• Published 1st Oct 2016
  • 9,560 Views, 114 Comments

Ponyville Sunlight - RS-Belle14



Sunset Shimmer finally crosses the portal to Equestria to visit her friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is very excited to show Sunset around town.

  • ...
19
 114
 9,560

About that...

Celestia's sun was beginning to set over Ponyville. Many ponies were starting to end their activities and close their shops. It had been a beautiful day to enjoy, but now it was time to rest at home and wait for the next day to come. Among the ponies returning home was a group of eight plus a dragon walking down the path to the Castle of Friendship.

"Again, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that," Sunset apologized to Twilight and Starlight. "I let the adrenaline consume me."

"Ha. It's all right, Sunset," Twilight assured. "Your little episode helped save the day, after all."

"Although," Starlight cleared her throat. "I would like to take you up on that magic duel later."

"Really?!" Sunset's heart began to race. "Great! Why don't we have it-" STOP! Deep breaths, Sunset. "I mean uh, sure, Starlight. That sounds like it could be fun," The rest of the group laughed at Sunset's reply and continued down the road.

"Well, here we are," Twilight stood before her front doors. "Home sweet home."

"Welp, I guess this goodbye, Sunset," Applejack tipped her hat.

"Are you sure you guys don't want to come in?" Sunset's eyes glistened. "I'm not leaving for another a little while."

"Oh, no, no, no, no, Sunset," Rarity shook her head. "Thank you darling, but we think somepony else would prefer to have you for herself for the remainder of the evening," Rarity nodded her head toward a blushing Twilight.

"Oh..." Sunset's face turned red. "Right. Thank you."

Rainbow Dash hovered in. "But be sure to swing by Ponyville again soon. I've got plenty of more moves to show you."

"And we still have that fitting, darling."

"And I'm pretty sure Angel would like to see you again."

Sunset happily nodded. "I'll be back."

With that, Sunset and the others joined in for a group hug. They gently squeezed each other for a few moments and enjoyed the little time they had left together. Once their hug was over, the others turned around and began to leave.

"Goodbye, Sunset!" Each one of them said. "We're going to miss you!"

"Ha. You guys are the best! See ya later!" Sunset waved.

As Sunset was saying her goodbyes, Twilight leaned over to Spike and Starlight and whispered. "Did you two get everything ready?"

"Uh-huh."

"Of course."

"Great. Thank you."

"Aw. I miss them already," Sunset walked back up to Twilight.

"Will you be okay, Sunset?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Sunset assured. "I'm ready for my tour of the castle, now."

"Are you sure? Well, let's head inside then," Twilight used her magic to open the doors to her castle. They all stepped inside and closed the doors behind them.

Spike stretched out his arms and yawned. "Welp, Starlight and I are going to the library to prepare your ride home. Better get started on it before I fall asleep," Spike and Starlight began to leave. "See you later."

"You two have fun," Starlight called back.

Sunset and Twilight waved goodbye and then gave each other a flirty look. Alone at last.

"So Princess, wilt thou do me the honor of showing me thy majesty's castle?"

"Oh, quiet you," Twilight lightly nudged. "I'd be happy to. Follow me, please."

Twilight led Sunset down the castle's hallways and showed her its various rooms on the ground-level floor. While interesting enough, this first part of the tour wasn't anything too spectacular. Most of the rooms were still vacant, and other doors Twilight opened were broom closets (one of which dropped a mop on Sunset's head). As they moved along, however, the tour grew increasingly interesting.

"And this is the kitchen. We do...pretty much what you'd expect in here. Hehe. I'm sorry if it looks a little burnt. Starlight and Pinkie had a bit of an accident the other day."

Sunset raised her eyebrow. "I'd ask, but something tells me I'd enjoy hearing Starlight's side of the story more."

"Ha. Maybe. If she tells you, would you mind asking her how she and Pinkie Pie made so many cakes during the brief time I was gone? I haven't really gotten a clear answer from her on that," Twilight chuckled.

"Ha. I'll try but I'm not sure if it's fair to assume you can get a clear answer from a question involving Pinkie Pie."

"...Fair point," Twilight admitted. "Well, moving along then."

Sunset followed Twilight out of the kitchen and back into the hallways. They returned back to the castle's entrance room and crossed it to the other side of the ground-level floor. They were approaching another door when Twilight stopped them.

"Now Sunset, I know the tour hasn't been the most interesting one we've had so far, but I assure you it's a bout to pick up starting here. This room we're about to enter is a real treat. Ever since the castle came to be, this room has been the starting point of most our adventures. It's also where the others and I hold a lot of our friendship meetings and learn where to find friendship problems all across Equestria. As you can probably tell, this room is very important, and it's important because of one special item inside. Do you know what this item is, Sunset?"

"I have a few guesses," Twilight definitely had Sunset's attention.

"Haha. Well, let's see if you're right," Twilight opened the door and led Sunset inside. "Sunset, I give you the Cutie Map!"

"Wow," There it was, the magical object that Twilight had mentioned a few times in her messages. The Cutie Map's existence always intrigued Sunset. It's connection to the mythical Tree of Harmony easily made it one of Equestria's most valuable and powerful assets. Sunset had wanted to see the map ever since she first heard of it, and there it was right in front of her.

Sunset slowly approached the Cutie Map. It's just how Twilight described it. The map of Equestria, the seven chairs...everything. "This is really something, Twilight."

"Indeed."

"Please, tell me about it again."

"With pleasure," Twilight cleared her throat. "After defeating Tirek, the Tree of Harmony sent the magic key-box across Ponyville through a rainbow. The box was then planted into the ground and where it grew into this castle. When the others and I explored the castle, we found this room with seven chairs, six of which bared our cutie marks. At first, the chairs were the only things in here. It wasn't until the others and I sat on them together that the Cutie Map came to be."

"The Cutie Map watches over all of Equestria for friendship problems and notifies us when one arises. If the map detects a friendship problem, it will contact the ponies necessary for fixing the problem by signaling their cutie marks. The cutie marks of the chosen ponies will then hover over the area on the map where the problem is, and then the chosen ponies will travel to that area to find and solve the friendship problem."

Sunset shook her head in disbelief. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of that story."

"It is pretty amazing, isn't it? But would you believe me if I told you that the map is only my second favorite thing in this room?"

"What?"

"Look up."

Sunset did just that and saw a very unique chandelier hanging above the Cutie Map. "Hey...That's the chandelier, isn't it?"

"Mm-hmm."

"I was so fixated on the map, I missed it."

Twilight giggled. "Why don't we take a closer look then?" Twilight began to fly up to the chandelier.

"Sure!" Sunset cast her phoenix-wing spell again and joined Twilight. "I'm all ears."

Twilight nodded. "This chandelier is made from the roots of the Golden Oaks Library, my first home in Ponyville. After it was unfortunately destroyed by Tirek, I moved into the castle. As I said earlier, living here wasn't easy for me at first. The size, the floors, and the hallways, I was really out of my comfort zone. I actually began to spend as much time away from the castle as I could. Thankfully, my friends noticed my strange behavior and wanted to help. They told me to go have a relaxing day at the spa while they spruce things up here at the castle. When I returned, I saw this beautiful chandelier hanging over the map."

"Each ornament in this chandelier is a reminder of some of the happiest moments I've had with my friends," Twilight hovered over to a yellow ornament. "This one shows my welcoming party when I first came to Ponyville," Twilight then flew over to a blue one. "And this one shows my friends and I eating donuts after the Grand Galloping Gala," Twilight flew back to Sunset. "And I'm still adding more ornaments to this day. This chandelier inspires me to make new memories with all of my friends, and it was my first step to calling this castle home."

Sunset seemed to have been moved by Twilight's story. "That's really a nice story, Twilight."

"Thank you Sunset, but I'm not finished just yet," Twilight flew to a purple ornament. "Look at this one," Sunset flew over and observed. "What do you see?"

Sunset looked. "It looks like you're writing in a book, Twilight."

"Look a little closer."

Sunset squinted her eyes and gasped. "Hey, you're writing in your journal."

Twilight blushed. "This ornament shows me writing my first message to you after the battle of the bands," Twilight led Sunset to an orange ornament. "And this one shows me reacting when you told me you were coming to visit. You've given me some of the happiest moments of my life as well, Sunset."

Sunset smiled. "I'm...glad I have," Sunset's eyes twinkled.

Twilight began to smile as well. Now is the time. "Come with me, Sunset," Twilight place a hoof on Sunset's shoulder and teleportated them away in a purple flash of light.

They reappeared in another part of the castle, somewhere Sunset had not yet seen. "Whoa. Why'd you do that? Where are we?"

"We're still in the castle, Sunset. It's time for the final part of your tour. I've...really been wanting to show you something," Twilight pointed to a door behind Sunset.

Sunset looked at the door, interest peaked. "What is it?"

"Open it," Twilight smiled. "I think you're going to like it."

Sunset nodded and turned around to face the door. What could it be?

"You won't need your wings."

"Oh," Made her phoenix wings disappear. "Hehe...Right," Sunset turned her attention back to the door. Her horn glowed as she used her magic to open it. Sunset stepped inside. It was dark.

"There's a light switch on the left," Twilight said.

Sunset walked a little deeper inside the dark room and searched for the light switch. After feeling around with her hoof, Sunset found the light switch and flicked it up. The lights came on. What Sunset saw made her cover her mouth with both of her hooves and gasp. It...It can't be.

"It's...it's my room! This is my room!" Indeed. Sunset was standing in an exact replica of her room from back when she lived in Canterlot. "It's all here," Sunset galloped to a bookcase in the room. "Haycart's Treaties, Principles of Magic, Starswirl's Book on Transfiguration...Everything's here," Sunset took a few steps back and bumped into her mirror. She turned around and inspected the items the furniture carried. "My hairbrush, my globe...How did-?" Sunset looked up and saw her reflection. It was a sight she had not seen in a very long time.

Sunset looked at herself for a long moment, studying her muzzle and mane. They were as bright and beautiful as she remembered. A smile slowly developed on Sunset's face. "Hello there, Sunset. Long time, no see. How are you doing? You're looking lovely today."

While having a nice conversation with herself, Sunset noticed the reflection of a bed in the mirror. Sunset turned around and sure enough, there was her bed, professionally crafted and covered with red blankets. Sunset walked over to it and lied herself down on her back. She snuggled on top of the blankets. Just as soft as I remember. Sunset breathed out and began to stare at the ceiling.

"Mind if I join you?" A voice beside the bed asked.

"Ha. Sure, Twilight."

Twilight lied herself beside Sunset and began to look up as well. "Well, what do you think?"

"It's amazing, Twilight," Sunset shook her head in disbelief. "How in Equestria did you do all this?"

Twilight took a momentary pause. "Princess Celestia."

Sunset's smile disappeared. "...Oh."

"She had all your things kept in storage after you left. When I told her what I had planned, she gave me all of this and a photo of what your old room looked like."

"...That was nice of her."

Twilight turned to face Sunset. "You know, she's been wanting to see you, Sunset."

Sunset nodded. "...I know."

"Not right now, though. She said whenever you're ready."

Sunset continued nodding. "...Okay."

Twilight sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Twilight," Sunset grabbed Twilight's hoof. "Nothing at all. This...is the sweetest thing anypony has ever done for me," Sunset turned her head toward Twilight and gave her a little smile. "I can't thank you enough."

"There's no need to thank me," Twilight blushed. "I just wanted to make sure you had a room if you ever returned...When you return."

Sunset didn't say anything. Instead, she lifted her head lied it on Twilight's chest. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Twilight began to brush Sunset's mane with her hoof. "So, did you enjoy your first day in Ponyville?"

"It was great. Your friends are really nice."

"I'm glad you think so."

"Ha. They kept trying to feed me."

"Haha. They were just trying to make you feel welcome."

"I know but now I feel like my stomach is going to explode," Sunset rubbed her tummy. "Why did they all have to be good cooks?"

"Haha. Well, at least Starlight didn't try to feed you."

Starlight. Sunset began to giggle. "Hey, Twilight?"

"Hmm?"

Sunset lifted her head to face Twilight. "Want to hear a secret?"

"Ooooh, a secret?" Twilight squinted her eyes. "I'm listening."

Sunset began to blush. "I...I was..." Sunset was battling her giggles. "I may have been just a teeny bit...jealous when you first told me that Starlight was moving in with you."

"What?" Twilight stopped brushing. "No way! Why?"

Sunset shrugged. "Ha. I was afraid that she was...stealing you away from me."

"Hahaha! What?" Twilight couldn't believe it. "Oh Sunset, Starlight was never any threat to you."

"I know that now, but back then..." Sunset rubbed the back of her head. "I was worried."

Twilight chuckled. "There was nothing you ever needed to worry about. Starlight is a good student and a valued friend, but that's all she is to me, Sunset. A friend."

"I know, I know," Sunset rolled her eyes. "I like her. She's really nice. Looks like you taught her well."

"I'm trying my best," Twilight answered. "I just can't believe you got jealous."

Sunset pouted. "All right, I get it," She lied her head back down.

"I mean, if either us should be jealous here, it's me."

"What?" Sunset wasn't expecting that. "Why would you be jealous?"

"Uh, hello? You spend most of your time in a world that has an identical counterpart of me. Tell me you haven't been tempted. I dare you," Twilight giggled.

"Haha. Oh please, I wouldn't do that. She's not you."

"Hmm. Smart answer, buuuut..."

Sunset rolled her eyes. "Seriously, out of all the inter-dimensional counterparts, you two have to be the most different."

"Really?" That surprised Twilight. "How?"

Sunset thought. "Well, you're more confident than she is, and she's definitely more shy than you are. I don't know. It's a little hard to explain, but there are definitely differences. If you talked to her, I'm sure you'd see it."

"Ugh. Fine, I believe you," Twilight began to brush Sunset's mane again. "But I better see a difference the next time I go to Canterlot High."

Canterlot High. "About that," Sunset lifted her head again. "When do you think you're coming back for a visit?"

Twilight rubbed her chin. "Hmm. I'm not sure. I do have some free time coming up soon, so maybe then."

"Do you think you'll be free in say, a moon and a half?"

"Maybe. Why? Is something happening?"

Sunset smiled. You could say that. "Yes. Something big, in fact."

Twilight raised her eyebrow. "Oh?"

Sunset shifted herself to a sitting position. "You remember the Fall Formal, right?"

"Ha. How could I not? It was a very eventful night."

"Haha. Right. Anyway, there's another event coming up at Canterlot High that's a lot like the Fall Formal but bigger. Much bigger. In fact, it's probably the biggest event school has."

"Really?" Twilight's interest was peaked. "What is it?"

"It's called the 'Prom.' It's another school dance but much more formal. You see, it's the last dance the school has each year, and it's meant to be a celebration for the graduating students before the actual graduation ceremony, and...this year happens to be my year."

"Wait," Twilight's eyelids were wide open. "Are you saying you're graduating soon?"

Sunset nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"Does that mean you're-?"

Sunset playfully rolled her eyes. "Yes, Twilight."

Twilight pounced on top of Sunset. "Finally! I can't believe it! I've been waiting for so long, it almost felt like-"

"Twilight," Sunset spoke out. "I'm glad you're happy, but that's not the point I was getting at."

"Oh. Riiiight. Pardon me," Twilight climbed off Sunset. "Continue."

Sunset chuckled as she sat back up. "Anyway, the Prom is going to have everything the Fall Formal had; pictures, music, dancing, and all that good stuff. The others and I are all going, and, per Prom custom, we're each bringing a...date."

"Oooh," Now I see. Twilight leaned in, looking a little giddy. "Soooo?"

Sunset rubbed the back of her head and blushed. "So, I know you're busy being a princess in Equestria, teaching students, and fixing friendship problems everywhere, but I was hoping that...you'd have some spare time to be my date for the prom?"

Twilight gave Sunset a smile. "I'd be honored."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight, Sunset, Starlight, and Spike all stood in the center of the library, staring at a certain magical mirror.

"Are you sure you have to go now?" Twilight asked. "You're welcome to stay a little longer."

"Thank Twilight, but I have a big test on Monday, and I've got to study."

"I understand," Twilight sighed. "You go and knock that test out, all right?"

"Ha. I will, even harder than all the others," Sunset gave Twilight a hug. "Don't look so down. I'll be back, I promise."

"I know," Twilight hugged back. "You just take care of yourself for me, okay?"

"I will. You too, okay?"

"Of course," Twilight and Sunset held each other's warm embrace, enjoying their last few moments together.

Sunset broke away from the hug and trotted over to Spike. "It was good seeing you again, Spike."

"You too, Sunset. Hope you enjoyed your visit."

"Ha. I did. Sorry if I didn't get to spend a lot of time with you."

"Ahh, no worries. There'll be plenty of time for that later," Spike walked up and gave Sunset a hug. "Thank you for coming, Sunset. It meant a lot to us. All of us."

"Thanks, Spike," Sunset wrapped a hoof around the little dragon.

Sunset let go of Spike and trotted to the library's final occupant. "It was nice to finally meet you, Starlight."

"You too, Sunset," Starlight smiled.

"Study hard, okay? You've got some serious talent."

"I will. Just remember you owe me a magic duel, okay?"

"Ha. I will, but I warn you," Sunset lifted her hoof. "When it happens, you're going to wish I didn't remember."

"Haha," Starlight smirked. "We'll see," Starlight reached out and shook Sunset's hoof.

"Please, take care of Twilight for me."

Starlight nodded and let go of Sunset's hoof.

With that, Sunset trotted back to Twilight. Sunset didn't say anything, nor did Twilight. They just stood there, staring at each other for a few moments until, without warning, Sunset stepped up and planted her lips on Twilight's. Twilight wasn't surprised by this. Instead, she pulled Sunset in closer and began returning the kiss.

"Whoa," Spike stared wide-eyed until Starlight covered them with her foreleg.

Sunset separated her lips from Twilight's and looked deeply into her eyes. "Goodbye."

Twilight's eyes sparkled. "Bye."

Sunset turned around and slowly began to trot toward the portal. Step after step, Sunset gradually approached the mirror until finally, it stood right there in front of her. She tapped one hoof on the surface of the portal to see it ripple. Sunset turned around and gave her friends one final smile that they immediately returned. After that, Sunset turned around, took a deep breath, faced the portal, and went through. And just like that, Sunset Shimmer was gone.

Silence filled the library. Spike and Starlight turned their attention to Twilight.

"Twilight," Spike slowly approached. "Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine, Spike," Twilight closed her eyes. "I'm just going to need some time."

"Are you sure?" Starlight asked.

"I am. Please, I'd like to be alone right now."

Spike and Starlight gave looked at each other and nodded. "Okay," Spike said. Spike and Starlight began to leave the library.

"We're here if you need us, Twilight," Starlight said.

"I know," Twilight didn't turn to face them. "Thank you."

"Goodnight, Twilight," Spike and Starlight reached the library's exit.

"Goodnight, you two," Spike and Starlight left.

Now alone, Twilight began thinking about the day she just had. She remembered how Sunset finally came out of the portal, how happy Sunset was about eating Equestrian delicacies for breakfast, Sunset meeting her friends, the surprise party, the bugbear attack, the tour of the castle...It had been a perfect day, and it just ended.

There were no more conversations to be had, no more surprises to show, and no more stories to tell. It was over. All those moons of planning and preparing for her arrival just to see her leave again. Why?

Twilight thought about what to do next. She weighed her options. Maybe...Maybe I could go visit her now. Yes, then we can spend more time together without her worrying to go back. Twilight trotted toward the portal and poked it. It rippled under her hoof's touch. Twilight took a deep breath and took one step in.

No! Twilight hopped back out of the portal. Let her come back on her own terms, Twilight. You can't force someone to stay.

With her mind decided, Twilight stepped away and levitated her journal off the portal. She tapped the glass one more time. Her hoof did not phase through the glass nor cause any ripples through the mirror's surface. Closed.

Twilight sighed. It's the right thing to do, Twilight. With that, Twilight began to trot out of the library, carrying her journal with her magic. Just as she reach the exit, her journal began to vibrate.

Huh? Twilight opened her journal to see a new message.

Dear Twilight,

I miss you already. I wish I could've stayed longer, but I have my responsibilities here. I'm really glad I went to see you. Today was the best day I've had in a long time. I can't wait to go back and see you again. I'm really looking forward to Prom now. With you by my side, I know I'm going to have a great time.

Can't wait to see you again!

XOXO

Yours now and forever,

Sunset Shimmer :heart:

A teardrop descended from Twilight's face as she finished reading the message. She quickly galloped to the library's deck and found a pen. With a smile on her face, Twilight began to write in her journal. Dear Sunset...

~End~

Author's Note:

Well, that was a long one. It took a long time to work on this story on top of all the college work I had :ajsleepy:.

The original concept of the story was to have Sunset visit Ponyville and meet Twilight's friends as parallel to the very first episode of the show (complete with a minor monster attack because Ponyville seems to attract a lot of them). As some of you might have already guessed, the original story was supposed to be what is currently now the third chapter. However, I was unsatisfied with that. If I let the entire story just be the third chapter, there would've hardly been any SunLight moments, and that wouldn't be good since this is a SunLight story.

While I was trying to thinking of a way to extend the plot, I remembered how Twilight sort of gave her brother a room in The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows. I thought it'd be a cute idea for Twilight to give a Sunset a recreation of her room as a welcoming gift. Probably my personal favorite part of the story :twilightsmile:.

The SunLight series isn't over yet, though. I know where's it going :rainbowdetermined2:. Do you? Well, since I kinda wrote about the what happens next, maybe you do :rainbowlaugh:.

Well, I hope you enjoyed. Have a good one :raritywink:.

Comments ( 83 )

7608071 Thanks. Glad you liked it :twilightsmile:

I might sound crazy for saying this, but this along with Holiday Sunlight needs an audio reading! Amazingly well done :raritystarry:

7608199 Ha. I wouldn't mind that :raritywink:

7608266 I'd say what it is, but that might spoil it for others :twilightsheepish:

This is very sweet. I really enjoyed it.

twas good
ANOTHER! *smashes coffee mug*

That was so fucking sweet, I loved it!

I can't believe Sunset legitimately asked Twilight out to prom XD

I absolutely love this! it has all the right elements!

That is a very sweet follow up story. :pinkiesad2:
You did an amazing job! :twilightsmile: :raritystarry: :yay:

7608679 Thank you :twilightsmile:. There'll be more later.

7608981 Trust me, I've the "Next Chapter" button myself. Ha I'm glad you liked it. That spoiler though :twilightsheepish:.

7609055 Thanks! :pinkiehappy: I really tried to balance everything.

7609101 Good to see you again, sonicfan. You think it's good? Thanks! :raritystarry:

7609128 Likewise. And yes it's really good! :raritystarry:

You're welcome! :twilightsmile:

Great followup story!!

That aside, there are some things I dislike. I don't know if it is just part of your writing style, but much of the dialogue between characters seems superficially forced. The stuff they actually discuss is deep, it's just their tone and word choice that sounds fake.

Also, a personal point of rage...AAAAAHHHHH, Spike's not stupid, no need to cover his eyes when they're kissing, he probably found out already....anyways, good job, and good luck on future stories

7609487 I don't recall making one :rainbowhuh:

What a sweet story! Definitely looking forward to the sequel :twilightsmile:

Over-all, pretty good. The one thing I thought felt a bit strange was your tendency to retell stories we are already familiar with, in real time. I'm not sure you meant that to have some deeper meaning, but it seemed like a strange use of the narrative.

7608844 Sure. Just be a little patient, Thor. And no more smashing cups. We're running out :twilightsheepish:

7609498 I just thought it'd be funny for Starlight to cover his eyes :twilightsheepish:

7610087 Thanks. It'll take some time though

7610334 I would totally make that part canon to the story.

7610714 I know they can get redundant (believe me, I criticize myself for them more than you do) but I prioritized fixing other problems I had with the story than simple laughter, especially since my deadline was yesterday.

7610718 The bugbear scene was entirely a joke. By no means is meant to be taken remotely seriously.

:pinkiehappy:That was beautiful.

MOAR!

I've noticed even writer has their qwerks, and yours is putting 'Ha' in a lot of sentences. Not bad, per se, just something I noticed.

Also:
HYPE!

Really nice relaxing slice of life, just seeing ponies enjoy their friendship is good. Great cover art and good characterful dialogue. Sometimes you spent a little too long talking about things we know already like the Cutie Map, when talking about Sunset's thoughts and reactions might've served better. But overall really good!

7611273 The quirk I hate the most is using 'of' in place of 'have'.
'would of' is the most common one, but it's not unheard of for stray 'of's to wander into far more complex statements.
Drives me absolute bonkers, too.

This was very sweet! Thumbs-up! :pinkiehappy:

7611192 There will be in due time :twilightsmile:

7611273 I do have my quirks ha (see what I did there?)

7611499 Thank you very much :twilightsmile:

Sunset has yet to visit the Crystal Empire, Canterlot, and seeing the Royal sisters.

7611707
Haha, I was on my phone and couldn't remember how to spell it.

7611423
Two that irk me are, putting too many periods in ellipsis, and misquoting stuff.
Like, "John really likes to eat tomatoes". <That period is supposed to go IN there.

I'm just one of those damn grammar Nazi's.

Hey it's featured! Congrats :twilightsmile:

Amazing Work :raritystarry:

7613613 I know! That's great :raritystarry:

7613694 Thank you very much :twilightsmile:

Inspi-RATIOOOOOOOOOOON

God I love fluffy stuff. Please don't stop this, it gives me [DETERMINATION]

7612379 I'm not a grammar nazi by any stretch; I understand not everyone can be impeccable, that we all make mistakes, and that some people are just generally poorly in that area. That said, some errors are just criminal, and some things I've read by the grammatically 'differently abled' should be taken out back and shot for the sake of everyone involved.

7614351 Ha. Glad it does :twilightsmile:

7615143
I understand that, too, it's just my grammarnazism goes to OCD levels of bad. I see a grammatical error, I'll make it my job to say something about it. Unless it's in an informal text message, of course.

I sure hope to read more soon!

There are seven chairs around the cutie map. One for each of the mane six and Spike. Don't recall seeing eight.

7617523 You're right. I'll fix that. Thanks.

Login or register to comment