• Published 10th Sep 2012
  • 2,775 Views, 48 Comments

Highschool - blobbo420



When a boy gets and unexpected visit from six strange ponies from another world.

  • ...
8
 48
 2,775

Year one

Highschool freshman year
Part one of four
A MLP FIM fan fic
Story written by Blobbo420

Google doc Year one

Prologue

It was in the middle of a cool, breezy summer day. I was lying under the apple tree in my yard, thinking about what I was going to do with the rest of my summer. I was alone, living by myself. My brother moved out awhile ago, but asked me to keep his room the way it is was. My mom was always gone, and I hadn’t seen her since I was six years old. It had just been me and my brother up to this point. Now, I'm pretty much relying on myself. At least I know the neighbour will help me until I can drive myself around. For now, I owe him. I start high school in a few weeks, and I know none of my friends will be going there.

Life doesn’t seem to be going anywhere for me, and it’s painfully lonely around here. I wonder if anyone would want to stay here until they can get a place of their own? Maybe one of those ponies that were on the news the other day? How long has it been since they came? I can’t remember, but it hasn’t been too long. They have been massive news, and it’s still the talk of the town.

Living a suburban area is great place to be. Most people are kind around here. They never really gave a reason to fight or anything of that sort. A cool breeze came through. It felt great, and I moaned. I dozed off for a minute. Then a few hours.

Chapter one

I heard someone walking towards me. Probably someone looking for a place to stay. My brother and I would let people stay with us if they had nowhere to go. Actually, now that I paid more attention to the noise it sounds like more than one. Then they were near me, but I'm still resting.

“Sir, are you okay?” one of them asked.

“He looks unconscious,” the other said.

They nudge me a bit, so I decided to wake up. “Hmm? Uhh, whats up?” I moaned drowsily. I’ve been asleep longer than I thought. Everything is blurry and smudged.

“Oh, I'm sorry. I didn’t know you were sleeping,” one said.

“Don’t worry about it. So, what do you need?” I said while getting the sleep out my eyes.

“Some of the locals said we could stay here if it was alright with the owner,” one of them said.

“Well, I'm technically the owner so yeah, of course you can. I’m sorry, but I can’t see after waking up. How many of you are there?” I said, still wiping my eyes.

“Well, there's six of us, will it be a problem?” one them said.

“Well, there is only one room available. So, if you don’t mind sharing it, you can have it,” I said.

“But there’s only one problem. We don’t have any money,” she said in a disappointed tone.

“Well, don’t worry about it, money isn’t really a problem anyway. I’ll find something for you all to do. In the meantime, help me into the house. My eyes aren’t adjusted to the light after sleeping.” They lifted me, but I don’t know how.

“The house is right here, you just need to take a couple more steps and you’ll be at the door”, one said right behind me. I took the keys out of my pocket and opened the door, walked in and they followed behind me. My vision was still only just coming back so I sat down on the couch.



“Well this is it, not much but you're welcomed to stay here as long as you want. By the way I didn’t say my name did I? Well, I am Alex and it’s a pleasure to meet you all.” I said in a polite tone.

“Oh I'm so sorry, I forgot all about formalities” she said frantically. My vision is finally coming through. No longer in a haze, I could actually see them. Five ponies but weren’t there six, or at least that was what I was told. I jerked back a bit. But then I remembered what I saw on the news. Talking ponies from another dimension came to this world just for the fun of it.

The ones I could see were a purple unicorn with purple hair and a violent streak of pink running through her hair, somewhat seeming to be leader. Next was an orange country looking pony with a long blond tail, besides her was a white unicorn with a stylish purple mane and tail. Then there was the bouncing pink one. I already could tell she was going to be a handful. She was all pink and her mane reminded me of cotton candy. Then the one that stuck out the most was the rainbow maned one. She was a pegasus that seemed a bit out of there.

“What’s wrong never seen a pony before?” the purple one said.

“Oh I'm sorry! I just haven’t met one in the flesh yet, or a talking one for that matter either. Something new everyday I suppose. By the way...” I said.

“What’s wrong?” she asked questioningly .

“You said there were six of you but I see only five of you” I asked inquisitively. I looked around curious whether the sixth one was somewhere else. Then I saw a pink tail behind them. “Oh don’t be shy, I don’t bite” I said trying to bring the pink haired pony out.

They shy yellow pony peeped out from behind the leg of the country mare. She had a light pink mane and tail and She looked very shy and fragile.

“We never told you who we are; I’m Twilight Sparkle” following her was Applejack then Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

“Come on Fluttershy, introduce yourself” Rainbow Dash nudged her gently.

“I’m.... uh... I'm oh.... I'm Fluttershy” the small pony replied shyly.

“And it’s my pleasure to meet each of you. Well let me show you to your room” I gestured for them to follow and took them to my old room. “You can stay here” I told them.

“Oh we can’t do that sweetie but it’s nice of you to offer” Rarity said.

“Oh don’t worry I haven’t used my room in years. Besides I sleep on the couch in the living room. My brother recently moved out but asked me to keep his room off limits to guests. I’ll try to get him to, but probably won’t be for awhile.” I said. They went in and it was pretty much empty; like a hotel room.

“Why don’t you sleep in your own room?” Applejack asked.

“I’ll tell you later when I get to know you better.” I told them. They started unpacking their stuff so I left them alone. After about half an hour they came out looking hungry.

“Hey you got anything to eat around here?” Rainbow Dash blurted out.

“Oh sugar cube now that was uncalled for, so mind yer manners” Applejack interjected.

“I am sorry but I won’t be getting any food until tomorrow but I’ll order some pizzas.” I said walking towards the phone. I quickly checked my wallet to see how much I got. Forty dollars I can make it work. I order two pepperoni and one cheese, I don’t know if they eat meat so I hope they do. “Well pizza will be here in half an hour” I said.

We sat in an awkward stomach growling silence for twenty five minutes. Then the delivery man came. I started for the door. And opened it to see a young teenage high school student.

“That will be twenty dollars sir” he said.

“Alright, here you go”, I said handing over all forty dollars, “keep the change”.

“Oh wow! Thanks man!” he excitedly said and left. I walked into the kitchen, placed the pizzas down and went to get some plates. I turned around to see they were already eating. I laughed and handed them plates.

“You must of been starving if you ate a whole box before I even turned around” I exclaimed laughing loudly. They blushed a little.

“We haven’t eaten anything since we’ve got here a few days ago” Twilight said, eating a slice of cheese pizza.

“Aww, you poor things. Good thing you came to me then” I exclaimed while taking a slice of pizza. Ten minutes past and all of it was gone.

“Wow I am full”, Rainbow Dash bashfully burped. We all nodded in agreement. I looked at my watch and noticed it was about nine at night.

“Well just to let you know the bathroom is next to your room if you need to use it. Also, do you need pillows and blankets?” I asked.

“Oh that’s good to know, also yes, we could use some pillows. We do, however, have our own blankets”, Rarity remarked. They all took turns taking showers and that whole time took about two hours.

I went to the storage room in the basement and took out six pillows. And handed it to them. They all nodded their heads in thanks.

“Well girls I think we should hit the hay”, Applejack yawned and pointed to the room.

“If you girls need me don’t be afraid to wake me up”, I told them politely. Shortly after they went to bed and I was up alone. So I didn’t forget, I went to my neighbor and told him I have six new guests and asked if he would buy more food tomorrow.

