• Published 15th May 2016
  • 582 Views, 5 Comments

I'll Love You Always, My Little Flutters - DaiAtlas2016



When Corkscrew the Dragon finds a baby yellow pegasus named Fluttershy, he leaves his home in the Dragonlands to move to Ponyville and raise her. He meets many nice ponies in Ponyville, these are his adventures.

  • ...
1
 5
 582

The Changeling War and Happiness

The next day, Flutters and I packed a picnic basket, with sandwiches, some fruit, and a pie I had made myself just for the occasion. I was going through my bow ties, because even if it's my day off, I still like to wear one everyday, and today, I wanted to find one that Strato would like, so I decided to let Flutters try and help me.

"I think she'll like the rainbow one!", Flutters beamed.

"You think so?", I asked, putting it on and looking in the mirror.

"Yeah! It matches her mane!", she smiled, straightening my bow tie.

"Well if you say so!", I laughed, kissing her forehead.

There was a knock on the door, so I went to answer it.

"Hello, Corky! What do you think? I went to the salon this morning and had my mane done!", Strato smiled as she walked in, Dashie trailing behind her.

As I examined her mane, I noticed it was very smooth and shiny, and was pulled back into a ponytail.

"I think it's beautiful!", I smiled, "It complements your eyes!"

"Oh, Corky....you're such a flatterer! I suppose it also complements your bow tie as well.", she giggled while blushing.

"That was Flutters's idea. I think she did a good job!", I laughed, putting my arm around her.

"Can we get going? I'm starving!", Dashie groaned.

"Okay, we'll get going! I know this great picnic spot!", I smiled, nuzzling Strato.

We went to the top of the hill next to our cottage, and started eating.

"So, Rainbow tells me you used to be a general, in the Changeling War?", Strato asked.

"Ooooh! Papa! Can you tell us that story?", Flutters beamed, interested.

"Well.......", I smiled, eating my sandwich.


100 Years Ago.......

I was the only general in the Dragon Army who came to the aid of Princess Celestia and her troops when they were totally outnumbered.

"General Corkscrew! What are you doing here?", Princess Celestia asked in surprise, staring at me.

"You really didn't expect me to sit and watch as those Changelings take out one of the most innocent species in Equestria, did you? I'm going to blow these Changelings sky high!", I smiled, my samurai-styled helmet gleaming in the sun.

"Look! Here come the Changelings!", shouted a soldier from Celestia's army.

I looked at the Changeling Army advancing towards us, "Call back your troops! I'll handle this.", I barked, glaring at the Changelings.

"Are you sure?", Celestia asked.

"Hey...don't worry about me.....you'll be surprised!", I grinned.

She looked at me curiously before shouting to her troops, "Fall back!"

As everyone retreated, I turned to look at the Changelings, they were getting closer. I knew that what I was about to do, would do a number on my healthy, scorching flame. But if I didn't do it, the ponies would be extinguished, and that spelled doom for the rest of the world. I opened my mouth and let out a very large ball of fire that turned the entire Changeling Army to ash.

I collapsed, coughing out sparks, as Celestia ran to my side.

"General Corkscrew! Are you alright?", she exclaimed, checking me for injuries.

I coughed, now being able to only spit out tiny flames, "I'll be fine...*cough*.....my flame just won't be the same anymore....."

"I thank you, General Corkscrew. You have saved Equestria, we will forever be in your debt. You have sacrificed much for our kind so willingly.....why?", she smiled.

"Because.....it was the right thing to do.", I answered, as she helped me back on my feet.

"I see the magic of kindness your heart, General Corkscrew. Let me know if you ever need anything, and I will provide it.", she smiled again.

"That won't be necessary, Princess. The Dragon Lord won't be too happy with me though...", I sighed.

"You accompany my troops back to Canterlot, I'll have a talk with Scorchus.....", she grinned, taking flight towards the Dragonlands.

And so I was liberated from punishment, and I retired and babysat Scorchus's son, Ash (The Current Dragon Lord) and Ash's daughter, Ember.


Present Time........

"Wow......", Dashie gasped, "You took out an entire army, by yourself?!?"

"Yep, although my flame was never quite the same after that.", I smiled, giving her a noogie.

"Papa.....Princess Celestia said you had the magic of kindness in your heart...does that mean you can use magic?", Flutters asked innocently.

I laughed, holding her close, "No, Flutters. She simply meant that I was very nice, even for a dragon. I hope you grow up like that. I try really hard. Promise me you'll do your best to be kind to everyone and everything, no matter the cost?"

"I promise, Papa....I promise.", she said, kissing my nose.

Strato wiped tears from her eyes, "You two are just too cute!"

"Come here you guys!", I grinned, pulling Strato and Dashie into a group hug with me and Flutters.

"I just know this family is going to be perfect!", Strato smiled, kissing me.

"It will, Strato, it will!", I replied.

"So that means.....", Flutters said, putting one and one together.

"We're going to be sisters! Yeah!", Dashie exclaimed, finishing Flutters thoughts.

They hoofbumped each other and did a little dance for joy. Strato smiled at me and smiled. I kissed her, getting a little giggle out of her.

"Oh, Corky! This is a dream come true!", she squealed, "I've always wanted to walk down the aisle, in a stunning white dress, and saying our vows! Oh, Corky! It'll be so lovely!"

And so, in a few months, we were wed. We had invited everyone from Ponyville. Rarity was nice enough to make our outfits, the Apples provided catering, Nick set off some fireworks and provided music along with Luck's Bounty, and even Strato's friends from the Wonderbolts put on a show for us.

"Corky...I want to be with you forever.", Strato sighed, nuzzling me as we watched Dashie and Flutters play with the other kids who came to the wedding.

"Don't worry, I won't leave you alone, ever!", I promised.

We were happily married for 4 years, but nothing could prepare me for what happened next......