• Published 29th May 2016
  • 2,109 Views, 22 Comments

What If I Knew EVERYTHING - Maze Tail



Twilight is 963 years old and she hates being immortal. So Twilight travels a year before she even became the new element of magic and meet her new friends to stop what will become.

  • ...
10
 22
 2,109

Stress, Secrets and Streets

On The Train—
Spike and I were sitting on the train to Manhattan, chatting about our time in Canterlot. We laughed about old time. We talked about how much we were going to miss our friends and family.

My parents visited rarely to the castle as a filly. I was mostly raised by Celestia. I went to Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns and had private lessons with Celestia, learning magic. I gradated early and got my degree in science and magic then become a magic researcher at the palace but I still was taught by Celestia for higher advances. Back then I used to shut ponies out and only focussing on my research and studies. Cadence mostly visits me in the library when she is not busy with court meetings and paper work. My brother, Shinning Armor, worked in the military and is captain of the royal guards so we see each other around the palace but he was always so busy sometimes. My only company was Spike because I didn’t spend much time with our friends.

Spike and I had a strong bond but I missed so much in his life. Spike never had a mother figure to look on and that's what I'm going to be for him. Spike always questioned where he came from I didn’t know. We always acted like mother and son so I knew I needed this chance to be a better mother to Spike. I knew he wasn’t a normal dragon because of his magic. However I know Spike is going to be ok with a nice family in about 40 years or sooner with his wife Ember and kids Scales and Fire. I know they inherit some magic from him. Their children inherited Spike’s kind heart and Embers determination. I am so proud of them.

I starred at the window surrounded by my thoughts and heard Spike waking me up. Then we stepped out the train together onto the platform as they arrived at the train station.

“Mom you ok, you look out of it” Spike asked.

“Yes Spike, I’m fine I’m just tired is all, let’s go don’t want to be tarty do we.” We went on ahead, heading into the town. There were many buildings and houses as we walked pass. The streets were crowed with ponies from far and wide from all over Equestria. To be honest I didn’t need a job because what Spike didn’t know was that I stashed a lot of bits in a dimensional pocket before we came plus I can conjunct bits out of thin air. I was at least prepared for that before I time travelled. It would look suspious if I didn't have a job anyway. When we got to the magic research library, we were greeted by a light, blue unicorn stallion with a red mane. His cutie mark is of library books with a hat.

“Hello Ms Sparkle and young Spike I am Book Hat, I am part of the magic research group, I will show you too your rooms. You are said that you would be here for 3 months for the job, am I correct?”

“Yes, my son and I are going to do some traveling around Equestria so I am going to take some part time jobs.” I spook proudly.

“I am glad to hear it, you are about 16 correct” Book Hat questioned.

“Yes” I half lied.

“Are you a student of Princess Celestia because it was a rare thing? It said in your application but I not sure you were then I checked with lots of Canterlot nobles and some body guards that work in the castle that confirmed it. They had reports about another student of Celestia, Sunset Shimmer. She said that she abandoned her studies because of her ambition for power. What made you so special, do you know Sunset Shimmer and why did you leave?”

“Spike can you step into the other room and do some exploring ok, we are going to have a talk. You go have a look around the library ok, love son.”

“Ok mom love you, I going to look for comics” Spike then left the room to do exploring.” He left while I hesitated to answer him.

”What makes me special is my raw power. I do know Sunset Shimmer she will change of her ambition once I go and visit her. And for why I left, let’s say that life isn’t all that glamourous with the princess, it’s complicated on why I left the princess. I…I…I had a tough life and I don’t want to talk about. I just” Tears started falling from my face. “Please I can’t talk about it but not all of the blame is on the princess most of it was my fault and stupid destiny. I can say no more than that but at least I got Spike to comfort me.” I wiped my eyes and plastered on a smile on my face. “Spike doesn’t know everything I know but it doesn’t matter anymore, I’m starting a new life, a refresh start.”

“I am sorry to bring you such distressed by my questions, I can see the pain in your eyes and I wouldn’t bring it up again. Here is your seduce, your room key and a map of the building. I got to go, have a goodnight Ms Sparkle.” As Spike came through the door, I saw Spike was holding a piece of ice cream in his claws.

“Spike, where did you get that ice cream?” I asked

“Well, I was wondering around the building and came across an ice cream machine lying around so I used it and got some ice cream. The machine and the bowl said ‘take me’ see it’s on the bowl.” Then he showed me the bowl.

“Spike, you shouldn’t take stuff that isn’t yours even if the bowl did say ‘take me’. I know you didn’t mean to but if you wanted ice cream you should have just asked”. Then I used my chaos magic that Discord taught me to conjunct a piece of chocolate ice cream in a white bowl.

“Wow Twilight, where did you learn that you didn’t even light your horn?” Spike asked.

“Let’s say a chaotic friend taught me that trick, you haven’t meet him yet, you will when we get around to it. Ok Spike, let’s go to sleep we have a big day tomorrow.” We headed to the spare rooms and unpacked. There were two beds, a bookshelf, fridge, cooker, sink, washing machine, wardrobe, closet, lamp, shower and bathroom. The bathroom has a bath, shower, sink and toilet. We then headed to bed and turned off the light.

