• Published 27th May 2016
  • 1,025 Views, 15 Comments

The Mystics History - JusSonic



The story behind the Mystic Ponies is revealed.

  • ...
9
 15
 1,025

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Rise of Azure Phoenix (I)

[Enter Three Kingdoms Theme Song]

Twilight Sparkle and her friends screamed wildly as they entered into the Book of Ages. As they landed on the ground, they came across the Ancient Land of Ma. They all entered it as they're ready to face it. They witnessed the land was in turmoil as Imperial Court argued with each other while civil war broke out between peasants, rebels, imperials, warriors, nobles, warlords, ministers and even the Emperor.

Stallion: Through the storm,
Through the darkness,
The once peaceful kingdom
Lost its Love and Harmony
Turn into grief despair

Virtue Dragon, Blade Dragoon and Warpath Temper prayed and bowed down before the altar as they make a vow of sworn brotherhood. They joined up with various brave and compassion warriors in journeying across the land to help troubled ponies.

Azure Phoenix stood on the Imperial Palace's entrance as he held his sword up high proudly as his Imperial Phoenix Army. His army cheered wildly and proudly. They all went from territory to territory for conquest and control of the land.

Claw Tiger smiled proudly as he led his Tiger Warriors to deal with rebels. As he was dying, Claw Tiger passed the sword to his eldest son, Brave Tiger. Brave Tiger led his warriors in reclaiming Wuhu River for his clan. As he died, he passed to Courage Tiger as the new Leader of Kingdom.

Stallion: The destiny is now yours
To change its course and fate.
Heaven and Earth chose you to fulfill its purpose

Virtue Dragon helped ponies as well as showing kindness and compassion. His warriors of Western Dragon Kingdom fought bravely and determinedly to defend the innocent.

Stallion: A hero with benevolent heart
Desires a land of virtue.

Azure Phoenix recruited more of warriors and strategists under his banner. He led the Imperial Phoenix Kingdom army across the land for conquest and world domination of empire.

Stallion: A hero with great ambition
Desired a land of power and talents

Courage Tiger was in great doubt and pain about his past. Nevertheless, he stood proudly on Water Tiger military naval ship, along with others. He was leading them to defend his home.

Stallion: A hero with courageous fangs
Desired a land of unity.

Three kingdoms marched into the battlefield as they all charged into it as they began battled with each other fiercely and firmly.

Stallion: Pray its Terror Ends,
Hope the Peace Returns

Twilight Sparkle and her friends witnessed the holographic form of history records about the heroes and villains from Qin Dynasty Era into the Three Kingdoms Era. They were amazed and shocked, but sometimes angered and upset while others - pained and despair.

Stallion & Chorus: Oh, Great Warriors of the Heaven
Save us from the Demon God's Hell
May you guide us to Paradise Land
Where no blood shall ever shed again

Azure Phoenix and Han Zero stood before Royal Sisters. Both sides held each other hooves for the moment before the princesses disappeared from sights, including Han Zero. Azure Phoenix slowly turned and faced his two biggest rivals - Virtue Dragon and Courage Tiger. Three Rulers held anc crossed each other's their swords up proudly. It created the magical aura forms of Greenish Dragon, Bluish Phoenix and Crimson Tiger stood up and roared wildly as the mightiest warriors in Land of Ma!

Stallion & Chorus: Whenever we're in grave danger,
You braved to bring us home
Your deeds will not be Forgotten
Your Tale becomes Legend

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Mystic History
Written by JusSonic and Power Master

--------------------------------------------

Chapter 21: Rise of Azure Phoenix (I)

"In October 161 A.E., Noble Guild has massed his Griffon Army from 700,00 to one million, with the help of his three sons - Terra the oldest, Barricade the middle and Grindor the youngest. He is now marching to invade Azure Phoenix's territories once again," Narrator narrated, "Hearing the news, Azure Phoenix has eventually prepared his army to face his old friend once again while defending both his of territories and the Emperor. Both Northern Griffon Army and Imperial Phoenix Army meet on the field of Great Fortress. The final battle for controlling the Northern Ma is about to begin..."

At Griffon Main Camp, Noble Guild was discussing and chatting with his generals and advisors including Clawdestroyer and his sons - the eldest - Terra was a dark chocolate Griffon with a scar on his left worn the golden heavy Chinese Armor, Barricade the black and white Griffon worn normal Chinese Armor and finally Grindor the youngest golden-white Griffon worn an armor and golden robe over it, were sitting down firmly before their father. They were preparing to launch their attacks on Azure Phoenix and his army once and for all.

"Azure Phoenix may think he could get away with it because of Blade Dragoon slaying my two favorite generals," Noble Guild said in anger. He snorted a bit, "But not this time. Thanks to Virtue and his allies taking away the only powerful general among his army, I will finally defeat and destroy Azure Phoenix once and for all. And then, the Imperial Court will be mine to control!"

Clawdestroyer hummed in concern, "That maybe so. But we must remain vigilant and alert of our enemies. We must not underestimate them."

Thinker nodded in agreement, "Yes, my lord. Azure Phoenix is cunning and resourceful warlord. He will no doubt think of a way to defeat you. You must be weary of it."

"Yes, father, we don't know what tricks and tactics he has, father," Terra said in concern.

"We must remain cautious of it," Griffon Colonel said in concern.

"Hardly worth my effort, gentle griffons," Noble Guild said bluntly and firmly, "Have no fear! He's nothing! He may have gained more territories, but that doesn't mean he's very powerful and strong as I am."

Sneaky griffon snickered amusingly, "Agreed, my liege. This fool is fooling himself that he could take on you. Do not hesitate! Fight on until he either commit suicide or surrender before your nobility!"

"Yes. We must strike we still can, father!" Grindor exclaimed in agreement, "We take him down now!"

"We will fight for you, my lord!" Griffon General exclaimed.

"Imperial Phoenix got nothing on us," Griffon Lieutenant exclaimed, "We're not afraid!"

"Do we have a third opinion?" Barricade asked in concern, "Negotiating with them?"

"Negotiate with that fool?!" Noble Guild asked amusingly. He then laughed amusingly, "That is the stupidest idea I ever heard of! And besides, we're at war now! And you'd think we have time to negotiate with that rebel!" He scoffed in anger, "No matter! Prepare for war! We march now!"

Griffon Army gave the loud battle cry and cheers for Noble Guild. Terra, Clawdestroyer and Thinker looked concern and uneasy looks as they're not certain that if dealing and fighting off Imperial Phoenix Army is easy.

--------------------------------------------

Hearing the news of Northern Griffon Army's marching to his base, Azure Phoenix and his Imperial Phoenix Army have matched out of Great Fortress as they all headed to the battlefield for confrontation. Twilight, Fluttershy, Nyx and Spike were on the Great Fortress's Walls as they witnessed the battlefield from safe distance.

Fluttershy quivered and shivered in concern, "Do you think Azure Phoenix can win it?"

"I'm sure he can," Twilight said calmly.

"No offense, Twi. But look at the size of Noble Guild's army? There's a whole lot of them!" Spike exclaimed in concern, "How on Equestria can he do that?! His army is not"

Nyx nodded, "Yeah. He's gonna need a bigger trap and siege weapons to beat them."

"He doesn't need it." Twilight said confidently, "He already has what he needs - brave officers and soldiers, cunning and resourcefulness to overcome them. But there is one advantage that Azure has to overcome and defeat Noble Guild - supplies. Because he massed the army to one million, he has to make sure that his supplies are big enough for them to get fed and drank. But also..."

"That many supply in one depot or garrison will be a big target for Azure Phoenix to conquer or burn it down," Nyx exclaimed in realization and surprise, "That is genius. Does Azure knows about it? Did you tell him?"

"Nope," Twilight answered, "I only told him that Noble Guild's pride, arrogance and ignorance will be his downfall."

Fluttershy hummed in concern, "And I'm guessing that he will figure it out?"

"Yes, he will," Twilight nodded in confirmation.

"What about Ben and others? Are they with Noble Guild?" Spike asked in concern.

Twilight shook her head, "No. They're safe. Virtue Dragon and his friends are at the Mystical Temple. I have hoped that they should be going to Jing Province, instead of planning an attack on Xuchang Province. Azure Phoenix is very prepared for anything."

"Me too, mummy, me too," Nyx said in concern.

--------------------------------------------

Marching and passing by both White Stallion and Guandu Fortresses, Northern Griffon Army have arrived at the field of Great Fortress as they're facing Imperial Phoenix Army, which consisted of Azure Phoenix, Strikespell, One-Eyed Anger, Schemetrick, Bullhound, Navy Arrow, Bladestrike, Blazefist, Laxtinct, Axen and Snaptrap. He has left Master Ratio, Woren Alert, Strict Stalker, Armorhide and his own children to defend Xuchang Province and keeping the Emperor safe.

While his soldiers were skeptical and nervous about facing the large numbers of Northern Griffon Army, Azure Phoenix and his generals remained calm and firm as they shown no fear and concerns of it. Schemetrick approached Azure Phoenix.

"You're still concern with the supplies?" Schemetrick. Azure Phoenix remained silent yet calm and firm. He continued, "My lord, you mustn't concern of it. But you have to make sure that our soldiers' morale must be kept high and strong if you want to defeat Noble Guild. And the key to success is destroy the supply."

Azure Phoenix hummed in thoughts, "Twilight said that his arrogance and ignorance would be his downfall. If that is true, then we must make him overconfident fool as much as we can before we could take him down."

"Exactly, my lord. However, it's not only we must lowered his guard down, this also required our speed and decisiveness to achieve victory. And I meant we must end the battle as soon as possible. The longer the battle takes, the more of our supplies running out and soon our soldiers will go rogue and betray you."

"So, what should I do to accomplish the goal?"

"First thing first, my lord, we must make the enemy get overconfident for easily defeating us. Then, we lure them to our fortress as many as we can get. It will be a perfect trap to defeat and reduce their numbers. We also must remained defensive at all cost until a perfect opportunity arrive."

"How thoughtful. Let us begin..."

Azure Phoenix unsheathed his Imperial Phoenix Sword. His generals soldiers armed and readied their weapons as they're preparing for the battle. He nudged his Dragon Steed as he was marching and moving to the front. Anger and Bladestrike stayed close to him. Azure Phoenix faced and glared at Noble Guild, who remained firm and calm yet amuse.

"Noble Guild!" Azure Phoenix called, "How dare you rebel against the Imperial Court?! I have recommended to the Emperor to make you as the Commander-in-Chief of Imperial Army. And yet, you have rejected it?!"

Noble Guild scoffed in anger, "Did you really think that you could fool me after what you have done to me from last month?! You have humiliated me! You have Blade Dragoon killed my two powerful generals! You have dishonored me! You ruined my name! No creatures will get away with it! My nobility will prevail!"

Azure Phoenix narrowed his angry eyes, "I don't think so! Bladestrike, Engage!"

Bladestrike nodded as he gave the loud battle cry. He charged straight to the battlefield, where Clawdestroyer emerged and attacked him at once. Both of them swung and struck their axes and claws at each other firmly and wildly for ten rounds. Clawdestroyer struck and thrust his claws at Bladestrike, who deflected the attacks off. The armored griffon screeched in anger as he has his tail swung and struck at the Pegasus down. And just before he could take him down, the Pegasus halted the Griffon before kicked the latter off for few times. Bladestrike roared in anger as he tried to swing and strike his twin axes at Clawdestroyer, who was rolling away from the attacks. Both of them continued swinging their blades at each other again for few times until they clashed their weapons at each other, causing to back off at once.

Seeing an opening, Azure Phoenix signaled his army to charge and engage Noble Guild. Anger and Blazefist lead the attack at once. Seeing the enemy's charging, Grindor whistled and signaled his archers to fire and shooting them down at once. And at the same time, Barricade ordered his defensive soldiers to push and thrust their spears and pikes at the enemies back. As the numbers dwindled, Anger and Blazefist were forced to moved back to the main unit. Seeing the opening, Terra led his cavalry to charge and attack the Imperial Phoenix Army.

Seeing Noble Guild has launched the offensive attacks, Azure Phoenix ordered his army to full retreat to Great Fortress. Noble Guild's Army have chased them all the back to the Great Fortress's Walls. They all cheered wildly while taunting and insulting them to come out and fight. But so far, Imperial Phoenix Army remained defensive in their base and refused to come out.

--------------------------------------------

Noble Guild and his army returned to the main camp. They all chatted and complimented happily and proudly as they have achieved their first victory. They have cornered and trapped Imperial Phoenix Army inside the Great Fortress. They all taken their seats and chatted happily and proudly.

Noble Guild laughed amusingly, "Azure Phoenix, that fool! I knew he has no chance to defeat! And now we cornered the rat for good! We will finish him and his legacy once and for all!"

"Father, allow me to take the vanguard and finish them for good!" Terra exclaimed proudly.

Grindor pushed Terra aside while shouted, "No! Allow me to finish them, father! I will not fail you! That's my promise to you!"

"Please, father, let me lead the army! I can handle it. And I promised that I will bring head of Azure Phoenix before!" Barricade said proudly.

Grindor groaned as he pushed Barricade aside, "Back off, Barricade! You're too weak to handle it!"

"Shut up, rotten feathered asshole!" Terra exclaimed in anger, "Learn your place. You have no right to speak!"

"Like hell you do!" Barricade shouted in annoyance.

Terra, Barricade and Grindor got into a bickering with each other. Their argument annoyed and irritated Noble Guild and his generals as they can't handle it much.

"Enough!" Noble Guild exclaimed in anger. His sons got silenced. He sighed, "You want this battle so badly? Then, three of you will go and finish them off. And don't come back until one of you get Azure Phoenix's head! Do you understand?"

Terra, Barricade and Grindor gasped, "Yes, father! I will not fail you!"

Terra, Barricade and Grindor turned and headed off at once to lead their army to invade and conquer the Great Fortress. Noble Guild sighed in relief while his advisors and generals remained silent and calm as they looked at him.

"Those sons of mine need to learn to contained their excitement..." Noble Guild said dryly, "Honestly, I'd be getting more headache again..."

--------------------------------------------

Azure Phoenix and his generals climbed up to the walls. He was meeting up with Twilight and her friends. They all watched and found thousands and more of Griffon Army have set up the camp before the gate. They even set up some siege towers and siege ramps, preparing to lay siege and attack on the fortress.

"That went well," Azure Phoenix commented dryly.

"Yes, it is. But we did exactly what we have hoped for," Schemetrick said calmly, "We have draw them out enough to our fortress. And so, we must remain defensive at all cost until the opportunity present itself."

"Better hope it worth the trouble..." Anger remarked dryly.

"Yes, I agreed..." Azure Phoenix said calmly yet firmly. He turned and looked at Twilight, "Tell me. When is the opportunity comes?"

Twilight sighed while looking at him, "He will come. A defector will come and tell you what you need to do. And I think you know him well."

"So, that's your answer?" Azure Phoenix asked. Twilight nodded firmly. He turned to his generals and soldiers, "Very well. Order all soldiers to remain in castle. Remain defensive at all cost! When you see enemy move the supply forward and back, steal and burnt them down. We must demoralize Noble Guild and his forces!"

"LORD!" Imperial Phoenix Officers and soldiers exclaimed firmly.

Imperial Phoenix Army went off and prepared their defensive formation to fight and repel the invaders at all until the right opportunity comes. Azure Phoenix, Twilight and her friends looked at the front, where the Northern Griffon Army are preparing to lay the siege on the fortress...

--------------------------------------------

Imperial Phoenix Army has set up the defenses on Great Fortress. Azure Phoenix remained calm and stood on the castle walls, along with his son and the rest of his officers. They were looking at the large army of Northern Griffon Army. Their enemies are preparing to attack.

"My son..." Azure spoke as Strikespell turned to him, "It is time to see what you're capable of. Lead the army now."

Strikespell nodded firmly, responding, "At once, father. Navy Arrow, you're in-charge of archers. Laxtinct handle the catapult units. Schemetrick and Bullhound, protect my father at all cost. Snaptrap, you're with me. I require your advice. Anger and Axen will lead the raiding army for launching the surprise attack. Bladestrike and Blazefist, barricade the gate, and prepare for counterattack. Twilight and her friends can do as they wished. That will be all. Dismiss and prepare for battle!"

"My lord," The men exclaims as they stood in place, saluting.

Navy Arrow gathered all of his archers units and their gears of bows and arrows. Laxtinct has his engineers and workers to build the catapults and readied with the siege weapons. Strikespell stood firmly, along with Snaptrap. They were preparing to defend their castle's walls.

Anger and Axen readied themselves as they climbed over the Dragon Steeds. They have gathered 1,500 Dragon Raiders as they're prepared for sneak attack. Bladestrike and Blazefist barricaded the gate by more woods, as well as preparing and training their ground units for battle.

Azure Phoenix, Schemetrick and Bullhound climbed down the stairs. They all returned to their camp at once.

"Wow... Even though they lost many soldiers, they never give up from the fight." Fluttershy said, impressed.

"Yeah, it's like they are made for this kind of thing." Nyx comments in amusement.

"That's because Azure Phoenix and Strikespell know what they have to do. They're waiting for the opportunity to strike." Twilight explains to her daughter clearly.

"I hope that we can get the heck out of here." Spike remarks dryly.

"Why?" Nyx ask her adopted brother in concern.

"Because I really don't like it here."

"Spike..." Twilight sighs to Spike in frustration. Although she does agrees with his POV here.

"I know. I know. I know. But that doesn't mean I enjoy working with this cruel Azure Phoenix, unlike the present one." Spike remarks dryly to his mother/sister figure.

"I know, I know....we just need to make the best of it."

"I was worried you would say that." Fluttershy said meekly to her friend. Things like this are NEVER so easy.

-------------------

Arriving at their destination, Northern Griffon Army have set up their camp. They also were preparing and building their siege weapons. They're preparing to launch the attack on Great Fortress. They were led by Terra, Barricade and Grindor.

Three Griffon Brothers were chatting and discussing the plans in their tent.

Terra explains the plan, "Alright, the plan is very simple. I shall stay behind to guard the rear and lead the siege weapons. The rest of you will lead the attack."

Barricade nodded as he spoke, "Fine by me."

Grindor groaned, "Hey! How come you get to use the siege weapons?!"

"Because I'm the oldest son and I tell you to do your job!" Terra snapped at Grindor in irritation.

Grindor scoffed "As if! You may be the oldest, but I'm the best and fierce fighter than any of you two!"

"Idiot and arrogant that's what I see in you, Grindor!"

"Oh yeah?! You're a jealousy and worthless coward, who can't handle the truth that father favor me more than you!"

"Asshole, you will pay for the insult!" Terra growls as he got his claws out, wanting so much to rip his brother's throat right out.

"Go ahead and try. You don't scare me, you big useless coward." Grindor taunts his brother. He isn't afraid of pissing his brother off apparently.

"Say that to me, one more time!"

"Useless coward-!"

Terra screamed in anger as he jumped and slammed Grindor to the ground hard. Both of them began punching and kicking at each other's faces and bodies for few times. Barricade struggled to separate and moved his brothers aside from attacking each other.

Barricade screams out in hope in putting an end to this, "Will you two knock it off?! We've got more work to do than arguing! We need to take down the castle at once, so our father can march in and rescue the Emperor."

Terra and Grindor groaned, "Fine!"

"I will lead the army to attack since you complained!" Terra snapped at Grindor, glaring viciously at his brother.

"Good! I'll handle the siege weapons." Grindor remarks dryly.

Barricade groaned, "Damn it..."

Three Griffon Brothers left the camp. They then split up and went to their own units to lead and attack.

Terra was leading the ground units. Barricade was in charge of supplies and resources. Grindor has ordered his soldiers to use their siege weapons - siege towers and siege ram to attack the Great Fortress.

Both Imperial Phoenix Army and Northern Griffon Army began their wars against each other. Imperial Phoenix Army did their best to repel and push the invaders back. And at the same time, Northern Griffon Army was fiercely and determined to lay siege on the castle. It has been going on for almost two weeks. Neither of them have gained the upper hand. They continued their fierce never ending battle.

Three Griffon Brothers struggled as they still unable to take down and conquer the fortress. And at the same time, they argued and blamed each other for causing the mess and problem during their battles.

Seeing the enemies have worn out, Anger and Axen took their chance and led the surprise attack. During the night time, they sneaked out of the castle walls. They used forest to hide and sneak passing by the guards as they're moving to the back of their enemies.

Seeing their enemies haven't make the move or did a very guard duty, Anger and Axen gave the loud battle cry as they all charged and attacked the base. Northern Griffon Army yelped and panicked in fear and worry. This caused three Griffon Brothers to abandon their camp and retreated back to their base. The rest of Norther Griffon Army were forced to surrender and gave the food supplies to the Imperial Phoenix Army.

Imperial Phoenix Amy had repelled the invaders off. They have defended their fortress well.

-----------------------------

Three Griffon Brothers managed to escape and returned to Northern Griffon's Main Camp. They make the report to their father.

"You useless sons of mine," Noble Guild roars out in fury. "How could you all get easily defeated by inferior numbers especially when it's Azure Phoenix!"

Three Griffon Brothers yelped as they bowed down, "Forgive me, father!"

Noble Guild groaned in anger as he was about to lose his temper again if not for Thinker.

"My lord; this is not the time to fight among ourselves! We need to turn the tide and defeat our enemies; and such as I'm begging you that we should remain defensive now. We just wait for the perfect opportunity to strike." Thinker explains reasonably.

Noble Guild groaned, "I suppose that we have no choice..."

Red Griffon in yellowish minister's robe spoke out quickly, "No! We have to strike down! I received the letter that Azure Phoenix's running out of his supplies. He planned to get more food; Now's the time to strike!"

A Griffon Officer spoke in protest, "Greedo! Are you really that stupid?!"

"Right, we just got back from there!" Terra exclaims furiously to the minister.

"Why, you want us to drop dead now?!" Grindor demands furiously. "What a bucking twitch!"

"What was that?!" Greedo demands furiously, not liking this attitude at him at all.

"And what makes you think that letter is the truth?! It could be a trick!" Thinker asked Greedo with a suspicious look. For all everyone knows, it could be a trick to get them off guard!

