• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 452 Views, 1 Comments

Hexirit's Curse - BoredWriter



After research into Rot Wolves, Twilight discovers Cadence was cursed many years ago and it has descended upon her first Foal: Flurry Heart. After removing the curse, Flurry Heart reverts into an regular unicorn.

  • ...
 1
 452

The Alicorn Curse

Author's Note:

This contains OCs introduced in my previous stories. Descriptions are here

Twilight helps Starlight and Sunburst carry Flurry Heart to the castle, Pinkie Pie carrying a basket of streamers on her back bounces close, she takes a look at Flurry and nudges her "Awww aren't you just the cutest! I could just stare at you all day".

"Are you sure Pinkie? Cadence asked us specifically to watch over Flurry Heart to keep her magic under control."

"Oh I can survive" Pinkie Pie stops and asks "But... how long will Shining Armor and Cadence be in Trottingham?"

Sunburst explains as Pinkie places Flurry Heart on a couch "Trade meetings can take a long time. They said they'll be back tomorrow evening at the train station to pick us up, then return to the Crystal Empire".

Spike says "That's Hearts and Hooves Day! I wonder if they're secretly having a date..."

Twilight looks at Spike annoyed.

Pinkie opens a book "Here's a nice quiet spot. How about a story?"

Brazier, Rain Drops, and Study Steed walk in and ask Twilight. "Would you like a smoke detector installed in your castle?"

"A smoke detector?" Twilight asks.

Brazier shows Twilight a smoke detector "It's an invention by Cirrus that sets off an alarm whenever a fire is detected". The detector goes off as Spike sniffs it.

"Thanks for the offer boys, but it would probably go off non-stop with Spike around".

Rain Drops spots Pinkie Pie and whispers to Brazier, who then asks "May we speak with Pinkie Pie for a minute?"

"Pinkie? I guess you can". Twilight beckons Pinkie, who leaves the book with Flurry Heart.

"You can read right?" Flurry Heart falls asleep.

Sunburst sits at the table and opens his books "We'll stay nearby in case something goes wrong". Starlight points to the other table where Applejack is reading books.

Twilight notices and asks "Applejack? You're not here often" she looks at the book Applejack is reading "The History of Rot Wolves?"

Applejack "It sure is y'all. I discovered the most amazing thing about them".

Twilight looks excited "Really? What did you learn?"

Applejack points to a picture of Timber Wolves and apple trees. "Once a year, the Rot Wolf life magic in Timber Wolves causes an energy reaction to zap apple trees. This process causes Timber Wolves to howl while the life magic fuels zap apples to grow. The life magic bounds zap apples to the tree until they are fully grown, which is when they develop an magically enhanced taste. After a day, the zap apple tree's life magic will dissipate, alongside any zap apples unharvested".

Sunburst and Starlight read Sunburst's book uninterested of what Applejack says, while Twilight claps "That is really fascinating! What else does it say?"

Applejack hesitates worried "I uh... never wanted to read anything else besides that. The next page is...". She shivers, while Twilight turns the page anyways.

"The War Against Ponies" Twilight looks at the book concerned "This looks like important information to know as a princess".

Starlight says "Didn't that war end an millennia ago? You know how it went. Discord rises to power and causes chaos, the Rot Wolves take advantage of the chaos and cause a war with ponies. Celestia and Luna defeat Discord and the ponies chase the Rot Wolves out of Equestria. It's in the 3rd Edition of Early Equestia History".

Twilight looks at part of the page "Here's some of the dark magic they used in the war... plenty of stuff about Timber Wolves. It looks like they made troops out of anything they could find.They used life magic to quickly grow trees and bushes for food".

Twilight gasps "...And they could curse ponies!?" She magically drags Spike over who was reading a comic book "I thought curses were a myth in Equestria!"

Starlight shrugs "Well technically Rot Wolves aren't in Equestria... except Dark Bark".

Twilight vigorously reads "Rot Wolf curses have long chronic effects on ponies to do wrong against their will until they fulfill a purpose, and cannot be detected by pony magic" She starts shaking "For example, the curse Rythloyn Detryism forces a pony to obey your every command until they save your life. See the Dark Magic Guide Manual for further details".

Applejack shakes her head "That sounds more awful than a two liter cider barrel left outside overnight".

Spike responds "Well I obeyed your every command until I saved your life. It's not that bad".


Twilight drops the book "Do you know what this could do to ponies?! I need to talk to Dark Bark right now!". She teleports away.