“Goodnight Spike”
“Night mom”

The Next morning—
“WAKIE, WAKIE SPARKLE FIRST MEETING OF THE YEAR” I rubbed my eyes seeing a bright, orange stallion standing in front of the door with brown poufy hair and a cheese sandwich as a cutie mark.

“CHEESE SANDWICH?” I was at the state of shock seeing him in a library and attending a magic research meeting.

“Why, you heard of me because I heard about you. You are the new trail researcher we get one every year. They always pick two to get fresh ideas on Earth, Unicorn and Pegasus magic.” Cheese Sandwich asked.

“Yes I have heard of you, you are one of the two best party planners in all of Equestria. You travel around Equestria planning parties for ponies that need it using your cheese sense but I didn't know you worked here.”

“I'm a traveller like you and the other trail magic researcher but for earth pony magic. The last two ponies was a Pegasus named Crash Rock and a Unicorn named Eco Night. I thought I was the best party planner but out of two, who’s the other?” Cheese questioned.

“Her name is Pinkie Pie she lives in Ponyville, giving joy where ever she goes and she sings a lot. Also known to have a pinkie sense when I was studding Earth pony magic there have been reports of her natural gift. There also has been reports of your cheesy sense. Then I looked into both your families but you were an orphan while Pinkie had a family on a rock farm. Pinkie’s family members each has their own powers. I tried to trace it back to who the first pony to have these powers but I never found it and weird thing is she has a very unique power to her family but minding and seeing the future as most theory’s go about her.”

“Wow maybe I’ll meet her one day have you?”

“No never, anyway about the meeting” I half lied.

“Oh right, let’s go” Cheese sandwich pushed out of bed and to the meeting.

At the meeting room--
“We’ve here” We entered the meeting room and both cheese and I sat down in our seats.

“Oh good Ms Sparkle, you’re here, I want you to introduce you to the research team. I am Doctor who the head in the magic research” Then he pointed to a pink unicorn mare with a green flowing mane and a quill as a cutie mark. “This is Quill Write and I guessed you already meet Book Hat and Cheese Sandwich.” Then he pointed to a dark Pegasus mare with a purple mane styled like Rainbow Dash’s. Her cutie mark was a clock with a book in the middle sitting on top of a cloud. “This is Time Cloud and other sitting right next to her is the most powerful out of all of us in magic is Light Magic.” He pointed at a bright yellow mare with a pink curly mane. She had a yellow magic burst in the middle and a white ring surrounding it as a cutie mark. “Tell us something about the Twilight Sparkle”

“Oh, ok then, my parents are nobles called Twilight Velvet and Nightlight. I have a brother Captain of the royal guards named Shinning Armor. I grew up in Canterlot. I loved learning magic at a young age so my parents applied me for Celestia’s school for gifted unicorns. My entrance exam was to hatch Spike that I did. Then the sonic rainboom activated my horn to levitate myself in the air, then turned my parents into cactuses, then levitated the instructors in the air, then did a growth spell on Spike any made a light show with my eyes turned white. The princess came in and fixed everything by releasing my grip of my magic changing everything back, I became her student and got my cutie mark. Then life went on, somethings change and I end up here I guess.”

“That is an amazing you got to be pretty powerful then. Light you seem to have some compaction here. [Giggles]” Quill Write smirked.

“Will see about that. That story seems unbelievable if you ask me.” Light said.

“Believe it or not it still happened but I haven’t ever accessed that power since I was a filly. Let’s get back to the meeting shall we.” I half lied.
“Ok!” Every pony said.

1 week later—
The meetings went well and I chipped some future knowledge to speed up the process of advancing technology but not in too much detail. I didn’t take hold of the group meaning I didn’t make myself the centre of the group. They did like my ideas and I got noticed but Light got angry because she had a hard first week when she came here.

“Hey Twilight! Need a talk with you” Light coldly glared at me.

“What’s up Light? Is something wrong, did I do something?”

“Just remember your place if you know what’s good for you”

“What are you going to do about what? I came here to do some part time work for 3 months then I’ll be off to some more travelling with my son. ” Light glared at me. “I know my friend taught me if I’m sad you can eat cotton candy to make the pain go away, you want some.” Then some cotton candy appeared on my hoof.

“First how come you can do that nobody can conjunct cotton candy out of thin air without magic and with magic. You must be the biggest dummy I’ve ever seen. Remember your place newbie. Are you mocking me? If you don’t want to leave early you be quiet got that.”

“And what if I don’t?” Light stomped her hoof because I made her mad.

“That’s it I challenge you to a duel”

“I accept, what are the stacks? I’ve haven’t been in one in a while so I might be a little rusty” I said.

“If I win you leave and if you win I leave deal”

“Nope! If I win you’ll be my friend deal”

“You are crazy but deal unless you decide to chicken out at the last minute.” Light grinned.

