• Published 23rd Aug 2016
  • 188 Views, 1 Comments

The Other Hive - PegasusPotato



Follow a Changeling hive as they struggle to find Love, and 4 brave changelings search for it.

  • ...
 1
 188

Chapter One - Crazy Ideas

I sat in class, unlike most hives, ours had a school system. Normally we'd learn the safest ways to transform, but not today, or for a while. We were learning how to strengthen weak love, transform while weak, and other related subjects. You may ask why, but the towns near our hives are having ponies move out into bigger cities for jobs, the biggest town here has a population of 4, but all the ponies are too old to have offspring. We'd move our hive, but most of us, even the Queen and Princesses are too weak to move.

"Hey"

I jumped at the voice, turning around and seeing my 'friends', Rain, Mud, and Shadow.

"You scared me there." I said.

Shadow would reply with "Drop, you're scared of about everything."

Shadow was what we considered a 'Antibuzzkelt', a changeling with 50% Changeling magic and 50% Pony magic, instead of the normal 75% Changeling magic and 25% Pony magic, so his holes were extremely small, and he had fur, they would usually work at the nursery. They can also emit weak love, but sadly, only 2 of them live in the hive; Shadow, and Queen Crystalya, whom has half of her mane and tail a black color, the other half blue with a white streak. She had two daughters, Princess Star and Princess Slyther, but their appearances are unknown, due to a semi-new tradition I'm too lazy to explain right now.

"Anyways, I've got a great idea."

"Oh no! Shadow has ANOTHER great idea! NOTHING could go wrong, this time!"

"Aww, c'mon Rain, when did they ever go wrong"

"Maybe that time you almost injured the QUEEN and got us all punished? Or that time you destroyed half of the hive, causing the Queen of the Main Hive, Crysalis, to come in rage?"

"The last one wasn't THAT bad!"

I facehooved at Shadow's words while Rain and he would argue. Mud attempted to break up the fight. "Just listen to Shadow's idea!"

"Thank you! Somechangeling who knows how great my ideas are! Anyways, I was thinking we could sneak out and find love."

Mud and I screamed in unison "WHAT?"

"You could feed off my love!"

"Just... Just... Why do we even listen to you?"

I watched for multiple minutes as an argue broke out, Queen Crystalya holding up a CD player and playing intense music in the background.

I noticed Mud lighting up her horn, and blasting weak magic at Shadow, who luckily dodged, I hissed, Shadow shot magic at Mud, and soon, Mud, Sgadow, Rain, and I were in a battle, multiple changelings trying to break us up and dodge magic, soon magic pulled us apart, and I looked up to see dark purple eyes glaring at us. We bowed. "Q..Queen Crystalya I..I'm sorry..." Rain said.

"Dungeons tomorrow."

We nodded, and Queen Crystalya left. We sighed in relief. "What now..
?"

Shadow grinned, I knew he was thinking about his idea, which was probably his craziest.

I sighed, his ideas will get us killed. If not killed, banished. He's risking our lives for a lost cause. I can't believe he's made it this far. He looked at us, gdinning, then dragged us by our tails with his magic, somehow, drags us out of the hive and a good distance without being caught. I sometimes wonder how he does these things. I learnt it makes more sense when you ignore it, oddly enough. I sighed, knowing my life is now in Shadow's hooves.

This isn't going to end well, I know it.

Author's Note:

I hope you like this, and i wrote on phone so apologies for any errors. I'm excited to introduce Star and Slyther, as they are... Interesting