“Okay Alex, but personally, I don’t like how you’re still letting people live with you without any adults around, I’m just concerned for you. Just make sure they don’t do anything rash or stupid”, he said.

“I know how to take care myself”, I protested, “and for others for that matter. I doubt these girls will be any trouble.” I walked back to my house to make sure everything is okay. I stepped in and all was normal. Since nothing was wrong it was time to get some rest. I walked over to the couch and laid down, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Chapter two

I woke up to the neighbor bringing in some groceries. So lazily getting up, I helped him. He got much more than I expected. I thank him for getting them for me. He left and I started to put all the food away. Didn’t take too long because it was already separated. I hear some soft comforting whispering in their room. I put the last box of cereal in the cupboard.

“Alex can you talk to Fluttershy for us?” She said in her southern voice. “She is having a hard time fitting in this new world and we don’t know how to help her.” I turned around and saw Applejack looking at me quizzically.

“Okay I hope I can help” I said walking to their room. First thing I noticed is the drastic change to the room. There was so many vibrant colors and new furniture that I’d never seen before. I walked to the bed and sat down next to the sad Fluttershy.

“Hey Fluttershy what’s wrong?” I asked with concern.

“I miss my friends, my home, my little animals friends. Oh I just want to go back home” She sobbed “But I promised the others I wouldn’t...... What should I do?” she said wiping the tears from her face and looking into me with those deep blue eyes.

“You know a man once said ‘home is where your friends are’. So tell me where are your friends?” I asked.

“Well thats true. My friends are where I belong and I can call anywhere they are my home.” she said. After she was done crying she ran out and had hugged her friends. I walked into the heart warming moment and silently leaned by the wall. They seemed so happy and content. I couldn’t help feeling awkward, just watching them hug each other so I went into the kitchen.

“Thanks for talking to her, she seems much more at ease with this whole scenario. What did you tell her?” Applejack asked.

“Oh I only told her something I heard. I said ‘Home is where your friends are’ ”

She look at me then said “So true sugar cube”, and turn back around to get the emotional hugging under control. After that endeavor they settled down and starting talking to each other.

“Well there is food in the kitchen if you’re at all hungry, you can help yourselves to whatever you like” I said waving my arms about expansively. They looked at me dumbfounded.


“Wow really I would really never thought a human will give us this kind of treatment!” Pinkie Pie screamed in delight. But they didn’t get anything. I guess they are still full from the pizza last night. I know I wasn't, so I just grabbed a water bottle.

“Well I am going to go for a walk, anyone care to join?” asking them. They all shook their heads. “Aight, I trust you won’t destroy or burn down the house?” Laughing out loud. They laughed between each other, kind of nervously. “I’m just kidding I trust you can be alone in my house.” I said. I took the keys and locked the door. I decided to go around the block and not a long one, walking just make me feel a bit more alive. Saying that I would have loved the company though. It only took me twenty minutes to go around the block. I open the door and they were trying to figure out how to turn on the tv.

I showed them how to do it. I guess they don’t have some of the technologies that we have here. Then I remembered:

“Apologies girls, I forgot to give you the tour of the home. All you’ve seen was the living area.” I told them while walking in the kitchen. They got up and followed. There is only two other place I could show them that are of any true importance. I took them downstairs to the recreation area. “As you see the pool table and other arcade devices. Laundry room is right over there on the other side of the room. You're welcomed to use everything down here too as you see fit.” I told them.

“Wow your so lucky to live by yourself with all of this stuff!” Rainbow Dash announced.

“This reminds me. I wanted to ask you girls what you plan on doing in the human world?” I casually asked.

“Well we hoped that you can help us with that” Rarity said.

“Since this world is so new to us we have no idea what we should do” Twilight added uncertainty. It was obvious she had been out of her comfort zone for some time.

“Um... well if you want my opinion you should go to school.” I told truthfully.

“Oh god not school again” Rainbow Dash pouted.

“Oh my god you have school here TOO!?” Twilight squealed in delight. I stood there kind of oblivious to their comments.

“But Twilight we already finished school in Equestria!” Rainbow Dash moaned. I decided to walk away from this so I went back up the stairs. They’ve been talking for quite some time and I glanced at the clock, it said they’d been at it for an hour. I guess it’s time to settle their little argument since it seems to be going nowhere.... after all they were still bickering about school.

“You girls done bickering or would you like my to settle this?” I asked.

“Oh Alex please settle this for us, I don’t like all of this arguing. That's if you don’t... um mind that is...” Fluttershy asked nervously. Now all eyes were on me.

“Personally it’s up to you. But I have to go to school in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure you girls will have nothing better to do in the meantime. I’ll be alone there too so I would love to have someone there I know. Also you have no idea what this world is like so school is probably the best choice.” I told honestly.

“I guess since you put it that way I won’t mind. Just as long as we live here I guess” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well this is something I would have to figure out. I'm not sure how to enroll ponies into high school. Well I have to go ask John if he could enroll you into the school. Since he is my legal guardian now.” I said.

“Who is this John guy?” Twilight asked.

“Oh did I forget to tell you? since I'm not old enough to drive, he does all that stuff like grocery shopping. I’ll introduce you tomorrow because he is working right now.” I told them. With that over and done with I went back up the stairs. “Oh and remind me to give you your keys to the house tomorrow as well. With that said I'm going to take a nap under the apple tree in front.” I yelled down the stairs. But I don’t think they heard me. They were still talking about school.

I walked outside and laid under that apple tree and fell asleep rather quickly. Shortly after dozing off AJ woke me up.

“Hey Alex can I ask you something? It is something I was meaning to ask you for awhile. But uh I uh errh” Aj stuttered.

“Don’t be nervous around me. I’m not going to do anything that would make you feel uncomfortable or conscious about yourself.” I said. She kind of shied away for a second.

“Can I take care of your apple tree? It would help me feel more like home. I used to help at my family's apple orchard but then I left. SO please can I?” she asked with a puppy dog kind of look.

“Go ahead, no one even took care of it and I would love it if you would. I love this tree but never thought or knew how to take care of it.” I said. She jumped a bit but then regained her composure.

“Thank you very much partner. I got a piece of home because of you” she said. She gave me a big hug. Then she trotted off. ‘Now I can take my nap’ I thought.

Only half an hour past by before another pony interrupted. “Um... Alex... are you awake? I want to ask you a question if thats okay with you” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“Oh what time is it? whatever. Um... what did you want to ask?” I asked.

“I uh... just wanted to know what high school would be like. I’m really nervous about it and I would like to know before so I can uh....put my mind at ease.” Fluttershy said.

“Well from what I know there’s going to be three thousand plus people in the school. I’m not so sure if there will be any ponies there except you six. But don’t worry I'll work out a way so we can all have the same classes the first semester.” telling her the best way I can.

“Oh uh that’s uh er a lot of people. And you’re sure there is no pony else?” She asked. I took a second to think.

“Honestly I don't know for sure. I would think so but the whole time ponies came here I haven’t seen any of them since you. But chance are there will be at least.” I told her. She gave a shy smile.

“Thanks for telling me” she said.

“Well you're welcome make sure to tell the others for me, they might have the same question.” I asked. She nodded as a sign she heard me.

I decided that I napped enough for today and got to check up on them. I opened the door and saw applejack napping on the couch and twilight watching TV. I checked down stairs and rainbow Dash and pinkie pie were playing pool. I didn’t even bother to check for Fluttershy and rarity because the only place I would think they’d be is in their room.

Few hours later and it was the end of the day. They got all of their good nights out and showered. I stayed up a bit thinking about what to do with these ponies. The more I thought about it the more I worried about them, and the more I worried the more I thought. I kept thinking to myself; “How are they going to fit in?, Will they make new friends?, Or even simple things like will I have any classes with them?

Chapter three

I had some trouble sleeping that night. I woke up to them trying to get around me, without waking me. So; I woke up for them.

I left the room and headed downstairs to prepare a few things. First things first, I grabbed six keys to the house and gave them to the fillies.

“Girls are you ready to meet him?” I yelled. They came running except Rainbow Dash who came flying. We walked over to his house, and still nervous as they were, They stayed back a bit while I went up and knocked on his door. And the door opened

“Hey Alex what’s up?” he asked.

“Oh nothing John,I wanted you to meet the new tenants. He looked out his door and saw them all. “Uh... where are they all, I see is ponies.” he said confusedly, gazing at with a cocked head.

“Well as you bluntly put it, yes they’re ponies” I told him. Each of them came up and introduced themselves. He was really nice to them and I was actually pleasantly surprised,even though he was a really nice guy I expected a different reaction.

“Girls, you can head on back. I have some business with John here.” I told them. They trotted off back towards the house.

“You're also here on business? What can I do for you?” he asked.

“Well I need your help to enroll them into high school, preferably to the one I am going to, since you are technically my legal guardian after all.” I told him. He sat there for a second rubbing his eyes.

“Okay anything for you. Have they given you any trouble yet?” he asked, looking puzzled yet worried. I shook my head. “I will go right now I’ll be back in an hour with the documents, so make sure they stay with you as long as they want to be in school.” he said.

“But wait, don’t you need like documentations like proof of child age stuff like that?” I asked concerned. He looked at me for a second.

“I did some research into this. Seems like all I have to do is get the signatures of the girls and send them to Princess Celestia and she will take care of the rest.” saying it as if he practiced it.

“Wait who is this Celestia pony?” asking as if this Celestia person was someone important.

“She is the ruler of the ponies in the world they come from. She is now like a political leader her for any concerns of ponies.” he said. Thanking him while walked back to my house watching him leave to the high school.

So they have a queen like in the medieval ages, I thought to myself. I walked into the house and remembered I didn’t give the house keys to the girls yet. “Hey girls, can you please come here for a second.” I shouted. They came rather slowly. By the looks on their faces it looks like they think they got into trouble.

“Did we do anything wrong?” Fluttershy asked quietly.

“No you’re not, I just forgot to give you these” saying it while I handed them the keys.

“Why these are the most ugliest keys I have ever seen” Rarity in disgust. Twilight nudged her harshly.

“Rarity! This is an honor to be getting these. Show him some respect” she scorned her.

“I don’t care what you do to them as long as you keep them safe and on hand if you ever the house is locked,” waving it off. Rarity smiled in delight. “Oh one more thing you're going to have to write your names on some documentations when John gets back he could send the information to Princess Celestia” I told them.

Twilight shot up like if she heard a gunshot. “Did you say Princess Celestia?” she squealed in delight. Now she won’t stop bouncing around. I looked at her as if she was a little kid.

“Do you know who she is?” I asked. They all looked at me dumbfounded.

“How can you not know who she is? But... I forgot you are only human. She was my magic teacher in our world and she is also the queen of the whole world too!” Twilight said in shock and delight.

“So you have connections to the royalty of your world?” I asked.

“We all know her sugarcube.” Applejack said.

“Yeah silly. Have you’ve been living under a rock or something? We send her all the lessons we learn on the magic of friendship.” Pinkie Pie said in her a random tone.


“Uh okay, No I didn’t know that you girls were close to her. Personally I just heard her name for the first time today.” Saying in a cold kind of tone. The expressions on their faces were priceless. For the next hour they told me stories and things they learned from their world. I was actually rather fascinated. All of these experiences they learned, honestly, I don’t think I would've ever known on my own.

“Hey I got the documents” John yelled barging in through the backdoor of the house. The ponies jumped, startled.

“You could've told us that John has keys to the house as well” Rarity said taking deep breathes.

“Hey Alex, I got some good news for you!” he yelled into the living room. I told the girls to stay put while I go talk to him.

“Hey whats up?” I said inquisitively to him.

“I just met the principle and you never guess who it is. It’s Mr. Walters”, he told me. I was shocked to hear that name again.

“Really? I thought he did something else! This is awesome! I get my good old friend back!” I yelled while smiling widely. I called them in and they signed their names.

“Oh hey I can send it to her with one of my spells. But I must write her a letter first if that's okay.” It didn’t even matter. She took the documents and went into their room and start writing profusely. I asked the other is she does this a lot. They all said the same thing, yes.

After ten awkward minutes of listening to her scribble away she came running out. “Okay I already sent them, so it shouldn’t take too long for her to respond” she told us. I didn’t know how she did it but it seems like she pulled through. Within the minute we received a orange envelope containing the documents and a box. It was for twilight and the others, but naturally I was curious. As they opened it another letter came but just for me, so I took it into the kitchen and opened it in private.

It came from Celestia. It read ‘Dear, Alex I would like to thank you for taking in my dear student twilight and her friends. I am eternally grateful that someone took them in. If you ever need help, don’t be afraid to send me a letter. Sincerely Princess Celestia.’






I had a lot of questions but I don’t want to waste her time. They got the box open and it had six weird looking devices that were apparently like cellphones for them. I guess they made pony cell phones so they can use them to stay in contact with humans, perfectly suited to this situation with me. This way if they need to do so they could simply call me up. Their contact list was small, only a few numbers in each one of them . I’m sure they had each others on them too and Celestia’s. It’s probably best if they have mine and John’s number in as well.

I got a sticky note and wrote the two numbers. I handed it to Rarity first. She put the numbers in and they handed it around. I hope they know how to use them because I have no clue. I didn’t even notice John leaving. One second he was there the next he was gone. Probably gone to get the stuff to Mr Walters.

“Well girls I’m going for a walk. Care to join me?” I asked. As headed out the door only Fluttershy followed. “Ah it’s nice to have someone to finally walk with” I said. She walked right behind me. “Are you that shy around me?” I asked sadly. She picked up her pace to be right next to me. “How come you don’t fly?” I asked.

“I’m not a strong flier. I can’t really fly high.” She said with her head hanging down. I don’t really understand how their wings work but I would love to see her fly.

“Why not?” I asked. She talked about how they are not very strong. Even though I have no idea how to help her I told her I’ll help her in anyway. Also mentioning I would love to see her fly. She gave me a big smile.

“You would really want to help me?” she asked. I nodded while walking. I checked my phone and realized we’ve been gone for over an hour.

So we headed back home. We had little conversations just to get her to know her a little bit better. As we walked up the door I opened the door for her. Soon things settled down and I started to cook dinner for them.

“Hey you're like the coolest human I know. But you know what would make you even cooler? You should definitely make cupcakes!” Pinkie Pie squealed in delight. I’m still not used to her popping out of nowhere.

