• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,240 Views, 85 Comments

A Muffin For Muffins - BatwingCandlewaxxe



For Ditzy Doo. a developmentally disabled pony, an intelligence enhancement spell proves to be both a greater blessing, and a greater curse, than anypony could have expected.

  • ...
8
 85
 1,240

PreviousChapters Next
Progress Report Week 15

Progress Report Week 15
I told Rose about my breakdown last week. She was very sympathetic. She invited me over to her house to talk, said she could afford to close the shop early; but I had to get back to the castle for a tutoring session. We walked close together on the way back to her shop, and had an extra-long hug. She made me promise to talk to her right away if I ever felt that bad or needed a withers to cry on, even if it's late at night. She's been such a good friend. It still makes me sad to think about mother, but it was so long ago I don't understand why it hit me so hard all of a sudden. In any case, it was immensely comforting to know that she's concerned for me. I feel so lucky to have her as a friend. I told her about Muffins, and she replied that the thought of me playing with a little mouse like that sounded adorable. I don't know about that, but I do like spending time with Muffins, and she certainly seems to like me. It's too bad she's a research animal, I think she'd make a great companion pet. I've started teaching her a few simple tricks, and she learns unbelievably fast.

Becoming interested in Pegasus magic. Always thought it was purely passive, but apparently that's not the case. It's not as manipulable as Unicorn magic, but there's more to it than just flight and cloudwalking and weather control. A sort of... focused application that enhances certain abilities. The most obvious example is the way that some pegasi can use it to push their speed well beyond the norm, with secondary effects manifesting, like the faintly-coloured contrails Rainbow Dash and most of the Wonderbolts leave when they're pushing themselves to extraordinary speeds. Apparently, there are a number of martial arts techniques to enhance and project kinetic energy in hoof and wing strikes as well, but those appear to be kept mostly secret due to their military application. I think RD knows a few of the basic forms, I wonder if she'd demonstrate if I asked her.

—————

Princess Twilight has arranged for new tutors, particularly language tutors so I can start studying more of the old languages. I've picked up a bit of Late and Middle Unicornian, and a little Classical Pegasic as well. My modern Pegasic is almost fluent, but it's really the Classical I'm interested in. Not a lot of the old pegasus mythology has been written down, they were more interested in recording military campaigns, but some exists, and I would love to add it to my repertoire.

PreviousChapters Next