Sunburst scratches his chin "You know... I'm kind of worried right now Starlight. What if a pony is cursed by a Rot Wolf and is still around today?"

Starlight reassures him "If there were they'd be acting suspicious. We'd know it".

Applejack looks nervous and leaves "This evil dark magic voodoo is getting a bit creepy... I'll see y'all later."


Twilight enters the dump "Dark Bark! I need to talk to you!"

"Yes Princess Twilight?"

"I've been reading about Rot Wolf curses, and I'm really worried somepony might be suffering from their long term effects. Do you know anything that might help me identify them?"

Dark Bark looks at Twilight serious, she backs away frightened "Curses are the most powerful form of Rot Wolf magic, very few Rot Wolves can cast them".

Twilight is worried "But some were used... right?"

Dark Bark nods "Obviously, why else would they exist. And I know which ones to, I own a copy of the Curse Records Book".

Twilight asks "The what?"

"It's a record book for every instance of a Rot Wolf curse being used. I kept it for myself to help me remember how awful Rot Wolves are."

"CAN I BORROW IT? PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEASE".

Dark Bark holds up a book glowing green "You can but..."

Twilight immediately picks up the book with her magic, but it unleashes a giant laser at Twilight, launching her into a stack of trash. Dark Bark drags her out "Calm down, the book itself is cursed. It will react violently if it comes in contact with ponies or their magic. I could read it to you if you want.


Starlight and Spike meets Twilight with Dark Bark at the castle "So, find anything? Ugh, you don't smell so good. You should take a bath."

"No time for that!" Twilight runs to the library and sits down "Dark Bark, read the HEYY!!!"

Dark Bark licks some trash off Twilight. "Oh... yeah. Here, The Curse Records Book by...".

"JUST READ THE BOOK". Twilight eagerly tells Spike. "Write down any ponies mentioned in the book, and the curse they've been afflicted with".

Dark Bark hesitates "But..."

Twilight magically turns Dark Barks head to the book "THIS IS A EMERGENCY".


"50 Moons later, Rhythloyn Detryism was removed from Navy Tail due to the removal conditions being met" Dark Bark reads.

Spike asks "A lot of these curses have been removed from their victims. Do we still have to write them down?" Twilight nods to Spike's disgust.

Sunburst points out "I see Rythloyn Detryism has been used a lot during the Equestria war, and every Rot Wolf who used it on a pony made them forage waste for the caster to eat. The curse kept breaking because the ponies saved them from starvation".

"Is Rhythloyn Detryism the only one Rot Wolf curse?" Starlight exclaims. "Bind a pony to your will? There's atleast a dozen unicorn spells that do the same thing, I even tried them all".

Spike reads "It says it's the first curse invented by Ghrrock and was the only one known at the time. Some more complex ones were made later on. This new one was cast on Celestia and Luna."

"Really?" Sunburst asks "What does it say?"

"When ponies started eating their food before Rot Wolves steal it, one invented the curse Regurtitrude, this makes a pony vomit everything they ate that day, so the Rot Wolves can effectively steal food from ponies that was already eaten. This curse breaks once all food has been successfully vomited." Spike looks at it impressed. "Sounds pretty smart if you ask me."

The unicorns back away from the book disgusted. Starlight asks "Is there a curse used on a familiar pony, that hasn't been cured?"

Dark Bark flips to the end of the book. "None in here".

Spike drops the scroll and pencil "I didn't see any. So are we safe?"

Dark Bark sighs "Not exactly, I tried to point out the book has been out of date of the last twenty years."

Spike asks "So? Ponies never interacted with Rot Wolves for hundreds of years, up until you came here."

"Except Hexirit once, hes the author of the book."

"Hexirit? Who's that?" Twilight asks.

"I've read a lot about him. Hexirit is the most powerful Rot Wolf in the wastelands, and the only one who knows how to use alicorn magic". Dark Bark explains "Ten years ago, he entered Equestria on his own and tried to steal resources and torment ponies who got in his way. Princess Cadence was sent to defeat him."

A flashback occurs where Hexirit summons a dragon made of sticks, but Cadence blasts it apart. After defeating the dragon both Cadence and Hexirit are tired. They each fire weak magic at each other, then other ponies throw rocks at Hexirit, who runs away from Equestria.

"DID HE CURSE CADENCE?!"

Flurry Heart wakes up scared from the yelling. Starlight tries to calm Twilight "I doubt it, if he did Cadence would be taking orders from Hexirit or vomiting everything she eats."