“Oh Pinkie Pie you must stop doing that. You just came from nowhere and scared the crap out of me.” I told her. Now she was giving me the saddest look I've ever seen anything ever do. “Aww you got me” I said with a smile. She jumped around me in joy. Then I went into the cupboards and grabbed something I know she will like. “Hey Pinkie, how would you like to help me makes some cupcakes?” I asked her. For a second I thought she was about to pass out. But she quickly got all the ingredients out and looked at me impatiently. I gave her a nod and she quickly started everything.

I was shocked at her speed. In two minutes she had all the cupcakes in the oven. And now she won’t stop bouncing around. About twenty minutes past and the cupcakes were done. The scent of the permeated through the entire house. I have no idea what she did to it but my mouth is watering. While she spread the icing on each one evenly, I served them their dinner. They ate it gracefully yet greedily, they only had their eyes on the cupcakes.

“Well you girls have been patient so go ahead and have your cupcakes.” I told them. Without a second thought they grabbed the cupcakes from the tray and savagely ate them. “Guess they tasted absolutely horrible, eh?” I asked sarcastically as I sauntered out into the back yard to get some fresh air. Fluttershy followed out, right behind me, without me noticing.

“So how do you plan on helping me fly better?” she asked out of the blue. Well I still have no idea how to do that.

“Is there any kind of training weight for your wings? I asked. She nodded her head.

“I think Rainbow Dash has some old one I could borrow.” she said.

“The thing is that you need to add weight every so often to make them stronger over time.” I told her. I took a quick moment to think how to do that. Maybe Twilight could help there. “Go ask Rainbow Dash if you can borrow those weights. There's something that I need to ask Twilight about while you do”. I walked inside and asked Twilight outside for a moment.

“Just thought I should let you know that I plan on helping Fluttershy become a better flyer. Sadly however the only idea I’ve had for helping her improve is adding weights to Fluttershy using training weights. And I hope you would have a remedy for that.” I asked her questioningly. She looked at me in a way that she is questioning my motives.

“I can easily enchant them for her, but why of all people do you want to helping her?” she inquired. I was stranded for words.

“I don’t like how someone has the ability to do something so special yet is unwilling or is afraid to use that special talent of theirs” I said honestly. She went in and enchant her weights for me. And came back out.

“I’m so glad someone is willing to help her get off the ground because clearly you’re the most apt person to teach her” she said mockingly. The fact that she pointed out that I have no wings made me chuckle a bit. I bowed down to her in thanks, went inside and told Fluttershy we will start tomorrow.




Strolling into the living room to check to see anything happened while I was away I looked out the window and saw someone pull into the driveway. Someone very, very familiar. As I squinted I instantly knew who it was. I opened the door and yelled jovially “Is that who I think it is?” as a taller slender man stepped out.

“Oh my have you grown Alex.” he hollered. John drove into his driveway shortly after. Applejack came out of the house and asked who that is.

“You may call me Mr. Walters you lovely, young lady” he said. Her jaws dropped. I think she figured out that he is our principal, her shock possibly rising from the fact he looked like a member of a punk band. I welcomed him inside. “I see little has changed much. So I wanted to see you personally and well, I can’t but help see that you recruited some ponies into our program”, he said glancing at the young mares whose heads were poking out the front door. I couldn’t take Mr. Walter seriously he looks like a random punk.

“Oh girls, do you mind giving us some privacy for a minute.” I asked them politely. They left as if this was really important with Rarity pouting at me before she left herself. “Mr. Walters, I would want to ask you a favor if at all possible” I said kind of discomforted. He leaned in and then I know he would. “I hope you can put me and the girls in the same classes for the first semester so I can help them adjust to high school.” I confessed to him. It was an awkward moment. He finally broke the silence.

“Alright, I’ll do that for you. Here, this is your schedule and I'll also fix it so they are in the same classes.” He said raising his hand. I thanked him as he left after which the girls came back curious about what went down. I told them I got our schedule for school and showed them it giving a brief explanation of each class. They seemed content with it. We have six hours in total. First is english, followed by history, health, math, gym and finally biology.

When I explained the gym curriculum I noticed Rainbow Dash kind of tense up. After I finished by letting them know that I made it so we all have the same classes for the first semester they went off into their own business. But I asked Rainbow Dash to hold out for a second.

“What do you want” She moan un-interestedly.

“I want to know why you acted kind of strangely when I was talking about gym” I told her.

“Oh uh nothing, nothing at all, no reason whatsoever” she tried avoiding answering.





“Hmmm I bet you that I can guess it right on the first time” I challenged her. She accepted and we shook on it. She tensed up the moment I mentioned the fact there was a mandatory swimming course. So, going with my hunch, I said “You don’t know how to swim?” She blushed wildly and said to keep it down. “I don’t see a problem with that. How come you never learned to swim?” I asked in hushed tones to prevent the others from hearing.

She said pegasus are more or less afraid of water. Most can swim, some just don’t want to. She being the athletic type, I was shocked knowing this. I told her that I was already helping Fluttershy and that I was willingly going to help her so she doesn’t embarrass herself when it comes to that, if she wanted to of course.

“And how do you plan on doing that?” She said harshly. I was kind of felt like she wasn’t the brightest one either.

“I have a pool in the back yard so I can help you in there.” I told her. She looked at me as if I were stupid.

“You don’t have a pool!” she yelled, voice wobbling as she said it. I walked out in the back and shown her the pool. Now she look thoroughly embarrassed.

“I keep the cover on to keep it clean. You probably thought it as a decoration.” saying it in a way to make her feel better. The others came out wondering what we were doing that required such raised voices.

“Oh I didn’t know you had a pool! This is just so cool we can swim here as well! I’m so excited and SO glad I brought all my swimming things!” Pinkie squealed in delight. I guess none of them had an inclining that I had it, it would seem.

I asked them if they wanted to go swimming. They went off running into their room and came back with a few floaties and other stuff. Rainbow Dash was quickly upset and flew into the house. I followed her concern for her. “Hey what’s wrong?” I asked concernedly.

“What should I do? I can’t let the others know I can’t swim. Oh my Celestia what should I do?” She said. I put my hand on her head.

“I told you I'm willing to help you” I told her reassuringly. She looked at me kind of confused yet happy. I’m unsure how this is going to work out. I’ve helped a few people learn how to swim but never a pony. “Are you sure you don’t want the others to know? They can really help you in many ways more than just me” I said. She looked as if she was trying to find a way out.




“I guess I have no choice, but I’ll ask them when they get done swimming. For now can we talk personally?” She asked. I told her I will hear anything she wanted to say. “How come you took us in? I mean you live by yourself and your younger than us. What is the deal with that? And how come you don’t want us to pay some sort of rent?” she shot question after question.

“Before I tell you why, you must answer mine. Why shouldn’t I?” I asked. She paused a moment, each minute seemed to stretch longer and longer.

“I... I... I don’t know” she said hanging her head.

“Well for one, I love the company” her head shot up in confusion. “But I didn’t answer your question” she stuttered.

“But you did. It wasn’t a perfect answer, but good enough for me” I told her. She shuffled a bit to get comfortable. “Like I was saying, I'm just a nice guy. Probably the nicest you’ll ever meet. Why I don’t make you pay? If you truly want to have some sort of payment then I could let you do some work around the house. And finally the big one you asked. I let people live here when they have nowhere else to go” I said scratching my chin.

We just relaxed for awhile getting to know each other better. It seems that she is trying to figure something out but I'm not sure what. She jumped up when the door opened. Then she let out a sigh.

“I’ll go tell them about my... problem” she said jumping off the bed. She walked into the living room where the others were. I decided to wait in the room. I heard a few gasps. Then I heard some talking followed by some laughing. After about ten minutes Rainbow Dash came back.

“That went well I guess... but now I kind of feel awkward around them. But at least they will help now, I told them you will help too” she said. I told her it’s no problem and that we will start tomorrow after I start training Fluttershy. The day ended rather quickly, so I just fell into the couch, passing into a deep sleep before I’d had time to think about what had occurred.

Chapter four

The dreams I had were probably the best I've ever had in a long time. Since these girls came into my life I've just been somewhat content, feeling as if I'm doing something better in my life with them.

I woke up around a quarter past seven. I checked to see if any of them were are awake. No, thankfully none of them had risen yet. They were so quiet right now, not even a whisper of a breath could be heard when I put my ear to the door. I looked into their room and saw them curled up next to each other. It was kind of cute actually. I almost awed at them. So I closed the door and started doing some house work.

After about an hour I actually finished, and they are still sleeping. I tried to be quiet but I thought I'd eventually wake them. Since I had some free time I sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. And right there and then, they woke up. Talk about timing.

“Good morning girls” I said cheerfully. They asked me why I'm up so early. I told them I’m a morning person.

“When do you start training me?” Fluttershy asked innocently but surprisingly eagerly. I looked at her for a couple of long seconds, exasperated.

“Well that’s completely up to you” I told her. She walked back to her room and got her training weights on. Twilight used her magic on it so there was a few pounds of weight on it. “So, you want to go now huh?” I said. I let her know that we would do it every day and she gave the okay. We took a few steps out. “Okay now I want you to fly the whole entire time then after a few days we will add more weight. You think you can handle that?” I asked. She nodded and we started to move along.

I planned on at least forty five minutes but after thirty minutes she was about to give out. So we I shortened it today. I felt bad for her because she was almost on the verge of tears. We got home and asked her if she wanted her wings massaged. She said that it’d will be okay.

“You almost made her cry!” Twilight said from behind, he voice twinged with anger. I turned around and explained her what had happened carefully.

“I personally think it’s best. She is a little soft, she just needs to build up her strength.” I told her honestly, clarifying also that I hadn’t known her strength, or lack of it. I walked back into the living room and Fluttershy was crashed out on the couch. I guess the poor girl overworked herself.


I took an half hour break before I helped Rainbow Dash. I began to think up a list of chores for the girls to do. Since they thought they needed a way to repay me. Rainbow Dash came out and wanted to get the embarrassment of learning to swim out of the way. I told her to wait a minute while I go change. I got into my swim trunks, then I went out and she turned away, a look of disgust crossing her face as she did so.

“What’s wrong with you!? Why don’t you have a shirt on. That’s just, weird!” She yelled while still looking away. I forgot, they probably thought humans are clothed twenty-four seven.

“Oh, men here usual take off their shirts when they swim. I’m sorry I didn’t know you weren’t aware of that” I said flustered looking for the right words.

“I just haven’t seen you with your shirt off” She said trying to look at me. I got into the pool with a boogie board I had.

“Get on the board Rainbow Dash” I said patting the board. She tried yet she was nervous to say the least. So I did something kind of mean. I grabbed her off the deck and put her on the board. I can’t count how many times she hit me but I finally got her on the board. She was frightened stiff on the board. So I started to stroke her mane to calm her down.

“YOU ARE A JERK!” She yelled trying to fly away. But I grabbed her before she could.

“Just relax, put your hooves in the water” I told her reassuringly. She did as I told her. But took way too long. I tried starting idle conversation.

“I didn’t ask the others but what did you girls do in equestria?” I asked. She told me that Twilight was a Librarian, Pinkie Pie is a pastry chef, Applejack helps with her family's apple orchard, Rarity has her own boutique, And Fluttershy was a animal caretaker. “And what did you do?” I asked politely.

She said she was a weather mare. As she was going into detail about what she did she fell off the board. She flailed around in the water scared out of her mind. I lift her out of the water and told her we can call it a day. I threw her a towel. She started to wipe her face and I’m pretty quick at drying off. So I quickly dodge inside and put some clothes on. And came back out to see her sun bathing. So I layed right next to her.

“So what does a weather mare do?” I asked her as I lay down, stretching out beside her.

“Well we control where the weather happens. Liking moving a cloud to the right places, making rainbows, and all kinds of weather.” She started babbling on, however after a couple of minutes she asked me a question. “How do I become a weather mare like in equestria ,but here?” she asked.

“Rainbow Dash, I’m sorry to burst your bubble but weather here controls itself. The only sort of jobs involving weather is becoming a weather lady/man. Personally I don’t take you one for learning a lot of stuff like that” I said. She looked as if she was about to cry. It nearly broke my heart.

“Hey, hey, don’t worry. I'm sure we can find something you’ll enjoy. And you technically don't have to worry for a few years” I reassured her. She held onto her tears as if she was use to it. She got up and thanked me for talking with her. I guessed it cleared something on her mind.

I walked back inside then a letter appeared out of nowhere. It was from Celestia. I read it to myself. Dear Alex, I forgot to give you a special lighter so you can burn any mail you have for me and it will send it to me immediately. Sincerely yours Princess Celestia. The lighter came with the note.

Well this would make things more convenient. So since I have nothing planned for a while I decide to write her back to thank her for the lighter. I finished it and lit it on fire. Shortly after I got another letter. All it was saying was that it’s no big deal.

It was starting to get late so might as well start dinner. After it was finished I yelled to the girls, letting them know it was done. They came trotting along. I asked them if they wanted chores to do around the house, they shared a looked between each other.

“I think it’s a good idea I mean after all we should do something for you darling” Rarity said while trying to look good. They seemed to all be in the same boat.

“Well then, since you’re all in agreement I’ll give you a list of thing you could do. But for now relax and enjoy yourselves.” I said taking the dishes to the sink. They throw out ideas that I obviously ignored.

I got some paper and started writing down things that need to be done. It took awhile but, by the time I finished, they had gone off to bed. So put it away for the time being. Now is the time to get some rest.

Rarity is still up pacing back and forth in the backyard. I opened the door and slightly puzzled said “Hey Rarity, what’s wrong”. She remained pacing back and forth, seemingly oblivious to my voice or presence, so guessing she didn’t hear me I stepped outside. “Rarity what’s wrong?” I repeated, finally noticing me she stopped and turned around.

“Oh Alex! This is the worst possible thing that could ever happen! I lost my favorite hat. I remember having it outside and falling asleep on the lawn chair. Now it’s gone forever!” She panicked. I felt kind of harsh telling her.

“Uh... Rarity-” The answer obvious to me, I was about to tell her but she interrupted me.

“Oh can you help me, please?” she said, lower lip quivering as she looked at me with puppy dog eyes. So, finally giving in, I nodded and put my hand on her head.

“It’s on your head Rarity” I told her.

“Oh that’s where it was!” She squealed in delight, jumping and waving her legs in tandem, then ran off to bed. Okay, now that mess was over it was definitely time for me to get some sleep.

