• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 396 Views, 2 Comments

A Pegasus' Past - Hazel_Hester777

  • ...
 2
 396

The Gathering

“Wait, what did you say?”

“Fluttershy’s still here?”

“Yeah, I keep mentioning that. You see, I took over this body to make those who abused her suffer. But, there will still also be a way in which you could free her from this and allow me to pass on”

“Pass on?”

“Oppressors?”

“Exactly, you can deal with that. I, on the other hoof, have other plans” saying so, Rose opened the door. She looked around, seemingly taking in the view. Then there was a smile on her face, a grin actually. She had a lot of plans, many targeting every single pony that made Fluttershy a doormat. She glanced at her cutie mark; the part with Fluttershy was beginning to fade. Poison Rose can just picture what would it be once the transition is complete; Fluttershy will take her place in death as she will pose as her for the rest of her life. The only thing different about her living, is that she will be the opposite of Fluttershy.

“I guess I’ll start with either that Minotaur or her friends”

Twilight and Bunny could only look on as the mare flew off into the sky.

“She’s gonna start causing much trouble, Bunny”

“Not if I can help it! Twilight, you need to come with me. I might have something that can help us get our Fluttershy back now come on!”

The Alicorn had no choice; she followed the alien into the cottage.

________________________________________

“Let’s see. “Double personality”…”Dreams and Contacts”…”Vampirics”…” Bunny read aloud the labels of the books as she scoured through the shelves of her hidden room. Twilight just watched around the room. It had more books than there were in her library. Bunny even told her that these copies are just a fraction of the libraries back at her home planet. If these were just a fraction, then how much could they be if they are all together? But there was no time to think about books; she had to get her marefriend back!

“Ah! Finally I found it! “Freeing Haunting Souls”!” Bunny exclaimed when she finally found the book. She laid the book on her desk, flipped through the pages, and finally, she found a spell.

“Okay, here it is. I’m gonna need something that contains Poison Rose’s and Fluttershy’s DNA. For Fluttershy’s, we better get the hair from her hairbrush”

“What about Poison Rose?”

“She said it herself; the necklace has a few of her own hair strands. I can open it to get the remains. There’s something else we need: a strike of lightning to unmerge them”

“Well, we can get Rainbow Dash for that and…wait what?!”

“Hey, a lightning strike merged them then a lightning strike can unmerge them. Besides, it’s written right here, “To fully unmerge two souls, get a sample of each of their DNA and when you chant the spell, use what caused the merge to happen again to fully separate both from each other””

“But,” Twilight felt fear. “Won’t that kill her?”

“I don’t know, but this is the only one I have here. But what would you rather have, Twilight? Poison Rose impersonating Fluttershy for the rest of her life, or for them to finally be at peace with each other?”

Twilight looked down sadly. She does want Fluttershy back and Poison Rose to stop causing chaos, but she is hesitant to risk Fluttershy’s own life in the process. But then she remembered how Fluttershy decided to risk her own control just for her. But Twilight knew that if she really loved her, she has to risk letting her go.

She sighed. “Okay, let’s go find Dash”

Right then, and ironically, Rainbow Dash just crashed through the wall, leaving behind a pile of rubble. But not a second passed when the rubble began to move and put themselves back together in the wall. All that was left from the aftermath was a Rainbow Dash with her face flat on the floor, she looked really hurt.

“Won’t have to; she’s already here” Spike came inside. He had a black eye and a cast on his left arm.

“Spike! Rainbow Dash! What happened to you?!” Twilight and Bunny screamed simultaneously.

“I was on my way to Sugarcube Corner when I bumped into Fluttershy. I wanted to greet her, but she grabbed me by the mouth and began to beat me up. When I asked her what she was doing and why, she just told this was what I get for laughing when she had the voice of “Flutterguy””

“And then I flew to Ponyville and spotted them. I tried to stop the fight by sneaking behind her by surprise but right when I said, “Boo!” to normally scare her, she grabbed me by my neck and left Spike to face me. I tried to convince myself that this was just a joke and that she’s only messing around, but she showed no mercy. She said that this was what I get for always snubbing her off. Eventually, she saw Mr.Greenhooves overwatering her petunias and just finished me off by throwing me here. I guess Spike followed me after bandaging himself. Ow! It hurts!”

“Guys, that wasn’t Fluttershy” Twilight said.

“What do you mean? If it wasn’t Fluttershy then who was it?” Rainbow asked, then looked around as though checking to see if she was anywhere in sight. “Please tell me she didn’t hear that”

“That was Poison Rose, Fluttershy’s long-dead twin sister. She took over Fluttershy just today” Bunny said in reply.

“Wait, that was who?!” Rainbow and Spike exclaimed together.

“Guess we got explaining to do”

________________________________________

“Okay! Okay! One bit for cherry!” one of the ponies selling cherries wailed as Poison Rose nodded, with a promise to do it again if he ever does that again. She clearly remembered him from the time Fluttershy needed to buy a cherry but he kept saying he should pay ten bits. Poison Rose had finally finished her work with all the ponies who tricked Fluttershy in the whole market, even dealing with the mailman! She flew off to deal with her next targets.

And there they were!

“Ah! Iron Will and his pesky little goats! Time to finish my business with them”

________________________________________

“And then that was when you got here. Understand now?” Twilight finished.

“Yeah, so let me get this straight” Rainbow got up, although her hooves were a bit wobbly. “Fluttershy’s sister is in control of her body and what we have to do now is find samples of their hair and you need me to get a cloud with lightning to bash Poison Rose down to where she was supposed to go to?”

“Yes, and we better hurry before Fluttershy’s part in the combo cutie mark fades away completely. And I don’t wanna risk another Exorcism again!”

“Okay, but how do expect us to do that with the state she just put us through?”

“Curare!” Bunny chanted. And immediately, they were healed.

“And just in time too!” Angel said, hopping in with a hairbrush. “This is Fluttershy’s, now go find the necklace!”

“Wait, I thought you had it!”

“Wait, did it happen to look like it had her cutie mark and Poison Rose’s on it?” Spike asked.

“Yes, why?”

“Because I caught sight of it, on her neck; she was wearing it”

Bunny facepawed.