"Right, did you even stop to consider that?!" Barricade scowls in annoyance. "They could get the drop on us!"

"What?! No! This is true! I've sent my spies to spy on them and get any message! And this is the proof I have." Greedo insists to them.

"And that makes me wonder of who you really are." Thinker said dryly, making Greedo alarmed by that accusation.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, this isn't the first time you have make the blunder like how you collect the tax for your personal gain!"

Greedo yelped, "T-that's not true. I needed some bits for my family!"

Thinker just scoffs at this, "Just like your son, you make excuses and nonsense to save your face. In reality, you have stolen money and supplies for your own gain!"

"No! I didn't do it. Honest!"

"Enough! I heard enough of it! You're dismissed, Greedo." Noble Guild said sternly. Greedo was about to protest but Noble cuts him off, "I said you're dismissed!"

Greedo groaned, "Yes, my lord... " Greedo turned and walked away from the meeting. He even muttered and chatted in anger, "You will regret this moment..."

As soon as his allies and soldiers were asleep, Greedo make his way to Imperial Phoenix's Main Camp, without anyone noticing him. He has arrived to his destination and demanded the audience with Azure Phoenix. And they did.

Imperial Phoenix Army and their guest were gathered at the main camp. They all listened to his story and purpose of coming here. Most of them were uneasy and suspicious of it. Azure Phoenix remained calm and firm.

"So... Are you certain this is true, my old friend?" Azure asks Greedo, wanting to know if he's right.

"I am, my liege. I cannot serve Lord Noble Guild anymore as he unable to see the bigger picture. And he refused to heed my advice. So, why not rat them out now forbetraying me?" Greedo admits with a scoff. Noble Guild is getting to the point of no return, so Greedo himself may as well get out of there as he can.

Azure Phoenix hummed in concern as he gave some thoughts. Imperial Phoenix Officers were still suspicious and concern of trusting Greedo.

"Cousin, don't trust him! He's up to something!" Anger protest angrily to his cousin. Considering Greedo is of the enemy, no surprise that he could be up to something here!

Bullhound nodded while adding, "Yeah! I have a bad feeling about this."

Bladestrike agrees, "I agreed. This is a suicide mission!"

"I'd say we forget about it." Navy Arrow said with a deep frown. No mission is worth it!

Snaptrap sighed, "If we don't act now, we'll miss the opportunity."

"He has the point, guys." Laxtinct said in agreement. If what Greedo said is true, it's best to do this before the opportunity is gone for good.

"This is our chance! We must take it now before it's too late!" Axen exclaims furiously.

Imperial Phoenix Officers argued among themselves about whether or not they should do it or not.

"Wow, is it always like this back then?" Spike whispers to the others in disbelief.

"Only when it comes to big situations like this, Spike," Twilight whispers in Spike, knowing how in history that it's true.

"What Azure would say though?"

Greedo spoke out desperately, "Please, take this chance now before it's too late. The location of supply depot is at Night Raid on north. I can take you there."

Azure pauses then turns to the only sane pony in the room, so to speak. He spoke, "Schemetrick."

Schemetrick pauses to think before speaking, "It's risky, but that's the only chance we cannot miss. Once we burn their supply down, the enemy's morale will drop and the soldiers will deserted or surrender to me."

"I agreed with him, father." Strikespell said in agreement.

Twilight nodded while adding, "You'd better take it. This is your chance."

Azure Phoenix stood up firmly. He boomed in determination, "Stallion! The time is now! We strike and burn the supply depot tonight. We cannot miss this chance."

"Lord!" All exclaims as they salute sternly.

"Thank you..." Greedo said with a smile. Noble Guild made a mistake for not listening. It will be his own undoing.

---------------------

By nightfall, Azure Phoenix has gathered his army of 30,000 soldiers. He left Snaptrap, Laxtinct and Navy Arrow behind to guard the Great Fortress.

With Greedo's help and guidance, they all marched straight to Night Raid Supply Depot. They were all surprised and shocked of what they saw. The supply depot has lots of food supply.

"So, it is true." Anger said in disbelief. He didn't wish to believe it, but Greedo was right all along.

Bullhound spoke out in amazement, "That is one big garrison to carry lots and lots of food."

"And also, the soldiers weren't patrolling and guarding it well." Bladestrike said with an amused smirk while chcukloing.

"Right and it will be their own undoing."

"I can't believe I am saying this....but I owe you an apology." Anger said to Greedo with a sigh, making him smile. It isn't easy for him to apologize like that.

"Well?" Greedo turns to Azure while asking.

"This is one chance we cannot miss. Now's our chance! Attack!" Azure orders his troops sternly.

As his order has been given, Imperial Phoenix Army gave the loud battle cry as they charged and attacked the supply depot. They all killed all of Griffon Soldiers, and also burnt down the supply to ashes. Most of Griffon Soldiers panicked and escaped the garrison at once while some of them surrendered to them for their safety.

Azure Phoenix smiled proudly as he witnessed supply depot was burning down to ashes.

"Now, my old friend, this is where your downfall began. Let's see what can you do next after this disaster..." Azure said in determination. Noble Guild is going to fall today.

Fluttershy shudders at this sight, "Sometimes, Azure can be scary pony. I don't know how you handle it, Twilight."

Twilight sighed, "Well, he trained me to be brave and professional as much as I can, no matter how bloody and scary the battle is."

"I pretty much preferred you as the Princess of Friendship than the Princess of War." Spike remarks to Twilight dryly. The Alicorn nodded in agreement. "What's next?"

Twilight sighed, "Noble Guild is going to lose his battle..."

--------------------------------------------

At the Northern Griffon Army's main camp, Noble Guild, his generals and advisors were discussing for their next plan to attack and finish off Imperial Phoenix Army. A Griffon Scout has arrived and entered the main camp. He made the report about the latest situation he has discovered. They all shown their shocking and worried looks. They stood up from their seats and looked at the scout. The Griffon Scout quickly lowered his head down, avoiding to face the wrath of his superiors.

"What was that?!" Noble Guild demanded in shock and anger. He approached to his scout, whom he grabbed and held up high. He asked, "You say that every bit of our supplies are gone, put to the torch?!" The Griffon Scout nodded fearfully. He screamed in anger and frustration, "How could this be happening?! My superior numbers of soldiers should able to hold them off!"

"My lord, allow me to go and save the survivors and rest of our supplies!" Clawdestroyer said firmly.

"No, my lord!" The yellow Griffon worn the black minister robe - Bonehead exclaimed in disagreement, "This is the perfect chance for us to strike and take over the Great Fortress! You must not lose the opportunity!"

"No! Without our supplies, our army will starve to death! We'll be destroyed during the battlefield!"

"Do not miss that opportunity! You must strike and capture enemy base now!"

"Save our soldiers and supplies now!"

"Defeat your enemy now!"

Noble Guild groaned in anger as he lost his temper to shout, "Silent!" Everyone yelped in concern as they kept quiet at once. He sighed, "You both are right. We cannot let this opportunity to waste. Clawdestroyer, you will take your units of 5,000 Soldiers to attack and conquer the base. Both Terra and Grindor will accompany you both!" He turned to Barricade and cyan-colored Unicorn with lighter brown mane and tail in ponytail dressed in her black and blue Cheongsam dress-like, her cutie mark is flute and song note, "My son and Lady Fluteheart, you will take 10,000 soldiers to go and rescue our soldiers. That way we can complete the mission without worrying the decision I make! Now go and deal with it!"

Noble Guild's officers and advisors exclaimed and bowed humnly, "LORD!"

Noble Guild's sons headed off to gather their troops and preparing to march out. Both Clawdestroyer and Fluteheart looked concern and uneasy about the situation they're facing. They both sighed in annoyance and disappointment.

"How could our lord think that way?" Fluteheart said in concern, "We should focused on saving our supplies and soldiers, not attacking the Great Fortress. Clearly, no doubt, there will be ambush for you to face, Master Clawdestroyer."

Clawdestroyer sighed, "I agreed with your concerns, Lady Fluteheart. Let us hope that we can survive and win this battlefield. I wish you luck, my lady."

Fluteheart nodded, "As do you, General Clawdestroyer."

Clawdestroyer went with both Terra and Grindor while Fluteheart followed Barricade. They all headed off and performed their missions.

--------------------------------------------

Barricade and Fluteheart have arrived at the Night Raid Supply Depot, accompanied by 10,000 Soldiers. They have found the supply depot is in ruined and ashes. They even found some soldiers were badly injured and burnt by blades and burning crisps, but also no sign of Imperial Phoenix Soldiers. This surprised and shocked the Northern Griffon Army to find their enemy have left and abandoned the supply depot after capturing and burning it down.

"Lord Barricade, remain vigilant. Something is not right around here..." Fluteheart said in concern.

"I doubt of it," Barricade disagreed.

"But my lord! Not everything are not what they seems to be. Please, remain vigilant!"

"You worried too much, pony. And besides, you are my slave and maid. So your job is to obey me, not questioning my order. If you were my wife, I would have listen to you. Guess what, b****? You are not!"

Fluteheart groaned, "Why do I even try?"

"ATTACK!"

SCREAM! Northern Griffon Army yelped in shock and surprise. Imperial Phoenix Soldiers emerged from the straws and camps. Blazefist and his archers began firing their arrows at some soldiers. Strikespell, Anger and Bladestrike charged and attacked the rest of soldiers including Barricade. Noble Guild's middle son panicked in fear and worry as he wasn't sure of what he can do next now. While Anger and Bladestrike dealt with some soldiers, Strikespell charged and attacked Barricade. But he got intercepted by Fluteheart. Seeing his chance, Barricade quickly make his escape, along with 3,000 Soldiers only while leaving her behind.

"Damn it. He abandoned his own maid?!" Fluteheart cursed in anger. She turned and glared at Strikespell. She readied her flute-like sword, "I hope you're ready to die. I will not back down from the fight."

Anger was about to fight but halted by Strikespell. Azure Phoenix's son spoke, "Such a beautiful flower... You almost make me forget that this is a field of battle.

Fluteheart snapped, "Save your pleasantries for parlor." She screamed as she struck her flute-blade at Strikespell, who blocked it while glaring at her. She groaned, "I'll soon remind you of where you are. "

"Not just only a beautiful mare as Oracle Sparkle, but also quite feisty and fierce than anymare. I will spare your life if you come with me."

"How very forward... But why don't you save your generous offer after you've won, hmm?"

And just before Strikespell could do anything, Fluteheart screamed as she kicked him by guts. They both began swinging their blades in clashing and striking for few times. They then have the clash for the moment. Every time she has the clash with the stallion, she can't help herself to feel something special and comfortable about him especially how he talk, comment and treat her like a lady than a slave. Nevertheless, Fluteheart continued to battle with Strikespell, who remained calm and ease to block and deflect the attacks for few rounds.

Azure Phoenix and the rest of his forces have arrived and witnessed the battlefield. Twilight and her friends were there as well.

As Fluteheart and Strikespell have the big clash for the moment, he grabbed and thrown her to the floor. As she recovered from the surprise attack, he aimed his dual blade at her throat. She has lost the battle. The remaining of Northern Griffon Army groaned and moaned in defeat as they thrown their weapons down for surrendering. Imperial Phoenix Army gave the loud cheer for their leader.

"You have bested me. But if you intend to defile my honor, then I will take my own life here..." Fluteheart said firmly.

"Ha... I intend to take you as my wife." Strikespell said calmly as he lowered down his dual blade. He held his hoof before her, "If that thought dismays you, then by all means, take your life."

"Your wife?" Fluteheart asked in surprise. She gave in some thoughts about it. She remembered of how she has been mistreated badly by Griffons especially the effort she has put up for them. And now, her enemies are treating her like a lady especially Strikespell. She smiled a bit as she took his hoof to stand up. She bowed humbly, "I... I accept! I will stand by your side, my lord! My name is Fluteheart."

"I am Strikespell - your prince charming. My beautiful lady of song," Strikespell remarked as he held her to get up. He gave Fluteheart a passionate kiss. She returned it to him. He smiled, "You're indeed sweet and perfect lady I ever met."

Fluteheart giggled a bit, "I am honored, my lord."

Strikespell and Fluteheart gave each other a long passionate kiss. Imperial Phoenix Army commented about them being the couple while Azure Phoenix laughed amusingly about it.

"That is the weirdest way for the couple to meet and falling in love that fast..." Spike commented in shock and concern.

Nyx shrugged, "Well. You know what they say, 'He works in mysterious ways'..."

--------------------------------------------

Terra, Grindor, Clawdestroyer and their 5,000 Soldiers charged straight to the Great Fortress. Seeing the fortress has opened its gate, this is their chance to strike and conquer it. While most of griffons were pleased of the battlefield, but Clawdestroyer was uncertain and suspicious about it.

"My lords, we should be alert. There could be an ambush and traps," Clawdestroyer warned Terra and Grindor.

"You worried too much." Grindor said confidently before looked at the Great Fortress, "Look at it. There are no guards to guard it. Azure Phoenix was indeed foolish to left it unguarded. And now, I'm taking over it!"

Terra scoffed, "No, I shall take over it. As the older brother, I will lead!"

"No, I will!"

"No, I insist!"

"Will you back off?!"

"Make me, idiot!"

Both Terra and Grindor gotten into a big fight, which annoyed and irritated Clawdestroyer. The general spoke, "Enough! I will take the lead. Just to keep you both safe."

"Fine!" Terra and Grindor exclaimed in agreement.

Clawdestroyer led 2,500 soldiers as they all marched into Great Fortress. As they were about to begin inspection, the gate behind got slammed down. This surprise and shocked Clawdestroyer and his allies. And just before Terra and Grindor could do anything, Navy Arrow shouted to his soldiers to begin firing their hail of arrows and boulders thrown by the catapults upon them. This has forced them to flee and escaped the battlefield, abandoning Clawdestroyer.

Clawdestroyer grunted in anger of betrayed by his own generals. Nevertheless, he armed with his claws, preparing to fight. Snaptrap stood before him as he smiled darkly and amusingly. Clawdestroyer screamed in anger as he charged and about to slam his claws at him. But instead, a wooden plank emerged from the ground and blocked the attacks. He then got himself hammered by Laxtinct. Clawdestroyer was about to get up but held down by Laxtinct.

"What are you waiting for? Finish me off!" Clawdestroyer shouted in anger and annoyance.

Laxtinct sighed, "Do anyone always want to die before asked themselves if they could join us or not?"

Clawdestroyer was annoyed and angered to speak. Snaptrap approached and spoke with him, "My dear general. Don't you think you should deserve better than the treatment you have from Noble Guild?" Clawdestroyer was uncertain yet doubtful. He continued, "By the time his sons returned to the camp, they will report to him about the latest situation. And then one of his advisor - Bonehead will no doubt speak of lies to your lord and slander you being useless and coward. To us, you're brave and smart leader for not turning your back on your own soldiers. Join us. You all will be treated with respect."

After giving some thoughts, Clawdestroyer looked up to Snaptrap and said, "Very well. I accept it. I surrender to you."

Laxtinct cheered, "Woohoo! Clawdestroyer is on our side!"

Both Imperial Phoenix Army and Cladestroyer's remnants cheered wildly due to Clawdestroyer has joined their sides now...

--------------------------------------------

A few days have passed...

Due to supplies have ran out, the soldiers from Northern Griffon Army became demoralized and gone mad as well. Most of them demanded Noble Guild that they wanted to go home or end the fight, causing them to get executed and killed. Others abandoned their posts and surrendered to Imperial Phoenix Army in secret. A few have deserted and escaped the battlefield. Noble Guild is losing the battle.

On one night, Azure Phoenix and the remaining forces of Imperial Phoenix Army are positioning on the hill, which was located before Northern Griffon's Main Camp. Clawdestroyer and Flueheart were among them. Twilight and her friends were among them. They all now armed and ready for the final battle at Great Fortress.

"Soldiers of Imperial Phoenix Army. Fathers! Brothers! Sons! Comrades of our great Imperial Army!" Azure Phoenix called firmly. Imperial Phoenix Army looked at him. He continued, "Since the beginning of Qin Dynasty's declination and losing its powers, you all have followed me, fought bravely under my command and have faith in me. Despite difficulties and odds, we do not show fear or hesitation to them! Thus, today is the proof that we have defeated the odds and turn the tide to our favors. Our final battle with Noble Guild ends tonight! And this day forth, the world will know Imperial Phoenix Army have defeated the greatest and powerful warlord!"

Imperial Phoenix Army gave a loud battle cry and cheer.

"Now, we attack!" Azure Phoenix shouted.

Azure Phoenix nudged his dragon steed to head off. His Imperial Phoenix Army followed his example. They all charged straight into the main camp. They began slaughtering and defeating most of Noble Guild's soldiers. Some panicked and escaped the battlefield for their lives. Others pleaded that they surrendered for their safety. Imperial Phoenix Officers have defeated weakened and pathetic Griffon Officers at ease.

Azure Phoenix has arrived and entered the main camp, accompanied by Strikespell, Fluteheart Anger, Schemetrick, Blazefist and Bladestrike. Twilight and her friends followed them as well. They all stood before the surprised and worried Noble Guild. The noble griffon warlord refused to accept his defeat. And just before he could strike, Azure Phoenix dashed in before struck his sword at him, pushing him straight at the banners. Noble Guild fell to the ground hard.

Noble Guild grunted in pain as he looked up and glared at Azure Phoenix, "Curse you, Azure Phoenix. Come to kill me, have you?!" Azure Phoenix remained silent while glaring at him. He continued babbling, "I, who have been your friend since we were children. I, with the noble name of the Qin!" He groaned in pain, "You... You should be beneath me."

Azure Phoenix's eyes narrowed in anger and spoke, "Say nothing more. I'll think you less of a birdbrain." Noble Guild was in shock yet angered. He continued, "A noble name, and a powerful army. All that strength, and yet you strove to bring back a land that is now long passed..."

"W-What are you talking about?!"

"The very fact you do not understand is the reason you have lost."

Noble Guild was stunned and shocked by his comments. Azure Phoenix turned his back away from him, "This is our final farewell. You shall be another step upon my path to total rule..."

Quivered in shock and fear by his friend's comments, Noble Guild screamed in pain and agony while holding his head like he is losing his mind. His sons have came to his aid. They helped and got him on the dragon steed carriage as they're about to escape now.

"You will pay for this, Phoenix!" Terra exclaimed in anger.

"Yeah. We shall have our revenge!" Barricade shouted in agreement.

"Our noble name will rise again! That's our promise!" Grindor snapped in anger.

Noble Guild and his sons have made their escape. They all returned to the Northern Griffon area now. Anger gave the battle cry and cheer as the Imperial Phoenix Army have cheered wildly and proudly that they have won. Azure Phoenix approached to Twilight and her friends.

"That was very cruel of you!" Fluttershy scolded.

"Yeah. You don't have to be mean!" Spike agreed.

"You're wrong," Azure Phoenix said dryly and darkly, "That is the truth and facts have proven how weak and indecisive Noble Guild has proven, and also my point about friendship.

"He's your friend!" Twilight snapped firmly.

"Was my friend," Azure Phoenix said firmly, "You claimed that Magic of Friendship is a powerful weapon that could change the world?" He scoffed a bit, "You were wrong, Twilight. It is the power ponies wield is the one, who can change the world. Friendship can only slow you down from accomplishing your achievements. In order to ensure my ambition is realized, I make lots of sacrifices including my friends. As I said before, Twilight, 'I rather betray the world than let the world betray me'. This is what you should do, not rely on your friend. Just like how you deal with those cowardly Hippogriffs. I admire your courage to use drastic measure to achieve your mission, and how you used your friends to do so. After all, it was their fault for betraying you."

Fluttershy, Nyx and Spike were annoyed and angered by it. Regrettably, they hated that he was right about what he has said is true for forgetting their mission and abandoning Twilight again.

"Yes, I did it, out of desperation and believing that the world betray me, and even friendship could never touch creatures' hearts and minds. I hated my own friends for abandoning me and their own mission of saving my home." They were in shock while Azure Phoenix was amused. She continued, "But I told myself that I'd never ever do it again especially hurting my own friends. I will said this to you, 'friendship isn't always easy, but there's no doubt, it's worth fighting for'. That's what I believe in."

Fluttershy, Nyx and Spike were amazed and relieved to hear it. They gave Twilight a passionate and comfort hug. Azure Phoenix was disappointed yet amused by her determination and philosophy. She hasn't given up on her friendship morality and philosophy.

"I see." Azure Phoenix said calmly, "We shared similarity for being intelligent and strong leaders yet we have different philosophies to believe in. Tell me, do you believe that friendship can change the world?"

Twilight nodded firmly, "I do."

"Very well. I look forward to see how you accomplish it. How right or wrong you are..."

"I promised you that Friendship is Magic."

"We shall see..."

Author's Note:

Main Casts:
Tara Strong: Twilight Sparkle
Andrea Libman: Fluttershy
Daveigh Chase: Nyx
Cathy Weseluck: Spike
Douglas Rye: Azure Phoenix
Christopher Corey Smith: Noble Guild, Thinker
Michael McConnohie: Narrator

Minor Casts:
Dough Erholtz: Strikespell
Kirk Thornton: Anger, Terra
Tony Oliver: Navy Arrow, Grindor, Imperial Phoenix and Northern Griffon Soldiers
Quinton Flynn: Schemetrick
Doug Stone: Bullhound, Imperial Phoenix and Northern Griffon Soldiers
Roger Craig Smith: Bladestrike, Barricade, Imperial Phoenix Soldiers
Josh Keaton: Blazefist, Greedo, Northern Griffon Soldiers
P.J. Bryne: Laxtinct
Vic Mignogna: Snaptrap, Imperial Phoenix and Northern Griffon Soldiers
Eric Bauza: Clawdestroyer, Bonehead
Wendee Lee: Fluteheart

Next Chapter 21 - Rise of Azure Phoenix (II): After victory at Battle of Great Fortress, Azure Phoenix and his Imperial Phoenix Army began marching and invading the Northern Griffon, and also finishing off Noble Guild's sons, who were rumored that they were fighting among themselves after the death of their father. Who will be victorious ad gain control of Northern Ma?

PreviousChapters Next