I woke up to a daily routine. In the morning, me and Fluttershy would go a for walk, improving no end over the weeks. Same went for Rainbow Dash, gaining in confidence and even managing to swim all on her own without someone to be there for her. She had enough knowledge to pass the mandatory swimming lessons in gym now. I could try teaching her advance swimming techniques but school is around the corner.

I have given them some chores to do, breaking them up into teams as I divided out the house work and the outside work amongst themselves. Rainbow Dash and Applejack got the outside chores, Rarity and Fluttershy for the cleaning, and Pinkie Pie and Twilight for cooking. The food was delicious every time.

I had to stop the training with Fluttershy for school, but I think she is a good enough flyer now. I had to get them all prepared for the school year. So, sitting them down, I explained to them what would happen when school started. And of course, they panicked, having forgotten about school, having not gone to one here yet.

“So what should we do?” Twilight asked with her head cocked to the right a bit.

“Well the first few days you don’t really need anything, so you can relax on the first day and take in the surroundings” I said. Only Rarity kind of got what I meant. Having then realized what I just thought for a second. I know Rarity will take it the wrong way. She probably would try to make herself fit into the crowd. I don’t want them to fall into the cool people trend, where you forget who your real friends are. After telling them, the group just kind of dispersed. Went off on our own. The day went on as usual.

Chapter five

The time has come. The big day. It was time to start the new school year. I had to wake the girls up early. To which they strongly resisted, having to wake up around six in the morning and leave by six forty five. Good thing the bus stop was around the corner.

We got there, it was just us. I kept yawning, I'm not used to waking up this early. The bus came and the girls went on first. Looking about at who else was on the bus, it surprised me to see other ponies on it. There was a handful of humans. We went to the back and sat down into a awkward conversation. Fluttershy was the only one nervous about school, taking it upon myself personally I leveled with her, I was too. She gave me one of her signature shy smiles.

The whole bus ride was pretty scenic. We had a great route that showed the good parts of the city. When we arrived at the school, Applejack let out a long whistle.

“Dang when you said big you meant BIG” she said admiring the school. I held the door open for them. As Pinkie Pie crossed the threshold she started to bounce around excitedly. Turning the corner, someone bumped into me.

“Oh I'm so sorry. I’m such a clutz” I couldn’t see who it was, still, I turned around and helped pick up some of the papers. When I looked up I saw a cross-eyed pony, a pegasus at that as well. “Oh I’m sorry, I forgot, my names is Derpy Hooves! I’m so sorry bumping into you” she said bubbling the words in. Twilight came up from behind me and whispered a warning me not to call her derpy, she takes offense to it. She just hung in the air for a bit as if she is waiting for a response.

“Oh yeah don’t worry about it Mrs. Hooves” I said kind of quickly. She didn’t freak out or anything as Twilight implied.

“Oh I got to go. I hope I get to see you soon!” she flew off towards her class. I looked at the time and we had five minutes until class started. I looked at the schedule. First class was english. We walked into the class and saw Mr. Rogers written on the chalkboard. Standing in front of it was the man himself, Mr. Rogers. He was the picture perfect version of any english teacher. He was dressed in a suit and spoke with clarity and perfect sentence structure. He even was willing to give out extra credit if you can catch him using in proper english.

The start of class was kind of boring it pondered its way through time so slowly. However the teacher turned out to be a pretty chilled, relaxed guy. As the class ended we left and the girls were chatting amongst themselves.



The timetabled lesson was one of my personal favorite classes; history with Mrs. Eddy. She was a nice, fun and a over the top kind of teacher and I had always been kind of dorky when it came to history.

Next came health with Mr. House. He told us that at one point the humans and ponies would separate for a period of time to learn the anatomy of the other species. That was how he put it rather bluntly. He also mentioned that a pony would be teaching the humans during that time as well. The idea of a pony teacher never struck my mind. I wondered what they’d be like. But now it was Time for lunch and I was pretty darn hungry. We walked together to the cafeteria and sat together. We talked about what the rest of the day would be like, about thoughts of the teachers are so far. Each of the ponies ate from a lunch box they all had packed earlier that day. Personally I just bought some food from the cafeteria.

The peace I felt as we ate together was blissful... until derpy came over. We all tried to avoid using her actual name. I didn’t think it fair so I quickly thought of something. “Hey I'm going to give you a cool nickname” I said to derpy.

“OH! I love nick names you know I had one before. I was called the muffin Queen!” she said in delight, clapping her hooves together, she followed this with a few facts about muffins, “and that is why Blueberry are the best!” she exclaimed.

“I got a good one for you. How about we call you Bubbles?” I said with a little hesitation. She laughed in delight, was in the clear with her for now at least, the others nodded in agreement with my suggestion for her new nickname.

“Hey Bubbles, what‘s your next class?” I asked. She handed over her schedule. It looked like we only had math together, so I invited her to join us in walking to class.

“Yeah sure. I'm not familiar with the school yet” she rubbing the top of her head.

“Not the only thing you’re unfamiliar with” Rainbow Dash said sharply reluctantly, for which she earned a jab from Applejack. I guessed she isn’t very popular in the pony world.

We found the math classroom and I popped in. I was the only human in the class, even the teacher was a pony! Cherilee was her name, out of all the teachers I think she is going to be the best, everyone or everypony knows her but me. So I walked up to say ‘hello’ and introduce myself. “Hi, I'm Alex. It’s a pleasure to meet you” I said trying to be all formal. She was incredibly friendly. Since everyone knows her she made a game out of me and despite it being a little bit mean I enjoyed it. I got to know everyone pretty well. The only ones I could remember from just by the end of the class were the girls of course, derpy or as I now called her bubbles, Octavia, Colgate, Bonbon, Lyra, Vinyl Scratch, and Thunder Lane.


There weren’t a lot of guys in the class so I felt a little bit out of place. somewhat ironic, as that’s what caused me discomfort and not that I was the only human there.

Following math was gym class. They thought they were going to have to exercise and run on the first day but we didn’t because there was some explaining needed to be done. There was two teachers both being male but one was a pegasus pony that I had to try oh so hard not to laugh at. The man, was named Mr. Power and the pegasus, ironically, was named was Roid Rage. Some of the other students laughed when he said it, that moment also being the one everyone learned never to laugh at his name. I was one of the few to hold the laughter.

Almost everyone was punished for it too. They all had to run a mile on the first day. The pegasus that were in the class had to fly two miles. That included rainbow Dash. But she said she wanted too so she got on his good side immediately. None of us others got punished and after that whole ordeal the class ended and the day was nearing its end.

The only class left was biology. The teacher; Mrs. Chadwick, was kind of short and very strict. Twilight, from that first moment loved her. Although that might come from the fact that she just loved learning.

As day ended and we got back on the bus to go home we talked about the day and started prepping a list of what we would need. We got home after the bus ride and we went off on our own business. Finally the day ended with us saying good night.

Chapter six

The days went by and the girls were fitting in alright. Our grades were above B’s. I think my math class finally gave up on me being the center of attention. The class just found having one human in the class amusing for the least. They were making new friends rather quickly, unlike me, in fact they were the only ones I knew except the principal. Derpy was pretty cool, if not rather clumsy, so I knew we would get along.

The next day, as was outlined, the swimming portion of gym class begun. Rainbow Dash looked nervous, so I reassured her that she’d do great. Following my little pep talk she shook her head violently, trying to get her nerves out. It turned out that by the end of the day she was one of the top three swimmers in the class. I was first because I teach it and they made me lifeguard for the periods we had to swim. I missed out on the games they made them play, but I had a responsibility.

The first day off finally came. It was halloween and the girls wanted to go out, but they first wanted to know what it’s about. “Well I’m not totally sure but I do know people dress up to scare evil spirits away. Then the idea grew out and now people just give out candy.” I said scratching my chin.

“So, it’s like Nightmare Night!?” Pinkie Pie shouted. They all were chatting amongst themselves gripped in a fever of excited conversation. However, timid as ever Fluttershy was cowering in the corner, shuffling backwards into their room. I followed her back into their room.

“Fluttershy, what’s wrong?” I asked cautiously.

“I’m-I’m scared... If this is anything like n-n-nightmare night I want nothing to do with it!” she said, curling up on her bed.

“Aww come on, it’ll be fun. I’ll tell you what. I will be right next to you the whole entire time and won’t leave your side for a sec,” I reassured her, extending my hand to her.

“Okay... but you have to Pinkie Promise!” she said taking my hand. Having Pinkie Promised, we then went back into the living room. The girls were fretting about what to wear. They had their costumes from the last time they had a nightmare night. So they dressed up in the same costumes. Twilight was some kind of wizard, Pinkie was a chicken, Rainbow Dash was some kind of ninja, Applejack was some sort of scarecrow and Rarity was dressed up like a cat. Fluttershy didn’t have a costume but Rarity pulled through and out of nowhere she has a whole bunny costume to wear!


We left the house around six. I didn’t go as anything, I felt too old doing this in the first place. I had actually never done this at any period of my life. Having told them what they needed to do to get candy, Pinkie Pie was off in a flash. I yelled after her not to go too far away from the group. I doubt she heard me. Fluttershy just stood next to me quietly and was very close. I looked at her closely and noticed she was shivering.

About thirty minutes passed by and their bags were almost full. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted Derpy. I waved for her to come over to us. When she came over I looked at what she was wearing, paper bags. “Hey Bubbles, what are you supposed to be?” I asked looking at her.

“Well I’m a wizard of course.” She said posing. I shrugged my head. Thats Derpy for you. She joined us for the rest of the night.

“Hey Bubbles, I didn’t know you live around here”, I asked curiously. She said that she lived on the other side of the neighborhood. It was getting late so we took our leave of Derpy and headed home.

We got home but they still waited by the door. “Hey Alex, aren’t we supposed to offer it to some sort of demon?” Twilight asked impatiently.

“What? No! You don’t give your candy to anything. You keep it all in a candy induced coma.” I laughed loudly. They ran into their room and started dumping all the candy on the floor making a noise that could only be described as ‘squee’. Fluttershy joined me in watching tv.

“Thanks for making me go Alex. I uh... had fun” She smiled at me.

“No problem Fluttershy” I told her patting her on her head. About thirty minutes later she went to bed. I guessed I should too.

We had no school the next day because of the weekend. I woke and found a pile of candy next to me with a note in it. I picked it up and read it. Please mister monster don’t eat us tonight. I laugh silently. These girls are trying to find ways to involve me in things I never got to do in their world.

They came out of their room giggling. So I quickly pretended to be sleeping.

“I wonder how shocked he would be when he wakes up” Pinkie Pie said quietly. They stealthily came into the living room.




“Aww man he is still sleeping” Rainbow Dash pouted. They all shushed the pegasus. “You know what we should do girls?” She said. “We definitely get some whip cream and tickle his face so he smacks himself with the cream!” She giggled out loud. Now they all giggled. I heard the fridge open and them taking something out. I felt them putting the whip cream in my hand.

“Okay girls I'll do it” Twilight chuckled.

“No Twilight I'll do it. It was my idea.” Rainbow Dash said. She yelped when she pulled on of her feathers out. She started to tickle me. Right there and then, I smashed the whip cream in her face.

“You’re going to have to try harder to prank me girls” I laughed while getting up. They jumped a bit in shock. Then we all laughed together.

“Ah man, you got me good Alex” Rainbow Dash said wiping the cream of her face.

A bit later I was tensed up thinking they were going to try pranking me all day, but they didn’t. So I took a breather for the rest of the day. I hoped there was no hard feelings between us. Even though they were the ones who started it.

Chapter seven

The days went by. Then the days turned into weeks. As quickly as fall came, so did winter. The snow fell down gently and covered the ground in a blanket of white fluffy snow. I would stare for hours on end when it snowed. I wished it could be winter for longer than three or so months. The girls started to feel the cold and christmas was around the corner. I told them not to bother getting me gifts. But I never told them I wasn’t getting them theirs.

“Hey Alex, when exactly is this Christmas and what exactly is it?” Twilight asked.

“I hope it’s like Hearts Warming Eve!” Pinkie pie yelled.

“Oh now that would be so cool!” Rainbow Dash squealed.

They cheerfully talked to each other for awhile. I had no idea what they were talking about. I think they forgot to that I was still here.

“Oh I forgot that you don’t know much on our traditions. Why do I keep forgetting?” Twilight said hitting her hooves against her head.

“Well if you care I would love to know”, I told her.

They told me about how the the races of ponies fought. How the fighting caused it to get colder and that friendship brought back the warm weather and since then they sang the song of friendship and cheerfully accepted one another.

“That’s fascinating” I remarked

“Well what’s Christmas sweetie?” Rarity asked innocently. They all gathered around. I felt like I was telling a story to a bunch of little kids. Kids who love when someone reads them a story.

“Well it all started when....” I told them the whole story. Saint Nick who became the renowned Santa Claus. Ending how we give each other gifts that come from the heart. They loved it immediately.

“That’s a little bit like our Hearts Warming eve” Rarity said

Time trickled by and I had to get the gifts from John that I got for them. They will probably be upset because they didn’t get me anything but as I thought about it they did. I’m even embarrassed just thinking about it.


Night came and I quietly crept over to John's house. He was awake and ready to give me the gifts.

“Are you sure these are good enough for them?” He said handing me the first gift.

“Oh I hope so. I doubt they will complain” I told him taking one gift at a time. I only got them one each. I don’t know them too well. I pray they will at least thank me for them. I put a lot of time and consideration into them. Trying to get the best gift for each of them.

I quickly and quietly put each present under the tree we’d put up. I felt bad telling them Santa wasn’t real. They were sad that he wasn’t but I told them it is what the giver gives that matters. If is just to buy your friendship it was wrong but if it came from the heart then it is worth it.

I heard some rustling in their room so I quickly put the last one down. I skipped off to the couch that I sleep on and fell asleep rather quickly. Morning came and I slept in not being used to staying up late I had been knackered. I felt one of them violently shaking me.

“Alex wake up. It’s Christmas!” Twilight said excitedly yet through the fog of sleep it sounded distant.

“Yeah, get up lazy bones” Pinkie Pie said shoving me off the couch. I opened my eyes and all I could see is their hooves.

“Come on, wake up Alex!” Rainbow Dash moaned while trying to get me up.That was when I saw a lot of presents under the tree, I sat up still half asleep and wondering how they had gotten here!

“Can we open our presents now dear?” Rarity asked from behind. They were prancing in place.

“Uh go ahead, I won’t stop you.” I said getting up slowly. They tore through them and I wondered where the extra presents had come from.

“Here Alex, this one is for you” Applejack handed me a small box. I opened it slowly but I had noticed the note on it already. To Alex from Celestia. Well that explains the gifts. I opened it and all it had was an IOU.

