• Published 20th Jun 2016
  • 566 Views, 16 Comments

Hard To Say Good Bye - BellChime



Pinkie Pie wishes Rainbow Dash would wake up.

  • ...
4
 16
 566

Chapter 6

Pinkie paced back and forth at Rainbow’s bedside. “I don’t understand,” She muttered. “I just don’t understand, why would Twilight want to do that to you?”

Rainbow Dash was as quiet as ever.

“Don’t worry,” Pinkie said softly, patting the top of Rainbow’s mane, “I won’t let her do that to you. You’re the toughest pony I know. You just need...a little time.”

Silence.

Pinkie sighed. “It’s getting awfully late.” She said. “But don’t worry, I’ll be here for you.”

She picked up a blanket that she’d brought from her bedroom and set it out on the floor. “It’s not a problem.” She said to the silence. “The nurse said I could, she even got this out for me, see?” She explained, pulling out a small couch designed for lying on.

“Who knows? Maybe I’ll see you.” She said hopefully as she she curled up under the blanket, and settling her head on the pillow. She yawned.

“Good night.”

Now the only thing that remained was getting to sleep.

She wanted to see Rainbow Dash again. She owed it to her. She clenched her eyes shut tight, and willed herself to think of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash, RainbowDash, RainbowDash, RainbowDashRainbowDashRainbowDash-

It wasn’t working. Pinkie sighed and stared up at the ceiling in defeat.

Be patient.

Pinkie perked up-Was that Rainbow Dash...or her imagination? She wasn’t sure.

She sighed again, which morphed into a yawn.

Where are you, Dashie? She wondered as her vision began to blur and her mind began to fade.

She was standing in a small clearing. She could hear the tornado’s rage. She knew what was about to happen next.
She wanted to find Rainbow Dash, but she did not want to see this. But at the same time-
Rainbow Dash flew by wings spread full length, fighting for control-
Time froze.
Pinkie looked away-

Her eyes flew open. Her blanket was on the floor, and she was curled up into a ball.

Rainbow Dash was still asleep.

Carefully folding up her blanket and placing it into the corner, Pinkie turned for the door. If she she hurried, she could get to Sugarcube corner for breakfast (She was still on paid leave since her visit to her parents had been cut short) And back in less than five minutes.

“I’ll be back soon.” She promised.

The heart monitor being her only reply, she quietly pushed through the door and promptly crashed into someone else.

“My bad-” Pinkie began.

“No, no, I should have-” Twilight began. “Hello, Pinkie.”

“Twilight.” Said Pinkie coldly.

Twilight sighed. “Pinkie, look-”

“Twilight, can’t you just let her heal?” Pinkie asked, a touch of accusation in her voice. “I don’t understand why you’re trying to do this.”

“Pinkie, I don’t think she can-”

“Is that why you came? To pull the plug?”
“Pinkie-”

“I don’t know why you’re doing this, Twilight! Don’t you want-”

“PINKIE!” Twilight roared. “I am here to pay my friend a visit! Nothing more! Okay?!”

Pinkie shrank back for a second at the surprise outburst. “Okie, dokie...lokie.” She said suspiciously.

Twilight sighed and continued into the room. Pinkie stared after her intently, then followed her back in.

Dashie’s not going to die on my watch, She vowed.

Author's Note:

Apologies for the late chapter. Betweeen trying to pack for a China trip, studying to get my driver's permit,
and a minor case of writer's block, things came along a bit bumpy. For the next three weeks I will be in China and will probably not be able to get proper wifi there. The story is going to be on hiatus for three about weeks while I'm there, and I'm really sorry for any inconveniance.
Good bye for now and be safe, everyone.