Dark Bark nods "He said he did".

Twilight shakes uncontrollably "HE DID?! WHAT CURSE"

"It was an experimental curse he calls Aliloyn Detryism by combining alicorn magic with Rhythloyn Detryism. It turns ponies under his command into Alicorns, making them more effective slaves. He used it on ponies who intrude the Waste Lands".

"But Cadence isn't under his control, is she?"

"Ponies who are already Alicorns are immune to the effects of the curse"

Spike stops sweating "Phew.... I was getting kind of worried".

"But it is hereditary"

Twilight freezes, her pupils turn to Flurry Heart".

"When Aliloyn Detryism is unable to take effect on a pony, it passes itself onto their first child".

Starlight picks up Flurry Heart and panics "FLURRY HEART IS UNDER HEXIRIT'S CONTROL?!"

"Well... not entirely. Last year Hexirit complained Cadence's love for Flurry Heart was interfering with the curse so he couldn't keep her under his control most of the time. Before I left for Equestria he was bragging about how he gave Flurry Heart a power surge and got her to destroy a relic. I think it was called the um... Crystal Heart?" All ponies in the room look shocked at eachother "He swore he'd take Equestria for himself by controlling Flurry Heart and take important ponies down frm within.

Dark Bark shrugs "It's how he got crowned Lord of Rot Wolves."

Sunburst exclaims "If Cadence's love is interfering with Hexirit's control, and she's away to Trottingham... then..."

Flurry Heart flies upwards as her eyes suddenly turn bright yellow. A maniacal voice cries out "I WILL DESTROY YOU PRINCESS TWILIGHT!"

She fires a laser at Twilight but misses, then says "How do you control this again?"

Flurry Heart flies in random directions firing spells, Twilight panics as Starlight uses her magic to hold Flurry Heart. "QUICK! Is there any way to dispel Aliloyn Detryism?"

Dark Bark smiles "Yup! The emergency curse backfire protocol spells are right here. Let's see..."

Flurry Heart cries out "OH NO YOU DON'T!" A bookshelf comes to live and starts firing books at Dark Bark. Twilight puts a magical shield over him.

"Here it is!" Dark Bark fires a green dark spell on Flurry Heart. Her eyes stop glowing yellow as dark energy vents off her, then she starts to flap her wings slower. The dark energy form a evil face that says "Why did I write that in the book" before vaporizing. Twilight catches her as the living books fall to the ground around them.

Flurry Heart smiles and cheers as Twilight hugs her. She cries tears for joy as Starlight and Sunburst watch.

Spike returns to his couch with his comic book "I'm glad that's over".

Twilight stops hugging Flurry Heart and holds her up "Auntie Twily is here for you". She then gasps. "HER WINGS!"

Flurry Heart's wings start shriveling up, then burst into dust.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?"

Dark Bark explains "When Aliloyn Detryism is removed, it returns the pony to their former state as the Alicorn magic in the curse dissipates. It would appear Flurry Heart was really a unicorn until she inherited the curse from Cadence." He rests his head exhausted "I've used up all my Rot Wolf magic, I'm going back to the dump". Dark Bark quickly eats the contents of the library trash bin, then leaves.

Sunburst says "I knew there was something suspicious about a baby Alicorn."

Twilight panics "She's not an Alicorn... NO... NOOO! All of Equestria believes Flurry Heart is an Alicorn. If they discover she isn't you know what would happen?"

Starlight hesitates and looks at Flurry Heart who is sucking her hoof "No?"

"I DONT KNOW EITHER! AND I DONT WANT TO FIND OUT! We need to turn her back into an Alicorn". Twilight takes out a book "It has to be in here somewhere".

Sunburst says "Isn't that forbidden by Equestria law? Only Alicorn Princesses can turn ponies to Alicorns, any pony who does by other means is to be banished from Equestria."

Starlight points to Twilight "But she IS an Alicorn Princess!"

"Oh... right."

Twilight inspects Flurry Heart then hears a knock on the library door. Rarity enters as Twilight hides Flurry Heart under a blanket.

"Oh... hey Rarity! Need something." Twilight looks at Rarity nervous.

Rarity looks around "Pinkie Pie wants..."

Twilight magically grabs a book and hands it to Rarity.

"But this is a cook book. Pinkie wants a dating instructions manual."

Twilight shouts "SHE NEEDS A WHAT!?" She notices Flurry Heart wake up from the yell. "Oh... heh heh I don't think I have that kind of book."

Rarity looks concerned "Oh I see, how's Flurry Heart?"

Twilight wraps Flurry Heart to cover her sides and holds her up. "Perfectly okay! We're just... stabilizing her magic. Better leave before she shoots you."

Rarity backs out the door.

Starlight gets up "Pinkie Pie is a special somepony? That's almost as ridiculous as me being a special somepony."

"Just ignore it, it was probably one of her pranks." Twilight flipping through books "This is serious, we have to make Flurry Heart an Alicorn again before Shining Armor finds out."

Spike swats his nose "And you should take a shower before he finds out how bad you smell."


Sunburst starts feeding Flurry Heart baby food as Starlight watches. The mail pony walks in and asks "Is that the royal baby?"

"WHAT NO! Pfffft Flurry Heart is an Alicorn with wings. Does this look like an Alicorn to you?" Starlight holds up Flurry Heart to the mail pony.

"Oh sorry ma'am".

Starlight gives a sigh of relief. Sunburst whispers "Good thing he didn't find out"

The mail pony then says "But that is still a really nice baby you two have".

Sunburst and Starlight look at each other creeped out.

"I mean the baby is a unicorn and you two..." Starlight magically pushes the mail pony out of the castle. "WAIT! You forgot to take this!" The mail pony holds up a letter. "I'll just place it here". He places a letter on the castle steps.


Twilight returns downstairs "Is Flurry Heart fed?"

Sunburst nods.

"Nothing strange happen with Flurry Heart?"

Starlight looks at Twilight nervous "Somepony mistook Flurry Heart as our child. Never again."


"Well that won't be happening again once we turn her back into an Alicorn. The castle of the two sisters should have the spell Celestia uses."


Spike waves as Twilight pushes a stroller with Flurry Heart followed by Sunburst and Starlight. He steps on a letter "What's this?" As he walks back into the castle he reads the letter "The meeting was cancelled due to low attendance, heading back to Ponyville to pick up Flurry Heart. Shining Armor and Princess Cadence."

"So it wasn't a date I guess." He looks at the castle and says to himself "If no pony is home and Shining Armor and Cadence arrive, they'll think we all went outside somewhere, then they'll wait for Twilight so she can revert Flurry Heart!" Spike heads towards Rarity's house "Time to be the most supportive friend!"


Spike enters Rarity's house, where she's sewing a formal suit. "Hey Rarity, Is that a suit you're making?" Rarity turns to Spike from her work and nods. "Usually you make dresses, is this for Hearts and Hoove's day?"

"It's for a very special somepony."

Spike frowns "We'll, hes a very lucky somepony too."

Rarity rubs Spike's head "Oh Spike, this isn't for my special somepony, it's for a... friend of family. I do have a special some dragon though."

"You... don't have to say that to make me feel better."

"Oh... no... I'm serious. But yes he is a very lucky somepony too. Good friends are honest with each other" She hugs Spike "Especially the most supportive one." Rarity shows Spike the suit.

"It looks great Rarity!"


"This has to be it. I cant seem to open it though". Twiight tries to cast spells on an very old book, but it refuses to open. Sunburst looks in another book "Only Celestia and Luna have been able to read it. Have you tried alicorn magic?"

Twilight looks at the back, which has icons of a moon and a sun. She magically swaps the moon and the sun's places. The book opens.

"It must be in here!"


Spike rides Rarity towards the train station "He's going to love this, not quite as much as his special somepony but..."

Shining Armor and Cadence leave the train. Shining Armor calls him "Spike! The brave and glorious! It turns out Griffinstone wasn't interested in trading goods. How's my favorite sister and daughter?"

"They're... fine."

Cadence magically hands Spike a bag of green gems "Thank you Spike, it must have been difficult handling her. But where is she? WE sent a letter and asked to be at the train station.

Spike hesitates "Uh... well... they left..."

"To where?"

Spike looks nervous at Shining Armor. "I don't know if I can say it. Twilight might..."

Cadance looks concerned and tells Spike "You're Spike the brave and glorious. Please..."

Rarity looks at Spike with the same concern.

Spike looks at Rarity and gets a flashback to Inspiration Manifestation "Dearest Spike, you should never be afraid to tell me the truth."

He quickly blurts out "Something bad happened to Flurry Heart."

"WHAT!" Shining Armor grabs Spike and runs towards the castle. Cadence follows.

"They're at the castle of the two sisters."

"What happened?!" Cadence asks urgently.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you on the way."


Twilight reads the ancient alicorn spell book "Alicorn transfiguration... this spell looks really complex! Do you really think I can do this?"

Starlight holds up Flurry Heart to Twilight, who looks at Twilight worried. "Don't worry, I've used dangerously powerful and risky magic before. You're way better than me at this."

"And if I fail... this will be the last I see Flurry Heart."

Twilight charges a magic spell at Flurry Heart who starts to tear up. She stops charging the spell. "No. She was in danger when Hexirit took control, I can't let her go through that again." She hugs Flurry Heart "Being with you means more than disappointing all of Equestria."

Sunburst nods "I think you made the right choice. I don't know what Shining Armor and Cadence would say about it though."


Cadence and Shining Armor reach the castle of the two sisters with Spike, who calls behind. "Rarity, do you need help?"

Rarity tries to untangle herself of the forest's wild growth "The wild is so... ugh, but I'm fine. I just hope everything is fine with Flurry Heart too."

Cadence tells Spike "I did fight Hexirit ten years ago, but I don't remember him casting a curse. Atleast I didn't feel one."

"The curse has no effect on Alicorns, but it is hereditary. Their first child becomes an Alicorn under his control."

Shining Armor yells "SHES UNDER HIS CONTROL?!"

"IS SHE ALRIGHT?"

Twilight carries Flurry Heart out of the library and smiles as Flurry Heart does back, but hears Shining Armor and Cadence's loud questioning. "They'll understand. I know it."


In the throne room, Twilight approaches Shining Armor and Cadence. She nervously hands Flurry Heart to Cadence speechless.

"She looks okay" Cadence hugs Flurry Heart in the blanket.

Shining asks "What was it about the curse?"

Twilight simply looks at them hopeless. Spike explains "When you left Flurry Heart with us, your love for Flurry Heart stopped interfering with Hexirit's control, and she started attacking us. But thanks to our new friend Dark Bark, he removed the curse from Flurry Heart. It has a... bit of a side effect though." Spike pulls the blanket off Flurry Heart, revealing her wings are gone.

Her parents look puzzled.

"Hexirit's curse made Flurry Heart an alicorn under his control, so he could make her destroy Equestria from the inside, he even got her to destroy the Crystal Heart. But when we removed the curse, the alicorn status went with it. Flurry Heart turned into an regular unicorn, as she was meant to be."

Cadence nods to Shining Armor, who then says "Removing a dangerous curse so she could be herself is a lot more important to us than her being an alicorn." He holds up Flurry Heart "The Crystal Empire will understand."

Twilight perks up "So you're not angry?"

"Not at all. But I would like to see this new friend of yours, I never heard of a pony who could remove Rot Wolf curses."

Starlight says "He's not a pony."



The next morning, Shining Armor and Cadence stand in front of the Crystal Empire gathered around the crystal heart, with Spike and Dark Bark. The crowd look nervous at Dark Bark.

Shining Armor announces "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day everypony! We gather today to acknowledge our thanks to our new friend, for removing a dangerous curse from the royal baby."

Cadence announces "Flurry Heart is no longer an alicorn, or possessed by evil, but is now her true self." She holds up Flurry Heart as a unicorn to the Crystal Empire.

The crowd simply shrugs, then cheers.

Shining Armor taps Dark Bark "Thank you for restoring our child. We are eternally grateful and will keep in touch. For now, why don't you enjoy yourself here?"

Dark Bark jumps toward the crystal ponies who back away. He proceeds to eat out of a trash can.

Cadence tells Spike "And thank you for your new friend. If you sent Dark Bark back to the Waste Lands we'd never have cured Flurry Heart."

The guards pick up Spike "FOR SPIKE THE BRAVE AND GLORIOUS!"


Sunburst approaches Starlight "Now that Flurry Heart's magic is easier to control, I have lot's of free time again. Want to celebrate somewhere?"

Starlight thinks to herself "Can we continue from where we left off?"


Back at Ponyville, Starlight and Sunburst have a picnic with a stack of books. Sunburst opens a book "Just like the old times."

Starlight relaxes "Phew. Peace at last."

The CMCs approach "Hey Starlight, is that your special somepony?"

Starlight gets up angrily, then the mail pony goes up to them with a Hearts and Hooves Day Card and asks "Shouldn't you two be watching over your baby?"




































"






















"

Comments ( 1 )

This has been reviewed by me HERE.

Login or register to comment