“What’s wrong Alex?” Applejack asked.

“This is the first christmas present I've ever got” I told her. They gave me a funny look. Thats kinda the reason I told them not to give me any presents. We shared a few laughs and they finally got to my gifts for them.

“Oh? You got us gifts? How thoughtful” Rarity said opening her gift. She took out the beautiful scarf that I found and bought for her. “OH MY SWEET CELESTIA! THIS SCARF IS TO SIMPLY DIE FOR!” she dramatically exclaimed suddenly playing the part of Jacobian Melodrama perfectly. She wrapped it around her neck and did a few poses. “Thanks dear, it is simply perfect!” She said giving me a big hug.

“I found it and thought of you” I said noticing the others glancing enviously over at her lovely new scarf. Fluttershy started opening her gift cautiously in her nervous manner.

“Oh my” she said with a big smile. She took out a cute little bow that was shaped and looked like a butterfly. “This is so cute!” she squeaked putting it in her mane. “Oh how did you know that I love butterflies?” she asked.

“Honestly I know you like animals and your cutie mark is butterflies and when I saw that I bought it instantly just for you.” I got a nice little hug from her. Then I noticed Rainbow Dash and Applejack had started to open their gifts as well.

“Alex this is the coolest gift anyone could give to me” Rainbow Dash put on her new sunglasses.

“Ah yeah! This cowgirl can now hog tie you now Alex!” Applejack jokingly threatened me. She gave a big creepy smile and I couldn’t tell if she was serious or sarcastic. She spun the lasso she got in the air. “I get the feeling like we are gonna get along much better now Alex” nodding her head towards me. I nodded back to assure her that I agreed.

Twilight and Pinkie Pie were next. Twilight opened and shrieked.

“Ahh new books! How did you know I like to read?” she bounced around in excitement. I got her the full series of Indiana Jones. She trolled at the back to understand what it’s about. “This is just like daring do I think.” She looked at it them, studying them quizzically.

I turned my attention to Pinkie Pie. She already opened the gift so I didn’t see her reaction. It was a combo pack: The worlds largest gummy bear and gummy worm. She smiled widely at it. “This is so awesome. Who knew you could make these any bigger!”

“Well I tried as hard as possible to think of a gift for you. Then I saw that and said ‘That’s for Pinkie Pie’” I told her. They all loved their gifts. That put a big grin on my face and there it stayed for the whole entire day.




Chapter eight

Few days later we were back in school and everyone, or everypony, was talking about what they got. The girls bragged about what they got from me which made be feel glad yet still embarrassed.

When we got into health class, we were separated. It was time to learn the pony anatomy. Over the course of the rest of the card marking we learn from Nurse Red Heart, a nice and kind yet serious white pony with pink hair, I thought to myself ‘What’s up with ponies and pink hair?’

“Okay kids, sit down. We’ve got a lot to talk about,” she started writing some stuff down on the chalkboard. It was easy enough to understand at first but as it so happened after a few weeks I was completely lost. The only thing I couldn’t wrap around my head was how pony babies were made. How do they have children! First it started off with magic then some crap about heaven knows what. Good thing it didn’t affect my grade much.

Those few weeks with Nurse Redheart were the most confusing part of my life, but what it made it even worse was with the girls. They were just about as confused as I was. After each day one of them would complain.

“I don’t get it Twilight” Rarity fussed.

“It doesn’t make a lick of sense” Applejack would say.

“I didn’t know Alex had a magical horn” Pinkie said. Thats where I drew the line.

“Oh god Pinkie no! I do not have a magical horn” I sighed and rolled my eyes. “It’s just an expression.” Twilight came in at this point.

“What’s going on here?” She asked.

“Alex says he doesn’t have a magical horn. But I know he does! Thats what Mr. House told us” She complained.

“He doesn’t have a magical horn pinkie. It was an expression” She told her carefully.

“Thank you for clarifying twilight” I said in exasperation.

“But I don’t know how it works out exactly though.” she was rubbing her chin. This didn’t look good for me. So before any of the two could react I ducked out of the house and went for a walk. A really long walk.

And so the end of the semester came. Unfortunately we still had the same classes, in fact the only class that changed was health. Instead we had a drawing class. Our teacher was Mrs. Phoenix; she was a lot like Rarity, she looked at every little detail when doing something, she was a perfectionist.

After a few weeks a question I had meant to ask them a while ago just popped up in my head. So I decided to ask them, the perfect time was dinner, as most of the time we would eat together.

“Hey girls I want to ask you something that’s been on my mind.”

“What do you want to ask us?” Rarity inquired.

“Well I want to know what you girls plan on doing for summer. Because we have like, three to four months. So if you want to go somewhere for a few weeks let me know.” I said whilst getting up to wash my plate. They looked at each other as if they had separate plans.

“Oh we will let you know when we rustle up some ideas.” Applejack waved me off. They started an idle conversation.

“Well if you would like help figuring out some of that stuff I'd be glad to help” I nodded with a smile.

Only a couple weeks were left and the girls are getting ancy. I had to find a way to calm them down at least. So I did the only thing I could think of. “Girls you need to calm down. It’s only the first year and you’re acting like you’re graduating.” I scorned them like they were little children or perhaps fillies...

“I’m sorry Alex. I’m just looking forward to our break” Twilight said

“Yeah! We’re going to go back to Equestria!” Pinkie blurted out.

“Oh is that the name of the place you come from?” I asked.

“Yes it is dear. How have you not learnt that?” Rarity remarked. I just replied with a shrug.

“Well we were planning on going back for the break so we can give you some time away from us.” Twilight explained, elaborating into their mindset.


“If that’s your decision. I won’t stop you. But what I really want to know from this is if you will be coming back for school next year” I said hanging my head down in shame. Twilight ran off to get the others.

“Well since we are all here, we’re going to tell you our plan. After spending a year here with you and going to school.” She paused and we spent an awkward moment sitting around. I decided to break the silence.

“What’s with this awkward pause Twilight?” I asked worried for the answer.

“Oh yeah I told her to take a pause for dramatic effect.” Rainbow Dash said she received a dirty look from Twilight for her comment but she sighed and continued.

“like I was saying, Yes we do plan on coming back. Might as well finish what we started right?” she said. I nodded to to show I approved of their decision.

“But we wanted to tell you in like the final week but now I think it’s better this way. You know I'm not good at saying goodbye Twi” Applejack said.

The last few weeks they tried to make it special. They wanted to leave with me having good memories that would last over the summer break. It saddened me though. I hadn’t made many friends in school and the ones who I did become friends with were ponies going back to equestria for the break.

The day came and school ended. It’s the day I’d been dreading. All my friends came to say goodbye to me. I was happy that they all said they’d come back. Then. The girls came to say goodbye.

“I might as well get this out” Rainbow Dash said followed by Applejack. They both gave me a quick hug.Then Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy hugged me goodbye as well. Then Twilight and Rarity.

“Will you write to me?” I asked shyly.

“Oh you can count on it!” Pinkie Pie yelled. She hugged me again.

A portal open up from behind them. I waved all of my friends off. Even the pony teachers went with them. Last one to leave was Fluttershy. She had something in her hooves. She quickly flew to me handed me a flower and was gone.

Now I’m alone with the fond memories.

Too be continued...