from Mr. Walter” I said holding the tickets out.

“Well dear what are they for?” Rarity asked politely. Now they bunched their heads together and we're looking at me uncertainly.

“Well they allow me to take a day off school for each ticket. I just got to let Mr. Walter know when I’m taking the day off” I stuffed it in their faces.

“Now you don’t you go and show boat your winnings Alex” Applejack told me.

“Well now! I guess I’ll give the other six tickets to someone who appreciates some show “ I boasted, laughed at her.

“Wait seriously? You could have a whole week off!” Rainbow Dash was excited now. I nodded to confirm that , I indeed meant to give them the tickets.

“So you girls want to take a day off?” I asked them holding out six tickets. They smiled widely at me.

“Oh you’re so thoughtful! Are you sure though? I mean a whole week of Alex” Twilight said taking one of the tickets.

“Oh I am positive” I told them while getting in the car. They all squealed in delight. Then came the simultaneous ‘Thank You!’. We decided on having the Friday off so we can have a three day weekend. I drove them back home and we went on about our usual business. Other than each of them coming up to thank me.

Chapter 8

Days are prevalent and seemed to be lingering. Then it nears the end of the year. I have been one of the luckiest guys around. Jimmy agrees to some extent. Being the only human friend I’ve actually made in high school makes his word have more meaning.

“Alex you’re only lucky because you have six really nice and beautiful ponies living with you. Other than that you’re not lucky” He would say.

“Why you say that?” I would respond.

“If you haven’t noticed that I love ponies more than humans. They are what this world needs. And you have six really amazing ones living with you!” He mentions. I can’t argue that, they are six amazing special ponies. Not just personality but what they have done.

Now I can’t stop thinking about what they will do for the summer. I’m pretty sure they will go back to equestria. But if they want, they can stay here as long as they want

“Hey girls I want to talk to you for a moment!” I shouted in the house. I heard them coming off in a distance. I took a seat.

“Hey Alex what’s up” Rainbow Dash appeared followed by the others.

“I just wanted to ask you what you will be doing for the summer” I asked casually.

“Oh I forgot girls I’m sorry!” Twilight blurted out. They had their own little argument with her. “Alex we are going back to Equestria for the summer, but we promise to write and that we will be back a month before school starts.” She smiled innocently at me.

“Yeah I would've told you but... uh... Twilight beat me to it” Rainbow Dash said rubbing the back of her head.

“I hope we don’t have an incident like with Discord this time. Seems like we may end up doing all this funny business for the queen.” Applejack mentioned. “That Discord fella was a pain to deal with. With all his fancy words. ‘Twist and turns and back where you began’ All that nonsense” She was getting frustrated thinking about it.

“Yeah that was the worst moment of my life” Rarity added.

“Are you sure? You thought a boulder was a giant diamond!” Pinkie Pie laughed out loud.

“I thought I told you to never mention that again!” Rarity stomped away angrily.

“The after effects of discord still lingers” Twilight mumbled to herself.

“Well if you ever change your minds you’re still welcomed to stay with me.” I told them except for the angered Rarity.

“Thanks for the offer Alex” Fluttershy said meekly. The same was followed by the other ponies. I would loved if they stayed. Maybe I should ask if I could come. I know that Celestia doesn’t allow humans into Equestria.

“Well we got a few more days to decide what we want to do” I told those who remained. With that said I left them to themselves and their thoughts. Maybe then they would rethink their plans. If not I’ll be alone for another summer.

The remaining days trickled by and they haven’t changed their minds. But there is good news, some of the other ponies will stay, but I don’t know them. I kept sighing the day they were about to leave.

“What’s wrong Alex?” Twilight asked with concern.

“Oh I’m just going to miss you all that’s all” I sighed in exasperation.

“You know that we will write you?” Applejack added. I forgot all about them being able to be writing to me. The idea slipped my mind for the last few days.

“I hope you do,” was all I could muster without getting emotional. The portal open up from behind them. The smell of flowers and pastries followed with it.

“Hey sorry we’re late!” Jimmy came from out of nowhere with Mr. Walter and John.

“What are you two doing here?” I pointed to Jimmy and Mr. Walter.

“What, can I not say goodbye to my students?” Mr. Walter questioned me. I shrugged with absolutely no care in the world.

“And you Jimmy?” I asked him.

“And I can’t say goodbye to some of my dear friends Alex? Huh?” He put the guilt on me now. I too gave him a shrug of absolutely no care whatsoever.

“Oh everyone is here to say goodbye to us!” Twilight smiled widely. They waved us goodbye. And they vanished into the world of wonder. Mr. Walter put his hand on my back and we went back into the house.

To be continued...