“Never! Let’s duel” I smirked and stomped my hoof. Then Cheese came out of nowhere screaming his head off making me think he is crazy. Then a crowd of ponies picked us up and put us in the battle field.

Then Cheese presented himself in the middle of the battle field.“DUEL! DUEL! DUEL! FIRST NEW YEAR DUEL! IN THIS CORNER WE HAVE THE UNSTOPPABLE, UNBEATABLE LIGHT MAGIC” Cheese screamed at the top of his lungs. The crowd cheered her name. Note to self ‘don’t question where the crowd of ponies came from at such short notice or Cheese Sandwich. “AND IN THIS CORNER, NEW COMMER, TWILIGHT SPARKLE” The crowd cheered again. Then he ran across to the side lines at the end of the field. “LET THE BATTLE BEGAIN”.

“DRAW!” Light shouted and the lightning beam nearly hit me.

“JUST STAND STILL OR FIGHT, SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO!” Light shouted.

“YOU CAN DO IT, YOU ARE THE BEST AT MAGIC AND YOU CAN DO THIS MOM!” Spike shouted.

“This has been fun I’m ending this fight now” I ignited me horn to shoot a final big lightning bolt then but my chaos magic and normal magic mixed together creating a flash of bright light. Then Light Magic tried to use her magic to stop me but me magic was too strong. She also couldn’t because I bend magic to my will activating and stopping others from using magic. I had no control of what I was doing. My magic was going haywire levitating things above the air and shooting lightning bolts at the field. I was in the air with my eyes white. I could feel the power rushing though my body. I was shooting lightning bolts at everyone. I got angry by the magic controlling me, so I screamed and fort against it.

NO, YOU WILL NOT CONTROL ME AGAIN. I WILL NOT ASCENDED. I AM IN CONTROL OF MY MAGIC. I AM STILL THE ELEMENT OF MAGIC SO I COMMAND ALL MAGIC. NOW STOP AT MY WILL!” Then my magic stopped and I appeared on the ground. That was the last thing I remember before fainting of loss of magic.















I found myself on a white bed in a small room. I rubbed my eyes to look at my surroundings realising I was in a hospital. Then I saw Spike beside my bed in a basket asleep.

“Spike, Spike ice cream”

“Ice cream, where? Oh, mom I’ve been so worried. You were in a coma for 4 days and I thought you were never going to wake up. I was so worried please don’t worry me again. What happened to you please tell me? You’ve been acting weird please tell me mom I want to help you. You have been different tell me, tell me please” Spike started to cry which I did the same.

“Oh Spike, what have I done. I can do nothing right. I shouted out.

“Yes you can now tell me please mom”

“Alright but you promise to not tell any pony”

“Promise”

“I…I…I am from the future and it’s…it’s…it’s not that pleasant so I ran away from it. I changed it. I’m sorry I just want us to be happy and not be controlled by fate.” I said crying

“Don’t worry about it but don’t scare me like that again” Spike and I hugged. “But what happened to you?”

“Well my chaos magic and my harmony magic mixed together creating a magical burst. Don’t…don’t worry about it Spike, let’s get out of here.” We both headed back though the door.
Outside the hospital--

“Spike before you ask I’m not going to tell you about the future because I just changed it so it’s worthless now. Is anyone else here?” I asked.

“No just me, the researchers just left 3 hours ago, I think.” Once we checked out the hospital, a doctor said ‘about stay off using magic and the magic will recover’. Then he talked about all the boring stuff like don’t do this and I don’t know I wasn’t listening because I know this stuff after being told a hundred times literally, I can see why ponies don’t like things repeated.

“Just want to let you know that, this is not going to be an easy ride and I can’t promise you I wouldn’t be in danger but I promise you, I will always be by your side. I want you to make me a promise if something happens to me I want you to stay strong, can you do that for me.”

“I will and can you try not to get into dangerous situations. It would make me feel a little bit better if you did” I gave Spike a huge hug and kissed him on the head.

“I’ll try, come Spike we got some travelling to do. We’ve going to pack up and since you know I’m from the future I got some extra bits in a pocket dimension here” Some bits appeared in his hand. “Also the chaotic friend I was talking about taught me to conjunct bits as well. I just needed a job to prove I earned those bits or the police may question me.”

“Wait mom am I big with wings in the future you saw please I just need to know.”

“Yes Spike you are huge with wings. I do know that dragons aren’t immortal and
their life span is 600-800 years old but I will now live up to around by 100s. You do have a wife with beautiful children and let’s say that it was very interesting on how you meet. She is very dedicated and I like her she’s a wonderful dragon but that’s in a few more years yet” I smirked.

“At least I had a nice life but what was so terrible we had to leave.”

“That’s for me to know and you to find out, no spoilers and besides, I like having the cards in my hands and it’s time to turn the tables.”

Author's Note:

This is my second chapter. I hope you liked it anyway, I need to work on my battle write. I hope you enjoy the next chapter is called Trix of Manhattan part 1. Please comment.:pinkiehappy: