• Published 29th May 2016
  • 2,108 Views, 22 Comments

What If I Knew EVERYTHING - Maze Tail



Twilight is 963 years old and she hates being immortal. So Twilight travels a year before she even became the new element of magic and meet her new friends to stop what will become.

  • ...
10
 22
 2,108

Dreams Of What

That night I looked up belonged the balcony at the night sky. Millions of stars covered the beautiful night. All in order, perfect design and patterns. My thoughts all messed up. I stared up as the stars twinkled ‘what I am doing here?’ I’m just repeating history just in a different way. This is a different night a dull sky with no effort or any passion. The stars may twinkle but they are dull. The night sky maybe silent but it isn’t peaceful. Luna did a better job than Celestia as I just realised. When I went to that different time line Nightmare moon she didn’t feel the sky with passion but fear. The sky has no peace, only darkness. Still wonder, how they all survived without the warmth of the sun for so long. ‘I could just let her rule since they all seemed to have survived without the day’ I banished that thought since but started to consider it. I could have my revenge on Celestia for this mess. Maybe. However I thought of letting Sombra deal with her. Or Discord. As I ponded on those thoughts, I drifted off to sleep on it.

The Sky was dark and chilling. I sensed fear. I sensed anger. NO harmony. Everything was cold. I looked around clearing my version seeing Luna’s guard in front of me. They were wearing a cold expression. Rubbing my eye and turned to find myself in a prison cell. First thought. Dreaming!

“What happened?” I asked. I’m going to just go with the flow.

“Don’t you remember, you landed in the court? Of the guards saw you and bought you here. It’s not every day an Alicorn just comes out of the air.” The guard took off his helmet explaining the situation. The guard was one of Luna’s guard. He had a black and light blue mane. His coat was a dark blue.

I turned my head slowly to my back to see two wings on my back. “Oh no oh no oh no…. I thought I got rid of these-“I started flapping in a panic. “Stupid wing I want to come down-“I guard got his spear looking ready to attack. “I hate being a stupid Alicorn, I don’t want to live FOREVER again.” I started to descend with my eyes crying and sobbing.

“If you may be so kind and come peacefully then you won’t get hurt” I glared at him. My expression changed. I slowly walked up to him and whispered.

“If you think you can hurt me you are mistaken. I’ve tried that alright. Long with many others more powerful than you and do you know what?” He didn’t get time to answer. “They couldn’t I have more knowledge, experience and power than you know with fighting. Don’t challenge me!” He didn’t say a word and leaded me though the prison cells. There was many prisoners big and small. The hall seemed endless. Until we ended up at the main doors to the throne room. The guard knocked on it. I wasn’t scared or frightened I knew this was a dream.

“ENTER!” A powerful voice from inside spook. It could only be nightmare moon. As we entered the throne room. I got that chilling feeling again. “Leave us and let nobody over hear us. Understood!”

The guard shuttered. “Crystal” Then he exited the room, leaving the two of us alone.

“Well, well, well! If it isn’t the princess of magic herself.” Nightmare moon snickered. I did not speak or say anything but looked to the floor. Nightmare moon walked over and held my head up. “Not going to say anything huh? Pitiful.”

“This is just a dream and YOU are not real.” I shouted. The nightmare smirked. Then the nightmare detached from Luna’s body. Luna laid there in her form like the first time I defeated her. As I stared at Luna, a foggy mist raced towards me. It felt dark and powerful. Memories I buried long ago appeared in front of my eyes. Deaths. Destruction. Chaos. The pain was too much for me to bare. At the finial memory I saw me in my dark form. Midnight Sparkle. I liked the name but what I turned into was…… So many I’ve killed. Nightmare moon never killed anyone but me... I don’t know. I promised myself I would never do that again. As the memory faded turning into a starry place, the nightmare appeared in a shape of Midnight Sparkle.

“It hurts doesn’t it? I can help u.” I slammed my hoof on the ground.

“NO I DON’T NEED YOUR BUCKING HELP! YOU REINED MY SANTITY AND YOU WILL PAY” I shot a powerful beam at the nightmare. There I stood alone in the hall of the universe. No longer was I in my dream, I was at peace. I signed laying on the beautiful stars. Just then a flash of light appeared in my sight.

“I’m back baby. Finally I got out that thing you can’t believe how uncomfortable that was since it’s been a long time I’ve been in that.” A familiar voice. The light dimmed as I saw Discord standing in view.

“DISCORD!” that was the only word that came out.

“No hello Discord or how you doing Discord. Aren’t we friends.” I took a deep breath, clearing my thoughts as I spook.

“Hello Discord! Sorry about that how did you get here.”

“Teleporting duh!” I glared at him. “Fine I came with you. I made my self-invisible so I could come with you.”

“Why?” I questioned.

“To help you out.” I glared at him. “I wanted to cause some chaos” He smiled as continued to glare at him. “Fine I wanted to see Fluttershy again. You can’t believe how hard it is. She was my first friend. I’m all powerful but I can’t raise the dead.

Why is it hard to say goodbye
I keep up an act
I still want to simile
Fluttershy would want me to be happy with my life
I have you as a friend along with the other immortals, But
She could never be replace
She was different, she was special, and she was my first friend…
The pony of kindness
Why is hard to say to bye

Why is it still sooo hard?
Too say goodbye to you

Why is it so hard to say good bye
My friends died around me, long ago
It’s been 100s of years now, why have I not let go
I should be over this…But I’m not
Spike was the last to leave me behind that's when! I! Snapped!
My mentor doesn’t even care about me
Now I got out of Celestia’s grasp
I will see them again as Celestia has no power over meeee…

Why is it so hard to say good bye
Too say good bye, to say good byeto you

The song ended as we stared at each other. I broke the silence. “What do we do?”

“We are going to make things go are way. Twilight, you and I will get are happily ever after.” Discord stood up wearing a military costume with a proud look. I smiled as he held out his claw pulling me up.

“Yeah we will.” I whispered to him. “Can I come to the wedding?” I winked at him. Discord blushed replying. “Yeah of course.” I gave him a hug. The place began to fade from my vision.

Finding my self-awake in my bed. I got out of bed and took a slower. As I got out I could smell some pancakes. Smelling the pancakes, I trotted downstairs seeing Discord and Spike at the table.

The Spike asked. “Want some pancakes?” Discord, Spike and I ate at the table explaining the situation to Spike. Something tells me Spike already knew as soon as Discord appeared when he appeared in the kitchen.

“Hey old buddy, want to see Twilight first flying lesson”

“Don’t you even thi-“I was cut off my as the images unfolding. I smiled and signed. ‘Glad your hear Discord’.

Author's Note:

I have to thank devinthunder from Equestria Amino for helping me think of this chapter. Thanks for staying with me I hope u like it. Now that my internet I can get some things done.:pinkiegasp: Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please comment down below to see what I can improve for the next one. Thank you to Naiba and Bojack H for giving some criticism in the comments below without being mean. It helped see some points. And thank you Light for telling me to keep going. Hope u all like the new chapter.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy: