• Published 5th Jun 2016
  • 498 Views, 4 Comments

Coyote in Equestria - Coyotek4



A coyote from another world has stumbled into Equestria. Will he be able to return to his own universe. Will he want to?

  • ...
 4
 498

EPILOGUE

“Remember: all three ponies are cloaked so any of them could be a unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony. The first pony says ‘Two of us are from Unitown.’ The second pony says ‘At least two of us are liars.’ The third pony says ‘I am a pegasus’. If I give you the added information that—“

The sound of the bell indicates the end of the school day. “Oh, guess I lost track of time. Next time I’m around, we’ll finish this puzzle.”

The colts and fillies file out of the classroom, leaving the coyote and Cheerilee alone to reflect on the day.

“The ponies are really liking these puzzles, Coyotek.”

“Yeah, I’m happy to see that. Well, same time next week?”

“Actually, I wanted to ask: I’ll be going on vacation to Rainbow Springs for a week, and need someone to sub for the week. Are you able to do that?”

“A chance to long-term sub? Cheerilee, you can’t be serious?”

From outside, Pinkie Pie pops her head into a window. “Hey, I’m watching you pal!”

The coyote turns back to Cheerilee. “What I mean is, I’d love to.”

“Wonderful. I’ll have lesson plans ready for you, but feel free to go your own way if you like.”

“Thank you, and enjoy your vacation.”

The coyote leaves the school, where Pinkie is waiting for him. “So my sister Maud wants to see your tracking pebble. She thinks it can keep Boulder company.”

“Uh … yeah, sure, no problem. Heck, she can keep it if she wants.”

Pinkie gasps. “Maud can keep Tracker? THIS WILL BE THE BEST GIFT EVER!!!

“Well, if it makes somepony happy … that ‘thing’ didn’t do much for me.”

“What, you mean become-lodged-against-your-brain-after-a-couple-weeks-so-that-you’d-think-it-activated-a-homing-device-causing-your-mind-to-believe-you-needed-to-shut-down-to-keep-the-big-bad-predacon-from-finding-you-then-convincing-everypony-that-he-was-coming-to-take-over-Equestria-but-really-just-falling-asleep-so-Twilight-could-magically-haul-your-carcass-to-the-hospital-to-surgically-remove-Tracker-from-your-head?” *GASP*

“… That’s not the first time you’ve uttered a stream of consciousness, is it?”

“It’s who I am! And hey, now that you’re living across the street from Sugar Cube Corner, you can pop over whenever you like?”

“That’s nice of you to offer, Pinkie. But, what would we do?”

“I dunno? Read stories? I just got done this one story, where …”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment