• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,240 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,240

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 35

Progress Report Week 35
Well, some oddness so far this week. I was preparing early for my lessons while finishing revising the last few stories for Redline, when Compound Sigil walked in on me and discovered me writing three different papers simultaneously. I was so engrossed in my efforts that I hadn't noticed anypony enter, until I heard him inhale sharply through his teeth. I turned around and was startled to see a look closely resembling fear on his face. He immediately began interrogating me about the practice, and when I mentioned my multi-focal abilities, he went pale (well about as pale as a dark blue equine can go) and sat down abruptly. Not sure what had him so concerned, but I found it more than a little disconcerting. He recovered enough to go on with the day's studies, but I sensed a tension in him I hadn't noticed before, and he seemed to want to slow down a bit. I don't like where that seems to be going. He ended the study time early, insisting that he had important concerns he needed to discuss with Twilight. I can guess what it was about. I don't really see the problem, though. I've not had any problems with migraines for weeks now.

—————

I just got an idea for a historical-fantasy novel. A young filly who discovers unusual magic abilities, combining the magic of all three tribes. Set before the Equestrian founding, during the inter-tribal warfare period, her magic abilities enable her to end the conflict between the tribes and enact a lasting peace. An alternate to the "Hearth's Warming" version of history. The more I think about it, the more I like it.

—————

Spa day with Rosie, Rarity, and Fluttershy. I didn't realize how much I had missed this after skipping out on it for so many weeks. I wonder if I could get an increase in my stipend, I would really like to go weekly. That is, if I can remember to go. Muffins is looking better, though she's a bit slower than she used to be. Fluttershy was happy with her progress, though, so I'm not worried. Redline and I have finally sorted out our disagreement over the language. With the new stories, I think she has partially come around to my view, and we've reached a compromise. The collection will be organized in three separate volumes, with the more obscure and "difficult" tales having their own volume. I spent most of the rest of the day thinking about mother, and how she would have enjoyed reading these stories. I think I'll go to bed a little early tonight. Maybe I'll see if Rosie wants to stay with me.

PreviousChapters Next